The Lamb and the Wolf

Fearless

Chapter III

The Lamb and the Wolf

She was magnificent. Eyes piercing blue as ice, lips red as blood. Her presence alone was captivating, let alone her appearance. Sehun let himself stare, captivated as the Goddess of Light walked around the room, analyzing. Her gaze was strict, the tension around her- unbearable. Taking a graceful step towards the window, which looked towards the endless gardens, Theia stood in her place for a few seconds, silent and peaceful. She was observing. He wondered why Yerin was silent, or why Kai wasn't moving an inch from his place near the door, but still, Sehun did the same.

He had seen other gods before, however she was exceptional. She was the one who had saved them, given them shelter and had her creatures protecting them, all of the defenders. She was their light, while Perses was outside, lurking in the shadows. "Yerin." He blinked in surprise as he heard her speak. Her voice was sharp, yet smooth and soft.

Theia didn't even move an inch from her position, eyes fixed on the green labyrinth of plants outside. "Are the defenders ready?" There was no emotion in her voice, nothing. "Yes, Theia." Yerin answered, her eyes boring into nothingness. It was weird, Sehun thought. Even she was a servant in Theia's eyes.

He blinked again, the glow irritating his vision. Suddenly, she became too bright. Stumbling back, Sehun tried to regain his posture, only to feel his body feel lighter by each second. Theia turned around, her gaze locking with his, causing him to feel even more uneasy. "Some of the gods want their defenders by their side. See that it is done faster." Her slight frown curled into a smile. "Sehun?" She asked, shaking his senses. "Yes?" He spoke, his voice becoming raspy. Her smile widened, causing him to wonder, was she aware of what he was feeling right now? Was she enjoying it? "You will be joining Yerin and Kai to a trip." Yerin and Kai arched a brow in confusion. "A trip to where, your highness?" Kai asked, causing the goddess to chuckle in amusement. "What do you mean where?" Crossing her pale arms in front of her chest, Theia clicked her tongue. She smirked.

"The underworld of course."

It was time. As soon as Theia left, Yerin gathered the defenders, sending each of them to their Gods, while Kai gathered the civilians, giving them instructions in case a disaster. Sehun was left with packing. But what did he have to pack? He didn't own a thing, as well if this was the start of the final battle, would he even need something that may put him behind? He stopped in his tracks, his body freezing. What if he died? What if Yerin-

"You have quite the worries, boy." Taking out his sword in a second, Sehun looked around the empty hallway, only to find nothing, or no one behind him. For a moment, he had thought he was mad. Withdrawing it, he turned around, only to jump in surprise at the figure in front of him.

He was young, a pair of red eyes locked with his, while his hair was white. "Who are you?" Stuttering out, Sehun stepped back, his hand gripping the golden sword tightly. "Tao." He spoke out casually. Eyes narrowing, the man smirked. "And you? Do you know your true name?"

"Are you from around here? A defender?" A laugh followed, causing the glassware around them to tremble. Sehun ignored the goosebumps that were forming on his body and furrowed his brows. Tao wiped an invincible tear from his eye and slowly went silent. "Gods forbid, if I were, I would be a goner. As everyone, as you, not to mention your little loved one." Sehun's hand gripped Tao's shirt, raising him up from the ground with an unknown strength. Ignoring the surprise from his own actions, Sehun glared at the man, showing his teeth with a loud growl escaping his throat. "Who sent you?" Tao's wicked smile reappeared as he widened his eyes. Another high pitch laugh followed as the man raised his hands in the air. "Why are you pretending? You know who." His amusement disappeared, only to be replaced by a dark gaze, his smile long gone. "Perses wants his vessel back. You escaped once, don't make him come for you."

"Sehun." Shaking his senses, Sehun heard Yerin's voice behind him, only to realise that Tao wasn't here anymore, his arm raised in the air left empty. Looking towards her, he met her questioning gaze. "Are you okay?" She asked, still in her place by the entrance of the meeting room. Sehun stood silent, looking around, checking just to make sure if Tao was somewhere near. "No." His response trailed off, causing Yerin to arch a brow. Coming back to his senses, Sehun shook his head. "I'm okay. I was just..." Feeling a soft pat on his shoulder, he stared at how Yerin walked ahead of him. "I thought I heard something, that's all."

"What? Theia had so much influence on you?" Chuckling, she stopped in front of one of the windows. Tying her hair into a ponytail, she gasped in surprise as his hands grabbed her waist, forming a tight grip on her as he pressed his forehead against her hair. "What's wrong?" She smiled softly as she leaned in, letting him sink his head further to the crook of her neck. Fighting the blush forming on her cheeks from the way he exhaled against her skin, sending shivers down her body, Yerin remained silent, waiting for him to speak.

His eyes remained closed as Sehun's grip tightened even more. "I love you." Breathing out, he felt his heart racing. Yerin turned around, hands cupping his face, lifting it so that she could meet his eyes. "Took you long enough." Chuckling, he pulled her closer and kissed her softly. While Yerin felt nothing but bliss, Sehun could feel something else. And that something was not right.

"How was it?" Hades yawned out as Tao appeared in front of him. The young boy smirked. "He's ours." Raising a brow slightly, Hades' bored look fell on him, questioning him. "Perses will just offer a deal that our little defender can't refuse." Grinning, Tao's red eyes shimmered as he stared back at the Lord of the dead. Shifting, Hades' appearance was changed to a younger one, with eyes golden as the sun.  Tao chuckled. "Woah, I like you more like that, Kris. Your old form was boring."

A smirk formed on Kris' bluish lips. "You know, Tao." Standing up, his black robe disappeared into flames, replaced by a black light armor. Eyeing the golden sword on the stand before them, he chuckled. "Humans might actually amuse me for once." Looking up, he was greeted by the unending darkness, haunted by the souls he had tortured for eternity.

So up to now, we have: Sehun, Yerin, Kai, Tao and Kris (and Theia, duh). Did you know that Gods could shift into their human forms? Theia doesn't since she is a traditionalist, but Hades, now he is something else. Imagine that golden hair of Kris' in a black armor? Oh. Dear. Lord. I also like the idea of Tao with white hair and red eyes, makes him cute :3 What's gonna happen next chapter?! We will see~

I was bored today, so I managed to draw Theia, so I could at least imagine something when I write about her. Did you know that a brown brow pencil makes the best roots ever? And yes, I was lazy with the details...

 I am no artist... My sister has that part :D Anyway, thanks for reading! And also, thanks for subscribing!