Wonwoo - Sky/Pillows (Birthday Special~☆)

Seventeen Scenario/Oneshot Collection ☆

For Wonwoo stans out there~ This is possibily the fluffiest/floweriest thing I've ever written, so it's super cheesy. Can you tell I'm in love with him?   Purposely posted in the last hour of Wonwoo's birthday in Korea to set the mood (also I am a giant loser).  

Also, because I don't think I've thanked you all personally, thanks so much to all those who subscribed~ ...Sorry about this in advance... And thank you to those who are casually reading these oneshots/scenarios too!~

~

 

Bliss arrives in the form of Jeon Wonwoo’s company on a night like this. It’s a chilly summer evening, and somehow you both decided to spend the last hours of his birthday camping out in the middle of nowhere under an open sky, sprawled out on top of a picnic blanket and a mess of pillows you brought from home. You’re curled into each other, limbs tangled in an embrace and fingers laced together. And now, you realise you can spell perfection with just the way the boy next to you breathes, how he smiles softly at his own thoughts and the rhythm of his heartbeat.

 

“You’re staring.” He suddenly whispers.

 

Instead of turning away, you look him right in the eyes that are twinkling at you. He makes a face by scrunching up his nose and you mimic his expression. It doesn’t take long before you’re both laughing at each other and waiting for your giggles to die down a little more in the dark.

 

Watching the sunset with this boy some hours ago already felt like heaven enough. Now, you’re lying on the grass in almost pitch-blackness with only stars shining down on you. The moon is somewhere in the far corner not daring to disturb the air, so still that you almost wish that time could freeze right now.

 

“I feel like I could fall into the sky.” The words escape your lips in mumbles.

 

In a matter of seconds, you feel Wonwoo’s arms around you pull you in beside him even closer. It’s close enough that you can feel his warm breath on your neck, and you’re thankful for it when a light breeze hovers over your skin.

 

“Don’t do that, I need you here with me.”

 

No matter how hard you try, you can’t bite back the stupid grin that’s growing on your face from Wonwoo’s cheesy comment.

 

“If it wasn’t still your birthday, I would’ve hit you for that. What time is it anyway?”

 

Wonwoo chuckles as he reaches for his phone in his pocket.

 

“11.44pm. I still have sixteen minutes of safety,” he smiles.

 

“Alright then,” you sigh. “This is nice anyway, let’s stay like this for a while.”

 

The next few minutes are riddled with sleepy exchanges. They’re of expressions of gratitude; whispers of ‘I’m glad we did this,’ and ‘Me too.’  They’re of mapping out wrong constellations and bursting into fits of laughter that nobody else can hear, because ‘One, that doesn’t even look like Orion’ and ‘Two, you’re literally pointing out random stars that are nowhere near each other.’ They’re of snippets of unquestionable silence, of just the two of you beaming at each other with no explanations necessary.

 

“Hey, birthday boy,” you notice his eyelids falling heavier and heavier and so gently nudge him awake.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Time?”

 

He fumbles for his phone again, squinting when the bright light catches him off guard.

 

“Just turned 11.58pm.”

 

“Oh, so close. Do you have a final birthday wish?”

 

You point up to the sky and watch his eyes follow the shooting star drifting from one side of the glittery canvas to the other before smiling to himself.

 

“Got it,” he says.

 

“What is it?”

 

“That, I can’t tell you. Don’t you know the rules?” He smirks. “Oh, look. One minute left.”

 

Rolling your eyes, you sit up from your position and earn a look of confusion from Wonwoo. He almosts gets up as well, though not before you quickly plant a soft kiss on his lips, right until the clock on his phone strikes midnight and the screen fades to black.

 

"Happy Birthday, Jeon Wonwoo."

 

“See?” He laughs, with the dumbest smile on his face. “I didn’t even need to tell you, you already knew what I wanted.”

 

You scoff and hit him playfully, taking back your place lying down beside him. Your cheeks are heating up a little, you realise, and bury your face in one of the pillows as you turn away from him. Wonwoo’s arms find their way around you again and you can still hear him chuckling to himself.

 

“I err… had the best birthday thanks to you.”

 

Finding confidence again, you turn back into him grinning from ear to ear. You let the silence take over one more time when words fall short of use. All you see is this boy’s smiling face but the feelings he gives you are capable of stretching across the far sides of the galaxy and more.  

 

“And I love you,” he lets the syllables slip into the dark and fumble their way onto your ears.

 

“I love you too,” you giggle.

 

In the early morning hours of Wonwoo’s post-birthday, your mind is a puddle of happy thoughts. You draft a long list of your favourites to yourself. They’re mostly memories of Wonwoo’s little comments and meaningless conversation; endless replays of his ‘I love you,’ and your ‘You already said that, but I love you too.’ They include him muttering about dreading to have to get up when the sun comes out, but you not minding. Because comfort doesn’t just come in this moment here on the grass and these pillows, or even that cozy house you have waiting miles away, but in this boy who feels exactly like home.