Chapter 2

Have You Ever Kissed a Girl?

I know that this is short, but the next chapter is the last one, so I had to spilt it.


“Who’s that Myungsoo guy from earlier?” Haneul asked on their way home.

Minseok rolled his eyes, he did not like talking to the girl even when the topic was Kim Myungsoo, he did everything on his will to avoid the girl at school, but lunch time and on the way home were not his lucky time.

“You saw him in our class, so he’s our classmate,” he answered with a bored tone.

“Duh,” Haneul rolled her eyes, “I could see that, but what’s up with all the chatty? Is he always that friendly to the new kid?” she asked again.

“Just be grateful Kim Myungsoo was willing talking to you,” Minseok spat.

Myungsoo was indeed talking to Haneul earlier in school, making Minseok loathed the girl more.

“But he’s annoying, I can’t talk to you if he talks to me.”

“Why would you need to talk to me anyway?” Minseok frowned.

“I like talking to you, that’s why!” she huffed.

Well, I don’t,” Minseok thought.

“So, you and Jongdae are best friends?” she asked another question.

“Yup.”

“Since when?”

“Since we were kids.”

“Why were you call him Chen, earlier?”

“Because that’s he’s Chinese name.”

“He has a chinesse name?” Haneul asked with wide eyes. “Why would he have a Chinese name?”

“So that my friends in China would easy to call him,” Minseok shrugged.

“Your friends in China?”

Minseok sighed, hated the fact that he should explain to the girl, but he explained nevertheless, “I lived in China for 5 years when I was 4th grade until middle school, I moved back here when I enter high school.”

“You lived in China?” Haneul asked curiously, too immersed into the conversation that Minseok loathed.

“Yeah, Appa got work there.”

Haneul nodded. “And Jongdae visited you in China before?”

“Yup.”

“So. You also have a Chinese name then?”

“Yup.”

“What is it?”

“Xiumin?”

“Xiumin?” Haneul said in awe, “it’s cute.”

And Minseok almost, almost, blushed.

“Umm, Minseok?” called Haneul, “Can I ask you a rather personal question?”

“You asked too much question already, what’s different?” Minseok retorted sarcastically.

“Um, I’ve been thinking about this, your appa surname is Choi, right?” she asked carefully and Minseok nodded. “And your dad’s Kwon, while your umma’s Park, but why do you have Kim instead of their name?”

Minseok laughed at how fidgeting she was when she asked the question. Minseok did not see anything’s wrong with the question since he’s been asked the same question many times before.

“Well, when I was a baby, I live with my mom for a year for feeding, she had a husband back then named Kim Joohyun, and I got his surname since I lived under his roof. My appa once wanted to change my surname to Choi, but he ended up arguing with dad and umma since they all want me to have their name, so at the end they keep the Kim, the man I barely know, but I’m okay with that, since name doesn’t really matter to me.”

Haneul nodded “wow,” she muttered, but happy that she knew another fun fact about Kim Minseok. “Anyway, you agreed to be my private tutor, right? Can we start from today?”

Minseok’s eyes widen “from today? Can we do it another day?” he protested.

Haneul whined, “Aaa waeee? Today’s perfect, let’s do it today, Minseok,” she tugged in his sleeves.

Minseok let out a sigh, “alright, your place or my place?”

Haneul giggled, “you made it sound ert that way,” she said.

Minseok rolled his eyes, “you know exactly what I mean. So, where is it then?” he asked again.

“Your place? My room’s boring,” she answered.

Minseok was suspicious that Haneul wanted to study at his home because she actually wants to see his room. “Okay, but we’re not going to study in my room,” Minseok warned.

“Why?” Haneul whined again, “I wanna see your room, I want to see where my Minseokie sleeps.”

“Your Minseokie??? Do you always like this with he guy you’ve just met?” Minseok asked, feeling annoyed.

“No, it’s just you, why? You jealous?” she giggled.

“Please,” Minseok rolled his eyes, “why would I? Besides, I’m gay,” he smirked.

Haneul’s face fell, “what? Your joking, right?”

Minseok bit back his laugh when he saw she was in the verge of crying, “why would I be joking? Don’t you know Park Hanuel, I was raised by 2 gay dads, there’s a big chance that I might gay,” he said.

“Are you sure that you are gay?” she asked shamelessly.

“I’ve never been more sure in my life, I’m gay,” he said proudly.

“Have you ever kiss a girl then?” Haneul asked.

