Fallen 1

All We Know Is Falling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fallen 1

2 missed calls. . .

“Baby Rin” Calling…

3 missed calls. . .

Dara was too busy chit-chatting and laughing with friends. It’s been weeks she’s been busy with work and her friends want to have some time together with her before she left and become busier. Yes. She has planned to leave for a vacation, to follow her happiness.

On the other side of the world, Chaerin is busy doing editing stuffs in the studio. Everyone can notice that she is not in a good mood. She wears a serious face. She’s not even laughing nor smiling whenever someone is throwing a joke. During break, she’s busy with her phone, trying to call Dara but no one is picking the phone. That made her more pissed.

Early morning on Chaerin’s time, she received a message from Dara that the latter would be out for dinner with friends including Dara’s new-found-Korean-model-friends and she’ll be late on going home. Chaerin hate the idea of going home late but she can’t prevent Dara though. She doesn’t want Dara to think that she’s being authoritarian. She sent back a message to Dara and until now the latter still not replying and that makes her mood off.

Meanwhile, after a festive dinner and hours of hearty talks and laughs, she managed to excuse herself to go back to her car. On the first hour of their exchanging of stories she almost face palmed herself after realizing that she left her phone in her car. Her friends are holding her up telling her that it’s been a while they’ve been out for some bonding moments and she has to have fun. To make it fair, they turned off all their phones and set it in one table. That convince Dara not to get her phone immediately but as time passes she can’t help but to feel uneasy.

When she reached her car. . .

7 missed calls. . .

13 messages. . .

She opened messages from Chaerin and it reads:

(received 18:00KST) OK. But don’t go home too late. And don’t drive. Ask Manager Oppa to drive for you. OKz?! Have fun and take care.

(received 18:40KST) I was calling you. Where you guys going to have dinner anyway?

(received 19:00KST) Are you there already? Why aren’t you answering? ><

(received 21:30KST) So, you are that busy?!

 

That message makes Dara’s uneasiness grow more. She can imagine her Baby Rin’s serious face. She hopped in her car and decided to call Chaerin. It is already past 10PM and for sure Chaerin will get mad even more because first, she was not able to answer her calls, second, it’s already kind of late and she’s still not at home and third, she didn’t ask Manager Oppa to drive for her. Dara’s frowning now while waiting for her call to connect.

Her first attempt of call was unanswered.

She tried again and after the 2nd ring, silence.

Dara: Hey, baby!

Hey, why aren’t you speaking? I miss your voice. Speak now.

Aigoo. I’m so so sorry baby. I know you’re mad. I’m sorry. (Dara started to explain why she wasn’t able to answer Chaerin’s call and messages)

Chaerin: Where are you now?

Dara: In my car.

Chaerin: Yeah, so where is your car that you are in now? Are you at home already? Who drive you home?

Dara: Aisht, baby! What’s with the cold tone? I’m still in t. . .

Chaerin: So you’re still with your friends? Do you know what time is it now? Are you with Manager Oppa? No?

Dara: Stop nagging at me first. Let’s me explain, I know it’s my fault and I’m sorry. I’m . . .

Chaerin: No Dara. You know I hate when you do this. Since last last day you went home late and will just send me a message saying you are too tired to call. Of course, I understand that you are from work but now?! Aisht! Who will drive you home?!

Dara’s not sure what to feel. Chaerin is on her nagging mode. She doesn’t know if she will be irritated or feel happy. Nagging Chaerin is cute for her. She’s trying not to giggle. Thinking that after 24 hours or so she can meet eye to eye her baby Rin again, her lips form a smile automatically. She had planned this. To finish her work schedules in Korea and had requested a week of vacation to be with her happiness, her love.

Chaerin: What now?!

Dara: Yeah baby, sorry, I’ll drive myself. Don’t worry I can manage. It’s just a 15 minutes’ drive from my apartment. Please don’t be mad anymore, I’ll go home now. I’ll just bid goodbye to them OK?

Dara: OK. I’ll hang up now? I’ll call you again when I get home?

Chaerin still on her sulking mode.

Chaerin: No, just send me a message. I’m busy.

Dara: Why? You don’t miss me?!

A knock on the car window can be heard, It’s Dara’s friend.

Dara: Baby Rin, I have to go now, I’ll message you ASAP, OK?! Take care!

Beep.

That’s it. And then, blag! Chaerin dropped her phone. Annoyed that Dara didn’t even bother to pursue her.

Dara’s f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter