Chapter One

Twisted Illusion

.Master Donghae, it's time to wake up." A figure stirred in his sleep before opening his eyes slowly and standing up from his bed with a groan"

"What time is it?" He asked his maid. The maid smiled before answering.

"It's 9 am. I waited two hours later than your usual waking up time as you have requested." He nodded before making his way to his bathroom. He had slept late the ious night due to an important business party that he had to attend. He expected it to last long but he didn't expect it to last until 2 am, he took 2 hours to return to his home and to take a shower before sleeping. He usually goes to bed at 12 am the latest, so he figured that he wouldn't be able to wake up at his usual time considering that he went to sleep before it by 4 hours only.

He continued to the shower and felt how his body relaxed under the warm water, he had to finish quickly and go to his work since he's pretty late already. Not that it matters if he was anyway since he owned his work place. He was 33 years old but he already owns multiple hotels across the world which he had inherited from his late parents. But that doesn't mean that he didn't work hard to reach his statue since he now owns one of the  top companies in the world all by his own hard work which is amazing considering his young age. That’s why a lot of business men from different ages and statues respect him. But that doesn't mean that there is no one who despises him. A lot of people feel jealous over his statue. Thinking that he was born with a golden spoon and had everything already while they had to work hard and still not be able to achieve half of the things he had already achieved. He doesn't care about these people though, since he knows that no success can be reached without someone trying to put you down and try to make you feel bad.

Donghae then finished and walked out of his bathroom with only a towel wrapped on his waist. Walked towards his bed finding his suit already neatly prepared on it as always. He quickly got dressed before walking out of his room and down to his dining room.
He entered the dining room to find everything prepared already. He walked and sat down on his chair at the lead of the table before looking at the three figures sitting before him. They were his cousins, Siwon 22 years old, Sungmin 20 years old and Kibum 19 years old. His parents took care of the three when their parents died in a car accident when they were all young. They all grew up together. And now since Donghae's parents died since 5 years ago already, he's the one taking care of them now until they are able to completely take care of themselves and for them to each inherit their share in the inheritance.

"Good morning." He said smiling at them.

"Good morning Hyung, how was your night?" One of them greeted back.

"It was tiring, I felt like I was going to sleep the whole time I was there," He said, sighing at the end of his answer. He then smiled. "What about you Siwon? You said that you'll stay with your friend yesterday, I didn't expect you to come back so early." He asked while eating

"Oh. That. Ha ha. W-well, while I was with my friend Kibum called me asking me for help in his studies so I had to come back early." He answered with a nervous laugh. Donghae looked suspiciously at him before looking at Kibum to find him looking with a nervous smile at him. He frowned.

"That's odd, you never help Kibum in his studies, even if he begged." Donghae said while frowning at the pair.

"W-Well, you see Donghae Hyung, Kibum has his exams tomorrow so Siwon had to help even if he didn’t want to. Either that or Kibum fails!" Sungmin, the fourth person on the table, defended while the other two nodded their heads each with a nervous smile on their faces. Donghae looked at them now completely suspicious of their behavior.

"What is wrong with you guys today? You're acting very weird." He asked with a frown. He saw how they glanced at each other before Siwon cleared his throat and laughed awkwardly.

"You're just imagining things Hyung, maybe because you're tired since you didn't get to sleep well last night." Siwon said trying to make Donghae forget about the issue and Donghae could see that but he decided to just shrug it off. His cousins were always weird. Ever since they were young they would act weirdly and make Donghae suspicious only to find out that it was nothing important, like them tearing his favorite book or just borrowing his shirt or something like that.
Donghae sighed remembering that before shaking his head.

"You guys are hopeless." He said before standing up.

"I'll leave to work now. Take care of yourselves. And Siwon, make sure Kibum had studied well, I will not tolerate him failing. I will punish you two and you know that when I say I'll punish. I.Mean.It." He glaring at them making the boys shiver in fear. Seeing that, he smiled before turning around and walked away while waving goodbye failing to see the three boys sigh in relief.

