Time Doesn't Heal All Scars

What We Once Were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

      As I lean by the dance rooms, I tap my foot and wait for the dumbstruck trainees to leave their practice session with the dance instructor I have been awaiting for, for over an hour. The phone call from two days ago still rings in my head, and I bite by lower lip to refrain from crashing my newly bought phone.

      “Isn’t this G-Dragon?” I over hear one of the trainees nudging her friend, receiving multiple hushes from the rest.

      “What is he doing here?” another covers her face as they all walk past me, bodies stiff and necks slightly. “Is he here to meet unnie?”

      The former two get hit on the head by another trainee, and I mentally applaud her. “Girls, don’t talk about it in public. Someone might hear and another rumor may arise about unnie.”

      I arch my brow. Another rumor?

      How jobless are these kids, anyways? I should tell Hyun Suk hyung to increase their schedules if they have enough time to gossip.

      “I thought you were ignoring me.” Dara’s voice stops me from following my train of thoughts and the reason why I’m here strikes me again. I put both my hands in my pockets and I slide past her into the room.

      I stand in the middle of the dim evacuated room. “Close the door.”

      “So you are ignoring me.”

      “Dara,” I mutter, closing my eyes, staying as calm as I possibly can. “Please.”

      “Fine.” She scoffs and shuts the door with a slam. I look up to see her folding her arms under her chest, a scowl on her lips. “But you don’t come in here, uninvited, in front of my students, after ignoring my calls for the past two days. I was trying to get in touch with you because I knew you would misunderstand, and you did, and it’s ridiculous.”

      “Of course I would misunderstand,” I hiss at her, trying to keep my voice as low as possible. “You said you were going to visit your mother’s.”

      “I did.”

      “Excuse me, but your fiancé isn’t your mother.”

      “He was already there when I arrived,” she throws her arms in the air, and I notice the distance between us. “What was I supposed to do, Jiyong? Why are we even fighting about this?”

      “Because he’s Choi Seunghyun, that’s why.” I breathe out, aggravated with the mere thought of the man. “And when it comes to you, I hate him with every tingling bone in my body. I can’t let him have you, not this time.”

      She scoffs. “Is this about me, or some stupid ego thing between the two of you?”

      “You can’t possibly put two men and a woman like you and expect it not to get personal, Dara.”

      “A woman like me?” Her pitch raises and she steps to the front, and I rake my fingers through my hair. “What is that supposed to mean?”

      “However it sounds, I didn’t mean it in a bad way.” I mutter. “Don’t get off topic.”

      “There is no topic, Jiyong.” She raises her hands in the air, frustration evident in her voice, “We shouldn’t even have this stupid jealousy and ego fight to begin with.”

      “Dara, you were with your fiancé when you were supposed to be with your mom and he answered your phone and ing dared to insult me.” My voice starts to rise, and I take dep steady breathes to calm down. The company is not the place to yell.

      “He insulted you?”

      “It’s none of your business.”

      “How is it none of my business?” She glares at me, her petit figure rested against the mirror. “How is it so, huh? Care enlighten me?”

      “Because he’s a bastard and he’s your ing fiancé, Dara.” I say tightly, glaring back at the innocent woman, getting my frustrations out with every labored rise and fall of my chest. “And for the past who knows how long, you’ve considered such a low life your best-friend and at a point in your life, your lover.”

      “The man you’re talking about, even though he may not be the best in the world, has been in my life since I was a child,” She locks our eyes, hers ablaze and fiery and I’m sure mine aren’t less in any way. “He’s like a brother to me and has been with me in every single step. And right now, I know him more than I know you, so don’t just insult him blindly.”

      “I’m not insulting him blindly,” I say through gritted teeth. “You have no idea about the things he has done to you in the past, or to me in that case, just to get me out of your life and to have you in his. He’s a scheming er who would stop at absolutely nothing.”

      “Then tell me what the hell he’s done,” She strains her voice as it starts to shake, her face reddening with every passing second. “Because I’m so sick of people talking to me in riddles. Just freaking tell me what he’s done and give me the chance to think about thing by my own self and make my own damned decisions for Christ’s sake.”

      This clams me up as I am brought back to the last month of our senior year and I shut my eyes, clenching my fists tight. If I tell her what he’s done, she will have to know what I’ve done as well.

      The fireworks at midnight.

      Multiple shots of Vodka.

      My small secret studio.

      Sticky and sweaty bodies pressed together.

      “See?” She shakes her head in disappointment, and I’m brought back to the moment, “You can’t even name one single thing. A couple of lies here there? We all lie sometime. Why do you hate him so much, when all he’s done is been by my side ever since I’ve woken up? Seunghyun Oppa is the only reason I’m as normal as I can be after the accident. I was a mess back then, and he picked up the pieces when no one else bothered.”

      All I see right now is red, and my whole body lights up on fire. I take long strides until I’m right above her head, as the both of us glare at the other with so much emotions. The muscles in my jaw tighten and my throat constricting.

      “Then why spend all these years trying to find me, and why break off the engagement when you did?” I spit out. “If you like him so much, why don’t you just go ahead and marry him?”

      “You know why. Because I don’t love him.”

      “But you don’t remember me, and I’m going crazy. Seunghyun Oppa this and Seunghyun Oppa that. Do you have any idea how much I hate seeing that damned ring on your finger, knowing it furthers you apart from me?”

      “You don’t have to be jealous.” She pronounces her syllabuses carefully, stressing every word. “I told you I didn’t want you to be jealous, because I know this is not fair on you, but you agreed to this with me.”

      “How can I not be jealous, Sandara?” I yell, slamming my hands at either side of her head, my whole body tingling and I lock our eyes together, neither one of us backing down. “Tell me, how can I not be jealous when the only girl I’ve ever loved shows up again, engaged to the one man I hate the most on this earth and her memories of me are nonexistent. I want you all for myself but I can’t have you, and it’s killing me. I have to stand by and watch you go to that so-”

      Out of nowhere, she pulls my face towards hers and our lips connect, shutting me up from my emotional mess. Her fingers tangle at the crook of my neck and her lips, tasting like cherry’s and mint, take command aggressively. Using my hands as support, I push myself on her, sandwiching her between me and the wall, and I bend my head, savoring the hot mess of a kiss.

      I pucker her lips with my own, biting down on them as I’m granted access, our tongues then taking turns at control. Pressing my lower body on hers, she moans and pulls on her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter