Our Little Promise

Summer Love

 

 

Chapter 1

 

 

 

Someone’s POV

 

My father decided to send me back to Korea to continue my studies. When I took my first step, it all came back to me.

 

Flashback

 

I was playing toy guns with my friends when I noticed a girl sitting alone, so I decided to approach her.

“Hi, I’m Sooyoung. What’s your name?” I said as I held out my hand for a handshake.

“Sooyeon.” she said coldly, without accepting the handshake.

“She’s quite cold. Maybe that’s why she’s alone.” I thought as I withdraw my hand.

“Come.” I said as I held her hand and dragged her.

“What are you doing?” she asked while staring at my hand that was holding hers.

“We’re gonna play. That’s what children should do, not sulking.” I said as I gave her a smile.

“But you’re all boys. I don’t wanna play the game that you’re playing.” she said.

“Hey guys. This is Sooyeon. She’ll play with us.” I introduced her to my playmates, ignoring what she said.

“But she’s a girl. She can’t play with us.” my playmate said.

“We’ll change our game then. She’ll be the princess.” I said as I looked at her. “And I’ll be the prince.”

“I think I’m missing something. Wait here.” I said as I let go of her hand. And after several minutes, I returned with a flower crown in hand.

“Here, it’s perfect now. A princess should have her crown.” I said while smiling sweetly at her and I saw her blush.

 

End of Flashback

 

“How are you now? Do you miss me?” I lost my contact with her when I went back to Japan after summer. And in that summer, I found my summer love.

“Youngie, you’re here. I’ve been looking for you.” Yoona snapped me out of my thoughts as she hung her arm on mine.

“Hey Yoong.”

“I’m hungry.” she said cutely.

“You’re such a shikshin.” I said while I pinched her nose.

“Yah. I’m not.” she said as she pout.

“Stop that. You know I can’t resist you when you do that.”

“Then I will not stop doing it.” she said as she continued to pout that made me chuckle.

“Okay, okay. Let’s go.” I said as I drag her to the café in the airport.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

I’m here in my room holding the necklace that he gave me, and then I remembered what he promised.

 

Flashback

 

I was sitting at the park, waiting for him. It’s been our meeting place whenever we want to play. I enjoy it a lot every time I’m with him. I normally feel uneasy when other boys want to play with me, but when I’m with him; it’s very comfortable when he’s around. I saw him coming so I quickly stood up, but he seemed sad.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” I asked as I walked towards him.

“I’ll go back to Japan tomorrow.” he said and it made my lips curved into a frown, because there’s a probability that he will never come back.

“Are you coming back?” I asked. I tried to hide my disappointment but I can’t. He didn’t answer instead; he put something on my neck. I looked at my neck and I saw a necklace with SY on it.

“What’s the meaning of this?” I asked while holding the necklace, and I saw him smile.

“It means Sooyeon, but it can be also Sooyoung. Look I have mine too.” he said as he showed me the same necklace as mine.

“But you didn’t answer my question.”

“I will come back.” he said while holding my shoulders.

“Promise?”

“Promise.” he said and we had our pinky swear.

 

End of Flashback

 

“He’s so cute, especially when he does that smile.” I heard my best friend, Tiffany said dreamily as she sat down on my bed beside me.

“Hey Jessica, are you listening?” I start to use my English name after I came back from the States, and that’s where I met Tiffany.

“Of course.” I lied. I didn’t even understand a single word she said.

“Repeat it.”

“Huh?”

“I said, repeat what I’ve said. From the top.”

“………….”

“See, you’re not paying attention. Don’t tell me you’re still thinking about him.”

“………….”

“It’s been years. Are you still hoping that he will do as he promised?”

“He promised me. So I will continue waiting.” I said while holding the necklace and Tiffany just shook her head.

“What are you doing now? Do you still remember about me?”