- 2 -

3.6.5.

Two weeks have passed since the argument between Chen and I. Not one word has been spoken between us.

 

    It’s all because I snapped at him. I knew something would go wrong if I lost my temper.

 

    “I should apologize….No wait. Why should I apologize, I did nothing wrong! Aigoo I’m going crazy….”

 

~-~

 

    I stood outside of the house, fiddling with my hands. I was too anxious to stand still.

 

    “Min Mi-ssi? Is there something–” Chen’s mother began.

 

    “Is Jongdae here?” I cut her off.

 

    “Oh you just missed him. He left the house about ten minutes ago.”

 

    “Do you know where he went?”

 

    “No, I’m sorry sweetheart. I’ll let him know you were here when he gets back though.”

 

    “Gwenchana. Ne, I’ll head off now.”

 

    “Arasso, tell your mother hello for me!” She waved me goodbye as I ran off in search of Chen.

 

    I checked the school, the cafe, and even the library, but he was no where to be found.

 

    “How can I be so stupid?!” I facepalmed, as I came to a realization.

 

~Time Skip~

 

    I reached the park and slowly made my way to Chen, who was seated on the bench, staring off into the horizon.

 

    “Oppa….Jongdae oppa!”

 

    He turned his gaze towards me before getting up to walk away.

 

    “Wait!” I grabbed his arm.

 

    “I….I’m sorry for losing my temper on you.”

 

    “You don’t need to say sorry.” His back was still facing me.

 

    “No, I need to, I shouldn’t have–”

 

    At that moment, I felt a warm sensation on my lips. It took me a second to come to my senses.

 

    Chen….he was kissing me….

 

    He slowly pulled away, looking me straight in the eyes.

 

    “Now do you understand?”

 

    “I’m….not going to Japan.”

 

    “Mwuh?” He was thrown aback by my sudden statement.

 

    “I’m staying here in Korea.” I repeated with confidence.

 

    “Tell me you’re joking...I mean you always told me that this was your dream school.” He was still unsure what to believe.

 

    “Now that I say I’m staying, you want me to go.” I teased.

 

    “No, it’s just...you were so defensive about going–”

 

    “I would rather give up on that school than be apart from you. And besides, I got accepted at Korea University, so I won’t be too far from you.” I smiled.

 

    “Mwuh rah goh?” he asked again.

 

    “Do you really think I wasn’t smart enough to find out that you have feelings for me, Chen Chen?” I laughed, teasing him with the nickname.

 

    “It wasn’t that obvious….” He scoffed.

 

    “Yah, let’s go get some food I’m hungry.” I took his hand in mine, intertwining our fingers.

 

    “Do you want to get some ramyun?” Chen winked and nudged my side.

 

    “Don’t get too cocky pretty boy.” I laughed.

 

    We continued to walk hand in hand, reminiscing over our childhood together.