Fallen 2

All We Know Is Falling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fallen 2

Dara is in the car going somewhere with her friends. She doesn’t know where they are going. Her decision of going out of the city is sudden after a heated argument with Chaerin. She just feels like escaping first because if they continue arguing, it might lead to something they would regret.

“ Hey! Dara, are you OK?”, one of her friends asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Don’t mind me; I’m just kind of sleepy. Is it OK if I sleep for a while?”, Dara pretends to yawn.

“Of course, come on, lean on my shoulder”

Though the car they are into are covered with loud music and laughter, she knows her heart was not there with her. She left it in the city.

Earlier ago…

They were together in a party for the success of their friend’s newly open business. They were seated on the same table and happily having their dinner and happily chit-chatting with their friends. Holding each other’s hands, whispering words and then burst out laughing. Sometimes, Chearin will wrap herm arms around Dara’s shoulders or when she will notice a guy eyeing Dara, she will hug her by the waist.

After a while, Chaerin excused herself to go to the wash room. There was a line so it took her time. When she goes back, there was Dara being back hugged by a girl through her shoulder. A strike of jealousy suddenly hits her.

As she went nearer, she recognized that the girl who was hugging Dara was the latter’s friend.  Dara has been spending time with that “clingy” friend of her since she arrived at Korea for a month of work together with their other common friends. She’s not telling or telling Dara that she feels irritated every time the latter will share stories of how her day had been with her friends. She doesn’t feel comfortable with that girl being all clingy to Dara.

When she reached the table, she’s off-mood can be seen clearly on her face. Dara frown a bit and escape from her friend’s hug clueless of what Chaerin is feeling.

“Baby, what’s wrong? Did something happen there in the wash room?”, Dara whispers to Charin.

“Are you bored? You want to go home now?”

Chaerin just staring at her cocktail glass.

“Uhmm, just few more minutes, OK baby? Then we will go home. My friends just arrived. Come, I will introduce you to them, it’s your first time seeing them, right?”, clueless Dara offers while holding Chaerin’s one hand.

Chaerin being in a bad mood unintentionally snapped Dara’s hand on hers.

“What’s wrong with you?!”, Dara whispers, starting to get annoyed. Chaerin’s mood swings lately really giving her a headache.

“Just spend time with your friends. You didn’t saw them for a long time, right?”, Chaerin said with her cold tone.

Dara just sigh and left her to avoid argument. She went to her friend and spent a few minutes talking and laughing. When she checked Chaerin on their seat, she’s not there already. Again she frowns and went to their table and asked a common friend where Chaerin is. She went out looking for Chaerin but found their driver instead.

They talked for a while and an irritated expression can be seen on Dara’s face. She went inside and bid goodbye to her friend who held the party and then leave.

In the car . . .

Dara: Why are you like that Chaerin? Why the sudden change of mood? You could have told me that you want to go home. I was worried when I didn’t saw you on our seat.

Chaerin: Really? You seem like enjoying.

Dara: Really, tell me what’s up? Baby…

Dara trying to be calm and patient with Chaerin. But. . .

Chaerin: I’m tired.

Chaerin closed her eyes and cover her face with her jacket. That’s it. That act  emptied all Dara’s patience for the day.

Dara: Oppa! Dropped me off in my apartment!

Chaerin suddenly snapped. With the same intense mad tone Dara used, Chaerin shouted.

Chaerin: No! You will sleep in my apartment tonight! Oppa, drive us in my apartment!

This is serious, she knows she won’t win. Chaerin go back to her “sleep” when Dara just stared at her blankly. She felt guilt somehow when she raised her voice. She saw Dara’s teary eyes. But she can’t control what she feels.

Dara was confused. Just an hour ago they are happy and being sweet. She knows Chaerin was being protective when the latter was hugging her waist back at the party. She loves that side of Chaerin, being extra sweet not minding the people around and all the eyes that are on them.

 

“Ahhhh! Those guys! Could it be?”, Dara whispers to herself. She really feels frustrated with Chaerin’s sudden change of mood.

“But I didn’t do anything. Aisht! What’s with this woman?!”

Giving up from thinking on what went wrong, she wiped the tears on her face. She just stayed quiet until they got in Chaerin’s apartment.

Chaerins Apartment . . .

When they arrived at the apartment, Chaerin slump her body on the couch. Dara went directly to the bedroom while stomping her feet. She’s now feeling annoyed because Chaerin is still ignoring her.

Meanwhile, Chaerin feeling guilty on shouting at Dara earlier but she still feels mad. Jealousy really her. She’s contemplating whether to talk it with Dara that she’s jealous with that Dara’s clingy friend.

“Isn’t it strange to be jealous with her friend? For sure, she will tell me that they are just friends and they are close since whenever. But still… Aisht! She doesn’t need to hug her like that. She knew Dara is already with me?! What if she has something for Dara and she’s taking advantage of them being friends?!”, Chaerin’s talking to herself. Her thoughts were interrupted by Dara’s voice.

“What are you mumbling there?”, says Dara on her usual calm voice. She decided to talk to Chaerin first.

Chaerin being shocked and still the jealousy over her stand abruptly and goes to the direction of the bedroom without saying anything.

“Aisht, what’s wrong with you? Mind you to tell me?! I’m like a stupid here trying to approach you and you’ll just walk away like that?”

“Fine! If you are not going to talk, I’m going home.” Dara just blurted out.

Chaerin suddenly stop on her step and look deeply at her. She can’t control her emotions now.

“Don’t you dare leave from this house”, says Chaerin in a warning tone. But despite that, Dara walks to the door and about to open it when Chaerin shut it closed and held Dara’s wrist.

“ I said don’t leave, right?!”

Tears are now slowly streaming on Dara’s face, she didn’t imagine that they will have this kind of fight. Her hopes were high that they’ll settle it before the night ends but Chaerin is not cooperating.

In a weak tone Dara said, “Don’t touch me. I hate you. Don’t come near me.”

Her tears continue flowing while standing there. Chaerin woke up from her madness and realized what she has done. She raised her voice to Dara twice now and that never happened before.

“What’s wrong with me?”, Chaerin talks to herself.

She step closer to Dara and was about to hug her. “Baby, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to shout. I’m-.”

But Dara pushes her away. “No! Stop. You don’t want to talk, right? Then don’t talk to me. Don’t come close to me. I don’t care. Whether you like it or not, I’m leaving.”, Dara says with her cold tone.

She went out of Chaerin’s apartment and hailed a cab.”

And the next thing she knew, she accepted her friends’ invitation to join them in a road trip going out on the city.

Chaerin tried to stop her that time but Dara is persistent. She just ends up sitting on the doorstep. Her tear starts to flow at the same time hearing a cab driving away. Her head is aching on what’s happening.

“It’s my entire fault.”

 

 

The next morning, Chaerin had bags under her eyes. She barely sleeps. She tried to call Dara. She sent her number of messages. She even went to the latter’s apartment but she’s not there. She starts to feel worried. According to the guard of the apartment complex, Dara didn’t come yet. She gets up and decided to call Bom, their friend.

“Chaerin! Do yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter