Shame

Rejected

8460fb670d44d0_large.giftumblr_inline_nqxfo7R7dB1rejokh_500.giftumblr_m4fcmoVeJA1r6ri65.gif

                "So, how long have you guys been together?" Sungmin asked, voice bubbly and excited. Leeteuk blushed, mortified. The entire car looked at Kangin and Leeteuk.

                "You guys are dating?" Soo Man was the first to ask. "Well, you could've said so…I guess it makes sense, after all. I mean, no wonder you managed to convince him so fast."

                "Um, yeah." Leeteuk agreed, mortified. He'd agreed to be Kangin's fake boyfriend for the sake of Sungmin, sure. But…he hadn't expected everybody else to know about it.

                "But Kangin-hyung doesn't look gay at all!" Donghae exclaimed, and everyone made noises of agreement.

                "Yeah, I mean, he's so manly and tough." Ryeowook added. "I'd never think he was…"

                "Yeah, no one would think Kangin was gay." Eunhyuk agreed. "He just doesn't look it at all."

                Leeteuk felt his face burning, as he began to get angry at all of the comments. "And what about me? Did I look gay, or something?" he challenged, and was met with a hesitant silence.

                "Well, yeah." Eunhyuk finally answered. "You kinda do."

                "I mean, it's not like you're really the most manly individual." Donghae added, and Leeteuk felt like their words were stabbing like knives into him. Kangin, thankfully, noticed, and wrapped a free arm around Leeteuk's shoulder, rubbing it gently.

                "All right, that's enough, guys. You made your point." He gently guided Leeteuk's head onto his arm, and Leeteuk flinched at first, but quickly accepted the welcome comfort. "Anyways. Answering Sungmin's question, we've been going out for a while now, almost a year and a half. We got together a little after I became a trainee."

                "Wow…that's a long time." Sungmin sighed dreamily. "I want a perfect romance like that someday, too." He glanced not-so-secretively at Siwon.

                "This is against my morals." Siwon said flatly. "Being gay just isn't natural."

                Finally someone sane! Leeteuk thought. He'd been a little in the twilight zone with the general acceptance of their relationship by the band, so Siwon's unacceptance was like a breath of fresh air.

                "What the—what a closed minded, bigoted thing to say." Sungmin frowned. "No one's even doing anything to you, so just keep your opinions to yourself."

                "Yeah." Eunhyuk agreed. "I mean, I'm not gay either, but you don't have to insult people."

                "Siwon." Soo Man called from the front. "I understand your point of view and all that, but you're gonna have to get over your biases. Because one of the things that brings bands to the top in this day in age is fanservice. And in this band, it's going to need a LOT of fanservice to make you popular. So, before you debut, I'm already going to pair you guys off into couples and you're gonna have do a lot of skinship with your guy."

                "What?!" Siwon blanched. "Never! I'm not gay!"

                "I'm not saying you are. Nor that you should claim to be. But fanservice is just a necessary part of being in a boy band. Don't worry, though. I'll try pairing you off with someone relatively normal."

               "You guys have no shame!" Siwon cried mutinously.

___________________________

 

                "Yeah, I'll join." Shindong agreed right off the bat. "I was just kind of mad when they called the first time, but I'm cool now. Woot. Let's get famous, gang!"

____________________________

 

               Heechul sat in the room with Hu Da Shin, arms crossed, and face closed off. Hu Da Shin, on the other hand was calm, seeming relatively pleased with himself.

                "What do you mean I'm gonna be part of a boyband?" Heechul asked. "I think there must be some sort of mistake, because I'm obviously a few parts short of being a guy."

                "I know that." Hu Da Shin answered calmly. "That's why they have things called lies."

                "What?"

                "I'm telling you that you're going to disguise yourself as a boy…did that not seem to enter into your brain?"

                "I'm not going to pretend anything! If it's like this, I don't want to become famous!" Heechul complained. "How am I ever gonna get married, if everyone thinks I'm a guy? And if people find out I was faking it? My career is over. And how can I even keep something like that a secret? I mean, just looking at me, it's obvious that I'm a woman. I'm not exactly the manly type. Not to mention, what if all my band members end up falling in love with me because of my beautiful face and unique personality? There'll be scandals out the wazoo."

                "Okay, just stop thinking for a second." Hu Da Shin sighed. Actually, the public finding out was one of his secret weapons that he would use to make the band fail. But he wasn't about to tell Heechul that. "First of all, the company will take care of all the details surrounding your disguise. That's not going to be a problem. Don't worry about people finding out. Don't worry about your bandmates, either. They will not know of your identity as a woman, so I'm sure, with your cooperation, there will be no scandals. And after you retire from the show business, it will be more than easy for you to find a mate…but even if you were entering into a girlband at the moment, it would be understood that you would not date or marry anyone until after you retired…scandals like this are not welcome in our company."

                "But—" Heechul fumed. "I'm just not doing it. This is a ridiculous idea."

                "I'll double your pay." Hu Da Shin said, and Heechul shut up. "Yes, you didn't think you wouldn't get some benefits in this deal? Of course not. You will, in fact, have a higher pay. On top of that, your parents will receive a monthly pay for their silence and cooperation. What do you think? It's quite a considerable amount of money…you might want to think twice about rejecting our generous offer."

                "Whoa. This is a different story. How much money are we talking, here?" Heechul was suddenly very interested.

                "I don't know…what I want to know is if you will accept or reject my offer."

                "I don't know…I don't feel too good about this thing."

                "Fine, I'll give you some time to think about it. But…every second you wait, I'll take another 2% of your future salary off. One…two…"

                "I'll do it! I'll do it!"

                "It doesn't count until you've signed the paper. Five…six…"

                "I'm signing it, I'm signing it." Heechul made a mad dash, quickly scanned the document until she found her salary, gasped, and signed the paper in one second flat. Hu Da Shin smirked. Humans were so easy to manipulate.

                "Fine, then. I'm sure you'll understand why I'll hand you over directly to styling. It's time for you to get a new image."

__________________________________

 

                "I'm not sure…" Kibum said, looking at the boyband dubiously. They'd all gone out of the car this time, to convince him. Soo Man stayed in the car, watching on nervously.

                Kibum looked over the group of boys dubiously. He didn't know any of them personally, and frankly didn't want to that much. There was a gay couple, a girlish bunny, a weird turtle freak, a clumsy monkey, some ripped guy holding a bible, a fat kid, a shy kid in the back, and…some kid that, by deduction, probably also had serious mental problems. Even if he hadn't shown anything yet.

                In short, he had his doubts about joining this group. On top of already having chosen a different career path, he wasn't sure he wanted to get lumped into the weirdo pack.

                "Please!" One of the members begged. He was the only normal one, it looked like. He was a cute, innocent boy with a narrow face and sparkling eyes. "We need you! Our group won't be the same without you!"

                "If you ask me, the group is already too big as it is." Kibum answered, counting the members of the group. "There's…nine of you. That’s already a huge boyband…why do you need a tenth?"

                "Because it's all or nothing." One of the guys from the gay couple, the girlier one, explained. "We need all of the members, or none will be able to debut…besides, I don’t know why you would say no. This is an opportunity to have a job that pays a considerably large salary, makes you famous, gives you the opportunity to meet girls, and finally…do something you love. There isn't really a down side."

                "Still…I don't know…I don't feel like I really fit in with this kind of…" He trailed off when Donghae took held onto his hands, looking at him with pleading eyes.

                "PLEASE! Please help us! Please, you don't even need to stay in the group that long. We just need you to debut, pleasepleaseplease."

                "Okay, fine. But I'm not going to stay in this thing….if you really want my help, I'll help you guys…but I don't actually plan on being an idol my whole life…after a year or so, I'll walk out. Are you guys okay with that?"

                "Yeah!" They all agreed desperately. We'll just cross that bridge when we come to it…and besides, after he joins, he'll probably like it so much that he'll never quit. The thought rang through all of their heads.

                "Fine, then. But I'm not doing anything stupid or weird to ruin my image…I'm just saying this right off the bat."

________________________________

               

                "Have I ever had shame? Like, ever?" Heechul asked herself, examining herself in the mirror. She already knew the answer. Not even for one second. Ever since she was a child on the playground, it was well known that she'd do anything for money.

                "Hey, Heechul! If you eat a worm, I'll give you five whole dollars!" The worm had been eaten quickly and without much ceremony.

                "Heechul-ssi! If you go on a date with me, I'll give you twenty bucks!" Heechul's only response was: "Make that thirty. You're uglier than you think."

                "Heechul, if you help me cheat on my test, I'll give you ten bucks."

                "Heechul, if you slap Dara's conceited face, I'll give you fifty bucks."

                Heechul didn't even hesitate.

                As she looked into the mirror, though, she felt that she'd reached a new low. Her hair was short, the longest layers reaching a little short of her shoulders. Never before had she let her hair get cut shorter than mid-back. Her chest, which hadn't been that large to start with, was taped down so that not even the slightest shape of them showed. Baggy pants covered her womanly legs, and that was all she needed to look the part of an idol boy.

                 "This is pathetic." She murmured. "I'd thought it would've been a lot harder to make me look like a guy." She was not all that happy about how easy the disguise came to her. She was supposed to be the gorgeous Kim Heechul that all the guys loved and worshipped. Not the boy-like, ugly Heechul that only needed a haircut and new clothes to convince everyone she was a guy.

                She took off down the hall, noticing with pleasure that the girls stopped to stare at her, cheeks turning red. Well, at least if she was gonna be a guy, she'd be a y one. She winked at one of the girls in the hall, pleased when the girl almost turned into a pile of goo right there.

                She could probably get used to this.

________________________________________

 

                "I'm sorry, that number doesn't exist on this street. I think you might have the wrong address." Soo Man felt his heart sink as he looked at the rest of the group, which were sprawled around the street, looking for the kid's house.

                They'd thought about the last three options, slowly weighing which one of them would be the easiest to get to join the group. They had:

                1. An evil kid who had set fire to certain company rooms, blackmailed staff, and, somehow traumatized Sungmin enough to make him try to jump out of the car when they mentioned the kid.

                2. Some boy that lives in Gangwondo, three hours away.

                3. The kid that cursed him out on the phone.

                After much discussion, fighting and finally, calming down Sungmin, they'd all agreed to first visit the guy that had cursed out Soo Man. Unfortunately, finding the kid ended up being a lot harder than it should have been.

                He tried the kid's phone again, cursing as he heard the same words as the last five times he'd called. "The number you have dialed is currently…"

                "Arghh! What is this kid?" Soo Man growled out in frustration. "Why is he so hard to find?!"

_______________________

 

                Hankyung watched the group from afar, hiding cleverly in his car. His hair was covered by a beanie, and his eyes shaded by large, mirrored, sunglasses. They were more persistent than he'd originally thought. But, that was fine. Without the correct address or phone number, they'd never be able to find him. He'd just wait for this all to roll over, and then he'd start going out without using a disguise.

                "Amateurs." He muttered. "You're never going to find me like this." Satisfied, he turned the car around, driving to his house. He stopped at the gate, walking in without ceremony. Waiting for him was a long line of yakuza members, ready to give him his welcome.

                They bowed at a ninety degree angle, "Welcome home, young master!" They yelled in unison. Hankyung held his ears, uninterested and irritated.

                "If you have time to do useless stuff like this, go do some actual work!" He spat out, and the yakuza quickly dispersed, hiding fearful glances.

                "Did something undesirable happen, young master?" Hankyung glanced at his manservant, uninterested. "You seem a little…tetchy today."

                "Shut up. It's none of your business." He continued on his path to his room, not looking behind. His manservant struggled to keep up with his pace. "Anything interesting happen when I was gone?"

                "You received a letter." Hankyung, looked back, accepting the letter, curious. He didn't recognize the handwriting. He looked over the envelope for a clue to who it was.

                Han (jerkface) kyung was written in the place of his name. He chuckled. Whoever had written it clearly had a death wish. He looked at the return address. Kim Heechul….he didn't remember anybody by that name. He opened the letter carefully.

                Inside was 24 dollars, wrapped carefully into a piece of paper. He opened the paper.

                There you go. JERKFACE. Now we're even.

           GO DIE, LOSER!

                       --Kim Heechul

                Who could possibly…Oh. He suddenly remembered. That hobo girl. He grinned. He'd not expected her to actually pay him back. After all, he'd just been messing with her whenhe'd told her about the interest rate and everything. He'd thought it was so ridiculous for someone to ask for debt. He'd decided to play the joke.

                But she'd actually paid him. He stuffed the money in his pocket, troubles forgotten.

                "Was it from your girlfriend, sir?" his manservant asked, and he looked back, flashing a cocky grin.

                "No, just a hobo." He answered. A funny little hobo with a good voice.

_______________________________

                "No."

                "Look, Sungmin, I get it. You don't like the guy, but—"

                "If you think that the depth of my emotions is a simple 'dislike', you are gravely mistaken. If I could choose between getting eaten alive slowly by a hoard of spiders, or talking with this kid, I'd choose the first option."

                "Sungmin, please be reasonable. I don't see how he could have ever done something so bad as to possibly deserve—"

                "He did. I'm not telling you what it is, but just know that he did do something to deserve it."

                "Okay, fine. But think reasonably here. He is a member of the band. You'll have to see him eventually, so…"

                "No. If he becomes part of this group, I'm quitting."

                "Sungmin. Be reasonable. What did he possibly do to you that you feel this way?"

                "Not telling."

                "Fine. Don't tell me, then. But, if you're not going to tell me, then I'm not going to listen to you. So, we're getting him now."

                "No, why?! Can't we just get the other guys, first?"

                "No. Way." Soo Man rolled his eyes. "Hankyung is AWOL, I don't even know where to start in trying to look for him, and the only other kid lives about a billion miles away from here."

                "Let's get him, then!" Sungmin suggested. "We'll have to go all the way over there at some point, anyways. So why not now?"

                "Because Kyuhyun lives literally one block away from here." Soo Man sighed. "Now, we're going over there, and that's final. Period. No questions asked." Before Sungmin could protest any more, Soo Man was already getting out of the car. The rest of the group followed, and Sungmin, reluctant to be left behind, followed, a couple feet behind the group.

                "nonononononononononononononono…." He mumbled under his breath as he walked.

                Soo Man rolled his eyes. What a drama queen.

                Finally they got to Kyuhyun's house, and Soo Man wondered what all the fuss was over. This was a completely normal house. White, spacious, with a little white picket fence…it was the classic normal house that no one would ever look twice at. He moved up the drive way, finally reaching at the door, and ringing the doorbell.

                "Hello?" A beautiful woman opened the door. "Can I help you?"

                "Oh, yes. My name is Lee Soo Man. And yours is…"

                "Cho Ha Na." She answered. "Are you here for my husband?" she guessed.

                "No, I'm actually here for your son, Cho Kyuhyun." He answered with a gentle smile, but the woman had a reaction that was completely unexpected. Her eyes widened, and she looked nervously at Soo Man, eyes flicking between him and the kids behind him.

                "M-may I ask what your b-business with-h hi-im is?" She stuttered, visibly upset.

                "Um, sure…we're from SM entertainment. We have a…business proposition for your son. But I'd really like to talk to him about it, first, if that's okay."

                "Business proposition?" She blinked. "It's not to sue him? Or send him to jail? Or anything like that? Are you sure?"

                "Uh, yeah. He passed an idol audition…so he's gonna be an idol."

                "WHAT." She looked at him with big eyes. "My Kyuhyun? He doesn't even sing. Or dance. I don't think I've ever seen him leave his room, except to make trouble. And even then, usually he can manage to get into a lot of trouble, without even leaving his room. I've never even heard about him auditioning for anything, let alone to be an idol!" but she was already letting Soo Man in, taking his coat. "Did you want tea?"

                "No, that's fine. Thank you." Soo Man answered. "Where is Kyuhyun, anyways?"

                "He's in his room. I will call him down." She raced up the stairs, knocking on Kyuhyun's door. Soo Man glanced at Sungmin, who was watching the door with an intense gaze…the same kind of look a rabbit gives a predator.

                "Kyuhyun? Can I come in?" She entered the room, and Soo Man heard muffled voices from inside. Finally, she came back out. She looked at the group apologetically. "He said he was in the middle of something important…could you maybe wait just a little bit? I don't think it'll take too long."

                "That's fine." Soo Man answered. "But, if that's the case, I'll accept the tea."

                Three hours later, they were still waiting. Finally, Sungmin lost him mind.

                "I'm done! This kid thinks he's so cool, but he's not! Making us wait like this—I'm gonna rip him a new one!" Sungmin jumped up from where he was sitting, running up the stairs and into Kyuhyun's room.

                Sure, he didn't like the kid. After all, the day he'd met Kyuhyun had been one of the worst days of his life. He'd been minding his own business, walking down the hallway, when suddenly he'd walked into SATAN HIMSELF (ahem. Kyuhyun.)

                "Hey, cutie," The boy said, looking at Sungmin with eyes full of lust. "What brings you here?"

                Sungmin, innocent to the knowledge that he was currently talking with THE MOST EVIL BEING OF ALL TIME returned the look, grinning lasciviously. "Nothing…but you're pretty cute yourself…do you work here?"

                "Yeah…I'm the next new thing." Kyuhyun grinned, bringing himself closer to Sungmin. "Care to have a taste?"

                "Don't mind if I do." Sungmin said, and Kyuhyun led him into the broom closet. Little innocent Sungmin was so happy at having caught a cute guy, that he just entered the broom closet without even thinking twice. Kyuhyun closed the door with a slam, locking it. Sungmin looked at him with big eyes, not suspecting anything.

               "So we don't get any unexpected guests." Kyuhyun explained, and Sungmin allowed a slow smile to fill his features. He slunk over to Kyuhyun.

                "Why? Are we going to be doing anything…bad…in here?" He looked up at Kyuhyun, his lips suggestively.

                "What do you think?" Was all Kyuhyun said before he pulled Sungmin into a rough kiss. His tongue entered into Sungmin's mouth, and Sungmin gasped, pulling away.

                "Why?" Kyuhyun asked. "Am I going too fast?" He pulled away as well. "Sorry, I didn't think we were in here to play baby games." He turned to leave.

                "No, wait!" Sungmin pulled his arm. "Sorry, I was just…surprised…is all. Let's go back to what we were doing?"

                Kyuhyun smiled so brightly, Sungmin felt his heart skip a beat. "Fine, if you say so." He said, and suddenly, his tongue was in Sungmin's mouth again, his body pressing Sungmin against the wall. Sungmin moaned into the kiss, allowing himself to submit to Kyuhyun's ministrations. As the tension heated up between them, Kyuhyun hurriedly pulled Sungmin's shirt over his head, concentrating his focus on Sungmin's neck and chest.

                Sungmin cried out when Kyuhyun's mouth on an especially sensitive spot, and Kyuhyun growled in displeasure. "No loud noises." He berated. "Someone's gonna find us."

                "Oh, okay." Sungmin said, but when Kyuhyun pulled at his chest, he found himself letting out yet another sharp whine. Kyuhyun made another annoyed noise in his throat, stopping suddenly, and looking at Sungmin.

                "This is no good. I'm gonna have to make you be quiet, or someone's seriously gonna find us in here." He pulled out a thin strip of cloth from his pocket. Sungmin looked at it, curious.

                I'm such a moron. I should've known. Sungmin thought now, remembering the episode. But he let Kyuhyun get close to him, tie the gag around his mouth. He looked at Kyuhyun with confused, yet trusting eyes.

                Kyuhyun's caring eyes suddenly changed. "You're such a little ert." He said, grabbing something from his pocket. "You haven't even met me, and now you're letting me gag you in a broom closet? Are you a serious masochist or something?"

                Sungmin frowned, reaching up to pull at the gag, but suddenly realized his hands were handcuffed behind his back. He looked in shock at his hands, then back at Kyuhyun.

                "And you were so caught up in the moment, you didn't even see me do that. Are you stupid or something?" Kyuhyun smirked. "I guess so, but whatever. At least you'll be of use to me. See, I was kind of needing a disguise, and one of those precious idol ID cards, if I'm gonna sneak into Girl's Generation's room. So, looks like I just happen to have found one." He grinned menacingly at Sungmin.

                Sungmin made a noise in his throat, pulling at the handcuffs, trying to lunge at Kyuhyun, but it was no use, the handcuffs seemed to be attached to the storage shelf. Kyuhyun grinned. "Well, I can't have you fighting back, can I? But for the record, I want you to know that I didn't actually enjoy kissing you. You're ugly. Girly. And a complete . Seriously. You should have some shame." He pulled out something from his back pocket. Sungmin looked at it in horror. A Taser.

                Kyuhyun smirked. "Don't worry, I've put it on the maximum setting. And by the way, I hope we never have to meet again. But if we do, I'll be sure to tase you a couple more times. This is so fun to do." With that, Sungmin felt an immense pain in his chest, and his world went black.

                But that hadn't been the end of the horrid experience. No, he'd had to live down being found in the broom closet, having everybody look at him like he was some sort of ert or something, have to hear all the lectures about not letting his ID in the hands of a stranger, and finally, faced Girl's Generation's wrath when they found out it was him who'd been the reason Kyuhyun had gotten into their room and done whatever he'd done.

                Sungmin shuddered in the remembered embarrassment. He'd sworn he'd getback at that Kyuhyun somehow, but…at the same time, he was so scared. The way how Kyuhyun had looked at him so coldly, with such disgust…that had been worse than anything.

                And he wasn't a ert. He was just too trusting…too romantic. He believed in love at true sight, and he'd paid for that naivety with Kyuhyun.

                He set his jaw, opening Kyuhyun's door. Kyuhyun sat there in the darkness, calmly playing video games. Something about seeing his enemy doing something so utterly nerdy made Sungmin snap. "You're a frikkin' NEET!" He yelled, kicking Kyuhyun in the back as hard as he could. Kyuhyun fell forward, face landing on his controller. He looked back at Sungmin.

                "You made me lose my game!" He shouted, angry.

                "You tasered me and left me in a broom closet!" Sungmin yelled right back. "Deal with it!" Kyuhyun blinked. Then grinned in realization.

                "Oh, I remember you—" He was cut off by a roundhouse kick to the face. He fell onto the floor yet again, but didn't lose his cool. He stood up, his jaw.

                "Wow. That's one powerful kick." He said, grinning at Sungmin. "But, I guess I deserved that. Sorry about last time."

                Sungmin punched him in the gut. "If you're going to say sorry, don't do it in the first place!" He yelled.

                "Okay, okay. I surrender." Kyuhyun coughed, recovering from the blow. "But, Sungmin-ssi. I really wanted to apologize for that time. You see, ever after that day, I couldn't stop thinking of you. I couldn't even game properly, because my mind was always filled with images of our time together. I can't stop thinking about you…I even tried going back to the company, but they'd already banned me from entry. I waited many hours for you to come out, but you never showed….but, anyways… I just… I realized that in my life, I've met many, many people. But no one makes me feel like you do, Sungmin-ssi. Sungmin-ssi, I love you."

                "Oh, go to hell!" With that, Sungmin gave him the last kick that finally made him fall into unconsciousness. "Don't you have any shame at all, spouting such obvious lies?"

____________________________________________________________________________

kkk...so is this another one of Kyuhyun's lies? Or is it the truth?

PS I just love your comments so much! Thank you for all your support!