appa

When Could it Be

My dear,

night with only a little light Cold night that thick with loneliness

There were many days when tears were swallowed because of useless greed

Our love has started and I hold your hand If we’re together,

anything in the world Can be overcome,

I promise

 

Haneul chew her food slowly. It’s been a week since her grandfather passed away and left her alone. Her mother is passed away when she gave birth to Haneul. And her grandfather said her father also passed away in an accident. But she never saw her father’s photo. Her grandfather said her mother burnt all of her father’s photos after he died on an accident because her mother was too sad. And because her mother is the only child, Her grandfather is her only family but he’s gone now. Leaving Haneul alone “dddrrrrrr” Haneul phone vibrating. Her grandfather’s lawyer, Mr. Choi is calling, maybe he want to talk about her grandfather property.

“yeoboseyo (hallo)”

“ah Haneul-ah… how are you doing?”

“I’m fine ahjussi… gomawo-yo (thank you)”

“do you have some time today? Let’s eat lunch together. This ahjussi will treat you something delicious”

“hehehe ne (yes) ahjussi.. I do have some time today. But what’s going on? Do you have something to talk with me?” Mr. Choi is her mother’s best friend so she do have some close relationship with him. Since he always help Haneul and her grandfather as long as haneul can remember.

“ah… it’s about your grandfather will” Mr. Choi tone getting serious.

“okay ahjussi… lets meet up today”

“ok. I will pick you up at 11 a.m.”

“oh… then why we not talking about this at house… if we going somewhere just to talk about it, its better if I go alone”

“no… your grandfather told me to bring you somewhere when he’s gone”

“ah… really? Ok. I will wait for you ahjussi…”

***

“hye jung-ah…mianhae.” Tablo beg to his wife

“mianhae? Haha you told me that you have another daughter and you just say ‘mianhae’?” his wife is very angry now.

“mianhae mianhae mianhae. Just tell me to do anything except leaving you and Haru. Please, I will do anything as long as you accept my daughter. She needs me. She doesn’t have anyone else. Just me! I’m her dad !” Tablo still begging

“why you don’t told me earlier.. that you have another child with another woman?”

“I’m sorry, I was very young when I she was pregnant with my daughter. And I’m too greedy for my music career and left her. And when I decide to back for her…she’s passed away and I cant have my daughter too. I’m too young to be single daddy and… and…that woman’s father don’t want to give my daughter to me. Because his wife and his only daughter are passed away, his only granddaughter is just all he have. So I decide to leave my daughter with him since I have to catch my dreams too. I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you about this.. I’m afraid you will leave me… I.. I… I don’t want you leave me.. please.. I’m sorry” Tablo knee down and crying.

Hye jung somewhat feel bad to Tablo. Its hurt when she see her love crying like that.

“arraseo. Just bring she here. She’s your daughter anyway. I will send Haru to you if I’m that woman. Even I’m not die like her… if I’m on her position I will send my daughter to you… because she’s you daughter” although its hurt… Hye jung knows that Tablo must take his responsibility. Although it may be too late now… but that child is Tablo’s responsibility and he must take it.

“really??” Tablo seems still not to believe what he heard just now.

“you will accept her to live with us?” Tablo look at his wife’s ayes.

“ne” Hye jung say it without any doubt. “thank you.. I love you~” Tablo hug her tightly and crying.

“ya!! Why are you such a cry baby!! You are a grown man! A rapper! You always act cool on stage why are you crying like baby now!”

“its because I’m happy to have you as a wife… because you are so kind… because I’m very grateful that I can be with you.. because I love you so much” Tablo still crying.

“eung… I love you too” Hye jung hug Tablo back

“I will meet with her this noon. Maybe she will move here soon” Tablo suddenly talk with serious tone

“what?!” Hye jung loose her hug from Tablo

“Ya! Why you just tell me something important like that just now!! I told you to say something like this earlier! Do you want to die?!”

“mian” Tablo smiling.

***

“ahjussi… are we waiting for someone?” Haneul asked Mr. Choi because they just sit on a café by now.

“yes.. he’s someone that will take care of you” Mr. Choi smiles.

“take care who? Me? Why? Do I already old enough? I’m 20 in Korea…” (let’s say that Tablo had Haneul at age 16~17 yo)

“but he really want to take care of you. And I do think that it’s good for you to live with him. You still need to go to college too and your grandfather don’t have much money that left now”

“but I can work too.. “

“this won’t be enough if you just take part time jobs and still going to college… its better for you to just focus on your study.”

“is he a relative? Haraboji (grandpa) never tell me he still have a relative. Is he from my dad side?” Haneul drinks her juice. Mr. Choi just smiles.

“it’s your dad”

“m..mwo??!” Haneul chocked after heard whar Mr. Choi said earlier. “uhuk.. uhuk… m..my wh.. what? Dad?” Haneul can’t believe what just she’s heard.

“yes” Mr. Choi still smiles calmly.

“but my dad’s dead!”

“no… he’s not”

“then why he’s leave us??!” Haneul feel angry now… why her dad just come by now.

“I won’t meet him” Haneul stand up and ready to leave.

“wait… Haneul-ah” Mr. Choi hold her hand.

“please. It’s your haraboji’s will. Listen to me first” Haneul looks at Mr. Choi “please. Sit down. I will tel you” Mr. Choi trying to convince Haneul.

