WHFFSP: Chapter Six

What He Felt For Sandara Park
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


(2013)

 

There were a lot of people in the Noise Basement club for BIGBANG's after party, wrapping up their Alive Tour. In fact, there are so many beautiful and y ladies dancing and drinking all over the place. But among the sea of crowded people dancing vigorously to the techno music, TOP only had his gaze fixed on a particular lady at the dance floor below him. Actually, it happens every time. Even in a huge crowd, his eyes will always find her. He leaned on the railing as he watched GD introduce his girlfriend to her. He wished he didn't do that because the lady was no other than Sandara Park. He studied her expression... her eyes lit up as she saw them and she was smiling brightly as they engaged in a conversation.

 

. Why is she smiling?

 

It was like she's really happy for the two as she talked to them cheerfully. She can smile and laugh; she can act like everyone else. But he knew better. She's in excruciating emotional pain. Seeing someone you love with someone else is like torture. What more if you have to act perfectly fine when you're right in front of them? However, in front of the couple, there was no hint of pain in her smile at all. She painted a ray of sunshine all over her face. She's indeed a good actress

And he hates it. He hates it when she acts that way. Pretending to be happy like there's nothing wrong. He doesn't want her to be that way. Why can't no one notice it?

 

With one last chug of the shot of liquor, he went downstairs and marched towards the three who immediately acknowledged him after sensing his presence. He can't feign ignorance anymore.

 

"Seunghyun!" Kiko chirped and hugged him abruptly. She was happy to see him again. The two were so close during his collaboration with GD. They would hang out during their promotions as the "GD & TOP" duo in Japan but they were not able to keep in touch afterward. "Congratulations to BIGBANG's successful Alive Tour. As expected, it couldn't get any better."

 

"Thanks, it's nice to see you again Kiko." TOP politely replied. He shifted his gaze from her to Dara. She looked a bit fidgety because of his arrival, making him crestfallen. Through the years, the only constant thing that kept on happening between the two of them is awkwardness. They kept on being enveloped by awkwardness, albeit they have this notion to be friendlier towards each other. "What were you three talking about here?"

 

Kiko momentarily glanced at Dara as she explained, "Ah, I'm trying to befriend Dara-chan. I was thinking if she could come hang out with us next week in Japan."

 

She faced Dara with a grin, "Will you come with us Dara-chan?"

 

TOP could see that Dara was taken aback at first. She wasn't able to respond instantly and chewed her inner cheeks. Perhaps, she was deliberating whether or not she should accept the invitation. He wanted her to refuse and make an excuse. But considering the kind of person she is, would she really do that?

 

"You should come," GD said. Just like that, the corner of her lips tugged into a smile. Yeah, she's smiling again. But that can't fool me. As he looked into her eyes, he could see that she's already breaking inside. So before she could even nod in agreement, TOP beat her to it.

 

"She can't," He interjected, surprising them.

 

"Why not?" GD asked while looking at his hyung strangely. It was quite odd for him to chime in. Besides, how would TOP know that Dara can't attend the party?

 

"She just can't," He reasoned out, hoping that they won't ask any further questions. Fortunately, they didn't but he caught them exchanging puzzled glances. He doesn't know if it's the alcohol kicking in that makes him feel somewhat courageous. The next thing he did was even more surprising. He held Dara's hand, ignoring the crinkle in her brows when he did so.  He just wanted them to get away from GD and Kiko. He can't stand seeing her that way.

 

"I'll be taking her." He said, flashing a smile at them before dragging Dara out of there. He took her back to the second floor where he was at just awhile ago since there are fewer people huddled up there. He let go of her hand when they reached up and he faced her. Dara's cheeks were flushed as she looked at TOP in bewilderment. Just by looking at her up close, he already ran out of words to say. He became speechless, captivated by her beauty. 

