Sweet and Sour

Chinese Teacher

Jia's POV

If I could have spoken to the man in my doorway I would probably have questioned his sudden appearance at our dorm and as politely as I could I would probably have tried to get him to leave. If the girls knew I allowed a boy in our dorm there's no doubt they'd seriously injure me. Since I didn't have the voice to explain the situation and how express how wrong it was that he was even here I decided it was just best to get him inside before the wrong person saw him outside our door. Without words I tried to invite him inside, using my arms to make my motions. Luckily he figured out the invitation and followed me inside the dorm; as soon as I could I quickly shut the door. I breathed deeply while facing the door, quickly training my expression to not be so disapproving when I turned around.

My expression must have showed my confusion. Heechul's once happy smiling face dropped into an apologetic worried expression.. "I'm sorry for just showing up like this." He shoved the flowers in my direction. I looked at them, my hands at my sides. I don't know if it was because I was sick but my mind blanked and it took me almost a full minute to realize I was supposed to accept the flowers. I bowed my head in a confused thanks and then took the flowers into my hands, looking at them oddly. Why was this person I just met handing me flowers? And why was he standing in my dorm?

Even though the flowers were now in my possession, Heechul's hands weren't empty. He had a black clothed bag. My eyes narrowed on it. I was fortunate that Heechul was observant. He could tell where my gaze fell. "Oh!" Heechul acknowledge the bag in his hands and put his own focusing gaze on it. He pulled it open as if to look and confirm what he already knew was in there. "I brought some honey and lemon ... in case you didn't have any."

 The notion was really kind and really sweet however it still seemed odd. I had only met him yesterday and he was showing up to my dorm with presents and flowers. Maybe I was dreaming this crazy scene. However I didn't think I honestly had a strong enough impression with Heechul that made me think I'd end up fantasizing about him. Of course he was handsome and he seemed to have a nicer personality than expected I just hadn't spent enough time with him to develop any sort of deep liking for him. Even though the situation was a bit confusing for me I bowed my head to him. He was being polite so I needed to show some sort of thanks.

"So you still can't talk?" Heechul asked me and in response I nodded. "Aish," he spoke with sympathetic. "That ." Again I just nodded. The atmosphere was defiantly awkward. It would have been much better if I could have at least had a conversation with him. "Sorry for just showing up like this." I felt guilty that he was apologizing for trying to be nice. Even though the situation did confuse me and make me uncomfortable I understood he was trying to be polite. I shook my hands in front of me as if waving away his apologize and again I bowed my head to show thanks. "I figured you might have wanted some company?" Instead of nodding to confirm I just shrugged a bit. Even though I didn't want him to feel guilty about showing up I didn't want him to think it was completely normal and okay for him to just show up like this.

I had a feeling he was choosing not to observe how uncomfortable his presence was making me at the moment. "Show me your kitchen?" He raised his voice and tilted his head as if it was a question however it seemed more of a demand. This guy shows up uninvited and then expects a tour of the place? Since I didn't have the voice to argue I just obliged. After all he was my sunbae in the idol industry. I defiantly shouldn't show rudeness to him. Motioning him to follow I showed him to our kitchen, taking the opportunity to place the flowers down on the counter. “They’ll die if you don’t put them in water!” He quickly exclaimed and for a brief moment I thought he was going to get angry with me. Instead with a forced smile he found a cylinder shaped container in our kitchen and filled it with water, then placed the flowers inside, completely treating the kitchen as if it was his own.

"I'll prepare you some warm water." He wasn't offering he was informing. Whether I wanted any or not I realized this guy was making me water. I nodded. Why shouldn't I try his water? Maybe it would really help my voice. Then at least something good would come out of this otherwise unbeneficial awkward situation.

It wasn't that I thought Heechul was going to do anything destructive or wrong but I felt that leaving him alone in our kitchen would be a bad idea. It also probably would have been rude but no more rude than unexpectedly showing up to someone's dorm uninvited. I tried to push the thought out of my head by constantly reminding myself that he really was acting nicely even if it did seem inappropriate for the barely existing friendship we had. "You can go rest." Heechul spoke, giving me permission to rest in my home. How could someone be so nice but yet impolite at the same time? My already hazy head was growing more confused. I shook my head and took a seat at our table.

I watched as Heechul maneuvered around the kitchen to find what he needed. He used our microwave to heat up some water to a hot temperature. That was a little a odd to me but I remained silent, not that I had a choice to speak up. I breathed out silent air looking away from Heechul. The scene was too odd. I took a moment to pretend he wasn't currently in my kitchen or in my dorm at all. But even as I starred ahead across the table and at the back wall, Heechul made his way into my view. He sat down with the glass of water and his little black bag.

Involuntarily I chuckled silently. My laugh wasn't audible but it was known by the large smile on my face. Heechul smiled back at me, a hint of a smirk showing. "I wish I knew what you were laughing about." He stated without actually asking me. I shrugged as if answering him anyway. The situation was so strange and uncomfortable that I found it laughable. He let my laugher go and I watched as he mixed a good amount of honey into the glass of water he was preparing. I my lips a little concerned about the sweetness of the drink I was going to be forced into drinking.

Again I remembered how sweet Heechul was attempting to be as I watched him slice a lemon. His delicate fingers struggled at peeling the vibrant yellow skin off the fruit so it seemed I was getting chunks of still skinned lemon in my water. But I assumed that was alright or he would have tried harder. Hopefully that was the case. After he used one whole lemon to leave little chunks of lemon in my water he pulled another lemon from his bag and cut it in half. Using both halves he squeezed the juice into the water. It seemed that this magical healing drink was going to fill me both with a sweet and sour taste. The combination reminded me of Heechul's actions. Feeling a little dizzy I slouched in an uncomfortable position at the table.

 "Hey!" Heechul spoke and grabbed the glass of water while standing up. "Let's go sit some place more comfortably. "Surely you have a couch?" My eyes widened. Even though I couldn't speak surely Heechul could tell I found him to be acting very oddly inappropriate and a bit rude. He seemed to not observe this fact either. Apparently he selectively observed the things he wanted. He grabbed my hand and while trying to help me up pretty much forced me up and he found his own way to our coach. After feeling forced I took a seat on our couch and surprisingly Heechul had enough manners to sit on the far other end of the couch, only after forcing the glass of warm water into my hand.

I looked over at him blankly, just holding the glass. My position was still. "Drink it!" Heechul insisted while making a drinking motion with his hand. I nodded to him and took a tiny sip of the sour and sweet water. Just by the small sip I could tell it tasted horrible. I scrunched my face up just a little and tried to hide my disgust. "No! You have to drink it all. A sip will never do. Hurry while it's still hot." Reluctantly I returned the glass to my lips and took a big swallow downing a third of the glass. My face scrunched up harshly and I could feel my eyes twitching as I reacted to the sour lemons. "Keep drinking!" Heechul insisted and I nodded continuing to drink until the whole thing was gone except some honey that stuck to the very bottom of the glass. I coughed after finishing it. It probably wouldn’t have been so bad if Heechul wouldn’t have used so much of the lemon and honey but the drink seemed almost smothering.

As my cough came to an end Heechul smiled. "How do you feel?" He asked me.

"I'm never drinking anything you give me again!" I exclaimed in a hoarse voice. After which I realized I actually had a voice. I let out a high pitched scream, surprised I could actually scream at all. "Heechul-Oppa!" Without thinking I put the glass down and leaped to the other side of the couch to hug Heechul. A full intense hug with my arms clutched around his neck and my chest meeting his own. Shocked, he stayed completely frozen as I acted inappropriately. As I was hugging Heechul I heard the sound of a click. Even though I heard it I didn't process it. I kept my arms tightly around the frozen male.

"Hey!" I looked up instantly at the new voice in the room and saw Min starring there looking almost horrified with her finger pointed directly at me and Heechul. "What is this?!"