Chapter Five

Twisted Illusion


"Master Donghae, it's time to wake up." Donghae groaned in his sleep feeling the sunrays hit his sleepy eyes. he slowly opened them before he sat up on his bed with a little frown feeling too tired to get up.

"What time is it?" He asked his maid who was preparing his clothes.

"Its 7am Sir." Donghae nodded before he stood up and walked towards his bathroom to get himself ready for another day of work. After he finished his morning routine, he went outside to find his clothes already neatly prepared on his bed. He got dressed before going down for breakfast.

"Good morning." Hyukjae greeted him with a smile once he sat down on his usual chair.

"Morn'," He replied the greeting before yawning.

"Tired?" Hyukjae asked with a small chuckle and Donghae nodded and tried to wipe the sleep away from his eyes.

"What's your plan for today?" Hyukjae asked and Donghae just shrugged.

"I have a lot of work to finish so I'll probably be working until late today again." Hyukjae pouted hearing Donghae's plans and nodded which made Donghae chuckle at his little cute display.

"Why are you sulking?" Donghae asked with a small smile and Hyukjae just looked at him before shaking his head.

"It's just that I'll be all alone the whole day like that." Hyukjae whined and Donghae just smiled apologetically at him.

"Sorry Hyukjae. How about I take you out for dinner tomorrow?" Donghae suggested and Hyukjae acted like he was thinking while tapping his chin before grinning and nodding his head as an agreement.

"You two are pretty close now." Siwon who was watching the whole scene with his brothers, pointed out with a chuckle causing Hyukjae to blush slightly and 
clear his throat while Donghae just chuckled.

"Well, Hyukjae is a good friend and a great company to have around while shopping," Donghae said before turning around and looking at Hyukjae with a smirk.

"I'm actually looking forward to the next time we go to the mall together again." Donghae finished and Hyukjae just looked at him with eyes wide in shock before he shook his head furiously.

"I'd rather go to jail than to experience that again!" Hyukjae exclaimed which caused the cousins to laugh while Donghae looked at him and pouted.

 "I'm really not that bad. You're just exaggerating."

"You really are that bad Hyung. You really need to fix this little hobby of yours." Sungmin said with a grin while his brothers nodded each wearing a similar grin to the others. Donghae glared at them and pouted sulking. Everyone was against him.

"I told you yesterday, that really doesn't suit you!" Hyukjae said laughing referring to the other's pout. Hearing that, Donghae turned towards him before leaning closer slowly while his pout grew bigger making Hyukjae laugh while lifting his hands infront of him in a defense pose.

"Alright I'm sorry! You're really cute!" Donghae grinned feeling satisfied before leaning back on his chair and continued his food while humming the nursery rhyme 'pop goes the weasel' making everyone chuckle at his childish act.

"I always wonder who's the oldest one here." Hyukjae said and Donghae just shrugged while smiling innocently at him.

"You're hopeless." Hyukjae shook his head before continuing his breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"I'll be going then." Donghae said after they finished their food and stood up to leave.

"Take care! Be careful on your way!" Hyukjae said which caused the cousins to laugh. He looked at them and mouthed a 'what' and they just grinned at him.

"You guys act like newlyweds." Siwon said and Hyukjae felt how his face instantly turned beet red and he glared at Siwon when he heard Donghae laugh.

"I'll take me leave then. See you tonight Darling." Donghae mischievously said before leaning towards Hyukjae just to steal a quick peck from the other's cheek before running away laughing while Hyukjae cursed after him with a face redder then a tomato.


~~~~~~~~~~~

After Donghae arrived to his work, he had to immediately go to a meeting which lasted for three long boring hours. After the meeting finished, he walked towards his office feeling how his head was aching already and it hurt him even more when he saw how his secretary entered his office with piles of papers waiting for him to check and sign. He looked at them feeling almost desperate at the amount of work he has to do before sighing and deciding to just start doing his work instead of just staring at them in despair.

Ring Ring~

He was almost finished with his work when his internal phone rang. He answered it while still checking on the papers, when the secretary announced that someone by the name Lee Hyukjae was there to see him. Donghae frowned wondering why the other was there.

"Let him in." He said and hung up. Not long after, the door opened to reveal a grinning Hyukjae.

"Hi!" The younger greeted excitedly and Donghae just raised an eyebrow at him.

"Hey. What a surprise Hyukjae, what brought you here?" Donghae asked which made Hyukjae pout.

"It's too boring at home! There's nothing to do! That's why I came to check things out here!" Hyukjae whined before he grinned at the end of his sentence making Donghae chuckle at him before smirking.

"Who's the childish one now?" Hyukjae crossed his arms around his chest before sticking his tongue out at the other making Donghae laugh at his childish act.

"Come sit down. I'll just finish these papers then I'll take you for a tour around the building before we go get some lunch." Donghae offered. Hyukjae grinned and nodded excitedly before sitting down on a sofa opposite of Donghae's desk to wait for the other to finish.


After awhile, Donghae finished his work and stood up from his chair while smiling at the other.

"let's go! I'll show you around the building now!" Donghae announced making Hyukjae grin before standing up excitedly. He couldn't wait to go out. He waited for almost an hour for the other to finish his work so he was getting too bored.

"Finally! Let's go!" Hyukjae exclaimed and they both walked out of the office to walk around the place.

"Yah! Lee Donghae!" Donghae was showing Hyukjae around the management office when they heard a loud voice call out to Donghae causing them both to look back to find a long haired feminine guy walking towards them with a frown before he stopped infront of them. And before Donghae could even react, he was smacked on the head by the guy making him pout while holding the place he was beaten.
 

"Ouch! Chullie Hyung! What was that for?" Donghae whined making the other glare at him.

"You dare ask me that? Why didn't you come visit me for so long? And you even dared to not invite me to your new company's party!" The other exclaimed and Donghae's pout just became bigger.

"I did try to invite you! But your secretary told me that you were on a vacation trip in China with Hangeng Hyung and didn't want anyone to disturb you!" Donghae explained and 'Chullie' -as Hyukjae guessed his nickname was- just snorted and waved his hand at him.

"Still not an excuse-" He was about to talk more when he felt himself be pushed forward and Hyukjae saw how his face turned red immediately in anger before he turned around to yell at the unfortunate soul who just had to trip and fall behind the 'Great Kim Heechul' as exclaimed by the person himself still shouting at the poor guy.  Hyukjae and Donghae watched the scene in silence before Donghae chuckled and leaned closer to Hyukjae.

"Looks like we both have the same job," Donghae whisper causing Hyukjae to turn and look at him in confusion and Donghae just grinned at him before clearing.

"We both have to deal with crazy people." Hyukjae giggled hearing that. Donghae then took hold of his hand before pulling him to sneak away out of the office to avoid the fuming Heechul. Hyukjae looked back at the scene while walking before turning back to Donghae.

"Is it alright to leave like this? Wouldn't he get angry?" Hyukjae asked and Donghae just laughed.

"He'll be absolutely pissed, but I'll manage." He answered and turned to grin at the other which Hyukjae returned with a smile.

They both then decided to cut their little tour short since they didn't want to risk coming across Heechul again and decided to just go get lunch.  They walked out of the building and looked around.

"Where do you want to eat?" Donghae asked and Hyukjae just shrugged.

"Anywhere, doesn't really matter." He answered and Donghae nodded.

"Let's walk around then until we find a restaurant." He suggested and they walked around the streets. They were walking around when something caught Hyukjae's attention. He stopped infront of the shop and turned his head to stare at something on the display.

"Hyukjae?" Donghae called when he noticed the other stopping and walked back to stand beside him. He saw how the other was staring at something so he looked at the shop to find that it was an antique shop. He looked around wondering what Hyukjae might be staring at before noticing his gaze was fixed on a particular item. He walked towards the window and took a closer look to the object and he felt how his breath got caught from how beautiful the item looked. It was a pocket watch. It wasn't any ordinary one though. It had an unusual color. It was dark blue with black shadings and white dots making it appear like the night sky. It was simply beautiful and breath taking. Donghae stared at the little object for awhile before turning towards Hyukjae.