Minseok blushed furiously “wh-what?? What are you asking?” he stuttered.

“If no, then don’t be so sure,” she said. “Maybe you’re not gay.”

“I’ve never kissed a boy before, but I’m sure that I like them,” he retorted.

“Then kiss me,” Haneul suddenly said.

Minseok stunned. “Yah! Are you crazy?!” he boomed. “why would I kiss you?”

“So that you’ll know that you are gay or not.”

If it’s not for her angry look, Minseok would think that she was joking, but no Park Haneul was so serious, and Minseok could feel that his face heating up. “This is ual harassment,” he yelled.

Haneul pouted, “it’s not, it’s a pure science, it’s for the sake of curiousity, we have to make sure that you really gay or not.”

“You are crazy, you know that?” Minseok glared at her.

“But you have to make sure,” Haneul insisted.

“I’ll find another girl to kiss instead of you, then,” Minseok shrugged.

“Yah! What does that mean?” Haneul spat.

“It means that I will kiss anybody other than you,” Minseok retorted.

“Yah, Kim Minseok, you wanna die?” Haneul shouted.

“Why? Do You want to kill me? Kill me, kill,” Minseok moved closer to her and towered her, “I’d rather be killed than kissing you.”

“Are you serious right now?” Haneul glared at him. “Do you know how many human that wants me to kiss them? Just be grateful that I spare a glance at you.”

“Then KISS them!!,” Minseok boomed, he pulled his hair and took a deep breath to calm himself, “You know what, let’s stop this, this bickering is stupid.”

Haneul nodded in agreement, “But I still want my kiss,” she declared.

Minseok blushed “Wh-what? What kiss?” he pointed at Hanuel.

“I will make you kiss me,” Haneul glared at Minseok with a determined face.

Minseok knew better than argue, so he took a long stride and left Haneul with her short legs.

***

“Are you an idiot?” Minseok almost shouted at the top at his lung when he taught Hanuel algebra that afternoon, in his room, after Haneul rolled around his bed for a good 15 minutes making it crumple. “This is smell like you,” she sank her face on his pillow making Minseok’s heart skip a beat at her statement.  “You are unbelievable, I can’t do this anymore,” he said while rubbing his temple.

“Yah, you agree to help me, then help me,” Hanuel shouted back. “I have to pass this, Minseok, you have to help me,” She suddenly beg.

That’s what Minseok  hates the most about Haneul, just for a day knowing him, she already knew how to make him weak at her request. She could be a witty brat one second, and then beg him like a kicked puppy the next minutes, making him didn’t have the heart to reject her request. “I’ll help you,” Minseok suddenly had an idea, “but you have to say a good thing about me to Kim Myungsoo, and find out whether he’s gay or not.”

Haneul frowed, “why would you.. oh wait, you’re joking, right?” Haneul wore her almost crying face again.

“Nope, I’m not joking,” said Minseok. “Help me, Haneul, I help you with your study, you help me closer to Kim Myungsoo, it’s a win-win,” Minseok grinned.

“Hell no,” Haneul shook her head furiously.

“Then I won’t teach you,” Minseok sulked.

“But you promise me,” Haneul pouted.

“But why would I get from helping you?” Minseok argued.

“I don’t know, and I don’t care, you promise me,” said Haneul stubbornly.

“What can I do to make you agree?” Minseok did not give up.

“Kiss me,” Haneul suddenly grinned.

He leaned further from her, “Hell no,” he scrunched his nose in disgust. “I’ll get stupid kissing a brainless girl like you,” he said, making Haneul face fell.

“Let’s make a bet then,” Haneul said after taking a deep breath.

“What bet?” Minseok suddenly interested.

“If I pass all the subjects with at least B, I get my kiss, if I can’t then I’ll help you with Myungsoo,” Haneul said with a calm face.

Minseok raised one of his brow questioningly “are you sure?” he asked.

“Yeah,” Haneul nodded solemnly.

“No turning back Park Haneul, don’t cry a river if you lose the bet, I’ll show no mercy,” said Minseok.

“I won’t, you think I’ll be crying over you that easy? I won’t cry,” Haneul shot him a glare.

“Fine, deal then,” Minseok held out his hand for a handshake.

Haneul took the hand and shook it with a determined face. Minseok smirked mentally, judging from how stupid Haneul was, he was sure that Haneul will lose the bet, and he thought how happy he’ll be if he could get closer with Kim Myungsoo.