Chapter Two

Twisted Illusion

The next day Donghae gathered all the maids and made them stand in a line before him. He stared at each one of them examining their features. He walked back and forth observing with a frown on his face, trying to recognize any of them as the girl he saw the day before.

" IT! GET BACK TO WORK, ALL OF YOU! NOW!" He yelled startling the maids. They all bowed before excusing themselves and walking away hurriedly. His cousins who were observing the whole scene from afar walked worriedly to Donghae.

"What's wrong Hyung? What's making you angry? Did they do something to upset you?" Sungmin asked worriedly. Donghae sighed before massaging his temples.

"Apparently nothing." He said and smiled at them.

"Sorry if I scared you. I guess I was confused about something. You go back to your studies and don't worry." His cousins smiled.

"Okay then. Don't overwork your self then Hyung. I'll go to my exams now. Goodbye." Kibum then said before waving goodbye and leaving followed by Sungmin.
Donghae sighed and walked towards his office. He sat on his desk and frowned placing his hands before his face. He couldn't understand what was happening. He just saw a woman yesterday and he was sure that it was one of his maids. That’s why he gathered them today. But they all had short hair, and the ones with long hair had either blond or light brown hair. None of them had the long black hair the girl from yesterday had. Which means that it was not one of his maids. Which only leaves one conclusion. Someone broke into his mansion last night. He doesn't know who, why or when but he's going to know and when he does he'll make sure that she'll receive a severe punishment.

Donghae frowned before calling the head guard on his in-house phone.

"Mr. Lee?" The head guard answered

"My office. Now!" Donghae demanded before ending the call. It didn't last 3 minutes when Donghae heard a knock on his door and the head guard came in with two guards by his side and stood infront of Donghae's desk.

"What might be the problem Mr. Lee?" The head guard asked wondering what he did wrong and why Donghae was glaring at him right now.

"Tell me, are you doing your job right?" Donghae said now calmly and simply stared at the three figures infront of him.

"P-Positive! We're trying our best to guard you and your house Mr. Lee." The head guard said shaking at first but calmly again. Donghae glared at him hearing him say that before slamming his hands on his desk making the latter flinch.

"Then would you mind explaining to me why the hell did someone break into my house yesterday? I would love to hear your explanation!" He exclaimed in anger but he only got confused looks from the three people infront of him.

"We don't understand what you mean sir. No one broke inside yesterday. If someone did break in then I would know since I'm the only one responsible for the security cameras here and I make sure to observe it carefully." He said looking confusedly at his boss. Donghae sighed trying to calm down.

"Then go bring me yesterday's tapes of the front yard and the third floor." Donghae ordered. The head guard nodded before telling one of the guards with him to go bring the two tapes.

"I assure you sir that no one broke in yesterday. I wouldn't allow it!" Donghae just glared at him making him stop talking and they just waited for the guard to come back.

 Two minutes passed and then the guard returned with the tapes. He walked towards the TV there and played the first tape. Donghae looked intently at the screen observing and seeing if something would happen or if someone appears. The screen was showing the front yard of his mansion. There were guards patrolling around and guarding it. No one was walking there except the guards.
Donghae frowned.

"Forward the tape." He demanded. Still nothing happened.

"Play the one from the third floor then." He said sighing. He was sure that now he would be able to show them the girl. The guard played the second tape. There was nothing out of the ordinary, just the empty dark hallways of the third floor. Donghae frowned confused as to how there was no one there.  He then saw how he opened his room's door and walked out looking around. He was utterly confused to see that no one knocked on his door before he opened it, since he only opened it when he heard the knocks. He then saw how he was talking in the video to supposedly the girl, but there was no one there. It was just him in the hallway. Donghae shook his head not believing what he's seeing in the video. The video was just showing him speaking and running after nothing. He was literally alone the whole time in the video. It looked like he was a mad man.

"I can't believe it..." He whispered staring at the screen with wide eyes. The guards looked at each other than at Donghae.

"Are you okay sir?" One of the guards asked waking Donghae from his trace. Donghae looked at them and glared.

"What did you do?" He asked with gritted teeth. The guards looked at him in confusion.

"Do what?" they asked utterly confused

"What did you do with the videos?" He half shouted at them. The guards shook their head at that.

"N-nothing sir, we didn't do anything!" the other guard answered.

"I know what I saw yesterday! I saw a girl in the hallway that night!" he shouted at them. At that moment Sungmin and Siwon knocked and entered his office each with a worried looks on their faces. They were worried when they heard him shout from outside so they came to see what was going on. They saw how devastated Donghae looked so Siwon turned to the guards and smiled a little.

"Can you leave us now? We'll call you if we need you." He said. The guards simply nodded before bowing and leaving the office. He then turned to Donghae to see that he had his head resting in his hands. He sighed before walking towards him with Sungmin by his side.

"What's wrong Hyung? What happened?" Sungmin asked patting Donghae's back softly. Donghae just looked at them before sighing and telling them everything. How he first heard the knocks in his office and how he saw the girl in the hallway. The boys looked at each other after hearing that then looked at the TV screen showing the empty hallway. Siwon then turned towards Donghae and patted his back before smiling.

"Well, you might have imagined that Hyung. Since you were about to fall asleep so you might have been half asleep at that time and you just imagined it." Siwon reasoned trying to sooth Donghae alittle. Sungmin nodded hearing Siwon's explanation.

"Yeah that happens to me a lot too so maybe it's that." He said with a smile.  Donghae looked at them both before sighing.

"Yeah, you're probably right." He agreed and smiled at them. The boys grinned.

"See? it's all alright! Just don't stress your self over it." Siwon said before patting his back one more time.

"I'll go to my exercise now. I'll see you at dinner!" Siwon said and waved goodbye.

"I won't." Donghae answered and waved back at the other.

"I'll go finish my project then." Sungmin said before hugging Donghae and leaving. Donghae smiled at that and waved good bye to the other. He sighed when he was alone in his office and stretched his arms alittle.

"Well, I guess I'll just forget all about it. It might really have been something caused by my lack of sleep." He said and decided to just shrug what happened off and pretend that it never happened and to stop thinking about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week passed after that incident and Donghae already forgot about what happened the other day. He was too busy to think about it anyway cause right after what happened, his new company was opened and now he's busy with arrangements and work. And today was one of those busy days since today he planned a party to celebrate the opening of his company. Many businessmen and elite people are coming so he has to make sure everything is perfect.

"Mr. Lee, the buffet has been prepared." The Chef came to announce. Donghae nodded.

"Good. Tell the maids to organize the dishes properly. I won't tolerate any mistakes like before." Donghae warned the Chef remembering the incident that happened the last party where a maid accidently broke several dishes. 

"Understood." The Chef said and bowed before he walked away.

Donghae then started looking around. He was currently in the ballroom where the party will be held. He started to personally give orders to his workers. He wanted to make sure that everything is going to be perfectly done. This party was important since he'll be able to make many deals that night and the guests coming are very important personas so everything had to be perfect.

One hour later, everything was perfect and Donghae went to get ready since the guests will start to arrive shortly and he had to welcome them.

"Mr and Mrs kim, I'm very happy that you could make it today." Donghae said smiling his charming smile towards the two people infront of him. They were one of the most important clients so he had to be very careful with them for the sake of his deal.

"Well, we couldn't possibly miss the party. Which is by the way is extraordinary." Mr kim said smiling back at Donghae.

"Why thank you. I'm glad you enjoy it." Donghae said still smiling his charming smile. Donghae talked with the couple infront of him for awhile laughing and talking and then walked towards other clients to talk with them. He walked around the party the whole night talking with different guests and he was already getting tired. So he excused himself and walked calmly towards the terrace attached to the ballroom.
Donghae sighed and leaned on the stone rail feeling exhausted already. He closed his eyes trying to rest for a little while when he heard someone talk behind him.

"Feeling tired already?" Donghae turned around to find Siwon walking towards him with a soft smile and two drink in his hands.

"Here." He said giving one to Donghae who took the drink gladly.

"Thanks."

"No problem. Hey, I wanted to tell you this since before but you were too busy so here I go." Siwon said making Donghae look at him in confusion before his confused face turned bright with a wide grin when he heard the next few words.

"Congratulations Hyung. I'm really proud of you. I know you worked hard." Siwon said with a happy smile. This little congratulation words were very meaningful to Donghae, he was happy to know that his cousin  felt that way. He really appreciated his support. Donghae then went and hugged his younger cousin.

"Thank you. I'm doing all this for you guys, so you should congratulate yourself as well cause this is your company too and not mine only" Donghae said and broke the hug smiling at his cousin and turned to look at the garden under them.

"It is, isn't it?" Siwon muttered under his breath.

"Huh? Did you say something?" Donghae asked and Siwon just shook his head.

"No, nothing." He said with a smile.

"Oh, okay." Donghae smiled back at his cousin before looking back at the garden. It looked so beautiful under the moonlight. It was as if it's glowing with the stars in the sky. The scene was breath taking making Donghae smile calmly. But then it happened.  Donghae's eyes widened and the glass he was holding fell from his hand breaking on the ground. Siwon looked worriedly at him.

"Hyung! Are you alright? What's wrong?" He asked but Donghae just kept quiet still staring at the garden under him before slowly raising his hand and pointing towards the garden. There, standing in the garden under the moonlight was the girl from before. Wearing the same white gown  and her hair covering her face. Siwon looked at the garden before frowning and looking back at Donghae.

"I can't see anything." Donghae glared at Siwon once he heard what he said.

"How can you not see her? She's standing right there!" Donghae said furiously not understanding how his cousin can't see the girl standing in the garden and staring at them at the moment. Siwon placed his hand on Donghae's back trying to calm the other.

"Are you sure you're okay Hyung? Cause there is nothing there."  Donghae looked unbelievably at Siwon before pushing his hand away and running out of the terrace and all Siwon could hear from him before he disappeare was something about catching her to prove he's right.

Donghae ran out into the room full of his invited guests before running out of it pushing and ignoring anyone trying to talk to him already forgetting about everything else. He had one objective on his mind now, and that was to catch the girl.
He finally ran out his house and into the garden. He looked around searching for the girl trying to find her before he saw a glimpse of her hair behind a large tree at the far end of the garden. He quickly ran there and he heard how his cousins were running after him calling him in worried voices but he ignored them cause the only thing he wanted now is to catch the girl and nothing would stop him. He finally arrived panting to the tree only to scream in frustration when he didn't find the girl anymore. He looked right and left but still there was nothing. He didn't see anything. He pulled his hair feeling how he became desperate before he fell and sat on the ground. His cousins finally caught up to him and they hurried worriedly at him when they saw him sitting on the ground.

"Hyung!" Sungmin shouted before they ran faster towards him.

"Are you alright?" they asked feeling how they panicked seeing the devastated expression the older made. Donghae looked at them and glared.

"I'M NOT! I'M NOT ING OKAY! I ALMOST HAD HER! I ALMOST HAD HER BUT SHE RAN AWAY! AGAIN!" Donghae shouted feeling how he became more frustrated with each second that passed. Siwon sighed.

"Hyung, there was no girl to start with." He said trying to reason with the older only to earn a glare in return.

"I saw her." Donghae confidently said before standing up and walking towards the security room. He was persistent on showing that he was not imagining things. He really did see her and he'll prove it. While he was walking away, Siwon turned to Sungmin in a hurry.

"Go quickly to the ballroom. Tell the guests that Donghae is not feeling too well and the party will have to end." Siwon ordered and Sungmin simply nodded before running towards the mansion. Siwon then hurried to follow Donghae with Kibum by his side. They arrived to hear Donghae shouting towards the guards.

"Start the tape, NOW!" The guards nodded before quickly starting the tape. Donghae grinned in victory when he saw the girl on the screen.

"Hahahaha! I told you! I wasn't imagining it! She's real!" He laughed and pointed at the girl on the screen only to stop when he saw how everyone in the room looked at each other then at him with sympathetic looks. Donghae glared at them feeling mad at how they looked at him.

"Why are you looking at me like that? The girl is right there! She's right infront of you on the screen!" He exclaimed in anger but Siwon just sighed and shook his head.

"Hyung, I think you need to rest."

"I won't rest. We have to find her before I rest! I wouldn't be able to sleep before we catch her!" Siwon frowned hearing that and went to grab Donghae's shoulder.

"Stop it Hyung! There is no girl on the screen!" He said trying to bring Donghae back to his senses. Donghae widened his eyes in disbelief and took a step back while shaking his head.

"What are you talking about?" he asked softly and pointed at the screen

"SHE'S RIGHT THERE!" he shouted.

"If she's right there, then why are you the only one seeing her? WHY DOESN'T ANYONE IN THIS ROOM SEE HER EXCEPT YOU? ANSWER ME HYUNG!" Siwon shouted back making Donghae look at him in surprise.

"What do you mean Siwon? Do you think I'm crazy then?" He asked and he shook his head before he glared at the other when he didn't say anything, confirming what Donghae just guessed.

"I'm not crazy. I know what I saw." Donghae said and walked away angrily towards the mansion and to his room ignoring Kibum's calls behind him.

Donghae went to the bathroom and took a warm a shower feeling how his whole body was feeling tired.

"I'm not crazy." He whispered to himself.

"I know she's real. I.Am.Not.Crazy." he stressed before sighing and walking towards his bed finally falling asleep after a long tiring day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Donghae-shii, it's time to wake up." The next morning Donghae woke up to a manly but soft voice.  He groaned before opening his eyes only to find a blond guy standing infront of him with a soft smile. Donghae wondered why strange people keep appearing infront of him like that.

"Who the hell are you? And what are you doing in my room?" Donghae asked with a frown  while staring at the blond guy.

"My name is Hyukjae. Lee Hyukjae. And as what I'm doing here, that would be left to when we are with your cousins." He answered still smiling. Donghae grumbled before standing up from his bed and walking towards his bathroom ignoring the smiling guy. He was tired and he already had too many things on his mind so he didn't want to bother with that guy.
When Donghae walked out, he didn't find the guy in his room anymore. He shrugged and just walked to his closet to get himself dress since the maid didn't prepare his clothes which is odd. He figured the blonde had something to do with it. He sighed feeling annoyed sensing that the new guy would be a problem later.  Donghae got dressed before going to eat breakfast. He went down to find his cousins already seated waiting for him with the guy sitting on the chair next to his. He sighed before going to his seat. They all kept quiet while they ate and Donghae waited for them to finish eating before opening up the conversation that he saw how his cousins were trying to avoid it and not to start.

"So, does anyone mind telling me who the hell is this guy and what he's doing in my house and more importantly, in my room?" He asked clearly displeased. The cousins looked nervously at each other not knowing who should be the first one to tell him but then they stopped once they heard the fifth person on the table talk.

"I'm Lee Hyukjae, as I have introduced myself before. And I'm a psychiatrist." And the whole room turned to look at Donghae.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:- Hihi =D Well, Hyukjae finally appeared!! This chapter is kind of long since it's actually two chapters together. I figured that if I just posted them alone then they'd be too short so I decided to post them as one and also it would have taken too long for Hyukjae to appear if I didn't.... So, what do you guys think? is it good enough? ^^ 

Also, GET READY FOR DEVIL <3 <3 Lol I'm so excited for this comeback. like I can't even akdhskhgkdaj!!!  

hehe anyways, thanks for reading and subscribing!