Perses and the lamb

Fearless

Chapter I

Perses and the Lamb

The soft breeze on a cool April morning touched the icy blue skin of the boy's hand, which was trembling without feeling any cold. Taking a step forward, the boy was brought down by a week of traveling's exhaustion, which hit him as painfully as if he had been tortured by the venom of a thousand snakes. And as he hit the ground, feeling as the grass caressed his swollen cheek, he finally let out a smile and closed his eyes.

He was ready to die.

As shadows formed around the area of his exhausted body, ready to attack and swallow him into nothingness, he felt ready to let go of any regret or sadness he had felt in his mere twenty years of life. He could feel blood rushing out of his mouth, causing him to choke softly, trying to ignore the pain that was arising in his lungs. The life was draining out of him, telling him it was time to surrender. He was fearless right then and upon letting go of his conscience, he tried to recall a memory of happiness, only to give a soft chuckle as he failed to do so. As soon as his body felt numb, he heard a sharp scream which tore his senses, jerking him wide awake.

A swear later, the darkness was gone and he was met with the bright sun, warming his face. He only took a glimpse of the silhouette above him, before drifting away for the second time.

"Kai." The young man withdrew his sword and rushed to the body on the ground. Bending over, he glanced up to the girl across, who was kneeling on the ground, running a firm hand all over the unconscious boy's torso. Flinching as she gave out a low groan, Kai hurried to pick up the lifeless body off the ground, and as he tossed him over his shoulder, he started running, leaving her behind.

She waited. Sitting on the same spot that the boy was laying on, she observed how the grass had became black in a meter radius across her. Placing a hand on the dying ground, she closed her eyes and concentrated her eyes in an imagined spot in the centre of her nose, and listened. She could feel it, the darkness, the death lingering around her. Her hand felt warm and a moment later let out a soft golden glow which brought back the dark green color of the almost withered grass, slowly erasing any trace of darkness and misery.

She felt it, darkness was around her, waiting, mocking her just so that she would get angry and become weak. Darkness was waiting to consume its prey and if it had failed to get the boy, then she would be his replacement. Her head felt dizzy and her knees became weak. "Do you know me, child?" She heard a soft voice linger around her, sending chills down her spine. "I do." She whispered softly, and keeping her eyes closed, she remained calm. She heard a dark chuckle. "Then you know what I would do to you if I catch you."She didn't say a word. A sudden breeze swept by, hitting her body with an unusual force. "Daring, you are. We will meet soon," An icy cold hand brushed against her cheek. "I just can't wait to tear you apart, Yerin, Theia's chosen one." Goosebumps covered her body as she gave a deep exhale. He was gone. As tears poured uncontrollably down her cheeks, Yerin tried to get up, walking out of the former dead circle, which was replaced by dark green fresh grass.

Taking a deep breath in, she tied her hair in a new ponytail as the last one was almost ruined. She sighed as she began walking towards the castle, taking a mental note to jump into the bathtub as soon as she could reach her quarters, away from everything. She reeked of death.

Ignoring the gazes of people around her, she struggled her way up the stairs of the entrance hall, turning a sharp right to the east wing, where her room was located. Passing by the infirmary on her way there, she took a glance through the cracked door to see Kai waiting patiently, his sword leaned to the wall next to him. Following his gaze, she saw Rin, their healer, leaning over a young man's body which was laid to rest on the small bed next to the window. Right, the boy they had saved. The one Perses wanted.

Kai turned around and stared back at her. Judging by the way his eyes widened, Yerin suggested that she looked like a dead man walking. His gaze returned to normal immediately, and after he gave her a short nod in acknowledgment, she did the same before she continuing her way to her room.

The hallway was dark and silent and her steps were the only sound that was ringing through the hollow space. This castle was a gift, or a curse as she would say, from Theia, the Goddess of the Moon and Light. Five years ago the world was split in two and the everlasting fight between Light and Darkness emerged again, with Perses leading the underworld and everything unholy into a cold blooded hunt for people. In a matter a months everything she held dear was shattered and she was forced to seek for shelter at north, where Theia was waiting.

She gave her a gift, a curse and a blessing at the same time. Yerin could save from death, only to experience it herself later on in return. She could give life to nature after it had withered, only to feel remorse in doing so. Theia claimed that it would be all worth it once they win, Yerin couldn't believe her at all.

The Gods would come and go, check up on her, help her prepare for a war to end it all, they had promised. They promised that she would be free soon, however, five years later, she only experienced her one to one battles with darkness and it's representatives.

Yerin tried not to flinch as the water turned into blood as soon as she went in. Laying her head to rest on the edge of the bathtub, she left a tear roll down to her lips. She glanced at the mirror nearby and sighed. That was why she felt so much attention. Her lips were blue and her skin was pale white. Her eyes were crimson red and the veins on her collarbone were deep blue, making it hard for her to recognize herself. There were times where she wanted for herself to die, even if it meant for the world to shatter.

Perses told her they would meet soon. That meant that she would either die in his hands or be victorious. Beautiful.

He awoke and pain covered his body, clouding his mind. All he could do was scream desperately as darkness was entering his veins, blocking his lungs and making him desperately wish to die. His screams were sharp and painful, strong enough to shake the windows. Why was death so painful? He thought he had gone through this process already, he could swear that was dead.

"Let it through." Two firm hands held his shoulders as his body shook uncontrollably. "Let the darkness through at it will fade soon." His breathing softened and his body relaxed. The person was right, the darkness was gone and so was the pain.

"What is your name?" The person asked and he tried to open his eyes only to be greeted by a piercing white light. Upon instantly shutting his eyes, he groaned. "S-Sehun." He muttered, his throat as dry as a desert. A chuckle followed and a hand placed on his forehead. "Well, Sehun. You are a lucky one. Welcome to the family." Sehun stopped listening as he entered a deep slumber.

"How is he?" Yerin yawned as she adjusted the belt around her silk robe, giving it a tight knot around her waist. Kai opened the window that had a view to the endless garden which despite it's perfect vision, was most often used as training grounds and therefore destroyed. Good thing that Theia's nymphs weren't as angry as Yerin had imagined and managed to always transform the broken branches and ruined plants into their old state, as if they were never touched.

"Sleeping. He was breathing an hour ago, so I guess he is okay." Yerin let out a soft laugh and nodded. "That would be good enough, I guess." She ignored his gaze as she moved past him, only to be stopped by a sudden grip on her hand. "Yerin." She looked at him, his eyes locking with hers. "What happened today?" She let out a soft sigh and her gaze lowered to the ground. "I haven't seen you like this in a while." Walking behind her, he crawled his hand around her waist, holding her close. She gulped. "Perses was here." His fingers on her stomach curled, making her sense how alert he became against her. "Yes?" She leaned her head on his shoulder behind her. Gulping, she closed her eyes.

"He said he would meet us soon." 

 

So how was it? This is a first for me in that kind of supernatural so I am worried if I ruin something orz. Anyway, Fearless is a new story of mine, which I really like and have thought about for a while now. Comments are always appreciated and I look forward in seeing your opinions and pairings and honestly, everything! Thanks for reading!