"That was close." Sungmin said once Donghae was no where to be seen and the two boys nodded their heads relieved that that conversation ended.

~~~~~~~~~~~


Donghae walked sleepily to his office, he just needed to take some documents from there and he'll just return to his home and work there since there was nothing important to do today anyway. He quickly took his documents before walking to his car and returning to his home already feeling like abandoning everything and just going to sleep. He sighed at that thought.
 

"Yeah right, like I can do that" he said mockingly before yawing.

He finally arrived home after an hour of driving. He walked lazily to his office that he made for times like this when he just wanted to stay at home.
He sat down before looking with a grimace at the pile of papers he needs to finish before sighing and starting his work.

While he was observed in his work, he heard his door knock.

 

Knock…knock…knock

 

 

then stopped.

"Come in." He called but no one came in. He frowned when he heard it again.

 

Knock…knock…knock...

 

"Come in!" He yelled this time thinking that maybe whoever was out there didn't hear him but still no one came in. He sighed before standing from his chair and walking towards the door and opening it. He looked in surprise seeing no one standing out. He walked out his office and looked left and right but he didn't spot anyone. Donghae shook his head before entering his office again.

"Must be the brats." He said in annoyance knowing that there was no one else in the house except his cousins and the maids, and he was pretty sure no maid would play such a prank with him. So he concluded that it was one of his cousins or all of them who did that.

"I'll ask them about it later." He whispered before walking to his desk and continuing his work.

While working he heard another soft knocks. He frowned in annoyance before yelling.

"What now?" He saw how the door opened slowly and a maid came inside while looking down scared at the floor thinking that she annoyed her boss.

"S-Sorry sir I didn't mean to disturb b-but it's time for lunch." She said while bowing alittle. Donghae sighed for the nth time that day before nodding.

"Okay I'll go now." He said. The maid bowed before excusing herself and walking out. Once the door was closed again, Donghae stretched before standing up.

"Good timing I was starting to get hungry." He said before walking out his office and to the dining room. He went to his place on the table and sat down. Siwon and Kibum joined him shortly after. They started to eat in silence before Donghae decided to break it.

"Where’s Sungmin?" He asked.

"He's at his college. He left right after breakfast." Siwon answered. Donghae nodded before staring at Kibum and Siwon.

"So, Siwon, Kibum. What were you two doing this afternoon?" Donghae questioned looking intently at the two guys infront of him.

"Studying." Kibum simply answered while eating. Donghae frowned at his answer completely unsatisfied. He cleared his throat before continuing to eat.

"You know, I won't be mad if you two were playing or something. Like knocking on my door and running away." He said and he saw how both the boys looked at each other in confusion before looking at him.

"What do you mean hyung?" Siwon asked. Donghae sighed leaving his fork and looking at them.

"You know what I mean Siwon. You guys know that I don't like to be interrupted while working, so don't do that again." He said and he saw how the boys looked even more confused.

"What did we do?" Kibum asked making Donghae look at him in frustration.

"Don't come knock on my door then run you idiots!" He almost yelled at them earning a surprised look from the two males.

"But we didn't even leave my room since after the breakfast Hyung." Kibum said while looking at Donghae confusedly. Donghae frowned and looked at them in suspicious but seeing their confused faces he knew that it really wasn't them who did that. He sighed and shook his head.

"Never mind then." He said and Siwon just kept looking at him wondering what was wrong but he just shook his head and continued eating.

Donghae then spent the rest of the day working in his office and he didn't leave it even when the maid came and announced dinner. He didn't feel like doing anything else that day and only left when it was 11:30 pm already and it was time for him to go sleep.
He stood up lazily from his desk and walked out of his office and to the third floor where his bedroom is. He liked to have his privacy which is why absolutely no one is allowed in the third floor or his room except from his personal maid who comes to wake him up and clean the room. Otherwise, the floor is clearly prohibited.
Donghae entered his room and changed his clothes before laying on his bed feeling the tiredness take over his body.

He was about to fall asleep when he heard footsteps outside his room. He looked in confusion at his door wondering what was going on and who was out there. He saw how the shadow of someone was walking back and forth infront of his door making him all the more confused. And that was when it happened. He heard them again. The same three knocks from this afternoon.


Knock...knock...knock…


Three knocks on his door. He frowned remembering what happened in the afternoon. He slowly got up from bed and decided to open the door himself instead of calling like he did before. He walked slowly towards the door making sure not to make any noise while he did so, so that whoever was out there wouldn’t run away. He stood infront of his door and took a deep breath readying himself to confront whoever was out there. He then opened it and looked outside. He grimaced when he saw that there was nothing out there except for darkness. Just like before.
He walked out his room and looked around from left to right. And that’s when he saw it. There was someone out there standing in the darkness. It was a girl. She was standing at the end of the hallway completely still. She wore a white night gown and had long black hair. Donghae squinted his eyes trying to see who she was but her long hair was falling on her face making it impossible for him to recognize any facial features, and the darkness wasn't making anything better.

"Hey!" He decided to call her but there was no answer making him frown deeper.

"What are you doing here? Don't you know that this floor is prohibited?" He said but still no answer. He sighed thinking that maybe it was one of his maids sleep walking so he decided to go to her, but once he started to take a step forward, the girl backed away into the darkness.

"HEY! !" He cursed before running after her only to stop when he didn't see her anywhere. It was like she completely vanished into thin air. Donghae sighed in frustration and messed his hair feeling annoyed that he lost sight of the girl. He wondered what was wrong with her and why she kept knocking on his door like that. He hated to admit it but it kind of freaks him out a little. Donghae shook his head before going to his room to sleep. He decided that he'll gather all the maids tomorrow and see which one was she since they are the only girls in his mansion. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


A/N:- And here's the first chapter! What do you guys think? =) I personally like it but still kinda not satisfied because I couldn't really write the scenes like I imagined it (It's my self criticism. I'm never satisfied lol!)  but it is still hopefully good! I hope you guys like it and thanks to everyone who subscribed!  Hope I didn't disappoint you lol!

AND BTW!! HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN DEVIL? Omg I'm already totally in love with it!!! I seriously can't wait for it to come out! It looks hilarious already <3 It's so......Suju lol! These dorks never change <3 That's why I love these ajusshis so much <3 

ANYWAY! Thanks guys for reading! i'd love to hear your feedback! =)
Also sorry for the grammer errors lol!  See you in the next update <3 =)