 

Unbeknownst to them, the couple was observing them from the dance floor. GD's eyes darted back and forth at two, wondering what could they be talking about. "Seunghyun must be interested in Dara-chan," Kiko remarked after much discernment which made her boyfriend to look at her. 

 

"Eh?" GD's eyebrows furrowed.

 

"But how could that be possible? Those two seldom interact with each other." He mused, only to receive a shrug from Kiko as a response.

 

"Let's just leave them be. Let's dance babe." Kiko yanked him, hauling him closer towards the DJ to gyrate to the loud music with the strobe lights flashing many different colors and patterns over them. In just a few moments, the troubled thoughts he had was neglected as he got immersed into partying up with his girlfriend.

 

And so he let them be, clueless of how the incident could actually lead into the two's closeness and how it could lead to him and Dara to slowly drift apart.

 

 

 

 

I felt the heat searing my cheeks and for a minute I thought my cheeks were on fire. I suddenly felt awkward, demure, and coy; even going as far as breaking off our gaze at each other and look away to scratch my nape. Argh. Get a grip of yourself, Choi Seunghyun!

 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that..." I trailed off. With what I've done, for sure, she'll grow wary of me and I don't want that to happen. We're already awkward around each other. I'll be devastated if it gets worse.

 

"But I can't stand it." I finished my sentence, trying to muster up the courage to tell her about the reason behind my actions.

 

"W-why?" I heard her stutter, making my gaze travel back to her again. Enough of the cowardice, Seunghyun. If I don't make a move now, nothing's gonna happen. 

 

"I know that you like Jiyong," I said, rather reluctantly. Her eyes widened but she was able to regain composure quickly as she faked a laugh. That laugh... She can fool anyone with that but not me. I was always watching her from afar as she would look at GD. During our stay in Manila for the Alive concert there, I've even witnessed what happened between the two of them. For years, I envied GD and seeing Dara in pain makes me feel the same way too. I despise this envious feeling since GD is already like a brother to me. I can't stand seeing her pretending. I wanted her to fall in love with me instead. I wanted to be that person whom she could love and could love her back. I wanted to be that person whom she could freely talk about the things she could not tell anyone and not bottle it all up to herself. I wanted to be that person so she could finally stop pretending and be honest not just to herself but to people around her. I could be that person... if she'll only let me.

 

"What are you talking about, Seunghyun?"

 

"I already know so don't deny it," I muttered. She bit her lips whilst struggling to look at me directly. We were bathed in silence and it's really suffocating. I've loved her for so long. But I wasn't able to confess my feelings since I noticed that he liked Jiyong. Because the way she stared at him was totally different. Heck, I would do everything just to make her look at me the same way she looks at Jiyong.

 

"How did you find out?" She asked after a while which made me relieved.

 

Just before I could restrain myself, I found myself saying, "Because I'm always looking at you."

 

went agape and I wasn't able to stop myself anymore. The words just flew out as our gazes locked at each other. "When you had your eyes set on Jiyong, I had mine set on you." I continued, rendering her speechless. As I kept on staring at her, I noticed that her cheeks were suddenly kissed pink like a spring rose, the blooming color was so cute against her porcelain skin.

 

My heart is pounding fiercely against my chest. Wait a minute... Did I just profess my love for her?

 

"Ah, sorry. It sounds like a confession." I apologized but I still couldn't drop my eyes off her even just for a moment. She was like a magnet, drawing me towards her. I could feel my face getting hot all over again.

 

"Yeah, it surely does." She responded and broke into a fit of laughter. I was fighting back a smile as I scratched my head. Did I look and sound so silly?

 

On the spur of the moment, I fell in love with her even harder.

 

On the spur of the moment, it was the beginning of something special.

 

 

 

 

When Dara finished eating her breakfast, she went to the living room and sat comfortably on the couch. It was still early in the morning but she already dolled herself up. She just now needs to wait for Seunghyun's message. Since she still has time, she got her cell phone from the coffee table and decided to watch another video messa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter