Jun - Hair

Seventeen Scenario/Oneshot Collection ☆

For my buddy, again... ^^ It's been a while because school and whatnot but this comeback has motivated me to write again. 

 

 

The first time you met Jun, you were not the most carefully wrapped package. Kicking back on a lazy Saturday walking your way to a friend’s house did not exactly call for ball gowns but messy buns and leggings, and fashion was not important at times like those. So, when your friend decided on surprising you with tickets to Seventeen’s concert, you didn’t have much opportunity to change. You hadn’t a care in the world anyway, and neither did he when he spotted you particularly in the crowd and sent a wink your way.

 

The following events became history. Next, it was that fansigning where he recognised you. Then, that other one where you held up the line trying to catch up. Eventually, you both found a way to secretly exchange contact information and a solid friendship stemmed from being an avid Seventeen fan and supporter all this time. And somehow, things ended up the way they did. Jun has become a close friend, and the rest of Seventeen are like brothers to you. It’s weird when you think about it, how even such situations can spring from little first times.

 

When Jun invites you out somewhere fancy for the first time, it’s not a date. You won’t be alone with him. It’s for Soonyoung’s cousin’s wedding, he tells you. He needs you to be his plus one because Soonyoung insisted that they fill up the venue as much as they can to make up for the amount of guests who wouldn’t be able to make it. You figured thirteen boys would already be enough but accepted - Jun was persistent in making it clear that he wanted you there.

 

It’s not a date, but that’s not exactly an excuse to show up in casual attire. Although you’re not too fond of dressing up, you’re going to a wedding and not some cafe or theme park that you usually go to with Jun. Your friends completely agree, hence why they took you shopping the day before and stayed with you since early morning getting you ready. You barely get a word in as they continue on in their frenzy, makeup products and hair tools being tossed around like hot potatoes while they struggle against time.

 

“Jun just texted and said they’ll be by to pick me up in thirty minutes,” you say worriedly.

 

“Shh,” your friend waves your concern off with one hand while working a curling iron with the other. “We can make it.”

 

Thankfully, the guys are just a few minutes late, but that gives you enough time to finish everything. One of your friends rush downstairs to let them in. You however, steal a few more glances of your reflection in the mirror. You’re not used to looking like this. With your hair down and your figure clad in a dress for that matter, you almost feel like someone else. But not quite. You can still see yourself in your favourite colours dabbed here and there on the items of clothing your friends helped pick out. They knew you well and you’re thankful for that.

 

“Hey~” All of a sudden you hear Jun singsong your name from downstairs. “Are you ready yet?”

 

His voice catches you off guard but you sigh, dusting off your outfit and taking little steps out of your room and towards the staircase. Your other friend races ahead of you to the top of the stairs.

 

“And now,” she announces loudly enough to make you cringe and the others anticipate her words, “Introducing your one and only date for the evening.” She winks at Jun and you have to refrain from gagging before you’re pushed to her place.

 

You don’t look at him right away. You hear the other guys cheer and whistle as you make your way down the stairs slowly. But Jun’s voice isn’t part of the noise. When you do decide to look up, it’s just when both your feet land on the final step and Jun is right in front of you.

 

He’s boring holes into your eyes. The boy is completely  frozen - a statue of tongue-tied emotions you wish you could comprehend. But both of you are made of shy smiles stuck in this moment of time. Each trying to understand the other and untangle the words on the tips of your tongues.

 

You think it’s Mingyu, or maybe Soonyoung, who shoves Jun just a tiny bit closer to you. It’s a slight push, but it’s enough to knock the boy out of his trance.

 

“Your hair,” is the first thing he says. Awkwardly, Jun clears his throat.

 

“Y-Yeah,” you stifle a laugh. “It’s err… down.”

 

“It’s pretty.” The other guys all hoot at this and you notice the faintest hint of blush creep on Jun’s cheeks. But he doesn’t take back the compliment. “You’re pretty.”

 

“Thanks, you look good too.” You take this opportunity to admire how amazing this boy looks in a tux and smile to yourself.

 

“Will you two also be getting married today or…?” Seungkwan remarks, earning a laugh from everybody else.

 

Although to be completely honest, you won’t deny getting butterflies later on in the wedding when the couple exchange I do’s and catch yourself putting Jun in the groom’s place and yourself as the bride. You tell yourself it’s nothing. That the boys and your other friends are getting inside your head with their teasing.

 

But Jun has you believing there’s a first time for everything. One day he tells you all the first times he’s noted down from his life. There was the first time he learned how to ride a bike, for one. The first time he starred in a movie; the first time he went on a plane to Korea; the first time he performed, and so on. But he also includes the first time he saw you; the first time you exchanged contact information; the first time you hung out; the first time he saw you with your hair down.

 

“That was our first date,” he tells you.

 

You give him a baffled expression because you could recall your first date being long after the wedding.

 

“No, no. That was most definitely a date,” he smirks. “Because that was the first time I was sure I wanted you for myself.”