“arraseo. I will listen to you first” Haneul sit back, Her haraboji always tell her to think something not just from her side.

“don’t mad at your father. He also don’t want to leave you. Your haraboji told him not to bring you with him. Your haraboji was resent about it so much. I was there too when your father want to take you with him. But your haraboji won’t give you to him. Because he lost his wife and his only daughter so you is all he have.” Mr. Choi start to explain the situation

“But my dad still can just visit me sometimes… and not disappear like this”

“he still too young when he had you and He has his reason too. And because that reason, your haraboji doesn’t want you to know your father too that’s why he said that your father is dead. It’s not that your father just accept that. When you was still baby, you always move here and there because your dad always looks for you but your haraboji doesn’t let him meet you, because he’s afraid that you will follow your dad and leave him alone. He’s resent that so much and feel sorry toward you, that’s why he asked me to search your father before he died” Haneul crying after hear what Mr. Choi said. She’s not sure her feeling toward her dad. It’s not her dad fault, not her haraboji fault too it just because she’s born in not the right time.

“so please forgive them and meet your father. He must miss you so much. He was crying when I meet him and begged to me to bring you to him. But because that time your haraboji just died, I told him to wait little more. He came to your haraboji funeral too but I told him to going back before he see you. Because I worried that he can’t hold his emotion and run to you” Haneul still crying but she more calm now. Mr. Choi look around the café. Because its lunch time, many people are coming.

“let’s go out of here. This café usually don’t have many customers why so many people come today?” Mr. Choi stands “let’s go”

“why? Do we have to wait my dad here? How if he come here when we go to other place?” Haneul stop crying and confuse with what Mr. Choi doing now.

“hahaha do you want to reunion with your dad and let everyone see you crying like baby? I bet you will cry out loud later” Mr. Choi smiles

“Ahjussi!” Mr. choi always make a joke in serious mood like this.

“I’m getting the emotion and ahjussi ruin the mood” Haneul laugh.

“hahaha being too serious is not my style. Ok. Lets go!” Haneul follows Mr. Choi with smiling.

But she still doesn’t know, do she needs to meet her dad? She’s sill not sure about it.

***

“wait here.. I will call your dad”

“ne” Haneul just smiling.

She’s still not sure and doesn’t know how she sould react in front of her father.

“haneul-ah… ahjussi will buy some drinks. You wait here okay. I told your dad we are here so maybe he will come soon. I will be back before that.” Mr. Choi back just to tell Haneul that and go again.

Haneul looks around. It’s a nice park and not many people in there. She sit on a long chair near her. When her eyes are busy looking some butterflies, someone sit beside her.

“Oh.. anyyeonghaseyo~” Haneul greet someone that sit next to her. He just nod at Haneul. He wears a cap so haneul can’t see his face.

“this park is beautiful right?” Haneul try to talk with that man, that man just nod.

“I’m sorry for talk to you with this random thing. I usually don’t talk to stanger, but I feel so nervous today because I will meet with my dad for the first time” Haneul try to explain because she thinks that man will think she’s weird or something.

“you.. will.. meet your dad?” the man speak.

“ne… it’s our first time so… yeah hehe but ahjussi.. your voice is familiar. Hehe its sound like someone I know. Its like Tablo’s voice. Ahjussi knows him? He’s a cool rapper. I love his songs..” Haneul smiles. The man put his cap down.

“oh! Tablo-ida (its Tablo)! Jwiseonghamnida (im sorry in polite way) I don’t know it was you” Haneul surprised to see Tablo in front of him.

“Omo… I’m your fan! Can we..”

“you said you will meet you father?” Tablo cut Hanel’s words

“ah… ne. it’s my first time to meet him so I’m sorry that I told you weird things because I’m too nervous”

“Ha… Hanee..ul? haneul-ah?” Tablo calls Haneul name

“ne? how could you know my name?”

“park Haneul?” Tablo calls her again “ne. but…”

“Haneul-ah… appa-da (its dad)” Tablo hug Haneul

“Haneul-ah… its really you?? you know how much appa want to see you? ” Tablo loose his hug and hold Haneul arms Haneul just freeze at his spot.

“ya Lee Seon Woong (tablo's real name)! When did you come?” Mr. Choi arrive with some drinks

“ahjussi… “ Haneul look at Mr. Choi trying to find an answer.

“he’s your dad Haneul-ah” Mr. Choi smiles.

“eung! I’m you dad… you are my daughter!” Tablo crying and still hold Haneul arms

“app… appa?”

“eung.. appa-da. Mianhae haneul-ah (im sorry Haneul)” Tablo Hug Haneul again.

“appa…” Haneul crying on her dad’s arm.

“why don’t you tell me that you are my dad~ why don’t you come to me~ don’t you know how much I want to see you?? Even haraboji said he don’t have you photos… why don’t you tell me…” Haneul cry out loud.

“mianhae Haneul-ah… Mianhae.. jalmeothaesseo (it’s my fault)… mianhae”

***

hi guys.. I hope you like the 1st chapter.. sorry for my bad grammar and simple vocabularies.. english its not my native language and I still learning it..

I have this story idea since a loooooong time ago. but I dont have so many times to write it... hope you like it.. and please subscribe.. there will be Bobby and hanbin in this story.. and other members too.. but hanbin and bobby will be the next main character after Haneul and Tablo...

please subscribe and I'm waiting for your comment too.. ^^