Chapter 4

HARDSHIPS : Trainee life.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sehun! That's not how you do it! You have to twist your left foot and then jump.” A blurry image of Saera in the practice room said to a sweaty Sehun.

 

“That's exactly what I did. Twist. Jump!” A frustrated Sehun cries out. He was exhausted.

 

“No. You didn't twist your foot before jumping. We need this to be perfect for the monthly evaluation. We can't afford to screw this up.”

 

“Look, Saera. This monthly evaluation doesn't decide whether or not you're debuting. Every month, the company does an evaluation on every trainee. And most of them get good feedbacks from the judges but, not all of them debuts. Just a month of slacking won't affect.” Sehun spoke as he looked deep into Saera’s eyes. His pupils moving, trying to read her.

 

“You're too hardworking.” He continues before slumping down on the practice room’s floor.

 

Saera jumped a bit when she heard voices behind the door. She stirred her head towards the wall clock. Looking around the practice room, she realized that she's now alone. The room is dim only with one lamp .

 

It was already two in the morning. The others must have gone home. Saera stood up and decided to dance for the last time that day before going home. Turning on her iPod, she put on an upbeat song. A very familiar song to her. And she's going to dance to it with a very familiar choreography.

 

Halfway through the dance, she was stopped by the brightness of the other lights that was just . She squinted her eyes to look at the person who was responsible for it. Keeping her gaze onto that one person, she quickly stopped the song and packed her stuffs to go home.

 

“You still remember it.” Sehun said almost whispering.

 

“I'm going home. Get out; I'm going to turn off the lights.” Saera said

 

Sehun kept his ground, not moving on Saera’s demand.

 

“Not moving? Fine. You turn off the lights.” Saera said and pushed Sehun out of the way before making her way to her new dorm that she shared with ten other trainees.

 

 

Saera breathe unevenly. Seeing Sehun after their fight at the back of the building brought back some old feelings. She missed him. Her best friend. Someone she can let out her feelings to and someone she wouldn't mind being unkempt in front of.

 

Who would have thought the two best friends could turn out like this. Saera knew she was the reason it happened yet she doesn't want to fix their relationship. She has distanced herself from him on her own will and she is not going to swallow her pride to apologize to him.

 

She thought it was reasonable. They are worlds apart. A famous dancer and singer and a trainee who can never debuts.

 

They had promised to be successful together but as years gone by after Sehun debuted, that promise just remains as promise.

 

Pulling out her keys from inside her bag, she pushed the correct one inside the keyhole. Push

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter