Forgetting You

Summer Love

 

 

Chapter 3

 

Third Person’s POV

 

It was a fine day for another school year to start. Two of the incoming transferred seniors were walking the hallway. The girl was clutching tightly on the tall guy’s arm, making them look like a couple. And it wasn’t left unnoticed to the other students who were intently looking at them, thinking what a beautiful couple they were.

“Hey Yoongie. I’ll be going this way, now. You should go to your building or you’ll be late.” The guy handed her bag back and pointed at the architecture’s building while the girl would be heading to the fine arts’ building.

“I’ll see you at the end of the class, okay?” The two of them had different schedules. Yoona tiptoed and pecked Sooyoung’s cheek and departed their ways. Sooyoung went to the faculty first before going straight to his class since he’s a transferred student.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

I was scribbling random things to my notebook, killing boredom. Where’s the professor? I hate first day of school, really.

“Good morning, class.” Our professor greeted but I’m too busy doodling stuff to bother listening to him. “Meet your new classmate. Please introduce yourself Mr.Choi.”

“Hi, I’m Choi Sooyoung. I’m from Japan and I hope that we’ll all be friends.” I looked up when I heard the familiar deep voice and when I did, I saw the tall guy I bumped onto yesterday, giving his charming smile that made all the girls in the room drift into their fantasies.

“Okay Mr Choi. Go have a seat beside Miss Jung.” Mr. Han pointed the empty chair next to me, gesturing to have a seat.

“Hey, you’re the girl yesterday right?” He spoke in a low tone, still had his smile on his face as Mr Han started to write something on the board. “I’m Sooyoung. And you are?” He held his hand out for a handshake.

“Jessica.” The only thing that I can mutter was my name while I shook his hand.

“Jessica. Nice name.” Did he just say that?

“Hi. I’m Tiffany.” My best friend stuck her head between I and Sooyoung’s seats as she was sitting at the back.

“Hi, Tiffany. Nice to meet you.” He then offered her a handshake as well. After two hours straight, Mr Han finally decided to dismiss us. Too much for the first day of school. I was fixing my things when I heard Tiffany spoke.

“Sooyoung, do you want to join us for lunch?” Tiffany asked Sooyoung who was also busy with his stuffs.

“Sure. Since I don’t have anyone to grab a lunch with.” Sooyoung replied as he wore his bag on his back.

“C’mon. I know a newly built restaurant nearby.” Tiffany both dragged the both of us, being excited as always.

 

***

 

“This is good.” Sooyoung was gobbling his food down, seems like he doesn’t even chew his food before swallowing it. The way he eats his food was so adorable and it reminded me of someone.

“Told you.” Tiffany was so into the foods as well. We were enjoying our lunch when Sooyoung’s phone rang because of a phone call.

“Hello, Yoong? You’re with your classmates? Oh, that’s good. Well, I’m with my classmates too. We’re here at the newly built restaurant nearby. Yes, of course I’ll pick you up later. We’re living under the same roof, silly. Okay, bye.” He dropped the call and looked at us. “Sorry about that.”

“It’s okay.” I replied.

“Girlfriend?” Tiffany asked and I nudged her side, thinking that she was being nosy.

“Oh, no. That was my friend. Family friend, in fact.” He once gave us a smile and continued eating. Seems like smiling was one of his hobbies.

“It was just a friend.” Tiffany mouthed to me when Sooyoung wasn’t looking and I just gave her the what-the-heck-do-you-mean look. The three of us enjoyed the whole time talking to each other. And Sooyoung was indeed hilarious, he never failed to make us laugh hard to every joke that he threw to the point that we almost tear up. It had only been one day that we know him but it seems like I had already known him for years.

 

***

 

“Hey, don’t you think Sooyoung is cute?” Tiffany slumped beside me on my bed.

“I thought you like that short soccer player?” I replied not breaking my eye contact with my laptop’s screen.

“Of course I like Taeyeon and don’t call him short, he’s cute-sized. I’m just saying that, don’t you find Sooyoung attractive? I mean he’s handsome, tall and witty. He’s perfect, Jess.

“You know that I already have someone that I like right?” I closed my laptop to have my whole attention to our conversation.

“It’s a dead-end Jessie. You don’t even know if he still thinks about you. Or does he still remember his freaking promise.” I can only sigh at what she said, thinking she might be right. Thinking that Youngie did already forget about me, about his promise. And I guess I should forget about him too.