- 1 -

3.6.5.

">http://



 

Sunlight shone on my face as my window curtains were drawn back. I groaned in response, turning over to my side as I pulled up the bed sheets over my head.

 

    A pair of cold hands grabbed my legs, slowly dragging me out of bed. I quickly sat up, nearly falling onto the floor.

 

    “Yah! Jongdae-ah….why are you like this so early in the morning? Wait, how did you get into my house in the first place?!” I whined, half-asleep as I rubbed my eyes.

 

    “Min Mi-ah, your mother called me over to wake you up since she left early. Bali il eona, get ready or else we’ll miss the bus!” He commanded as he grabbed my arm and pushed me towards the bathroom.

 

~Time Skip~

 

    I fumbled with the white envelope in my hands, anxious of what it had to say. Opening the envelope, I pulled out the letter and little by little revealed its contents. I began to read the first few lines:

 

    Dear Ms. Park Min Mi,

 

        We are thankful for your application to the University of Kyoto, Japan. We are proud to say that you are one of the few applicants who have been accepted on our scholarship program….

 

    I completely disregarded the rest of the letter after reading the most crucial information. My jaw dropped in shock.

 

    “Eomma! I made it! I’ve been accepted!”

 

    “Sweetheart that’s wonderful. I think Jongdae would be happy.”

 

    My expression slowly changed, hearing his name.

 

    “Yeah….I’m sure he would.” I respond softly, placing the letter back in the envelope.

 

~-~

-The Next Day-

-School-

 

    Class came to an end, as I was putting my stuff into my bag, my friend turned towards me with a question.

 

    “Did you get your letter yet?” Yunseo asked with curious eyes.

 

    I nodded silently in response.

 

    Her eyes widened, “What did it say? What did it say?!”

 

    “I got accepted….” I say soft enough for her to hear.

 

    “Chincha?!” She let out a gasp.

 

    I quickly covered before anyone else in the room caught on.

 

    “Shh! I haven’t told Chen yet.”

 

    “Are you planning on telling him at all?” She brought my hand away from .

 

    “I don’t know….I just….I don’t want to see him upset.”

 

    “Min Mi, he’s going to find out eventually, it’d be better for him to hear it from your mouth than someone else’s”

 

    “I’ll tell him when I’m ready…”

 

~Time Skip~

 

    “Min Mi-ssi!~ You said you wanted to talk about something?” Chen lightly jogged his way towards me.

 

    “Yeah! Actually….” I held the letter in my left hand, giving him an awkward smile.

 

    “Is that….?” He pointed towards the letter.

 

    “Uh, yeah I….I got accepted into my dream school.” I smiled.

 

    Chen was silent before giving me a forced smile. “That’s….great! I’m happy for you.”

 

    “Chincha? I’m really glad you said that.”

 

    “You’re not….actually planning to go there are you?”

 

    “Mwuh? Why wouldn’t I go there?” I looked at him in confusion.

 

    “That means you’d be leaving Korea for the next four years….”

 

    “Yeah, that’s how college works.” I let out an awkward chuckle.

 

    “I just….I don’t think….No.” He said firmly.

 

    No? What do you mean no?”

 

    “I’m not letting you go to Japan.” Chen crossed his arms and looked my in the eyes.

 

    “Since when did you get to decide what I can or can’t do with my life?” I snapped.

 

    “I think it’d be better for you to stay here in Korea instead.”

 

    I stared at him in disbelief.

 

    “Why are you being like this? You’re my best friend! You should be supportive of my decisions!”

 

    “How can you be so smart yet so dense at the same time?” He scoffed.

 

    “What are you talking about?” I clenched my fists in annoyance.

 

    “You don’t get it do you? Chen raised his voice in irritation.

 

    “No you’re the one who doesn’t get it. I have my own goals you know. I can’t rely on you all the time. We’re not kids anymore, I’m not the same girl who always needed someone to protect her. I’m capable of making my own choices Jongdae….”

 

    With that I walked away. I didn’t him to see my tears. I didn’t want him to know I was hurt. I didn’t want him to know at all.

 

    As soon as I got home, I slammed my door closed. I fell to my knees crying heavily.

 

    Why am I feeling this way?

 

~Chen’s Room~

 

    Chen sat on the edge of his bed, running his hands through his hair.

 

    “Dammit!” He punched the wall in frustration

 

    Aish Jongdae, why are you so stupid…..