The8 - Fansigning/Cafe

Seventeen Scenario/Oneshot Collection ☆

 

*For my friend, for whom I tested out the writing skills for the first time in a while. Sorry if this , and I know how unrealistic it is but you know how much of a cheeseball I am. 

 

 

 

~

 

 

It’s incredibly hot out, you feel like the sun’s trying to kill you on purpose, and you’re fighting with yourself over whether it was a good idea to wear a snapback today. On one hand, it is protecting your face from burning, but also, you’re sure your scalp is suffering under the sweltering heat.

This probably isn’t the best thing to focus on right now, but you know yourself that it’s a perfectly great distraction to the butterflies in your stomach. You’ve spent almost an hour standing in line to see the boys you’ve adored for a good while now, and although your happiness is through the roof, your nerves are also all over the place.

 

Why does talking seem so hard now? You go over greetings in your head as you move along with the queue. You pitch imaginary conversations with the members, judging yourself over the topics you choose for each. ‘Hello’ starts sounding weird. But ‘Hey’ begins to come off too casual. You don’t know why you’re suddenly so worked up over this. You just need to be friendly, that’s it. Clutching onto your copy of Seventeen’s new album, you decide on your small talk. Hi, how are you? Isn’t the weather awesome today? And you’ll compliment them too, avoiding any mention of the fact that the sun is actually cooking you.

 

The line moves along too fast, you think. Well, it’s been close to an hour and a half but you’re not ready. You’re still shaking when you step up to the first member, even with Jeonghan’s angelic smile trying to calm you down. You take a deep breath, noticing that the girl who came before you wrote her question down on a sticky note and realising that that would’ve been a better idea in your situation. But breathing helps and as Jeonghan signs your cd, you attempt talking about the weather and get a short and sweet conversation out of him. Relieved, you mentally give yourself a pat on the back.

 

Your confidence progresses, at least you think, as you pass each member. It’s the same topic over and over again, with a little comment on how good they look today every now and then, as well as small messages of encouragement. You almost can’t believe this is happening. This is all you, talking to your idols at a real fansign.

 

And then you get to him. Not that there’s anything wrong at all with Minghao. It’s just that, if you have to put it into words, the boy’s a greater distraction than the sun at this moment. He’s just…  He is your bias, after all. You don’t want to admit it, but you’re sure you spend more than enough time just staring at him, not even remembering to hand him your cd. When you do, he’s the one who has to remind you. You’re so flustered and nervous and hearing him speak and ask for your name has you frozen after you barely mutter the answer.

 

“Well, how are you? Isn’t the weather awesome today?”

 

He steals your line. He stole your line. What do you say now? Of course, the sun is beating down on your back at the same time, but also this boy looks so amazingly adorable and precious that your voice catches in your throat, and you can only speak in your head until-

 

“Oh gosh, it’s too freaking hot.”

 

You thought out loud and when you realise it, you’re absolutely taken aback. You bite your lip in embarrassment and scold yourself internally. But then, you hear a chuckle from opposite you.

 

“True, true.”

 

For a moment, you wish you could see Minghao smile like this everyday. It’s enough for you to forget about your little outburst and smile yourself. He’s almost finished signing your album when he speaks again.

 

“There’s this cafe a couple of blocks from here that I’ve been going to regularly this summer with the others after a long day like this. Here, I’ll write down the name of it for you.”

 

You thank him, mimicking his friendly expression. When you take back your cd, it’s suddenly hard to say goodbye. It’s only when you see the name of the cafe jotted down clearly in his handwriting that you gain hope that you’ll meet again soon.

 

It’s probably another hour or so before you find the cafe. Your friend (whom you completely forgot about during the whole fansigning experience) had suggested going out for hamburgers straight after the event. Your hunger couldn’t refuse. But you still won’t back down on your intentions to go to the cafe, regardless of how full you are.

 

You don’t know what you’re expecting. Sure, a nice cold drink would be perfect right now, and you’re somehow excited to be going to a place Minghao himself had recommended. However, you can’t hide the fact that you already miss him. It’s weird and you know it. Despite having crushed on him as a fan would a bias, that had been the first time you met the boy face to face.

 

The last thing you expect to see when you enter the cafe is Minghao himself, sitting in one of the corner tables with two frappucinos and an empty seat beside him. The last thing you expect is for him to remember your name and wave you over, and when you’re too lost in your own world, for the boy to physically walk towards you with the drinks.

 

“I was hoping I’d bump into you here, but I thought it was just wishful thinking.” He hands you one of the frappucinos and the coldness of it wakes you up. You’re still here. This is happening. “It’s for you to cool off, I almost regretted buying it.”

 

He laughs again and you swear the whole building lights up along with him. You can’t help but beam at him.

 

“It’s too freaking hot to refuse.”