Chapter | 3

Just wait, you'll be mine! [EDITING TIME!]

It was late. She was exactly 10 minutes late and she knew that it wasn’t a good thing at all, after all Luhan was obsessively punctual and didn’t tolerate when people broke his rules. Therefore the girl was one hundred percent sure that he would be furious. Yet she tried to think of something else to stay positive while she ran through the halls like a crazy person trying to find the room where the student council meetings usually took place. Being the clueless girl that she was she couldn’t find the room on time by herself, so after receiving instructions from five different students she finally managed to find the right way.

“Finally!” She gasped when she saw the classroom she was looking for at the end of the corridor.

When the female was close enough she hastily opened the door wide open without a second thought not wanting to be out of the meeting any longer. “I know! I’m late and I’m sorry! But don’t mind me, continue with what you were doing.” She snapped with closed eyes for fear of getting death glares because of her sudden irruption.

After a few seconds – feeling curious about the silence that surrounded her – she opened one eye only to take a discreet look. She scanned the classroom warily, realizing that everyone was looking at her with an amused smile except for a certain individual, who – on the contrary – was glaring at her. Miki could almost see the flames coming out of his eyes. But despite his evident discomfort the guy kept his composure, since – as always – he couldn’t let his emotions blur his mind no matter the circumstances, he always had to be rational and calm. That was what his parents taught him.

Luhan, in a light and almost elegant movement, stood up. “12 minutes late, Miki. Can I know the reason for this lack of punctuality?” He asked with an arched eyebrow, looking at her with neutrality.

He had reminded her only in the morning about the meeting that would take place today at half past four p.m. in room EC 401 for the specific purpose of planning the party to raise funds. Event in which she herself wanted to participate. And he had reminded her personally because he knew that she was going to forget about it, so he wasn’t surprised when he realized that the noisy girl was absent at the beginning of the meeting, the only one missing may he add. After all each member was aware of how strict Luhan was, so they must do what he commanded to avoid a scolding and they knew it very well. Yet, here it was this girl with sweat on her forehead and completely breathless, totally unprepared.

The girl's face lit up immediately upon seeing his face, the fact that he was irritated totally irrelevant to her.

“Lulu, I’m so sorry.” She apologized wholeheartedly with a pout. “But I couldn’t find this place, I had never been here before. And now that I think about it this classroom is quite spacious and pretty.” She commented as she scanned the room, which was clearly bigger, more modern and prettier than her own homeroom. “Hey! It’s not fair! My classroom is deteriorating, like seriously, the walls are worn out as well as the board and here it is a whole new classroom and what! People use it once a week, I bet you guys are the only ones coming here! Ugh, really…they don’t care about the convenience of students…” She started babbling with a frown.

Kyungsoo and the other three members of the student council began to chuckle as unobtrusively as possible while the president watched the girl with narrowed eyes, wondering why the hell he let her help with the party in first place, because if he hadn’t let her they wouldn’t be in this childish situation right now. And last but not least she dared to call him by that stupid nickname in front of other people, which is rather informal due to the situation they were in. Big mistake, Luhan took these instances very seriously and Miki was ruining everyting.

“Enough.” The baby-faced boy said earnestly. “Sit down and be quiet. You’ll only speak when I tell you so and don’t distract anyone. Just stay still.” He explained to her as if she were a naughty little girl.

Miki pouted and nodded her head in agreement, feeling guilty for being late and for interrupting the meeting. So she quickly sat down on the only place available; the farther seat from Luhan, which made her think that he himself was responsible for arranging the seats. Fact that she found amusing because no matter how many measures he took to stay away from her, the girl wasn’t going to stop trying.

Finally, once she was seated and quiet, the president resumed the conversation easily, ignoring Miki’s presence easily. Everyone was paying attention to what he was talking about without losing any detail, since Luhan only said things once and didn’t repeat anything, which is why Yuna – the student body's Secretary – always ended up exhausted after every meeting as she wrote down everything at the speed of light.

Meanwhile Miki only dedicated herself to observe once again the face of her boy. The way he moved his lips to speak, the way he moved his hands when he was explaining something, the way he looked at each member with intensity as if he were making sure that everyone was paying the proper attention and the manner in which he his lips every now and then. Everything was lovely for her and she found herself immersing herself in his eyes, forgetting the formality of the situation. Actually, the girl was so distracted that didn’t even know what he was talking about.

And all of a sudden, without any warning, Luhan looked at her for the first time since he ordered her to sit down. He was staring directly into her eyes and she found herself holding her breath. She could see how his mouth moved, indicating that he was saying something, but she couldn’t hear any sound, since practically the only thing that she could hear at the moment was the choir of angels in the background.

“Miki, are you even listening to me?” Luhan asked for the tenth time.

Everyone was already staring at her and every member could clearly see the absent expression on her face. She had a dreamy smile and her gaze was soft and sweet, fixed on Luhan’s face.

“You’re an angel. So beautiful…” She blurted unwittingly, with a gentle and soft voice.

Everyone started laughing again, but this time not so furtively, since the fact that a girl were clearly so madly in love with the president was simply amusing for them, especially considering that these two were poles apart. However Luhan wasn’t at all amused about the situation. He was trying really hard not to lose his masquerade, but when he realized that s were laughing at him on his own face because of Miki’s foolishness made him want to explode. It was as if they were making fun of him and that angered him, so he finally lost his patience. He stood up promptly at the same time he hit the table with his fist, scaring everyone for the sudden action, making them stop laughing instantly.

And juts like that Miki came out of her reverie and looked at him innocently, as if she were asking him what was wrong and for the baby-faced boy that was the straw that broke the camel.

“First you dare to be late. Then you behave in a stupid way in front of my members and as if that weren’t enough you have the nerve to say stupid things in an instance that requires seriousness. You wanted to have this responsibility and you're not taking it seriously. I hate when people don't know their place and you clearly have problems with that. If you want to stay you have to put aside your nonsense and do what you have to do. That is stay quiet and follow orders, so stop disturbing me. And if you're doing this just to be near me I suggest you to go, because I'm not in the mood for this. You can ruin everything, but when we are talking about issues that concern the welfare of the school and its students I will not let you to keep meddling. I’m so done with you seriously, so done. You’re pathetic and I don’t have enough patience to deal with you right now. Know your place once for all.” Luhan declared angrily as he glared at her.

Everyone stayed utterly silent, not daring to make a sound out of fear of having to face the newfound fury of the president. Kyungsoo was speechless, a little bit dazed by the words that came out from Luhan's mouth. He knew Luhan was right in a sense considering that these were indeed serious instances, especially under the guard of a demanding and strict president, but he couldn’t help feeling bad for Miki. Yes, she could be a little annoying at times and she was dense at the time of reading properly the atmosphere of certain situations. And yes, she became easily distracted and in the process distracted others around her, but the vice president thought it was a little excessive to be scolded in such a harsh way in front of others, it was somewhat humiliating actually. Nonetheless, as much as Kyungsoo wanted to defend her somehow, he couldn’t just go for it, because to be honest the guy was afraid of Luhan, especially now that for the first time he was witness of what happens when he gets angry, which is rather unlike him. Luhan was well known for his indifferent attitude after all.

Miki just remained silent like everyone else, looking at him apologetically, knowing it was her fault, she acknowledged it. She wasn’t angry with him, not even offended. How could she if his anger was legitimate? But in her defense she really couldn’t help but spacing out in his presence, he was too beautiful and lovely in her eyes.

“I’m sorry, Luhan. I’ll never do it again, pinky promise. I’ll work hard.” She said placing a hand over her heart solemnly as she grinned at him cheerfully, fully determined to not disappoint him once again.

Luhan felt more outraged – if that were possible – upon seeing her sincere smile. How could she smile after being scolded in front of everyone? How could she be so positive at a time like this? He didn’t understand. She should be affected and embarrassed, but instead she was just grinning in that oh so cute way while she apologized sincerely through her eyes. He didn’t like it at all, because deep down in his heart he felt a little guilty for reacting like that, especially if he watched Miki’s face, which showed no hatred nor anger, only repentance and resolution. But that wasn’t the worst of all, because what ended up for puzzled him was a murmur coming out from his secretary’s mouth. Yuna, who was right beside him, murmured . That was the trigger, because once he heard that word he felt somewhat embarrassed by his reacting, especially if he committed such a mistake in the presence of others. He had to show authority, confidence and good leadership. Being able to handle any situation without losing his temper, but here he was, exploiting because of a stupid girl blinded by the belief of being in love with a guy who clearly had no time for such childish things.

Failure, guilt, shame and discouragement.

And without looking at anyone Luhan hurried out of the classroom with the intention of escaping from his failure, but especially from Miki, whose expression could not get out of his head. The boy wasn’t running even though it was the only thing he wanted to do right now, instead he just walked the halls with a neutral expression, or so it seemed, because inside he was a mess.

Meanwhile inside the room everyone was silent, still looking the direction in which the president went by. All the members were confused by what had happened, they didn’t know why Luhan left, so they were confused and without a clue of what to do next. Everyone had a frown of confusion on their faces, except for Miki of course, who knew what was going on in Luhan’s mind. It was really obvious to her actually, but not for the others. This fact only confirmed what she already knew beforehand; she was the only person who really understood the boy, thus the only one who could comfort him properly. But before going on his search she had to take care of something first and that something had written the name of Yuna all over.

