Chapter Four

Twisted Illusion

They spent the rest of the day talking about random stuff together until it was already time for dinner. Donghae was surprised at how fast the time flew by. But he didn't mind, he really had fun talking with the blonde. Although they were just talking about completely random stuff, but still it was fun.


They walked into the dining room laughing at a joke that Donghae just said.  And the scene made all the occupants of the room gap with eyes wide in shook. Now that was a sight to behold.
Donghae looked at his dumbfounded cousins and chuckled while sitting down on his chair with Hyukjae sitting on the chair beside him.

"What's wrong?" Donghae asked his cousins who were still looking at him in disbelief.  They just stared at him for a while no one answering, when Siwon finally answered still with wide eyes.

"You're laughing.."

"With Hyukjae." Sungmin ended making Hyukjae laugh.

"Well, Donghae found that I wasn't as bad as he thought so he decided to befriend me." Hyukjae cleared up with a grin. The three boys blinked in surprise before they looked at each other and grinned.

"We're glad!" Kibum sighed in relief. Donghae glared at them playfully before sighing and shaking his head. He knew why they were happy and he wanted to argue about it. But he decided to just let it go. Donghae knew that they were worried about him and after seeing their relieved faces, he didn't have the heart to have another argument. He loved them that much. Even if he was at the right.

After dinner, they all decided to gather in the living room and watch a movie together. After the movie ended, they all headed to their rooms since it was late already. Donghae was climbing the stairs to the third floor when he saw how Hyukjae was following him.

"What's wrong? Do you need something?" he asked and Hyukjae just shrugged and pointed at the end of the hall way opposite of Donghae's room.

"I'll be staying in that room." Donghae frowned and looked at the one other room on the third floor.

"No one is allowed to stay on this floor." Donghae declared and Hyukjae just smiled at him.

"Well, I have to be close by just incase something happened so that it'll be easier to reach me. Also, there are no other vacant rooms that I can occupy so I have no other option." Donghae stared at the younger a little before nodding his head not really wanting to agree but not wanting to argue with the blonde either, so he just turned around quietly and walked towards his room. He looked back at Hyukjae at the end of the hall and smiled.

"Good night."

"Good night Donghae." The other answered with his smile before they both entered their respective room. Donghae sighed once he was inside his room and grabbed his laptop before sitting on his bed. He opened the search engine and slowly typed 'schizophrenia'. Now don’t get him wrong, he's not saying that he has it. He's just curious. He wants to know what is it that everyone accuses him of having.. he knows that’s it’s a mental disorder revolving around hallucinations. But he wanted to learn more about it. Just incase. You know, better safe than sorry.

he started to brows only to frown when he saw how there were more than one type. And in his case, he was more closer to paranoid schizophrenia than any other type. He searched more about it and sighed in relief when he read the symptoms. He was sure that he didn’t have it now. He was starting to doubt himself. But now after reading more about it, he was relieved to see that he didn't have most symptoms. Like he didn't hear voices or weird sounds and his temper was okay. The only thing that might be, is the hallucinations which is him seeing the girl. But there's nothing that proves that she wasn't real –and no he's not counting on the videos cause someone might have edited it- other than that, there's nothing to prove that he was a patient.

Donghae smiled in content and felt at ease after his little search so he turned off his laptop and placed it on the bedside table before he laid down on his bed and covered himself. He sighed in content.

"Hearing stuff, huh?" he talked to himself "Must be creepy." He smiled before slowly falling to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day he decided to go shopping. So he got dressed and went to the dining room for breakfast joining his cousins and Hyukjae.

"Good morning." He greeted with a smile. " Good morning." The four guys answered in unison making Donghae chuckle. He was feeling really good that day and his mood was great. Which was one of the reasons he wanted to go out today. But he doesn't like to go shopping alone so he decided that he'd ask Siwon to go with him.

"Hey Siwon." He called getting a hum from the younger.

"Wanna go to the mall with me?" Donghae asked excitedly. Hearing that Siwon chocked on his food and started to cough making Sungmin pat his back trying to help his brother breath again.

"S-Sorry Hyung. But I'm busy today." He said and smiled apologetically at the other. Donghae nodded before looking at Sungmin.

"What about you Sungmin?" He asked hopefully. Sungmin looked at him with wide eyes before laughing nervously.

"Sorry H-Hyung but I have to help Kibum with his studies today, R-Right Kibum?" He asked and turned to look at his younger brother. Seeing his pleading look, Kibum quickly nodded his head not wanting to be Donghae's next target and face Sungmin's wrath later. Hearing that, Donghae sulked not liking the idea of going to the mall alone.

"It can't be helped then." He said clearly disappointed. "Sorry Hyung." Sungmin apologized and Donghae just nodded with a small smile.

"I can join you if you'd like." Hyukjae offered after seeing the disappointed look the other had on his face and he chuckled when he saw how Donghae beamed at him after that. He was amazed at how a 33 year old man can act so childish.


Hyukjae had a strong feeling of regret when they exited the 6th  clothes store already and he kind of figured why the three brothers came up with excuses not to join Donghae. The older really likes shopping. And when he says really, he means REALLY. They have been walking around for 5 hours already without stopping for a second and Donghae doesn’t even look the least bit tired.
Hyukjae pouted with a frown.

"Donghae~ I'm tired! Lets rest already!" He whined feeling exhausted already. Donghae looked at him before grinning.

"Don't worry Hyukjae. We'll rest. But right after you try this on!" Donghae exclaimed while showing an outfit he picked to Hyukjae causing the other to widen his eyes in horror and shake his head furiously. Oh no, he will not try anything on. After seeing how the older is, he was almost sure that they'll spend atleast two hours more with him trying different clothes which Donghae will gleefully pick out.

"No! Please Donghae let's rest! I can't stand anymore!" Hyukjae almost begged making Donghae look at him with the best kicked puppy eyes he could master.

"Please Hyukjae? Just this one?" Hyukjae stared at him with a frown trying not to lose to those eyes but it seemed like the more he stared, the bigger Donghae's puppy eyes became making him groan and snatch the outfit out of Donghae's hands before walking towards the dressing room while mumbling incoherent words leaving a beaming Donghae behind feeling triumph.

And just like Hyukjae had thought, they spent 2 hours in the store trying different outfits and ending up not buying half of them. Finally, Donghae agreed to take a break so now they were walking towards a luxurious restaurant at the top floor of the mall just because Donghae didn’t want to stay somewhere noisy. Once they were inside, a waiter came and showed them their seats at the far end in a secluded area. Once Hyukjae saw the chair, he flopped himself down and groaned in pain completely ignoring where they were. His whole body was aching so he really didn't feel like caring. The waiter then placed two menus infront of them before leaving.

"So, what do you want to eat?" Donghae asked with an innocent smile once the waiter was gone only to receive a glare in return.

"Don't you dare look at me with that innocent smile of yours! I can't move my body!" Hyukjae exclaimed in anger. Donghae chuckled hearing that before scratching his head awkwardly.

"Sorry, it's just that once I start, I can't seem to be able to stop myself. That's probably why no one likes to go with me to the mall." He apologized and smiled at the blonde earning a scoff in return.

"Who would have thought that THE Lee Donghae had such a hobby." Hyukjae with a smirk.

"Ouch Hyukjae! I'm hurt!" Donghae pouted acting like he was hurt making Hyukjae laugh.

"Stop that! It doesn't suit you. You're too old for that." Hyukjae said grinning making Donghae frown. He was about to retort but the waiter came asking for their orders. Donghae quickly ordered for them since he knew everything on the menu already and Hyukjae was too busy talking and didn't scan the menu. After the waiter excused himself, Donghae turned towards Hyukjae and smiled at him.

"I won't bother then." Donghae said referring to him taking Hyukjae with him to the mall. Hyukjae smiled back before replying.

"You're not a bother. You just need to lessen the time you spend shopping. You're seriously worse than a teenage girl." Donghae pouted after hearing that. "I'm not that bad." He whined causing Hyukjae to laugh again.

"It really doesn't suit you." Hyukjae said grinning making Donghae's pout deepen.


"You don't know anything! I'm adorable!" Hyukjae burst out laughing even more after hearing that.

"Okay okay you are, so don’t sulk anymore."  Hyukjae said turning Donghae's pout into a grin satisfied with what the other said and Hyukjae just shook his head at the other.

"I can't believe that one of the top and most respected business men in the world is such a childish guy." He exclaimed and Donghae just shrugged and smiled at the blonde.

"You shouldn't judge a book by its cover." Hyukjae smiled at that and hummed.

"You're right."  Just then, their food came. After they ate, they bought ice cream and finally left for the day. It was already 10 pm when they arrived home and Hyukjae just ran towards a couch and threw himself on it.

"I'm so tired." He mumbled feeling how his muscles started to relax a little after a long tiring, but fun day. Donghae chuckled and went to sit beside him after bringing two glasses and a bottle of wine before giving a glass to Hyukjae.

"Here, it'll help you relax." Donghae said while pouring in the glass which Hyukjae gladly took and drank in one shot.

"Woah there! No need to drink so fast!." Donghae said almost worriedly and Hyukjae just stared at him.

"What's wrong?" Donghae asked noticing the other's stare but hyukjae just sighed and shook his head.

"Nothing. Pour more, I want to drink." Donghae gladly complied and after the third glass, Hyukjae was already sprawled all over the couch with his face flushed red already drunk. Donghae looked at him in amusement seeing how the other looked.

"You have a very low tolerance." Hyukjae groaned hearing that.

"Shut up!" he mumbled causing Donghae to chuckle.

"Go to your room to sleep then. It's already late." He said but Hyukjae just groaned at him not moving from his place. Donghae sighed before standing up and carrying Hyukjae over his shoulder.

"Yah! What are you doing? I'm not a potato sack!" Donghae chuckled hearing the other's exclaim.

"You're the one who refused to get up."

~~~

"You should really eat more. You're too light for a guy." Donghae said once they were on the third floor but hyukjae just hummed in respond making Donghae sigh and give up on trying to talk to the other now. Once they were inside the blonde's room, Donghae walked towards the younger's bed before laying him down on it gently and taking off his shoes and socks knowing that Hyukjae wouldn't take them off. Donghae then pulled the blanket up to cover the sleepy and drunk blonde.

"Good night Hyukjae. Thanks for accompanying me today." He whispered softly before walking towards the door to go to his room.

"Donghae," he stopped in his tracks when he heard the other call him softly. He turned around and walked towards the blonde again.

"Yes?" he answered wondering what the other wanted.

"I'm sorry." Donghae frowned. It was a soft whisper. Almost inaudible. But he heard it.

"What for? Why are you apologizing?" Donghae asked softly in confusion but the other was already fast asleep. Donghae sighed and shook his head.

"It's probably nothing." Donghae whispered to himself before exiting the room and walking away to his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n:- Chapter 4 =) What do you guys think? Hope you like it so far! And more Eunhae moments! ^o^ The next chapter will take a little while to be updated cause I still didn't write it. So forgive me if it's not up soon OTL. I'll start writing it now though so I guess it wouldn't take too long.
Well anyway I hope you liked this chapter.. Some more creepy scenes will come up the next chapter so look forward to it ^o^ but don't worry it's not too creepy. ;) 

Also, Anyone else feeling depressed over EunSiHae's enlistment? I can't get over the fact that I won't be seeing my Hyukkie for two freaking years T^T That's too long without my baby! *starts bawling my eyes out*  Just look at this cutie! JUST LOOK AT HIM! HE'S TOO CUTE FOR THE ARMY!!



Waaaaah! I DON'T WANT MY BABY TO GO!!  *runs away while singing 'Don't leave me' and crying my heart out*