Entr'acte

Catch 22
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

 

 

 

Δ

 

Phone rings.

 

Two, three, four, five times.

 

A boy picks up the phone.

 

“Hello Kyungsoo,” beams from the other line.

 

“Who the is calling me at this hour?” Kyungsoo grumbles.

 

The boy on the other line – although quite intoxicated – is taken aback. “Gosh dude, it’s just 10pm. Calm down.”

 

“Who are you?” his ears are ringing from the loud music blaring from the other line. “And why the is it so loud out there?”

 

“Don’t remember my voice? This is Kai the great, Chanyeol’s friend,” the other boy answers. “And I’m in the club right now.”

 

“Well you better get out of there if you want to talk, else I’m hanging up,” Kyungsoo taunts. Kai is quick to comply.

 

“Okay, okay gee. Wait,” he makes his way through the sea of gyrating people. Kyungsoo listens silently as Kai seems to greet every single person he passes by. He rubs the sleep off his eye and grumbles to himself on why he should be disturbed from his snooze when he has an early appointment tomorrow.

 

Suddenly, Kai yells in delight and it appears to Kyungsoo that he’s bumped with someone he knows. He hears a girl’s name, and an equally thrilled squeal from the gal. This time, Kyungsoo listens to his every spurt of words, seething in fury.

 

Kyungsoo hangs up the phone. He sends a quick text and throws the phone to the foot of his bed. He buries himself in his pillows, and wishes his sleep not to be disturbed again.  

 

Just as he’s on the brink of slumber, his phone starts ringing again.

 

“ARGGGGHHH” Kyungsoo screams in frustration. He picks the phone up once again and answers.

 

“If you’re ting me again, Kai, I swear to god, I’ll have you skewered with a stick!” he blurts out.

 

“Kai?” the other line mutters. It’s a hushed, husky monotone and it doesn’t take Kyungsoo much to realize it wasn’t Kai.

 

And he’s pretty sure who it was.

 

“Oh. Hi Suho. I’m sorry I had to shout at you like that,” Kyungsoo says, bringing his usual cold demeanor back. Deep inside, however, he’s already pleadin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter