Chapter 5

Chinese Teacher

 

I stayed still starring at Min for a moment. Frozen with my arms around Heechul. "What is this?!" Min repeated her finger shaking and her whole body bouncing with surprise. 

"O-oh..." Quickly regaining logic, I removed my arms from Heechul and stood up from the couch. "I- It's not. He's just-" I gave a bunch of sentence starters however I couldn't actually come up with a complete sentence to even start explaining my actions. I suddenly wished my voice hadn't come back. I had no excuse now not to talk. I needed to come up with something to tell Min.

"You're voice is back!" Min shook her finger which had followed when I stood up from the couch. "What's going on?!" I watched as Min's body expressed suspicion.

"When I heard Jia was sick I came to help her." Heechul spoke his down sounding a bit defensive. He stood from the couch but luckily was in the right mind to keep his distance from me.

"Help her?" Min asked both her arms finally at her side but her eyebrow rose with question. "Are you a doctor?" I was actually a little surprised the way Min was talking to Heechul. Based on his expression he seemed a little surprised too. Yes, we were all idols but he was much more experienced and respected in the industry than we were. Still Min didn't seem to have a single problem standing up to him.

"No." Heechul responded to her sarcastic question seriously. "I'm not a doctor but seeing as I've been performing for years I know a couple things about losing your voice!" My eyes widened when Heechul's voice rose at Min. There was no reason for a fight to break out right now.

"Just stop." I spoke quietly but loud enough for both of them to hear me.

 "Jia," Min said my name and I looked to her, my heart beating a bit unusually. "Can I speak to you for a moment?"

"Yup." I nodded happy at the chance to get her and Heechul apart. I quickly walked out of the room expecting Min to follow which she did after politely excusing herself from Heechul. She must have felt some intimidation after Heechul raised his voice at her considering she had some new found respect.

“Unni! How can you let a boy into the dorm!” Min was yelling at me as soon as we left the area. I looked down with a guilty expression. It wasn’t my fault.

“I didn’t invite him. He just showed up.” I spoke quiet my throat still not feeling completely healed. I lifted my head up removing my guilty expression, reminding myself that this wasn’t my fault. “What was I suppose to do?! Tell him to leave.”

“Yes. That’s exactly what you should have done.”  Min rolled her eyes at me.

“I didn’t have the voice to argue with him at that time.” I pouted and Min gave me another eye roll.

“If Suzy or Fei found out about this!” She shook her head as if she couldn’t even say the consequences. Although I don’t think they could have probably reacted to the situation any worse than Min was acting right now. “What if our Manager came in?!” There she was right. I probably would have been in a lot more trouble.  

“Well what do you want me to do?! Get rid of him?” My voice was quiet when I asked the second question; once again my throat reminded me it wasn’t in perfect condition. Min nodded with a calm expression. She wanted me to just kick out Super Junior’s Heechul. “I’ll see what I can do.”

A deep breath was necessary before walking out to the room with Heechul. He was being so inappropriately kind but how could I just insist that he left. “I should get going.” Heechul spoke no more than just a couple moments after I entered the room. I was both surprised and relieved.

“Yes!” I spoke up quickly, probably with too much enthusiasm. “You should go…” I said more calmly. “I’m sure you can imagine the trouble I’d be in if our manager caught you here…” I tried to clarify. I didn’t want Heechul to think I was kicking him out for personal reasons. I don’t think I was letting myself admit it but I didn’t really want him to leave for any reason other than the fear of getting caught.

“I understand exactly.” Heechul bowed lightly to me and I smiled while bowing back to him.

“Thank you.” I spoke sincerely as we both walked to the door feeling alone in the atmosphere again even though we both knew that Min was still close by. I politely got the door for my uninvited guest. “I’ll remember the lemon and honey if this ever happens again.” I just got a smile out of Heechul before he left. No words. I couldn’t help but to wonder if I had made him feel badly in anyway by encouraging his departure. He couldn’t possibly consider those being my intentions.

Min appeared in sight almost instantly after Heechul left. “So he’s gone?”

“Yes.” I confirmed proudly.

“Good.” Min gave a small smile. “I’ll report your doing well.” She then stuck her finger out again at me as if expressing authority.  “Don’t invite any more handsome idol men into the dorm.”

“Did you just say handsome?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Nope.” Min denied and I decided not to argue her denial, not seeing a point.

“I’m feeling better anyways. How but I just come to the schedules with you.” I suggested. I got my voice back so it made sense to do the schedules I was originally supposed to do. Besides maybe it could add some normalcy to this otherwise odd day.

“No I’m pretty sure that’s a bad idea.” Min quickly denied my offer. “You should still rest in case your vocal chords aren’t completely healed.” She was probably right. I nodded and politely showed her out of the apartment.

Afterwards I took the flowers that luckily Min hadn’t noticed to my room and laid down to get some more rest. After the previous events my head was filled with so much confusion laying down sounded and getting consumed in darkness sounded like a good idea.