Chapter | 2

Just wait, you'll be mine! [EDITING TIME!]

The girl walked down the halls with a bright smile on her face, humming one of her favorite songs enthusiastically. She even danced clumsily to the beat of the song from time to time even knowing that she wasn’t a great dancer, earning a few laughs from her schoolmates in the process. But she just laughed with them, after all she knew she danced weird and not even herself could deny that fact. After singing the chorus – her favorite part – she spotted a relatively tall, slender and radiant figure, making her smile even wider if that were possible. The girl, without wanting to hide her enthusiasm, started jumping happily towards her boy, who was in his locker arranging and taking out things from it with his usual poker face. The female smiled sadly upon seeing the lifeless expression he always had on his pretty face as she shook her head disapprovingly, wondering the reason why Luhan seemed so disenchanted with his life when he could have it all.

Miki knew him well, although no one suspected it. Everyone thought that she liked him just superficially, everyone thought she was just behind the beauty of the boy, since that was the case with all the other girls. But the reality was very different. She adored the boy for many reasons other than his appearance. She knew about his dreams, his aspirations, his frustrations, his flaws, his virtues and she appreciated everything about him, literally. In fact she dared to say that she was the only one who really knew Luhan, inside and out. Maybe Miki was an absentminded girl, but when it came to him she always had her eyes wide open.

“Lulu! I missed you!” She said with her eyesmile when she reached him.

The boy wasn’t even surprised by her cheesy greeting, after all this already became a routine in the morning. Luhan stopped what he was doing and turned his head in her direction to observe her friendly, sweet and bright smile. Anyone would have smiled back inevitably since her optimism was contagious, but we are talking about the grumpy Luhan, so all he did was frown, totally annoyed by her attitude. How she could smile like that so early in the morning? Luhan didn't know.

“I've told you a thousand times not to call me like that.” He said mechanically, staring at her angrily. Whenever this girl called him in that so repulsive way for him he just felt like throwing up.

She just giggled cutely. “But I love to call you like that, because I'm the only one who does. It makes me feel a little more special, you know.” She admitted blushing slightly as she looked at him with bright, expectant eyes.

He didn’t want to admit it, not in a million years, but deep down in his frozen and rigid heart he thought that this view was lovely. Because let's be honest, Miki was adorable and his stubborn self knew it. However he remained with his poker face, refusing to externalize his most private and hidden emotions.

“Special? Don’t make me laugh.” He scoffed cockily as he turned his attention to what he was doing before the annoying girl came to him. “Actually you don’t even exist in my world.” He said casually, taking out the trash from his locker, which he took care to keep clean and tidy every day. Everything in his life had to be perfect and organized, and his locker will be no exception.

The girl folded her arms across her chest as she watched him doing his thing. “Hey! You’re so mean!” She said pouting, without taking his words to heart. “When we get married and have children you're going to regret treating me so coldly. Then you will wonder which country you saved in your past life for having scored a woman as devoted and wonderful as me.” She stated with seriousness written all over her face.

At that he could only sigh with resignation. There was no case, she would never learn and he didn’t want to waste his saliva in vain, so he just remained silent, trying very hard to ignore her, which was extremely difficult because she started to babble nonstop…as always.

“Last night I had a beautiful dream, you know. I actually dreamed about you and everything felt so real, I’m telling you. But then Kai had to show up and ruin everything. I'm starting to hate that guy.” She said frowning as she remembered the face of the boy that made her best friend sad.

Luhan sighed again. “And you're telling me these things because…?”

She started hopping while smiling from ear to ear, again in good spirits. “Because I want to, babo Lulu.” She said tenderly.

He just shook his head as he rolled his eyes, without understanding her behavior. Seriously, she acted like a child and that annoyed him, but what he hated most of all this is that at this point and not wanting to admit it, he no longer hated it as before. Now he just had to deal with it, before he didn't even tolerate it.

And before he could say something, Kyungsoo, the student council vice president, approached them running. Luhan waited for him to recover his breath while he scanned the documents that the boy was holding with a raised eyebrow, slightly curious.

“Luhan, we have a problem.” Kyungsoo announced with a heavy breathing as he handed the papers to the other guy.

Luhan was the student council president. His intention was never to get this title since he did not want to add more burdens to his already heavy responsibilities. However, being the smartest boy on the school, everyone put their expectations on him. That was what everyone expected of him, especially his parents and teachers, who pressured him to accept the position. He didn’t want to, he wasn’t interested, not liking the idea of having to be in charge of a bunch of stupid students, but the pressure was too much and he had no other choice.

