WHFFSP: Chapter Nine

What He Felt For Sandara Park
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If it wasn't for her Bengal cat that was rubbing its face on her leg just to catch her attention, Dara would've still been in a trance. The bruised face of GD kept on flashing her mind no matter how hard she shoved it off. It made her wonder: will she be doing the right thing if she'll continue watching the videos or she's committing another mistake again that she might regret in the end? One of her many mistakes was to fall in love with him back then. Heck, she doesn't want to repeat that same mistake all over again. There's also one more thing. 

 

Why did they fight? Is it because of her? Or is she just overthinking?

 

But TOP had already assured her that she's okay, so maybe it was over something trivial and she doesn't want to talk to GD even if he's like the only one who could vouch for that.

 

"Dadoong," Tearing her gaze off the ceiling, she petted her cat as it purred. Today is a rest day. Since she had nothing to do, watching those videos should be one of her tasks for the day, but she's still deliberating. She can't find a good pastime to stop the apprehension that filled her and she's also all alone at the house. She doesn't even feel like going out just to make her day not mundane.

 

She was too absorbed of thinking things, that when her phone rang, it made her jump a bit. She reached for the phone that was tucked under a pillow to answer it. A warm feeling caressed her heart when she saw the caller. It was Bom.

 

"Darong!" Bom greeted in a high-pitched tone. "Are you busy this weekend?"

 

"No, Bommie. Why?"

 

"Good, good! I was thinking if we could have a sleepover at Chaerin's. I missed you guys." Bom said and Dara can't help but be delighted that she's going to see her fellow members again. Although they keep in contact every day through messages, they still miss each other so much since it's still different when you meet in person.

 

"Okay, I'm in! I really miss you too."

 

"That's great to hear! I'm gonna tell Chaerin and ask Minzy too! See you soon, Darong."

 

Dara smiled, "Can't wait! See you!" The call ended abruptly and she let out a sigh. She was anticipating for their upcoming sleepover, but her mind wandered back to what she was pondering now that she's grasping her phone in contemplation.

 

Will it be wrong for her to continue?

 

She carried Dadoong to its felted cat bed and went back to the couch. Lying down, she made herself comfortable as she started playing another video of him. It may be a foolish thing to do, but her curiosity still won't let her be. 

 

"You've reached the third video," For the third time, his face appeared on the screen and he eventually cracked a smile. He's sitting on a familiar white couch and the place he's at is dimly lit.

 

"I'm in D. Bridge. Seungri and Taeyang were here with me awhile ago," he added, answering the question she had in mind as if she inquired him personally.

 

So, that's why the place seems familiar to her. Dara already went to that place with TOP. He liked it there since they offer more exclusivity and an upscale experience. Lets also not forget the fact that he definitely prefers bubbly champagnes and wines over beers and cocktails. Perhaps, GD also rented out one of its luxurious private rooms like they did. It's a bit odd for Dara to see him chilling out in that place since he usually likes clubs with sweaty and rambunctious crowds that bops to cool music, and D. Bridge is not the right type of club to seek for a typical wild night out. But since he mentioned Seungri, that panda probably had introduced it to him since he's a frequent goer.

 

"Thank you for still watching this." He sighed as he leaned back on the couch. "I'm trying explaining everything, divulging the series of events in my life that has been connected to you and unfolding all of what I have felt through the years as well."

 

"It's not easy," he mumbled.

 

Hearing these things from you is also isn't easy, Jiyong. However, she can't bring herself to cease from watching. Is it normal for her to be this way? She felt like she had the right for all these explanations.

 

"The last time, I talked about one of the darkest moments of my life, and also about how Kiko and I started a relationship in 2009. In addition to that, our relationship has been smooth-sailing until 2011." Here he goes again. She didn't like hearing the progress of their relationship, but she had long been eager to know about what they had gone through.

 

"I guess, the most significant event that happened in that year was when you chose me over Seunghyun-hyung." He chuckled, and it made her flustered. There's something with the tone of his voice and the sound of his chuckle that made Dara think that he's teasing her. Sheesh. Why does he have to remind her again about that time? It was one of the greatest regrets she had in life.

 

"Frankly speaking, I didn't take it seriously when I first heard of it. I was thinking it wasn't a big deal since the only choice you had was me and Seunghyun-hyung, so technically, you would choose me because you two were still awkward around each other that time." He admitted and Dara was a bit irked at that. It took her much courage to pick him and say those things, only for him to take it ever so lightly.

 

"But you know, I can't help but be slightly rejoiced hearing you say that I'd make an ideal boyfriend. I never knew that because of that gesture, you'd finally take notice of me, not as a brother, but as a man. In the back of my mind, I was thinking... What if you do like me? What if I do stand a chance, after all? Something stirred up within me at that thought. But soon enough, reality came crashing down on me. I'm already with Kiko and I am in love with her." Her heart softened and its getting prickled by his words. She remembered how he would from the past, and she took it as a rejection for what seemed like a confession she did indirectly. It seemed like that way since he was poking fun at her for it.

 

"I was teasing you after that since I don't want things to get awkward between us. I'm deeply regretting it now. I find it quite insensitive. I'm sorry for that." Yeah, right. What a nice solution you got under your sleeves. You should've said that years ago.

 

"Then, there's one thing I noticed that time..." He trailed off. The corner of his lips tugged into a lopsided smile. "It's Seunghyun-hyung's growing interest towards you. I even when he seemed a bit jealous when you chose me over him." Dara's eyebrows raised in the course of his narrative. The topic incited interest in her.

 

GD laughed, "He was still in denial that time, saying that he already has a girlfriend and that he only joked in the interview for laughs. I didn't believe him since I would notice how he would say mindlessly, 'Don't you think, Dara is cute?', 'Wow, Dara looks beautiful,' 'Her dorky side is entertaining!' and so on..." Obviously, he was drunk but sober enough to film this and ramble.

 

Now, it's shedding light why TOP began to be friendly towards her back in the past. Her cheeks turned into a pinkish hue, the blooming color was lovely on her skin.

 

 

 

(2011)

 

"Hyung, she's going to melt if you keep on staring," GD muttered under his breath after witnessing the lingering gaze of TOP on Dara who was sitting in front of him. YG was presiding the meeting, but TOP couldn't care less as his eyes were all on her.

 

"What are you talking about?" TOP got startled and turned to Jiyong like he just snapped out of his reverie.

 

"You're looking at her too much."

 

TOP's eyebrows knitted together, "Are you implying something?"

 

"I'm getting suspicious of you, hyung. You seem to like her."

 

"No, I don't!" He whisper-yelled. "And I'm not looking at her. I was only mulling over some things and she just happened to sit in front of me while I was doing so."

 

"Uh-huh, you're thinking about how her beauty seems so ethereal despite her frowning and how it's like if she were your girlfriend."

 

"Yeah—wait, what? No!" He denied, but he already got caught by GD the moment he slipped on his tongue. He's inwardly laughing at the silliness of TOP's actions. "In case you forgot, I already have a girlfriend."

 

GD shook his head in amusement. TOP is already having problems with his actress girlfriend. They're not going to stay any longer and would probably break up anytime soon, but instead of voicing that out, he stopped to put an end to their banter. "If you say so..."

 

"Then, you better stop looking at her." He said with a chuckle after seeing how he chanced a glance at Dara again, making TOP hiss.

 

The meeting soon adjourned after matters were discussed about each group's comeback plans and activities. As they all got out, GD Noticed how TOP would have this constrained laugh when they were walking in the hallway. He looked ahead to check where the eyes of his hyung are glued at. And there he found Dara goofing around with Bom. The two were so noisy that their shrieks would resonate around the hallway.

 

It's absolutely confirmed, then. TOP is smitten over Dara, but he doesn't realize this yet.

 

"Dara is quite funny, huh?" TOP said mindlessly. 

 

"Yeah, she's always like that. A total dork." GD agreed while laughing.

 

"It's quite surprising since I always deemed her to be someone who is quiet."

 

"She's pure, innocent and kind as well."

 

"Yes and well-mannered too!" GD really wanted to laugh at how TOP doesn't realize what he's saying and what it all meant.

 

He replied, "She's definitely on your radar, hyung."

 

In those instances, he already took notice of TOP's budding attraction towards her.

 

 

 

 

"Seunghyun-hyung was so obvious with his endless praises about you and those curious glances I would notice. My hunch was proven right when I told the members about it, and he eventually admitted that he likes you. He already broke up with his girlfriend when he did. But then, even with that, you two haven't got together that time, so I didn't know if he was already pursuing you because you two didn't seem to hang out a lot." He downed a shot of liquor, the camera panning as he did so since he was holding the phone with his other hand.

 

"I'm so curious about when you two became close. I didn't expect you guys to date since I thought he wouldn't act on his feelings, nor did I expect you to like him back."

 

TOP started sending her messages around 2011, they were a bit awkward at first but later became close. Dara never knew he liked her until 2013 since it was the time when he finally confessed to her. She was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter