Unexpected Visitor

What We Once Were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      Hand in hand, Sandara and I go into Krescendo where the two singers will be awaiting us. Just as we step inside, a huge commotion at the far corner of the pub catch our attention. People swarm around a table, all yelling unfathomable Korean.

      Dara squeezes my hand. I look back at her, and she tilts her head, pouting. “What’s going on?”

      “I don’t know,” I shrug, searching for our friends, yet I don’t see any traces of them. “Youngbae and Daesung should have been here by now. Where are they?”

      She doesn’t answer, and I can feel her small hand twisting around in mine. I sneak a glance at her, only to find her rotating her neck, absorbing the aroma of the brownish lively pub. “It’s a pretty place,” she mumbles to herself. Her short hair falls right below her ears as she throws her head back, staring at the decorated ceiling. I gulp.

      “Did we use to come here often?”

      It takes me a while to realize that she had addressed me, so when she glances sideways at me, I clear my throat. “Yes, we all used to hang out here every once in a while.”

      She nods slowly. “More than Canary Café?”

      “Baby girl,” I smirk, and wink at her when she smiles at the nickname. “Canary Café was just ours. We spent nearly all our time there.”

      Before she says anything in return, the loud commotion at the back starts making its way to us. “Oh my God,” a girl screeches right behind me and I wince, grabbing Dara’s hand tighter and pulling her next to me. “Are you G-Dragon? The Kwon Jiyong?”

      “You know me?”  I frown and turn to address the young giggly girl, because in my short career, no one has recognized me in public.

      “Duh,” another girl sing songs.  I fight the urge to roll my eyes as to not offend the growing group of students. “Like, who in SNU doesn’t know you? You’re an amazing producer.”

      “Mm, Thank you.”

      Another girl pushes her way forward, and I grow protective of Dara. I cradle her to my side with my whole arm over her shoulder. “G-Dragon ssi! Are you here with Taeyang and D-Lite?”

      “Um, yes. Are they here?” That would make the previous commotion at the back makes sense. They did reach here before us.

      “See,” A draggy voice yells out. “I told you all that they were friends. They were in the same batch!”

      I furrow my brows, taken aback by how well these kids seem to know me and my group of acquaintances. Dara squeezes my hand as the crowd grows louder and bigger, and I get the point. Turning to my front, I wrap my arms around both her shoulders. “Excuse me, but we’ll get going.”

      “Oh My God,” the first girl comes up to my face, and I feel Dara holding in her breath. I sigh. “Is this your girlfriend?”

      “Please,” I say through gritted teeth, shoving her as gently as possible. “Let us through.”

      “I think I know her,” a random girl blocks our way and tries to catch Dara’s eyes. “Aren’t you Park Sandara?”

      “What?” she mumbles, more tense than before. I close my eyes for a minutes, clearing my mind.

      “Yes, you are!” she goes on, and I open my eyes to see her jumping up and down. “You’re the ballerina that Coach Fabian keeps talking about!”

      “You’re the one who got into the car accident on the night of her final showcase?”

      “But, I’ve heard that she’s now engaged to Dean Choi. Why would she be with someone else?”

      Everyone starts discussing the matter, throwing question after question at her. She becomes stone still, her eyes cast downwards, and I do my best to keep us moving despite the furious crowd.

      “I’m sorry, I don’t know who you’re talking about.” She gulps, moving along and tugging at my arm around her shoulder. “Please, let us through.”

      I don't wait for a response as I push the both of us out of the group of girls who still try to get our attention. Cranking my head over the dozens of heads, I see Youngbae and Daesung sat at a table. To my surprise, a very confused Lee Seunghyun, is watching us next to them.

      “You okay?” I whisper into Dara’s ears, and she shakes her head slightly. I take a deep breath and hold her in closer.

      “What a mob, huh?” Daesung grins when we get there, eyes cast on my arms around Dara’s shoulder before snapping back to me. “Before they saw you, they were molesting Youngbae hyung and I for autographs.”

      “What did they want with you anyways?” Youngbae furrows his brows. He looks back and forth between me and a slightly shaken Sandara, tilting his head. "Did something happen?"

      Before I could say anything, Dara breaks her silence with a tiny smile. “Nothing important,” she chuckles. Behind her high pitched comment, I notice a slight crack in her voice. “I think they’re fans of Jiyong.”

      “Of course they are,” I follow along as we sit down, and I drape my arm behind her chair. Without anyone noticing, I rub gentle circles on her back, calming her down. “I’m a genius,” I wink.

      “Sure you are,” She scoffs, and everyone else holds in their laughter, except for the recording artist who is silently observing both Sandara and I. It then registers in me that he is oblivious of the relationship between Dara and I.

      Slowly, I take my arm away from her chair and smile at him. “Seunghyun-ah,” I call for his attention, and he is snapped back from whatever thoughts he’s been having. “How did you get here?”

      “Oh, um,” he stutters, then coughs. “I saw hyung and Daesung leaving, and you bailed on me, so I thought I would join them. You were with Dara Noona?”

      “Yeah,” I try to sound as nonchalant as possible.

      Dara grabs my hand from under the table and smirks. “We had a couple of things to discuss.”

      “Discuss what?” Daesung wiggles his brows, and I dread whatever he is going to say because Seunghyun doesn’t know. “Who gets to have whose tongue down their throat?”

      “Daesung!” Dara whines, covering her face, whereas the younger singer’s face is as red as a tomato.

      “You and Noona…?” he stutters again, and I sigh, but Dara just laughs it off. “Noona, I thought you were engaged?”

      “I did too,” Youngbae smirks, glancing back and forth between the two of us. I try to glare at him, but it would make things awkward, so I drop it. He’ll hear it from me soon though. “It’s complicated, maknae.”

      “Wah,” he takes a shot off the table, shaking his head furiously. Looking at his priceless expressions, I laugh alongside everyone. “This is unexpected. Wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter