Chapter 6

Chinese Teacher

 

[[ It has been forever since an update. My apologizes but I miss writing this story so here's a new chapter! ^^ ]]

 

It had been a number of days since the incident with Heechul. I continued to sip the lemon and honey water mixture he so kindly informed me of. I had been getting much better; I've been attending all my schedules and focusing on my strongest talent- dance. The guy who was coming on to me so strong in the beginning hadn't bothered to contact me, nor I him. I don't think of myself as a person to get considered over petty things however it would seem logical that a guy who was worried enough about you to risk starting a rumored scandal by showing up a girls dorm would be worried enough to send a text or call or something. I honestly wasn’t offended, maybe he just finally got the hint that I accidently gave.

Min has kept our secret safe, so well in fact she hasn't even discussed it with me. I would mostly likely be on the verge of thinking I made the whole thing up if it wasn't for the one evening while we were in the lobby of a recording and saw Super Junior on the screen, Min and I both shared a glance for an awkward second and I knew she hadn't forgotten nor did I make up the situation.

The slowly dying flowers in my room were also a reminder that the incident was real. My heartbeat escalated when my new roommate Fei had asked me where they came from, but I answered cooly, "A fan sent them to me." Even though we were still pretty new of a group, we did have an amazing following and did get gifts from our friends; however a majority of them went to our maknae Suzy, none of us complained. In Miss A we we're all equals.

I suppose if I was missing Heechul's attention, which I still claim I wasn't, I could have texted him, but I didn't. It’s true; I’m the type of girl who’s too headstrong and to text a guy first. Why would I want to come off pathetic when there was a good chance that Heechul was just one of those celebrities who played with a lot of girls? I didn’t peg him for a play boy but how would I know? Maybe I was just a victim? I finally get the sense in my mind to throw away the dying flowers, also throwing away the thoughts that Heechul had any interest in me. I was being senseless to keep thinking about the subject.

“It’s about time you threw those away.” Suzy walked into my room, catching me putting the dying flowers in a trash bag. “I usually throw mine away as soon as they start wilting and replace them with fresh ones.” She smiled and sat on my bed. I took a seat next to her.

“We don’t all have a constant income of flowers and gifts like you Suzy.” I teased jokingly and gave her a nudge and she just chuckled. “So we have to leave soon don’t we?” I asked checking my cellphone for the time. Miss A had a photo shoot today. Work was good, it kept my mind off of dumb things that didn’t deserve my attention.

“Oh that’s right!” Our maknae commented and quickly hopped of the bed. “I was sent in here to grab you.” And with those words she had grabbed me, taking me by wrist and tugging me out of the room even though I went with her willingly.

The photo shoot went fine. Suzy and Min got put into shorter dresses while Fei and I had worn a nice shirt and pant combo. We did group shots and then singles. Once I finished my own photos I had time to go raid the snack table, filled with mostly just fruits and light snack foods. I got some coffee and a small plate of pineapple and watermelon. The set was pretty open I could see people walking outside the hallway, next to the room we were in through the door. I saw people dressed up in fancy clothes and could easily tell they were also famous people doing a photo shoot. I looked around. Fei was shooting her solo photos now and then it’d be Min and Suzy. Suzy’s photos usually took longer than anyone else’s. Not because she was difficult to work with but actually the opposite. She was so unintentionally cute photographers could never stop shooting her. It seemed I wouldn’t be missed if I snuck out for a moment and figured out who was on the other side.

After putting my cup down and still holding my plate in one hand I used the other to open the door and instantly saw two men out in the hallway. It wasn’t difficult to recognize them. There was the vertically blessed tall Kyuhyun and the ayego blessed Sungmin. Realizing this meant Super Junior was here, at least some of them Jia quickly shut the door, sure they probably already saw her but perhaps they’d think she just made a mistake or something. And she had made a mistake; she shouldn’t have been so curious and should have just stayed in the room on the set.

I took a deep breath and shoved a piece of pineapple in my mouth to soothe my nerves. It was troublesome that they’d be here at this time. Soon the door was being opened from the other side. “Hyung, you were right, it’s Jia~” I heard the voice of Super Junior’s maknae which made me  blush from being caught.

“Omo~ It’s Suzy!” Sungmin pointed to the other side of the room where Suzy was waiting to get her pictures taken. “You have to introduce me.” All I did was smile and nod to him. Truthfully I haven’t even introduced myself to him properly yet but he was already insisting being introduced to Suzy? I didn’t really mind. It was better than the question I was expecting ‘Why’d you shut the door on us?’ I looked at both the men wondering what to do then I realized once again I hadn’t introduced myself yet. I bowed.

“Miss A’s lead dancer and rapper Jia imnida.” They bowed and introduced themselves back to me, making the mood a little bit better.

“Kyuhyun. Aren’t you going to apologize?” I wasn’t sure what they were talking about. Nothing they went back and forth discussing in front of me made any sense.

“You owe Jia an apology.” Sungmin nudged Kyuhyun towards me. I looked at them shock, not thinking they had done anything wrong to me. I couldn’t see why either one of them had a reason to apologize.

“Me?” I tried to clarify, not sure if I even heard them right.

“Yes you.” Sungmin answered as if it was obvious.

“While fighting with Heechul hyung I deleted your number out of his phone…” The tall one admitted while hanging his head low.

“Oh…” I responded and just nodded. I didn’t really know how to answer that. I didn’t want it to come off as if I noticed that he wasn’t texting me. I didn’t want to reveal that I thought about the situation a lot. I also didn’t want to just forgive him. I hadn’t known that it wasn’t by Heechul’s own fault he couldn’t contact me.

“But Hyung.” Kyuhyun lifted his head and looked back to Sungmin. “Why should I apologize to her? She still had his. She could have called him.” I cursed in my head at Kyuhyun’s point. While it was valid it made me feel guilty. Sungmin looked back at me.

“That’s true.” He said clearly taking Kyuhyun’s side. All three of us were surprised when the door opened once again. In a scene that couldn’t have been scripted better, Heechul walked in the set. He looked at me, surprise only flickered in his eyes for a moment but then they went cold.

“They’re looking for you two.” He spoke and grabbed onto both Kyuhyun and Sungmin by the backs of their clothes.

“But hyung we found Jia, you’ve only been complaining about wanting to talk to her since we got in that battle over-“

“Just stop talking.” Heechul quickly cut off Kyuhyun’s sentence which made me suspicious to know what he was going to say. “We have to go finish our shoot. They want ones of just you two, apparently kyumin’s soaring these days.” He rolled his eyes and continued to pull them out of the room.

“Jia-sshi~! Come find us when you’re done and bring Suzy~!” Sungmin called out, determined to meet my fellow group member. As he traveled down the hallway and the door shut I heard him call out the room number they were shooting in and I kept it in mind. But Heechul seemed so cold towards me just now, not saying a single word to me. Would I even be welcome on their set. Maybe I should send just Suzy. Getting frustrated with my own thoughts I threw my plate of fruit away and picked up my cup of coffee and turned around to see Min behind me.

“If we go as a group and bring something it shouldn’t be as awkward to go visit them.” She said as if she was reading my troubled mind and trying to help. I just smiled at her and nodded.