Calling them In

Rejected

So this is a short chapter....

Just to clear up some stuff. Heechul is gonna be a girl in this story....not because I have anything against slash, QUITE the contrary. but it'll be a plot tool here.

There are gonna be some times when the story doesn't actually match up with real history but that's why it's fanFICTION...not fan fact.

Also....even though I'm dissing SuJu a lot so far...I actually love them and all their craziness.

so, tschau! Enjoy the fic!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Soo Man looked at the five boys in front of him, remembering the words of Hu Da Shin with dread. All or nothing. Or the thirteen became famous together, or they fell together. There would be no middle ground. Hu Da shin had made it clear in a rather pressure filled phone call later that there could not be any cuts made to the too-large group. No one of the members was allowed to quit, and no one of the members was allowed to be cut from the team.

This wouldn't have been so difficult if the thirteen of them had actually reacted like normal idol wannabes. But Soo Man had quickly realized that the majority of this group wasn't normal. Normal kids got excited when they found out they'd passed the auditions. Heck, a majority of them broke down crying to know that they'd finally reached their dreams. Others cheered, laughed hysterically. A few stayed calm until the moment the phone was away, and then did a little, personal dance party.

Soo Man was all too familiar with these reactions. What he wasn't familiar with were the reactions of these boys. The first one he'd called was the one that was to be the leader of the group.

"What? Are you sure you want someone so mediocre in your newest band? I'm sorry. I'll have to decline. I just have such a sensitive disposition, I don't know if my mediocre little self could take something like being in a famous boy band. I think I'm going to choose another career path to take."

Well, that was…weird. So, he'd called the next one.

"What the—Are you freaking kidding me? I literally spent like a full week living on the streets like a homeless person, because you didn't have the decency to accept me into that stupid girl band, and I didn't have any money to get back. And I FINALLY scrounge up the money, and get home AND NOW YOU WANT ME TO GO BACK?! Oh, no. Sorry, but I'm not your little doggy that comes whenever you call. I'm done with this mess. You can count me out. Jerk wad."

Soo Man thought that these feelings were actually kind of natural. If he was in the boy's place, he'd feel kind of angry as well.

But why on earth had a boy tried out for a girl band position?

Thinking of this, the next prospective member got him worried.

"I'm sorry, but it's against my principles to support a company that discriminates against us gays. Really, it's the 21st century. Bigotry and prejudice really shouldn't exist in such a prominent company. It's a shame that it does."

Us gays? What the—what sort of members was Hu Da Shin giving him?

"Sorry. I actually don't really think the whole 'idol' thing is really my style. I'm actually thinking about going into police work." The next trainee, Kangin, turned him down cold. "Really. The whole idol thing is a little girly and gay, don't you think? I don't think it's really for me."

"What, wasn't I too fat for you?" Shindong was scathing in his remarks. "I'd always thought talent was more important than shallow stuff like that, but you guys proved me wrong. Congrats. Now, don't worry. You can rela, because you can be sure I'm never gonna be in any of your little boy bands."

"Oh, sorry. But I'm just not interested. I got into a good college, so I'm not all that interested anymore." Kibum also turned him down. "I'm going into accounting. I think that's just a more realistic career path."

What? Who turned down fame to get into accounting? How boring did a person have to be to make that choice?

"Yeah, I'll do it." Kyuhyun answered lazily, making Soo Man's heart soar. Finally! "But I have some requirements first. I want unlimited food. Then I also want to be the leader of the band. And everyone has to do anything I ask. Without exceptions. I also want a yacht. And that girly bunny trainee that was there when I went."

"What?"

"You know, that kid that looked like a cute bunny. I want him to be my slave. That shouldn't be too hard, should it? I mean, he's just a trainee."

….Soo Man hung up the phone. This kid was nuts.

He sighed, calling the next one.

"Go F**k yourself. I don't f**king want to." The kid said, hanging up in his face. Soo Man looked at the file of the kid he'd call. Hankyung….this kid was gonna pay, later.

 

In the end, just five of the thirteen accepted. At least they were handsome, he thought as he surveyed the group. The five of them were sitting in various positions, looking at one another in wonder. Soo Man smirked lightly, thinking of something. Probably, these idols thought they were the new group. That this was all there was to the new band. After all, that made sense. The majority of boy bands were four to five members. There was no way for these kids to know that there were eight more members missing.

"So, hello there, group. My name is Lee Soo Man. I will be your producer…and manager, until we get some more details worked out. But it's nice to meet you, I've been in this business for quite a few years now, so you can just trust in my skills, and I'm sure we'll have a lot of success together. Now, I want you to introduce yourself by telling me your name, your specialty, what you like, what your dream is, and…well, that's enough, isn't it? So, your name, your specialty, what you like, and your dream. Oh. And how old you are. All right. That's fine. You can start, over there on the end."

"HI THERE!!" The kid gave a giant smile, waving ecstatically at everyone in the room. "My name is Donghae! I'm 19, and I specialize in dancing! I like fish and aliens, and my dream is to one day go into space! Or to go snorkeling. I'm not sure which, yet."

"I'm Siwon. I am 19 as well." The next one introduced himself formally. "My specialty is my singing, I suppose, but I can dance as well. I like to go to my church and truly be able to help others. And my dream is to be a famous singer and dancer."

"I'm Ryeowook." The next was tiny and timid, looking at the floor and his shirt. "I'm 18. My specialty is…I don't know…I think…my voice? Maybe? I like to sing. My dream is…I don't know…I haven't thought that much about it yet. I think it's maybe to help those around me to find happiness."

"I'm Eunhyuk." The next bowed awkwardly at everyone. "I'm also 19. I specialize in dancing and rapping. I like strawberries and comics. My dream is to be famous!"

"I'm Yesung. I'm 21. My specialty is my amazing talent with the kazoo. I like turtles. No. I love them. They're the best thing that was ever created. My dream is to one day be one."

…..

Lee Soo Man buried his face in his hands. This was the worst. He had with his a spazz, a timid little guy, a church freak, an awkward kid, and a creepy turtle lover.

He hoped that some of the other ones, that had rejected him, were better, but he couldn't say he had all that much hope.

"So, actually. I need to tell you guys something. Right now, we actually need to go on a special trip together. You see, you aren't the only members of your band. There are a couple other members, just that they need just a little…convincing…to join. So we're gonna find them and convince them. Are you guys cool with that?"

"Yeah!" Donghae exclaimed. "This is cool! Like an anime or something!"

Soo Man closed his eyes, trying not to let his annoyance show. "All right. Get in the van, then."

"Who are we going to?" Ryeowook asked timidly.

"Well, I guess first we'd better get your leader."