Miki studied the expression of her boy and although he kept his poker face she knew he was by no means happy to do this. She knew how hard it was for him to be..well, Luhan, the most popular guy, the most efficient and intelligent boy, the only son of his parents and sole heir to the wealth and company of his father. It was really exhausting and she herself could see it with her own eyes.

“Hello, Kyungsoo.” Miki greeted him cheerfully when she thought it was appropriate to open without disturbing anyone.

The said boy smiled from ear to ear when he noticed her since he was so worried to deliver the bad news that he didn’t notice his surroundings.

“Oh, hi Miki.” He said sheepishly as he scratched his neck. This guy was extremely shy, which is why he didn't have a very big circle of friends. In fact his only friend was Park Chanyeol, a person as awkward as him. Yet Miki, being the social butterfly that she was, managed to get him out of his shell, at least when it came to her.

“Aigoo, look at you! You're sweating for having rushed to get here.” The girl said pouting, making the boy blush slightly. “Let me help you.” She added smiling.

She opened her backpack and hurried to find her pink handkerchief, she always carried it with her because it was a gift made by her mother, so it was quite precious to her. When she found it she walked closer to Kyungsoo casually and began to wipe his face with it gently, taking care to not rub too hard. He was with rosy cheeks, totally embarrassed by the proximity of her face, but he was grinning sheepishly, grateful for her kindness.

Meanwhile Luhan was reading the papers, but couldn’t help giving them a glance from time to time, and when he realized the proximity of both and the sweet smile she had on her face as she helped the vice president Luhan frowned - without knowing why exactly he was somewhat upset. So he decided to forget about it and concentrate on what really mattered at the moment. He reread the paper and he was finally able to register what was written on it. Minji – president of the welcoming committee – and Sunkuk – secretary of the student council – had given up their positions, leaving a lot of work undone. And not only that, the date of the party they were planning to do to raise funds was coming and the person responsible for making all this was precisely Minji. Luhan was furious, complaining internally about of how irresponsible people could become.

“What’s wrong?” Miki asked him by gently touching the hand that held the paper.

Luhan sighed exasperatedly and completely ignoring her question, looked at the other boy and asked him. “What is left to do?” He asked wearily, already stressed by the situation. He was so hating Minji right now.

“Well Minji left before starting to organize the party so…we have to do everything.” The smaller guy answered nervously, knowing very well how Luhan acted when something was not in order.

Luhan tried very hard to calm himself, not wanting to being controlled by his emotions. He closed his eyes and counted to ten in his mind, searching for that bit of rationality that was still in his body. It was for this reason that he didn't like to be the student council president, because in the end he had to do everything. He was the only one qualified to arrange things and the stress that entailed such responsibility disgusted him.

“Don’t worry, Lulu. I'll help you with the party!” The girl exclaimed cheerfully, happy to help her Lulu. However her smile was replaced by a scowl when the said boy glared at her as if he wanted to murder her.

“Forget it, you're not qualified to do it.” He said seriously, looking at her in the same manner.

She pouted. “But I want to help you! Besides you cannot do everything alone, trust me a little more. I will show how efficient I can be if you're the reason why I have to push myself.” She said with passion and determination coming out of her pretty brown eyes.

“Actually I think it's a good idea.” Kyungsoo remarked with a nod. After all, they needed now more than ever all possible assistance.

The baby-faced boy snorted. “Clearly you don’t know about her academic record, not to mention that she doesn’t take things seriously. I'm sure all she will do is to play around while the adult people work.” He said pointing her with his finger.

“Don’t be like that, Luhan! Besides my grades have nothing to do with the party and for your information I'm only a year younger than you! I’m also an adult!” She said folding her arms.

“Oh really? Because you’re just being childish right now, Miki.” He said smirking.

“I’m not! Just let me help you!” She insisted stubbornly.

“I said no.”

“Luhan!”

“No, Miki!” He yelled at her angrily.

“Why not? You can’t do this alone and Kyungsoo has many things to do. I’m your only option right now. Be reasonable.” The girl said hopefully.

The boy studied her face carefully and the only thing he could find was determination and expectation. She really wanted to help him and he noticed it. He sighed deeply.

“Ugh, fine! Do whatever you want.” Luhan said massaging his temples, in any case he knew that she wasn’t going to give up anytime soon. She was stubborn like that. Besides, what could go wrong? He would monitor her constantly so she wouldn’t make a mess and Kyungsoo would take care of the hardest things, she just had to do the dirty work anyways.

The girl's eyes lit up as if they were a Christmas tree. Unable to contain her joy, she threw herself into his arms without hesitation, trusting completely that he wasn’t going to drop her to the ground. And surprisingly Luhan wrapped his arms protectively around her waist as she entwined her legs around his waist like a koala. Their faces were close and Miki glanced at him with a huge smile, admiring his baby face in all its splendor. Instead he looked at her with eyes wide open in surprise, a little stunned by what had just happened.

