The Last Member...

Rejected

                                                       2dl2f091.gif

                "Sungmin…are you sure it's a good idea to bring him like that?" Siwon asked, ever a wet blanket. "I mean…he's kind of…"     

                "We're taking him like this." Sungmin sniffed. "I'm not about to have my career as a performer jeopardized by this entitled prat!"

                "But, I don't think it's actually legal to…" Siwon protested.

                "Siwon, no one here cares about the law." Sungmin rolled his eyes. "Now, either you're going to carry him, or Kangin is, so make your choice."

                "I'd rather not get involved in a kidnapping." Siwon said, looking down at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was stripped down to his boxers, and tied up with a gag around his mouth. "We're gonna get arrested."

                "This is not kidnapping, it's revenge." Sungmin answered. "Kangin—could you help me here?" Kangin took in the sight of the Kyuhyun, tied up and being pulled by his hair…and decided not to question anything.

                "Sure. Where do you want him?" He asked, slinging the unconscious boy over his shoulder.

                "Just put him in the van. We'll bring him to the company building that way." Sungmin gave a devilish smirk.

_________________________________________________________________________

               

                "Oh, hey." The boy said, and Siwon looked on in awe. What was this thing? The boy would maybe be normal-enough looking…if he wasn't wearing a cowboy hat, pink leopard print cargo pants, and a too-big T-shirt with a scary looking bloody skull on it. He was lounging in the practice room, gulping down ramen and cake.

                "Um…who are you?" Soo Man asked, "What are you doing in our practice room? This is for the new group that's debuting…did you not notice the sign?"

                "Oh, that." The boy grinned. "I'm a member of that band." He spoke in a strong accent from Gangwondo, and Siwon felt dread rise up in his stomach. No…it couldn't be…the last member?

                "What?! You?" Soo Man exclaimed.  "But you're…are you sure you're the last member?" He looked frantically at the paper. "What's your name?"

                "Kim Heechul." The boy answered. "It should be there on your records…but I don't see why you're making such a big fuss. Is it really that surprising to you that I'm a member?"

                "Um…" Siwon looked down at the boy. Yes. Yes it was. Because the kid was not only talking in a country accent, but also wearing a cowboy hat and pink leopard print pants. Who even did that?

                "But you-you're…normal. You look like a normal idol!" Soo Man exclaimed, and Siwon glared at him. What did that mean? That the rest of them were even stranger than this kid? "And you're pretty, and…how did you get put in this reject group?"

                Hey. That was offensive.

                "Oh, thanks." Heechul flipped his hair airily. He stood up, putting a hand on his hip and grinning. "But I'm sure you'll find that I'm not quite as normal and commonplace as you're thinking. I'm a kind of extraordinary." Heechul looked over the group. "And you guys are..?"

                "I'm Choi Siwon." Siwon smiled, bowing politely. "A pleasure to meet you."

                "Oh, cool. Nice to meet ya, too, I guess." Heechul scanned the group. "But…which ones of these guys are gonna be in my group?"

                "Actually, all of them." Soo Man clarified. "They're trying something new with this group. It's gonna be a thirteen member boy band, which is a lot bigger than usual, but we're hoping it will also affect the popularity and make it an even more popular group."

                "Oh, okay." Heechul nodded. "But you said thirteen. Including me, there are only twelve here. Unless you're an idol?"

                "No, I'm the producer, actually. I'll be managing you guys short term, just until we can find another guy to fill the position."

                "But, anyways, we're short one. Who's the last guy? Did he bail or something?" Heechul asked, curious.

                "No…we…couldn't find him. We'd gotten the wrong address, so…" Soo Man fumbled for the right words. "But I'm sure we'll find him. His phone isn't currently working, but when it does, we'll…"

                "What's his name?"

                "Huh? Oh. Hankyung." Heechul's eyes brightened. He grinned, automatically going over to his bag and pulling things out.

                "I know him!" Heechul exclaimed. "And I've got his address. Wow, this is so awesome. He's actually kind of a cool guy. We're like, best friends. But anyways, if you want, I'll find him. I've got his address right here."

                "Wow, would you really do that for us?" Soo Man asked, relieved. "We've been chasing down idols all day long, so if you could, that would be…"

                "No, I'm totally cool. You don't even need to come with, I'm fine by myself." Heechul smiled winningly, throwing his backpack on. "Just stay here, relax, get situated. I'll be back in a couple hours."

                With that, he was off. He quickly made his way down the steps and out the door, before anyone could stop him. Siwon looked on. Weird. The guy offered himself way too quickly. He looked at Soo Man, waiting for him to catch on to the fishiness of this 'Heechul' character.

                Instead, Soo Man only grinned. "That…" He said, looking at the group. "…Is a true idol."

___________________________________________

                Heechul waited until she was out of sight from the company building until she jumped up, punching the air with all her force. "YES!" She cheered. "This is it. I'm going to seriously get my revenge!" She spun, dancing around lightly.

                She looked down at the map, studying it once more, taking in where she'd marked his address, and also where the entertainment company was located. It looked like it was pretty simple to find. She'd marked it when she'd arrived in Seoul.  She'd not been able to stop thinking about him—how he'd scammed her with the stupid interest scheme, called he a hobo, and made her feel awful. She'd considered tracking him down, and giving him a piece of her mind, but had eventually decided that it wouldn't work out. She'd have to carve out some time after she'd already gotten everything settled with the entertainment company.

                But that the kid was going to be in the same band as her…genius. She'd be able to make his life a living hell, getting revenge every day, instead of just one hurried time between schedules. And now, she'd be able to see him again, and convince him to join the band. Maybe she'd use the opportunity to blackmail him or something. She grinned as the ideas churned in her mind.

                This was going to be good.

______________________________________

 

                Well, it would definitely be good. That is, if she could find out where exactly she was. It was fine when she had the map, but then she turned down some sort of unfamiliar road, and it had all gotten confused. She been stopped, studying the map, trying to make sense of it when suddenly, an ill-timed gust of wind knocked it from her hand. She scrambled to grab it again, but the wind dragged it just out of her reach. She made a leap for it, but yet again it danced from her grasp.

                Soon, she was chasing it from street to street, frustrated as it seemed just as she almost had it, it would drift cheerfully from her hands. Finally, just as she was once again about to grab it, it floated off the side of a bridge, and landed delicately in the river.

                "Nooo!" She cried as she watched the current take it away. She sat on the bridge discouraged, and more than a little lost. "Now what am I gonna do?"

                Not one to mope, though, she quickly stood up. "Whatever. Who needs a map, anyways? I can find my way without any stupid map's help!" With that, she made a sharp right, and started to walk in whatever direction she felt like.

___________________________________________

                Hankyung followed safely behind Heechul. He'd honestly not planned to stalk the girl. Really, he'd just been minding his own business, and carrying out his family business, selling some illegal weaponry on the black market. Just as he'd closed the deal, though, and was shoving the money into his pockets, satisfied he'd scammed his buyers into vastly overpaying, he'd seen her.

                She was just walking, uncaring, hands in her pockets, and headphones covering her ears. Nothing out of the usual. But…why was she prancing around nonchalantly through the red light district? Intrigued, Hankyung took to following her.

                She seemed completely oblivious to his presence, humming to herself as if she wasn't walking down the most dangerous streets Seoul had to offer. Hankyung cringed as he noticed some large, tattooed men take an interest in her, and begin to walk up to her. Hankyung quickly pulled a pocket knife from his sleeve, throwing it in their direction.

                It punctured the larger one's arm, and he cried in pain and anger, eyes darting around to see who'd done it. When his eyes found Hankyung's, though, they widened in fear, and he began to shake.

                "This is my prey." Hankyung murmured, looking straight at the man, then cast his gaze around the rest of the district. "Do not mess with her if you do not want to lose a hand."

                The man gulped, and Hankyung saw the rest of the people shifting around nervously. There. Heechul would be safe, at least until he could get her out of there. He looked at her, worried she might have noticed what had happened.

                But she was simply stopped, looking through narrowed eyes at one of the shop signs. She opened up some sort of book, then looked at the sign again. Shrugging her shoulders, she spun on her heel, turning into an abandoned alleyway.

                That little moron. Hankyung thought, following her more closely. How was she planning on living, walking such dangerous streets? He pulled a knife out from where he'd concealed it, close to his ankle. He'd have to be careful, here. It was dark enough that a mugger or kidnapper would likely not see his face, and therefore might even stupidly try to fight him. He watched the shadows carefully, trying to make out if there was anyone hidden in them.

                "Hakuna Matata. What a wonderful phrase! Hakuna Matata! Ain't no passing craze! It eans no worries, for the rest of your days. It's a problem free, philosophy…"

                Hankyung nearly tripped over himself. Was she just completely unawaure of the danger she was in? She was in the red light district, at night, in a creepy alleyway, and singing. What was going through her head? Was she trying to get kidnapped, or , or killed? Because it looked like it.

                As if on cue, three men stepped out of the shadows, surrounding her.

                Hankyung cursed.

"Hey, gorgeous. What are you doing in these parts? Did you lose your mommy?" One sneered. Heechul spun around, fear written obviously across her features.

                Well, now she's getting it. Hankyung thought.

                "Who are you?!" Heechul demanded of the men. The men just sneered at her, undressing her with their eyes. Hankyung growled. Garbage. To look at a woman in such a way...it was completely uncivilized.

                "Nobody important. But if you want, you could call me 'Oppa'…because that's what I'm going to…" He didn't finish, because Heechul kicked him in the groin with all her strength. He fell to the ground, clutching himself.

                She took the opportunity to start to run, but one of the goons caught her, pushing her onto the ground. She fought back, legs and arms flying, but he held her down all the same. She let out a loud shriek, beginning to spit and curse, insulting them in all sorts of creative ways.

                "You son of a three-tentacled squid! You ert! Are you literally so ugly and depraved and alone that you're resulting to this? What? Couldn't find any willing girls? es didn't accept your money, you disgusted them so much? So you had to resort to this? Well, go to hell! I don't want this, either! I don't know if you've noticed, but you look like a cross between Voldemort and an orangutan! You depraved, psychopath, erted—" Hankyung laughed. Even when she was about to be killed, she was flinging around insults. The man holding her down smashed her head into the pavement, and brought back a fist to punch her.

                "Stop there. I think she's had enough." Hankyung decided that was the best moment to make himself known. Actually, he'd not wanted Heechul to even know he was there, but since there was no other way…"Now, get off her, and find someone else to torment."

                Well, that sounded incredibly cheesy, even to his own ears. "She's mine." He cringed. It sounded like he was from some sort of dramatic, old school hero movie.

                "Oh really? Did you claim her, or something? Does that mean she's yours?" The head goon laughed, striding up to Hankyung. "Look, kid, go back home to your mom, and let the big kids have our fun."

                Hankyung didn't hesitate. He grabbed the man's arm, pulling it behind him and twisting it until it snapped. The man screamed, falling to the ground, hard. Hankyung made sure to give him a good kick to the diaphragm before he walked over him, moving on the the next goons. He grabbed the one that held Heechul by the neck, immobilizing him, and smashing his head into the wall repeatedly.

                "Haven't you ever—" He accentuated his words by smashing the man's face in. "heard—that it's  not—polite—to abuse—a girl? Are—you—f**king—retarded—you—f**king—son of a—b*tch!" The man had long since lost consciousness, so when Hankyung was done with him, he fell limply to the ground. Hankyung spun around to the last guy, who promptly wet himself in fear.

                Hankyung backslapped the guy with every ounce of his strength. "That's—"He grabbed the man by the neck, slapping him again. "F**king—disgusting!" He punched the man in the nose. "Are you—not—f**king potty trained?" He slammed the man onto the ground, kicking him until he lost consciousness. The deed done, he smiled to himself. He'd been pretty cool. Sure, it was incredibly cheesy—which was something he hated more than anything—but he'd saved Heechul's life, and looked like a f**king superhero doing it. He looked back at Heechul, grin filling his features. And his grin quickly fell from his features. Heechul was unconscious.

                That means she hadn't seen any of it.

                He scowled, kicking the goon once more in frustration. Well, there went his hero moment. He grabbed Heechul, unceremoniously throwing her onto his back.

                Well this is just f**king perfect.

_____________________________________

 

                Heechul opened her eyes, taking in the new environment. She was lying on a bed, wearing a nightdress. The bed was comfortable, with gold-embroidered bed sheets. She sat up, taking in the details of the room. It was a nice, Japanese (or Chinese? She always got the two mixed up) themed, with a rich cherry-wood floor, and matching furniture. The walls were white, without spot. The door stood at the other side of the room, all cherry wood and thin paper panels.

               Where am I? she wondered, trying to remember how she'd gotten here. She remembered wandering around, lost, on the streets of Seoul. She'd turned down a street…and there had been men…they'd tried to—she took a deep breath, face turning as the walls at the memory.

                Had they…? But no, she'd remembered hearing a voice, before she'd passed out. Some lone hero had stopped the bad guys. She didn't remember much, just his last words. Stop, get off her. Find someone else to torment… She smiled at the memory, holding her cheeks as she blushed. She's mine…

                Of course. Some rich, handsome, heroic stranger had seen her gorgeous face, and graceful demeanor, and immediately fallen in love. He'd chased off the bad guys, and brought her to his home. She smiled to herself, imagining the scene. Of course. Kim Heechul was just too irresistible. One day in Seoul, and already she had a rich, perfect suitor. But this wasn't good. She was supposed to be a guy. For the idol thing. She thought about it.

                The poor man. She'd have to reject him. How sad. There went her perfect suitor. But—no—wait. What if he said… "It doesn't matter if you're a man, or an alien, I will always love you!" Heechul doubled over, excited little squeals leaving . Her hands flailed around and she imagined her perfect fairytale romance.

                "Are you f**king retarded?" the voice aroused her from her fantasies, and she sat up straight, looking in the direction of the voice.

                There stood Hankyung, leaning lazily in the doorway. He was in his pajamas—a pair of grey sweats coupled with a black wife beater. His hair was sticking up in a ridiculous mop of a bedhead, but his arrogant, bored face seemed to manage to take away the ridiculousness of it. He looked at Heechul judgingly, one eyebrow raised. "Well? Are you going to answer me? Are you retarded, or what?"

                "Um, no! I was just…uh…sleep-talking?" Heechul finished lamely. How was she supposed to explain the little outburst? Anyway you looked at it, it was going to be embarrassing. Heechul really just wanted to disappear from embarrassment. She'd been planning on finding Hankyung when she was in the superior position. Not when she was…like this.

                "Psh, whatever. I'm not even gonna ask." Hankyung rolled his eyes, making his way to the bed. "I'm not even that surprised at this point, honestly."

                "No, seriously—I don't usually do stuff like—"

                "No, don't worry about your little idiotic display. To be honest, that's the least of my worries. You can squeal to yourself in your bed all day long for all I care. But, please, explain one thing to me." His voice was deceptively soft. He brought his face close to Heechul's hands resting on either side of her. "What the f**k were you thinking, prancing through the f**king red light district in the middle of the night?!" His soft voice turned icy in one second, and his hands gripped the sheets dangerously. Something told Heechul that he probably would like to be gripping her neck, instead.

                "Huh? I never went into the red light district!" Heechul argued, and Hankyung stood up, pacing angrily.

                "You're an idiot." He rubbed his face. "A complete idiot."

                "I'm not!"

                "How can you be anything but an idiot, when you don't even realize when you're on the most dangerous streets of Korea? Are you f**king ***** **** **** ***" His sentence quickly fell into unintelligible sounds and curses, as he lost it.

                "Well, sorry, I'm not exactly from here! It's literally my second time in the city!" Heechul argued. "And you? What's your excuse? Why were you there?"

               "To save your sorry a$$!" Hankyung bellowed, and Heechul was taken aback. "If I hadn't been there, you'd be dead, and worse! Those guys would've had their way with you, and sold your organs after, to get some pocket cash!"

                "Oh." Heechul blinked, shocked. So it hadn't been a heroic prince that had saved her, but Hankyung. The irritating guy that swindled her, and was now cursing her out. Well, that was disappointing. "Well, thanks for saving me, I guess." Really, Heechul would've liked to tell the kid off, but he had kind of saved Heechul's life, so Heechul would turn a blind eye. This once.

                The effect was immediate. Hankyung instantly calmed, going from raging, and almost throwing furniture, to completely calm and at peace with himself and the world.

                "You're welcome." He cocked his head up, grinning at Heechul. "it's a shame you're such a pansy and passed out before you could see anything. It was a pretty epic battle."

                "Oh, yeah, because watching dumb and dumber beating each other's last remaining brains out gets me all hot and bothered." Heechul rolled her eyes. She was officially Not Impressed by Hankyung's manly posturing.

                Hankyung's eyebrow twitched. "Well, whatever. It's better than being a useless princess that can't even defend herself."

                "Sorry I have better things to do with my time than use steroids and karate chop blocks like some sort of senseless animal." Heechul remained unimpressed.

                "Well, maybe if you had practiced karate chopping blocks, you wouldn't have fainted like a useless—"

                "Was there anything useful you were going to say, or did you just come in here to insult me?" Heechul interrupted. "Because, if you have to know, I have better things to do than listen to you chatter on like a deranged squirrel. I have a job, you know."

                "Oh really? Someone as crazy enough to hire someone like you?"

                "Yeah. SM entertainment. You know, the one you didn't get in? Yup. Looks like I did get in." Heechul smirked, self-satisfied.

                "FYI, I did get in, I just didn't feel like reducing myself to myself away to the camera, so I rejected it." Hankyung retorted, "It seems like I do still have some pride left in me, unlike some people."

                "Oh yeah, about that," Heechul changed the subject easily, ignoring the insult. "so, I actually wanted to talk about that. You did get in…and it's in my group. So, I came to convince you to unreject the offer."

                "What? How can I be in your group? You're a girl. I'm a guy. Are they doing that, now? Mixing girlbands and boybands?"

                "Psh. I'm a guy." Heechul answered, making her voice an octave lower. "Isn't it obvious?"

                "Ha. Ha. Very funny. The f**k you're a guy."

                "No, seriously, I am!"

               "I f**king changed your d**n clothes last night. I've seen pretty f**king close that's not true." Hankyung answered, and Heechul let out a choked sound, holding herself, scandalized look on her face. "Don't worry. I didn't see anything exciting. Really, you're either undeveloped, or seriously—" Heechul slapped him, cutting him off. His head shot back, giving her a betrayed look.

                "Don't say stuff like that!"

                "Well, it's true."

                "Well, if it's true or not, I don’t want to hear it! Besides, just one look at you, and you can see that you're probably even less developed than I am."

                "Oh shut up. You've never even seen it, so you can't make assumptions." Hankyung rolled his eyes. "But, returning to the subject. Why are you saying you are a boy?"

                "Because it's a secret, okay? That I'm a girl." Heechul admitted, grabbing her hair in frustration.

                "Well, it's not a very well-kept secret. One look, and anyone would know you were a girl." Hankyung answered. "Boys just don't get that pretty."

                Heechul opened , and closed it again. Hankyung blinked, and then widened his eyes in realization of what he'd just said.        

                "No, I mean…don't get a big head. You should know that my girlfriend is much prettier than you are, and also not underdeveloped in the least."

                "Oh, shut up." Heechul pouted, before an idea struck her. "But I've already seen her, so I can't disagree."

                "You've seen her?" Hankyung's eyebrows furrowed. "When?"

                "We're actually quite good friends." Heechul shrugged, hoping it wasn't obvious she was lying through her teeth. "I bet she'll be just devastated when I tell her that you rejected the idol position. She was so excited about you being an idol."

                "You wouldn't." Hankyung narrowed his eyes.

                "Oh, I would." Heechul smiled back devilishly. "but I'm sure she wouldn’t so devastated, if you'd just accept the generous offer."

                "I'm not accepting it. I'll explain it to her. She'll understand."

                "Well, if you're so confident." Heechul shrugged. "I won't get in the middle of it. But, could I at least use your phone?"

                "For what?"

                "Well, if you're not going to join the band, there's no reason for me to stay here any longer. So I'm gonna just call my ride, and go home."

                "Are you sure?" Hankyung asked, surprising Heechul. She was sure he'd veritably kick her out of the place as fast as he could. "You don't want to at least stay for breakfast?"

                "Um, no. That's good. I actually really should get back. They're probably pretty worried about me." Heechul answered.

                "Okay. That makes sense." Hankyung answered, giving up the phone. "Call them, but I'll give you some breakfast to go. It's depressing seeing your starved, unhealthy, underdeveloped body."

                "Go die in a hole." Heechul shot back, taking the phone from him.

                Now, She thought. Which one of these is his girlfriend? She tried to remember how he'd called her in the phone conversation she'd overheard the first time she'd met Hankyung. It was Baby? Or Something? She looked at his contacts. Three total contacts.

                Wow. That made it easier. He looked at the three contacts. Mother, Witch, Hobo <3. Well, that was weird. Who on earth was the hobo with a heart?? I called that one first, but it went straight to the machine. Disappointing. Looked like Heechul'd never know. The next one she tried was the Witch. It was a stretch to think it would be his girlfriend, but maybe it would be his future mother in law or something.

                "Oh! Jagi-ya? Why are you calling me?" Heechul blinked in surprise.

                "Umm…is this Hankyung-ssi's girlfriend?" She asked, doubtful. Te voice turned from honey sweet to icy cold in three seconds.

                "Yes, this is his fiancée. Who are you?" Heechul winced at the abrupt change in tone. She tried lowing her voice a little, make it sound like a boy.

                "I'm Choi Siwon. I'm actually one of the members of his band." Heechul remembered the name of the kid from the band. There was no way she was giving her real name. She did not want this to be pegged back to her.

                "Huh? What do you mean, his band?"

                "Well, you know. The boyband. SM entertainment. Did he not tell you?"

                "No, what did he not tell me?" she demanded.

                "Wow. I can't believe he didn't say anything. Maybe he wanted to make it a surprise or something? But, anyways, he was offered a position in SM's new up and coming boyband. We'll be debuting in a couple weeks." Heechul pulled the phone away from her ear as Hankyung's girlfriend started to scream wildly. Well, that was uncalled for.

                "What?! That's so amazing! Wow!" She repeated over and over again, and Heechul rolled her eyes.

                "Oh, but I guess it was probably a surprise or something…so don't tell him I called or anything."

                "Don't worry! But, Kyahhh!! It's like all my dreams are coming true!!" she screamed again, and Heechul took the opportunity to hang up the phone.

                There. She thought, I hope that works.

___________________________________________

                Hankyung showed up the next day, with murder in his eyes. "This is your fault" He growled at Heechul, and Heechul just smirked back.

                "What?" She answered innocently, and Hankyung made a frustrated sound in the back of his throat, before storming off.

                "He is so whipped." She smiled after him, keeping a mental tally. Well, Hankyung had had the upper hand a couple times. She could fairly give him one point for making her pay him 24 dollars, another for saving her life and then insulting her about it. Another point would go to finding out her secret.

                But this time, it was her turn. Hankyung-3, Heechul-1…1 and gaining on him.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

and...Hankyung officially joins the band! Yay!

I think I just really like this kind of Hankyung that's completely opposite of "our" Hankyung that we know...the quiet, passive Hankyung. We'll see some of that side later, but for now, I love gangster Hankyung!

So, now the band is all together--and the real fun can start! Yes!

I love your comments. I think everytime I go on the internet, I literally go to this site first, just to read your comments. I love you guys so much! thanks for supporting my story!