“Yuna, you shouldn’t have said that.” Miki said earnestly with a cute little frown, no trace of the cheerful and friendly girl. She could be a demon when it came to Luhan. Everything to protect him emotionally and physically.

The girl in question looked at her in confusion. “What are you talking about? I didn’t say anything.” She said innocently.

Miki stood up and pointed her with her index finger exasperatedly, losing her temper as was usual in her. “You big liar! I freaking heard you for God’s sake! You said that Luhan is an , how dare you?! He is amazing and you just insulted him like that, you peasant! Take that back right now before I kick your flat !” She exclaimed angrily.

The secretary blushed slightly as everyone was now looking at her expectantly for what she had to say in her own defense. Even though everyone – except Kyungsoo, who was by far more understanding than everyone else – saw him as a jerk they would never said it aloud, much less in his presence. Or worse, in Miki’s presence, who adopted a defensive posture every time someone said something bad about her Lulu.

“So what? I just said what everyone is thinking. Besides you shouldn’t defend him, Miki. He insulted you here in front of us. He embarrassed you in our presence! How can you be on his part? Are you crazy or what?” Yuna snapped when she recovered from the initial embarrassment.

“Yah! You are the crazy one here, saying bad things about my Lulu. Tch, you really have some guts and in my watch too! And for your information what he said doesn’t offend me at all, it's kinda true though. I can be annoying as hell sometimes, so watch your mouth! Next time I won’t be this nice so act like a good girl and don’t try anything against your king, you commoner! Understood?!” She said with her hands on her hips, like a grandmother scolding teenagers on the street.

Yuna was left with no choice but to nod meekly, knowing that if she didn’t do what Miki asked for it was going to be a long afternoon and certainly she had things to do, a life to manage. So she just went along with it for as much as she disagreed with what Miki said.

“Very good.” The exalted girl approved satisfied with the response, smiling happily for defending her boy with a good result.

And as if she had never been angry she said goodbye to each member – including Yuna – cheerfully to walk out of the place with a relaxed posture. Now all she had to do was to find Luhan and she knew perfectly where to find him, after all he always want to the same place when he wasfrustrated by something; the rooftop. That place was closed for most students, but since he was in a privileged position – for the fact of being the president of the student council obviously – he had access to some places kept away from other students. Not even his friends were allowed to enter, since Luhan followed the rules without even hesitating and if the protocol of the college said that no one could enter – apart from himself and s – then so be it.

She was walking slowly, without the need to hurry to reach his side because in this way she gave him more time for him to calm down in his solitude. Besides she couldn’t forget that the guy with baby face always needed time alone when he was really angry about something and –certainly – far from wanting to stress him more she wanted to comfort him, tell him that it was okay to get angry once in a while. All human beings had emotions and feelings, everyone made mistakes. It was normal.

She went upstairs slowly, step by step, trying to collect her thoughts. And when she reached the door that separated her from her dream guy she opened it without hesitation, entering into his comfort zone with confidence. She had to narrow her eyes a bit to get used to the sunlight that illuminated the whole place, but eventually her eyes adjusted correctly. She examined the place with her eyes until she spotted what she was looking for. Luhan was leaning on the edge of the railing as he looked towards the horizon. The girl couldn’t see his face as she was facing his back, but she could see how the wind played with his silky black hair slightly.

She smiled sweetly upon seeing that and walked in his direction, making noise on purpose when walking to announce her arrival. Although she knew that the noise made by the opening of the door was enough, she wanted to give him a second warning, just in case. When she reached his side she stood in the same position as him – elbows on the railing and her chin on her palms – looking in the same direction he was staring at. And in this way she stayed silent. It wasn’t the first time the girl tried to calm an angry Luhan, so the female knew exactly what to do. Besides he liked the silence and she for once would grant him that, just for now because she knew that she couldn’t keep shut for long.

“What are you doing here?” He asked suddenly, without emotion in his voice. He was hiding himself one more time under his mask.

She turned her head and found herself facing his beautiful profile. The wind was playing with his hair, hair strands brushed his forehead beautifully while the sunbeams kissed his milky skin gently, making him look almost sublime. His features were gentle and delicate, but his expression was stoic and cold and it wasn’t compatible with his appearance, which was a shame considering how attractive he looked when he was smiling. Miki couldn’t stop thinking about his smile since she saw it for the first time a couple of days ago. That radiant smile was still on her mind, reminding her about her goal; make him happy. And the girl knew that perseverance was everything in this situation, she had confidence in herself. Maybe she wasn't the most beautiful or the most desirable girl nor the most intelligent. Actually she didn't stand out for anything, she was just an average girl with nothing to show off, but at the same time she was the only thing Luhan needed and she was very aware of that. Perhaps no one would approve her as his girlfriend, because in the eyes of the world he was too good for her, but she didn’t think like that. She had to admit that sometimes she felt a little insecure about her appearance and personality, but what girl didn't feel insecure about that in first place? Furthermore, the love she felt for the baby-faced boy was enough to motivate her to give her best. He needed her in his life even though he kept on denying it, after all she was the one who stood by his side no matter what. She was the only one who supported him unconditionally, and it was pity that he still couldn’t realize that.

“I’m only making you company.” Miki replied with a smile, looking at him adoringly.

“I don’t want your company. Just leave me alone.” He snapped without bothering to look at her yet.

She pouted. “Sorry, but I'm not leaving. I don’t want you to be alone, especially now that you're angry.”

Finally he turned his head and looked at her with lazy eyes, as if he were bored to deal with her. “You're to blame for my frustration, it’s all your fault. So what makes you think I want to be with you right now?” He asked coldly, without altering his voice. He had been already manipulated by his emotions long enough, now he just wanted to be in control.

She just kept on smiling without wavering. “Don’t worry, Luhan. It's normal, you know. Get angry, become frustrated, laugh, cry. All that is completely normal. And you know what? What Yuna said is not true. Well at least to me you're not an . You're much more than that, but not even yourself realize that.” She said sincerely.

He smiled sadly. And even though she was dying to see his smile once again, certainly this was not what she wanted, not if he looked so lonely and lost.

“You’re so stupid.” He remarked looking at her with some exasperation, but the small smile was still there.

She grinned cheekily. “It doesn’t matter. I’m always on your side and always will be.”

The guy snorted. “Will you be on my side even if I hurt you? Would you be on my side even if I hit you or something?” He said sarcastically, clearly annoyed by her positivism. “Nonsense.”

“Aish, Luhan…you wouldn’t do those things, please.” She said making a face, as if he had said the most ridiculous and absurd thing in the entire world.

He shook his head. “I've already done it thousands of times actually. It's like I’m always hurting you.” He said in a low, cautious voice.

She looked at him with confusion, somewhat surprised by the fact that he felt that way, because she never thought he felt somewhat guilty for his behavior toward her. And to be completely honest for her it didn't matter at all. Any girl would feel offended and upset by the rude treatment Luhan had with girls, but Miki didn't think like that. In her opinion girls were ultra-sensitive and they weren't really interested in Luhan, because if they really were they would try to understand him at least, but of course that wasn't the case. They just contented themselves with appreciate his beauty from afar and think of him as someone completely unreachable, which is way too ridiculous because no matter what Luhan was still a simple mortal with flaws like everyone else. And it seemed that the only one who understood that was Miki and his friends of course.

“Don’t be silly Lulu, it's nothing. If you say that by what happened there in the meeting forget it because it was my fault anyways. No matter what people say about you, for me you're always awesome! So don’t be sad, okay? And the most important thing, you didn’t hurt my feelings.” She said smiling brightly.

Luhan stared at her skeptical, really speechless, because he didn’t understand how she could say such things when he himself knew that he wasn’t the friendliest person on the planet, let alone with her. He knew he didn’t treat her with kindness and patience, but she was still on his side and it was too good to be true. But what puzzled him the most was the sincerity with which Miki said these words. She really perceived him like that and to be honest with himself he didn’t know whether to be happy or angry. A part of him felt somewhat annoyed, because at this point in his life he had no plans to get involved with girls, but Miki did everything very difficult. This girl was turning his world upside down and it was starting to confuse him. Yet – at the same time – he was happy, content because finally someone accepted him just the way he was, something that hadn't happened before. Because even though his friends accepted him it was not the same thing. They knew him since they were children, when Luhan was a small child without worries or expectations to carry on his shoulders, he was simply a happy and sweet child. In other words they were stuck with him now, too late for them. On the other hand Miki met him in high school, where his personality had an impressive turn, wherein even his friends criticized him from time to time, but not her. She accepted him, supported him and stayed by his side, and Luhan didn’t know what to think about it. Should he be happy or upset for the confusion that she impregnated in him?


Hello my friends!!! It's been soooo long, right? I'm sorry, but I'm super busy with college so I don't think I can update that often for the being time :C

Leaving that aside, I hope you liked this chappie, I wrote this even though I'm busy because I didn't want to make you guys wait any longer so I did it with all my love for you ^3^

Actually this was so relaxing to write you know, I was having trouble writing my essay so I took that chance to clear my mind and here is the result! :D

Anyways, I love you guys <3 Stay healthy, happy and awesome ;)

Till next time!!