“Thank you for giving me the opportunity to prove what I can do for you. In fact this is nothing, I would do anything for you, Lulu!” She said smiling prettily.

Coming out of his trance, he frowned and looked at her disapprovingly. “Oh, God, here you go again. Don’t overdo it and please get off of me. I don’t want anyone to see us and misunderstand the situation.” He said as kindly as he could, through his teeth.

She just kept smiling and shook his head vigorously. “Don’t wanna~”

Here we go again, he thought irritably. “Get off now.” He said unamused.

She giggled. She really loved when he was angry, maybe because he looked so cute when he was. “Don’t worry, Luhan. It's still early and the school is almost empty…nobody is going to see us.” She said playfully.

“What are you talking about?! Kyungsoo is watching us!” He cried out pointing to the other guy with his right hand as he held the girl firmly with his left arm.

The vice president watched how the girl clung to a clearly irritated Luhan as an adorable koala and he couldn’t help laughing, since the view was too ridiculous and comical as not to. The baby-faced boy glared at him, expecting to shut him up with the power of his intimidating stare, but to no avail. This girl was ruining his image for the love of god.

“Yah! You brat. Shut up before I make you.”

“I’m…sorry.” Kyungsoo said laughing. “But…you two look cute together.”

“What…? Yah! T-That’s ridiculous!” Luhan started to say flustered.

Miki started to giggle gleefully, happy that someone thought they looked good together. “Did you hear that? We make a cute couple, so why don’t you give up already and go out with me once and for all, Luhan.” She whined.

The said guy glared at the other guy and earnestly stated. “I hate you so damn much Do Kyungsoo.”

The vice president laughed one last time and finally managed to regain his composure. “Well, that was funny. Anyways I already delivered the news so now I’m going. See you around, Miki.” He said smiling shyly while he waved at her.

She turned her head and gave him a huge grin. “See you in the evening, buddy.” And after giving her one last smile he went to his classroom.

Meanwhile Luhan was still trying to wriggle out of the girl, but the latter refused to release him, unless he gave her a kiss on the cheek. And the worst part of all is that the students had started to arrive, so the corridors began to fill with teenagers. He couldn’t allow himself to be seen in this embarrassing situation, but everything indicated that it was too late, since several people - especially girls - were watching them openly, not bothering to even hide it, which was somewhat understandable considering Luhan’s popularity, everyone always watched each of his movements anyways. Clearly she didn’t care to be seen in this position, but Luhan started blushing, which was a rather rare sight, so she couldn’t pass it up.

“Oh, are you blushing? How cute!” She squealed.

“I-I’m not blushing.” He said with rosy cheeks as he frowned, trying to salvage something of his masculinity.

“Yes, you are actually.” A voice said all of a sudden.

The two turned their heads in the direction of the familiar voice and met the amused looks of Baekhyun, Kai and Sehun, who observed the position in which they were carefully.

“It's not what it seems.” The baby-faced boy hastened to say.

“I doubt it. Everything is quite clear. Why don’t you tell me you were dating her?! I thought we were friends!” Baekhyun said enthusiastically. That’s it, he was a passionate shipper of these two.

“What?! I'm not dating Miki, please! Not in a million years!” Luhan said dropping her suddenly, causing her to fall to the ground since she wasn’t holding herself with the necessary force, because she was confident that he wasn’t going to let her fall…she was wrong apparently.

“Ouch! Lulu!” She whined with a frown, looking up at him.

Actually he didn’t intend to let her fall. He hated girls, but he will never hurt them physically, so he felt bad for having dropped her thanks to his carelessness. But the guy wasn’t going to apologize anytime soon, it was not his style. This guy had a lot of pride really.

“Are you okay, Miki?” Sehun asked her as he helped her to stand up.

“I’m fine. Thank you, Sehun.” She said smiling gratefully.

He only replied with a sweet smile while patting her head, making her laugh childishly. Then the boy turned his head and glared at his friend. “Yah, be more careful.”

“Tch, I do what I want, maknae.” Luhan said crossing his arms like a spoiled brat. The three guys just shook their heads, a little amused by his childish side.

This was one of the reasons why they approved of Miki, because she was the only one who could get him out of his shell, the only one who managed to get him out of his comfort zone, the only one to irritated him in this manner. And that was the point. They knew him since they were kids and back then Luhan was a happy and cheerful child, but as they grew up and all of a sudden the said guy changed. And since then they never saw him truly happy or upset or frustrated or nervous ever again. Since then he didn’t show his emotions, always maintaining a poker face that said nothing about him. However since Miki appeared in the picture Luhan started to behave more humanely, gradually expressing his emotions, showing that he wasn’t a heartless robot but the opposite. And it was all thanks to her.

Not even Sehun could deny that fact. He knew she was crazy about his friend and although the latter didn’t intend to let her go for the time bein Sehun knew that sooner or later Luhan would give in to her, and when that happens Sehun would stay out of their way, accepting his defeat because he never had a chance with her in first place.

"Eh, Miki? Where is Sera?" Kai asked all of a sudden.

The guy had been trying to call her many times already, but his girl didn't want to hear his voice yet, so he didn't know how she was or what she was doing. He hoped that the girl in front of him could clarify his doubts. However, when she heard his voice Miki glared at him with narrowed eyes, pissed off with him already. Sera was still angry with Kai and Miki didn't know why, since her best friend didn't want to talk about it, not even with her.

"I don't know where she is, I'm not her mother, okay?" She said with a frown.

The boy started to play nerviously with his hands. Miki was so scary when she was angry. "Are you still angry with me? I didn't do anything, Miki. Just forget about that already."

She scoffed. "I don't care about what you say, I just care about your girlfriend. I don't care if what you are saying is indeed true or not, because the only thing I know is that Sera is having a bad time, she's sad and you are not doing anything to fix things. If you love her, go with her and tell her your feelings once and for all. Be a man and go find her. Don't be a coward anymore. Fight for the girl you love for crying out loud." She said folding her arms as she looked at him gently.

Not only Kai was stunned by her words, but the other three boys too, even Luhan, who minutes ago thought of her as a mere child. Miki had her moments and this was one of them.

"She's right, Kai. You are being a coward right now. Actually the only thing you've been doing till now is complain." Baekhyun said, agreeing with the girl.

"Yes, it is true. Oh my God, it's true!" The said boy exclaimed in realization.

Miki smiled kindly. "So?" She incited him.

"I'm going to her place right now! I don't care if she's not there, I just want to see her!" He said happily. "Thanks, Miki! You're a great girl, if Luhan doesn't want you I'm sure that another guy would be honored to have you." He said patting her head with a sincere smile.

She giggled and all of a sudden she didn't hate him anymore. "Just go, Kai." She said laughing cutely.

He nodded and without further delay he walked out of the school. When he left Miki let out a dreamy sigh. "That's so romantic!" She squaled as a little girl.

"I thought you said you hated Kai." Luhan said staring at her without emotion in his voice.

"Well, not anymore." She said with an innocent smile.

"Weird girl." He said amused, smiling ever so slightly.

His friends stared at him in shock, even Miki was with wide open in surprise. It was the first time Luhan smiled in front of these people, not even his friend had seen him smile, at least not in a very long time. The girl was staring at him with full adoration, his smile was beautiful and pure, so perfect...so precious. And since that moment her new goal was to make him smile again, it was a lovely view. But the best part of all is that she was the one who made him smile, just her. Maybe her dream wasn't that far away from her...maybe...just maybe...Luhan could see her as a girl one day. A girl that was capable to do anything for him.

"Lulu! You're so cute when you're smiling. Give me a hug!" She said extending her arms to embrace him. "Come here already." She whined when he saw him just standing there shocked and confused of what happened. Yes, he knew why his friends were looking at him like that. He smiled after a very long time without doing it. But that wasn't the most shocking part, but it was her who made him smile...her.

"Luhan? Are you okay?" She asked him when she noticed that he remained with a blank expression.

He looked at her. "I-I'm fine." He replied still dazed.

She smiled cutely. "Good. Now give me my hug, would you?" She whined approaching him still with her open arms.

Since she was short and small, he put a hand on her head to prevent her from coming any nearer, so she couldn't reach him. "Not even think about it."

"Luhan! Common! Don't be mean~"She said trying really hard to touch him.

"Tch, ert." He snorted. "Look at you, wanting to touch me so badly. ert." He repeated.

Baekhyun and Sehun were still looking the scene with shock, they really couldn't believe what happened seconds ago.

"I'm going to give up my masculinity to say this." Baekhyun announced with seriousness written all over his face. "They are so cute together! I ship!" He squealed like a teenage girl.

Sehun smiled sadly. "Yes, they are cute."


Hello my readers! First of all, thank you so much for your upvotes!!! >.< I can't believe it!!! And so many subscribers too!!!! THANK SO MUCH GOOD PEOPLE!!! It means so much to me! ^3^

Now, what about the chapter? Did you guys liked it? Did you hated it? >.< Please leave a comment, I love your comments really.

I don't have a lot to say about the chapter so that's it :)

If you like the story upvote and thanks for reading!!! ^O^