"Do you like it?" He asked and Hyukjae just cleared his throat.

"Kinda. Anyway, let's go get lunch!" Hyukjae exclaimed and tried to pull Donghae but the other stood still.

"Do you want it?" He asked making Hyukjae look at him in surprise before shaking his head.

"N-No. I just thought it looked interesting that all. Now let's go I'm starving!" He explained and pulled Donghae who looked suspiciously at him before sighing and walking away with the other.

After, they entered the first restaurant they found which was a fast food one. They sat down beside the window and ordered their food before they started to talk. They talked mostly about random stuff like their favorite football team and who'd win in a 'how long can you hold your breath' challenge. They shared completely useless conversation but they had the most fun with them. They laughed and sulked when one won the other in an argument or when they talked about who was the smarter one. They probably looked like two idiots talking to anyone who noticed their silly conversations but they didn't care. They had fun and were happy. And that’s the most important thing. As long as they were happy, they shouldn't care what other people said.

After they finished their little lunch time together, they both walked out of the restaurant each with a smile on their face feeling content after eating.

"Phew! That was good!" Hyukjae said with a grin and Donghae nodded in agreement.

"So what are you doing now?" Hyukjae then asked and Donghae looked at his wrist watch to see the time before sighing.

"I have a meeting after an hour and I'll probably have to work until late again today. What about you?" He answered and Hyukjae thought for a moment.

"I'll go to the hospital to check some things out. I haven't gone for a while I want to see if there's anything new." Donghae nodded in understanding before grinning at the other.

"Well, I guess I'll only see you tomorrow then. I'll miss you dear!" He leaned quickly and stole another peck from Hyukjae's cheek before running away laughing from a fuming Hyukjae.  


"Tsk, this guy!" Hyukjae mumbled with a small smile before he shook his head and sighed. He took a last look at the guy now standing on the other end of the street waving at him with a grin before waving back and turning around to leave.


Donghae was walking back to his work when he passed by a certain shop. He looked back at it before an idea popped in his mind. He grin before walking back towards his target.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And just like what he thought, Donghae spent the whole day at work like before even though he didn't have to avoid anyone right now, but he had too much work for him to leave early. So he had to stay until it was already 10pm. He was already on the verge of sleep when he reached his home so he just walked towards his room and was barely able to change his cloths before he threw himself on his bed for his long awaited sleep.

'Hmmmm~ tra~ra~ra~'

He was just about to fall asleep when he heard a humming voice resound in the room. He frowned and tried to ignore it but the voice somehow got louder and just kept humming the same part of the same song over and over making him almost cry out of frustration. He opened his tired eyes and looked around in anger wondering who was making so much noise so late at night when he was just about to fall asleep. He then stood up from the bed and tried to detect where the sound was coming from.

"The hall..." He whispered with a frown before opening his room's door and walking out.

'Pop goes the weasel~'  A girl's voice sang once he was outside his room before giggling started to sound all around him. He looked all around the floor but didn't see anyone.

"Where are you?" he shouted but the voice just kept giggling.

"Show yourself!" He yelled again but the giggling just continued on before it started to hum the same familiar nursery rhyme.

"Argh!" Donghae groaned in frustration and started to look around the floor trying to find the source of the sound but he couldn't find it.  The voice started to get louder and louder by the second and he had to palm his ears to try to block the sound when it started to hurt him.

"Argh! What do you want from me?" he shouted but the voice just giggled before the giggling multiplied and sounded at the same time. As if hundreds of people were laughing at him. Mocking him.
The sound made him almost lose his mind. It made him lose his temper and made him frustrated. He looked around still palming his ears trying to block the sound but failing when the sound just kept piercing through his ears.

"Stop! Stop it!" He yelled and the giggling stopped. He opened his eyes which he didn't realize he had closed and took his had away from his ears before looking around. At that moment, Hyukjae's room's door swung opened before a worried Hyukjae ran towards him in panic.

"Donghae? What's wrong? What happened? You look pale!" he asked concerned.

"Did you hear it? Did you hear that noise? It nearly drove me crazy!" Donghae exclaimed causing Hyukjae to look confusedly at him.

"What noise? I woke up to the sound of you shouting. What happened Donghae? I'm seriously getting worried here." Donghae looked at Hyukjae shocked not believing what the other just said.

"You really didn't hear anything? The sound almost busted my ears for God's sake!" Donghae almosted shouted but Hyukjae just looked worriedly at him before shaking his head.

"Other than your screaming, everything else was silent." Donghae looked shocked at him before walking backwards away from him. No. No it was real! He definitely heard it! He wasn't crazy, he heard it and if the other didn't, then he's the crazy one! Donghae's head then snapped up and looked around when he heard another giggle although now it was way lower than before.

'No one can hear me but you Donghae' The voice said making him frown.

"Donghae?" he heard Hyukjae call him but he ignored the other and looked around instead.

"What do you mean?" He asked the voice but the only answer he got was more giggles before they grew louder and louder and was now the same as before. Donghae groaned in frustration before covering his ears and closing his eyes hating the sound of the laughter, when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He opened his eyes to peak and found Hyukjae just standing there looking at him in concern completely unaffected by the loud noise. He groaned and squeezed his eyes
 shut.

"What do you want from me?" He yelled again. The voice stopped before laughing at him.

'They'll think you're crazy if you kept shouting like that' It mocked him before it started to laugh uncontrollably, he groaned before walking backwards until his back hit the wall. He let himself slide down until he sat on the floor before pulling his legs up to his chest and leaned his horribly aching head on it.

"Stop it. Please." He begged in a soft voice already feeling how desperation took over him and how his head was about to explode. He then felt how Hyukjae sat beside him before wrapping his arms around him in a comforting manner.

"It's okay I'm here. Everything is going to be alright. It'll pass soon." Hyukjae tried to comfort him but Donghae just ignored him. It felt terrible. To be the only one experiencing such things. To be the only one going through something like that. It made him so frustrated. Why did it have to happen to him? Why was he the only one going through this? Why was he the only one suffering? Did he do something in his ious life for him to deserve all what's happening to him? Was he really sick after all? Even if he didn't want to believe it himself, but there's no other logical way to describe what was happening to him. What if he really was sick? No, he shouldn't think like that. He's not sick. He knows he's not. Even if the world said that he was, he believed in himself. But he couldn't help the slight doubt in his heart. If he wasn't crazy already, then this all will definitely turn him insane if it continued like that.
Just as he thought that, the voice finally stopped. He took away his hands from his ears and his tired eye started to open slowly. He looked at Hyukjae who was still hugging him, telling him that he was with him and that everything was going to be okay. No, everything is not going to be okay until he fixes it. Unless he proves himself, nothing is going to be fine. So he broke the hug from Hyukjae before standing up and walking towards the stairs completely ignoring the concerned look Hyukjae shot him before he stood up.

Donghae walked to the second floor before knocking on his cousin's doors which were beside each other. Not long after, they got out one after the other and Donghae observed them with a frown feeling his frustration grow when he saw how they all had sleepy eyes and were looking at him in confusion as to why he woke them up so late at night.

"Did you guys hear anything?" He asked going straight to the point and the three brothers looked at each other as if asking what the older meant but by the confused looks they gave each other, they figured none of them knew what the older meant. They then looked back at Donghae with clueless looks before shaking their heads. Donghae looked at them in disbelief not believing what's happening.

"You've got to be kidding me, right? You really didn't hear that God forsaken laughter earlier?" He asked again but they just shook their heads.

"What are you talking about Hyung? There was no laughter. We were sleeping peacefully until you knocked on our door." Siwon said yawning and Donghae just felt helpless and his head started to ache even more. Was he really the only one who heard that?

"God dammit!" He yelled and pulled his hair in frustration caughting everyone by surprise.

"This is making me insane! I can't take it anymore! I'm sick of this!" he yelled in despair and Hyukjae quickly walked towards him before holding his hands and taking them away from his hair.

"Calm down Donghae! Everything is going to be alright. Just calm down." He tried to calm the other but Donghae just looked furiously at him before shouting again.

"Everything is not alright! This is all going to turn me insane anytime soon! I want it to stop! I've had enough already!" He stopped shouting and panted feeling how his started to get dizzy and Hyukjae noticed the change so he placed his hand on Donghae's back and looked at him worriedly.

"Donghae? Are you okay? You look really pale right now." But Donghae didn't get the chance to answer before his sight blurred and everything turn black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:-  Lalalala~~ Sup guys? Chapter 5 is here! Damn this took me alot of time to write! 3555 words xDD that's a personal record lol! Do you guys like it so far? I hope you do lol! I feel so sleepy right now *yawns* I kept writing this chapter for 3 days which is very weird since I usually write any chapter in just one day in like 2-3 hours. but whenever I start writing, I just save it before finishing and just go to bed.  lately idk why but I'm literally tired and sleepy 24/7. no matter how long I sleep I'm still always tired. everyone in my family is complaining about it and saying that I'm being too lazy but I can't help it. idk why but I just can't seem to stay awake. I feel like I should go see a doctor honestly lol! This is so not normal x'D 

Anyways, I hope you guys liked this update! Tell me what you guys think! 
See ya again soon~~