"Amantes sunt amentes"

Inside the Asylum

After Youngjae left, Daehyun went inside the kitchen to check on JB and Junior, the chef.

"How's your first day on the ocean?" Junior questioned. 

Daehyun pulled a chair by the table and sat as he rested his elbows on the table. "It's fine." the co-captain gave a faint reply. 

JB poured pineapple juice in a glass and offered it to Daehyun, "I see that you've made friends with one of our passengers."

"Who? Oh...Youngjae?"

"Uhuh...you two look like you've known each other for years. Judging by the way you look and talk to him." JB said, sitting beside him.

"How'd you know that? Were you there?"

"Junior is! I mean, he's peeking at you two and squealing like a girl over here."

Daehyun made a 'creeped out' sound before he took a sip of his pineapple juice.

Junior stopped washing the dishes to come over the table and stare at Daehyun eye to eye. "Do you like him?".

The golden-brunette almost choked on his drink. He stood up from his seat and cleaned off the spilled liquid off his uniform.

"If you do, I have to tell you, that guy's better than that other guy you used to like."

"Yeah, he looks like the perfect match for you. Hehehehe." JB supported his friend while wiping over the spilled juice on the table.

Daehyun tried to keep a calm expression

"Pfft....guys, I just got a job so I have to focus on it first. Amantes sunt amentes."

Junior grinned at him as he washed the dishes. "We got an italian workaholic right here." 

"It's latin.....And finish those dishes faster! We're almost there." Daehyun commanded and bolted out the door, exiting the room without another word.

 

JB immediately smacked Junior by his neck after the co-captain left.

"I knew it! We should've told him earlier. Now look at what happened." JB said in anger.

"What happened?"

"He made friends with a passenger you moron! You even ship them..."

"What? Didn't he said they were just friends? And that he'll prioritize work." Jr. replied while he massaged his neck.

"Yeah, I know he said that but you asked some ty 'do you like him' question out of nowhere. What if he does? Then it would be ten times harder to persuade him to lea-"

"Don't panic! Captain Wu would be able to convince him after he explains the situation." Jr. shouted before JB could finish.

"You know Dae, he's righteous and he.believes whatever his brother, who is also righteous, told him before. I don't think he'll agree with us."

"Do you mean we aren't righteous?"

"..."

"We have no other choice anyway. Do we?"

JB sighed. "I just don't know how will he react to this. I have an eerie feeling that something bad might happen..."

Junior gave the other a cold stare, he stopped doing the dishes and dried his hands on a towel. "He'll follow the Captain's orders. He has to."

 

Jackson knocked on the door of the trainee's room. He checked his watch, it was 12:40. Sehun opened the door for him.

"Are you ready?" the instructor asked while he peeked over the tall blonde's shoulders.

"I am!" Jimin shouted behind Sehun, who stepped back to give way.

"Let me remind you, don't forget to bring the important stuff like your paper and pens. Also, don't forget a bottle of water. And don't bring too much, it'll be heavy." He said while he strolled around to check each and everyone of them.

On another side of the room, Youngjae packed everything he needed. Arranging his notebook, ballpen, flashlight, water bottle and his phone neatly in the bag, the brunette was satisfied by how light-weight his bag is.

Unlike Youngjae, Kyungsoo carried a large bag that carried various emergency gadgets such as first aid kit and a flashlight.

"That's a lot. I think you should leave some behind." Youngjae suggested as he poked the bag.

"I want to stay prepared, who knows what can happen." the shorter explained. Kyungsoo remained inside the room to double check his things while his companions head out.

 

The majestic view of the island graced everyone's eyes as they came out to the deck. They stood near the edge of the boat to have a better view of the building. Youngjae clenched on the railings tightly and as the boat came closer to a halt, he felt like his heart would stop. Suddenly he was surprised by a pair of hands giving him a comforting back-rub. It was Himchan, he beamed at Youngjae in an attempt to ease his conscience. The brunette returned a smile and inhaled the urban-scented breeze, trying to calm down.

 

"Welcome passengers to the abandoned yet still staggering island of the Angel Cures Asylum." a voice greeted from the speakers, who Youngjae easily recognized to be Daehyun's. Although the speakers gave a not-so-clear sound, that soothing voice was clearly his.

At that point, everyone tried not to be pushed away by the force that came along as the boat sets to a standstill. It's horn honked the same sound as it did when it arrived earlier.

"We hope you enjoy your time."

 

Captain Wu approached Jackson while he stood by the stairs. "Sorry for the delay, sir." he apologized. 

"What? I didn't even noticed..." Jackson replied, unaware of the captain's mistake. "Anyways, we'll be back at 5 or 6 o' clock." he continued.

Jackson lead the other journalists as he took the stairs down first. Hoseok scooched beside Yoongi, making it hard for them to walk down and annoying his friend at the same time. Sehun checked his pockets and his bag for his phone but he seems to be missing it. The blonde was too lazy to check it back in the room so he just decided to leave without it.

Kyungsoo struggled to carry the weight of his bag down the small steps when the brunette felt something lift the load away. 

"Let me help you with that." Jongin insisted.

"Thank you."

The white-haired worker carried the bag all the way down. Kyungsoo's expression brightened at the tall man's courteous act. "Thank you so much, Mr. Jongin." the shorter one repeated, he felt embarrassed for calling him too formally. 

"Just doing my job." Jongin flashed a smile and made his way back to the boat.

 

Daehyun entered the deck to bid farewell to the passengers. The other crew members were also waving goodbye. The journalists were all finally on the island and they started to walk towards the asylum, being led by Jackson. Youngjae turned around to see Daehyun who was gazing at him while waving goodbye. The brunette returned the gesture and walked to their destination with light footsteps.

 

 

Author's note: LONG AF!

Amantes sunt amentes is a latin word that my friend taught me. It means lovers are lunatics...not showin' off.....just figured I should, like, share my knowledge around here! Lol hehehe.

Anyways, I felt the need to explain that hair color of the characters. Of course, I kinda made it clear what hair color belongs to who but I'm gonna list 'em up for ya so you don't get confused or something....

 

[WARNING: this is a crappy list of their hair colors, which I frequently use to describe them, DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T CARE (not angry): 

Youngjae  (brown)

Daehyun  (golden brown)

Kai  (white cuz I think he's hot during overdose era)

Taehyung  (orange yep that's Boy in luv era)

Suga  (pink -I need u, actually I liked dope era better but I've started this story before that so you know...)

Jhope  (brown although I probably haven't mentioned it in the story yet...)

Jimin  (dark brown)

Mark  (red - hot color, like him!)

Jackson  (black - not mentioned also and I kinda imagine him with a hat. Those kinds he usually wears)

Himchan  (black, also not mentioned lol)

Sehun  (blonde!)

Kyungsoo  (brown)

I didn't put the others though...