Jeonghan - Fairy/Wings

Seventeen Scenario/Oneshot Collection ☆

For  NanaXXO ^^ Again, long overdue, but I hope this turned out okay~

 

 

“I heard there’s a fairy in town,” your best friend giggles.

 

Your eyebrows furrow as you shoot her a confused look.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

It’s finally Saturday, and the beginning of spring break, much to your relief. Up until now, you and your friends have been cooped up in your rooms studying, or cramming, in some cases. It’s only today that all of you finally have the chance to hang out together and relax. For the first time in a long while you’ve all decided to go out on the town, because it’s only now that the timing and the weather both permit it.

 

“Well,” she begins. “I heard about this cute guy who works at the new ice cream place a few blocks from here. He’s like, their new mascot or something, but word is going around that his face is basically to-die-for.”

 

“I suddenly want ice cream,” another one of your friends pipes up, a mischievous glint in her eye.

 

“Alright,” you give in. “It’s getting pretty hot anyway,” you admit while hiding a smile.

 

Your friends cheer in excitement as you embark on a new mission. It doesn’t take long for you to reach the ice cream store, and when you do get there, you can’t help but snort a bit at what you see.

 

The Dairy Fairy, huh?” You laugh, staring up at the sign.

 

“I like it,” one of your friends says with a cheesy grin. “But where can we find the fairy?”

 

Your best friend tilts her head and bites her lip.

 

“I heard he’s always usually out here handing out flyers, but it doesn’t seem like he’s here today.”

 

When you all venture on inside to get ice cream, and not-so-discreetly search for the cute guy, you’re only disappointed.

 

“The fairy?”

 

The woman at the counter doesn’t seem too surprised when your best friend impulsively asks for him. She giggles under breath as she hands her the ice cream cone she ordered.

 

“Unfortunately, he’s not here today. But I’ll be glad to let him know that you were all looking for him!”

 

“Oh, no,” you shake your head. “You don’t have to tell him that, it’s -”

 

“What shifts does he usually work?” Another of your friends blurts out shamelessly.

 

“Well,” she laughs awkwardly. “He usually works weekends, but for some reason, he’s just not here today. I’m sorry that this is all I can tell you.”

 

“Aww,” your friends whine.

 

“Actually,” the girl at the counter continues. “I’m the owner here and we currently have an opening, and since we’re understaffed today, we could use someone to take the fairy’s place just this time. You all seem nice, but would any of you maybe be interested?”

 

You and your friends all look at each other blankly, not too sure what to do. This is more than just an opportunity to snag a part time job, the chance to become coworkers with this legendary fairy boy is included in the package. There’s no doubt that everyone wants it. Before anyone else could volunteer however, your best friend roughly pushes you forward.

 

“This person will do it.”

 

The rest of your friends let out a sigh, but don’t argue.

 

“What? Why me?” You exclaim in defence.

 

“Because we all know you’re broke,” your best friend leans to whisper into your ear. “And the most brutally single,” she winks.

 

Everyone agrees amongst each other, making you place your hand on your chest.

 

“I’m offended right now,” you admit before taking a deep breath. “But it is true, I guess. Fine, I’ll do it.”

 

You exchange smiles with the owner before she leads you to the back of the store away from your friends.

 

“I know there’s a formal process we have to go through before I can officially hire you, but we can skip that for today because I really need someone out there getting customers in here. Since we’re new, not much people know about us, and that fairy boy, Jeonghan, was our best bet at getting the word out there. People love him, but not a lot come when he’s not here.”

 

The manager excuses herself for a bit to drop into the storage room. When she returns, she’s holding out a pair of strap on fairy wings and a flower crown with a fake ice cream cone wand, all with a cheerful expression on her face.

“Jeonghan always thought the wand was too excessive, but I think you can make it work!”

 

You smile half-heartedly, only now starting to fear what you’ve gotten yourself into.

 

Much to your dismay, your friends are still hanging around the store by the time you come back out. They bite their lips at the sight of you in your uniform, some fighting laughter, and others relieved that they didn’t sign up for this instead of you.

 

“It suits you!” Your best friend hollers, earning a direct glare from you.

 

They all stay even after they’ve finished their ice cream cones, taking pictures and videos of you attempting to gather customers on the street in your unique getup. Somewhere in the middle of it, you discovered that your wand made bell sounds if you shook it violently enough, attracting more attention than you would’ve personally liked, but to your friends it was the most entertaining thing in the world.

 

You don’t lose them until more people start to noticing you. Soon, you begin to get flocked by high schoolers for pictures, during which your friends announced they’d be leaving and for you to call when your shift ends. Your best friend in particular yells out to tell you to enjoy flirting, and you force yourself to pretend you don’t hear it.

 

A few hours after they leave, and when the chaos of the impromptu photo sessions has completely died down, you squint at the image of a figure down the street running in your direction. It’s starting to get dark out and very quickly nearing closing time, so you wonder if it’s a customer.

 

Before you could fully analyse the situation however, the owner calls for you to come inside and you follow in after her with a smile.

 

“Well done today!” She goes to pat you on the back, but stops herself when the wings almost poke her in the eye.

 

“Thank you, I didn’t think I could do it but I pulled through,” you laugh, shaking the ice cream cone wand.

 

Suddenly, a man bursts through the door. Almost instantly, you recognise the figure to be the one you saw running in the distance. But when you stop to really look at him, you don’t expect your heart to flip inside your chest.

 

From his long luscious locks of hair to his angelic features, you’re almost convinced you’re dreaming when he successfully gathers himself and waltzes up to you as if he came out of a drama.

 

“Oh my God,” you involuntarily whisper to yourself, making you push a hand to your mouth when you realise that slipped out.

 

The guy stops in front of the manager, planting an apologetic look on his face.

 

“I am so sorry I didn’t show up for work today without any notice! Something came up, and in the middle of it all, I managed to lose my phone, and everything was crazy, and I rushed here as soon as the situation was settled to beg you not to fire me, please!”

 

“Jeonghan,” the manager says calmly, reaching out a hand to place on his shoulder. “I understand, it’s alright, for now. You’re lucky though, I would’ve been angry if I didn’t find a replacement for you just in time since Joshua wasn’t available and I agreed yesterday to let Soonyoung off early today.”

 

She turns to you with raised eyebrows, directing Jeonghan’s gaze to land on you.

 

“Oh, wow, hi.”

 

A smile tugs at his lips all too suddenly, threatening your cheeks to blush because is this boy even real? You introduce yourself, holding out your hand to initiate an awkward handshake. He takes it and chuckles to himself.

 

“I’m Jeonghan, the original fairy,” he winks.

 

“Nice to meet you,” you beam at him.

 

“I have to say though, you suit the outfit more than I do, wow,” he tries to hide his nervousness with a melodic laugh, tucking a strand of hair behind his ear.

 

“Oh no, I bet you do these wings justice yourself,” you remark with a smirk.

 

“Not as much as you, though.”

 

A few moments is given away to silence as you and Jeonghan merely smile at each other.

 

“Will you… will I be seeing more of you around here?” He asks.

 

“Yes, you will be,” the owner interrupts.

 

The both of you seem to have forgotten about her existence completely, almost jumping at her voice.

 

“So, you’ll have other chances to flirt with each other, don’t worry,” she says, turning on her heel and giving you both some space, making you both laugh awkwardly.