Chapter Six

We Destroy Ourselves

Chapter Six

    “Go Chanyeol!”

    “Kill ‘em, Kyungsoo!”

    “Prince Baekhyun, we love you!!!”

 

    The entire class were circled around the three, whooping and shouting. Everyone had moved outside to witness the battle that was about to start, except for the two mundanes of the group, who glared at them disgustingly.

 

    The aura around them was amazing, the intensity making the crowd on the toes, excited. Kyungsoo cracked his knuckles, Chanyeol playing around with his ball of fire and Baekhyun smirked and took a step forward, opening his mouth to say something when suddenly a huge wave of water crashed down on them. Instantly, everyone fell to ground from the pressure, and were gagging from swallowing the water.

 

    Looking up to glare at the perpetrator, their eyes met with a frighteningly angry Junmyeon with an even scarier looking Yifan behind him.

 

    “We wanted to see how you kids would behave without us being here and look what happens! You all get detention! Five hours of studying with Yifan after class, and,” Junmyeon glared at each and every one of them, “No cell phones for a month!”

 

    Everyone stared at their once wimpy teacher with surprise. Then they registered their punishment and jumped up in protest.

 

    “No cellphones for a month?!”

    “That’s too much, we always fight anyways what’s with this all of a sudden?!”

    “I’m not giving up my phone!”

 

    “You may use the school’s telephone only to call you parents. Everyone, dry up and meet us in the classroom.” Junmyeon said sternly and briskly walked back into the building, Yifan trailing behind.

 

    “Where the hell did that come from?” Minseok mumbled.

    

    “C’mon guys, let’s go! It’s not like we use our phones for much anyways.” Chanyeol said optimistically. “Hurry or else you all will catch colds! Let’s go!”

 

    He herded his classmates towards the entrance, everyone grunting and dragging their feet. He noticed the new girl, Suzy, shaking next to him and put his arm around her shoulders. She jumped and ripped his arm away. Chanyeol lifted his hands up in the air as if claiming innocence.

 

    “Sorry, you looked like you were cold so I just… nevermind, sorry.” He ran ahead, leaving Suzy dumbfounded and blushing. Shortly after, she followed everybody inside.

 

~O~

    “You go.”

    “No, you go!”

    “Why me though?!”

    “Because you lost! So stop being a wimp and go in!”

    

    Kyungsoo desperately tried to escape the arms that were pushing him towards the classroom door. Everyone was too scared to enter and had an intense game of rock paper scissors to decide who would go in first. Suzy giggled a little. The situation and Yifan scared her but she could tell these were good people. Chanyeol gave her a curious look but she just shook her head.

 

Of course, Kyungsoo lost to the lot of cheaters and was pushed and shoves through the doors. He stumbled in, facing Yifan square in the face and gulped. The others stood frozen at the the doorway.

 

    “What are you all doing just standing there? Go back to your seats!” Yifan growled and they were sitting straight at their desks in less than five seconds.

 

    Junmyeon scanned the crowd of students and let out a disappointed sigh.

 

    “I thought you guys were better than this. Picking a fight with the transfer student? You’re not off the hook either, Byun Baekhyun.” After giving out another sigh, he looked at his clipboard he kept in handy for the day’s schedule. “This is sudden, but we have another transfer student coming.”

 

    There was a pause.

 

    “Her name is Min Se Yi,” Suzy flinched at the name. “She’s going to be our third mundane joining this class.” Groaning filled the room but Yifan’s glare silenced them. Clearing his throat, Junmyeon called her in from the doorway.

 

    Everyone strained to get a look as the tall girl with beautiful long hair and doe eyes walk into the room. Some of the boys’ hearts began to speed up, forgetting for a moment that she was a mundane. Suzy’s jaw dropped and her heart stopped.  

 

    What is she doing here?? I came here to escape everything but the person who made my life a living hell is here now?

 

    Seyi walked in with her chin held high and stopped a few feet away from Junmyeon at the front of the room, turning her body away from him as if she didn’t want to catch his disease.

 

    Junmyeon sighed again and Yifan glared again, but both held their tongues and asked her if she would kindly introduce herself. Seyi scanned the crowd with haughty eyes that tweaked everyone with annoyance, except the two mundanes who stared at her with empathy.

 

    “I’m Min Seyi and I’d prefer not to be associated with disgusting creatures like yourselves. So please don’t attempt to talk to me or even think about ever getting me to like you because that’ll never happen in a million years.” Suzy felt everyone in the room trying to suppress the urge to kill Seyi right there and then.

 

    And we could kill her if we wanted to. She’s nothing against even one of us.

 

    The thought made Seyi a less panicked about the idea that she had to attend another year at school with her worst enemy. At least here, she had people who would stand up for her.

 

    For the first time since Seyi walked into the room, Suzy and her made eye contact. Seyi reeled back in obvious shock and disgust but then her expression turned sinister. Suzy almost let her fear show in her face but controlled her expression and stared straight back at Seyi confidently. Seyi glared confusedly and was about to say something but was interrupted by Junmyeon.

 

    “We have all come here with the understanding that our backgrounds clash together, the mundanes and us I mean. Therefore, I will not tolerate any obvious hostility towards other students and I will punish anyone harshly if there is any sign of bullying or belittling in this room. We should learn to respect one another and get to know each other before we start judging. Now, Seyi, please take a seat so we can begin our lesson.”

 

    Everyone prayed in their heads they wouldn’t have to sit next to Seyi as she made her way through the desks. Each row had two desks together and Suzy was paired up with Baekhyun while the seat between Chanyeol and Suzy was open. Smirking at Suzy, Seyi sat next to Chanyeol, causing him to to inwardly groan. Suzy looked down at her hands in her lap.

 

    What is this all about? Why is she sitting next to me? What does she want?

 

    Suzy fidgeted in her chair. She hated this. Flashbacks of her life back in the Mundane Guild kept crossing her mind and she fought back tears.

 

    Baekhyun noticed this and he nonchalantly handed her a tissue. After a pause, Suzy quickly grabbed it and dabbed her eyes with it. She thanked him afterwards, him responding with a nod and a small smile. Her heart sped up a little. She’s never experienced having a classmate, let alone a boy, smile at her kindly like that before. Well, except for her cousins and childhood friends back in the Witch Guild, but this was different.

 

The lesson dragged on, Junmyeon and Yifan switching turns teaching subjects. Suzy found the lessons fascinating. It was completely different from Mundane schools who only taught to hate and despise. At Sekang, they taught about the history of the Guilds, each person’s abilities and powers, their limits and the science behind how they use it. At one point, Suzy was so intrigued by Yifan’s teaching of a White Witch’s spell casting abilities that she almost fell off her chair from sitting close to the edge of her seat. Embarrassed, she glanced around the room making sure no one saw her.  

    Baekhyun was covering his mouth with one hand and was shaking, trying to control his laughter. Suzy blushed.

 

    “The chair’s slippery, okay.” Suzy whispered defensively.

 

    “Yeah, sure.” Baekhyun got out between laughs.

 

    Chanyeol leaned across his desk to see the two around Seyi.

 

    “What are you guys talking about?” Chanyeol whispered as loud as he dared to, checking to see that Yifan was still writing on the board.

 

    “Suzy almost fell off her chair-” Baekhyun was interrupted by Suzy lightly slapping his arm to quiet him. Chanyeol chuckled and Suzy blushed even more.

 

    Seyi observed the spectacle around her and felt a bit of jealousy tugging at her chest. They were all rats who deserved to be burned to death but it was obvious that Baekhyun and Chanyeol were the most attractive and popular in the class. She was used to always being the center of attention but now all of a sudden, the stupid idiot Suzy being all chummy chummy with the two. It made her mad.

 

    Suzy caught Seyi staring and her smile faltered.

 

    The bell rang and Suzy quickly got up, making to leave but Baekhyun grabbed her wrist.

 

    “Hey, you wanna eat dinner together with my friend Sehun and I? Since we’re all new here, we should stick together.” He smiled at her invitingly. Suzy hesitated but she shook it away. This was the first time a classmate wanted to eat with her and she wasn’t going to pass up the chance at making new friends.

 

    “Alright.” She said. He grinned and called Sehun over, making introductions.

 

    “Hey, let me join in!” Chanyeol came up to the three and slung his shoulder around Baekhyun. “Kyungsoo and I usually eat together, but he wants to study for the test next week.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

 

    “Sure, why not. We can call it a truce between us.” Baekhyun smirked, slinging his arm around Chanyeol’s shoulder as well. Girls passing by stared at the two, jealous that Suzy was going to be eating with the two hottest guys in the class, well, in the school. Sehun wasn’t bad either.

 

    The two mundanes came up to Seyi and invited her to eat with them. Somehow, she felt annoyed. Her place should be with the cute guys, not stuck with two dweebs with beady eyes and pointed nose. She felt as if her worth was not being recognized, and it was about time people knew.

 

    “No thanks, I don’t hang out with losers.” She said to the two, who looked back in surprise. She then turned to Suzy and the others. “I’ll eat with you guys too. Just this once though.”

 

    Baekhyun scoffed and Chanyeol raised an eyebrow.

 

    “Thought you ‘didn’t want to be associated with disgusting creatures such as ourselves.’” Sehun said, eyeing Seyi as if she was moldy cheese he found on the street.

 

    Taken aback, Seyi glared at him.

 

    “And now I’m offering to eat lunch with you guys. You should be thankful I’m even willing to sit and swallow food next to yo-” Baekhyun interrupted her by pushing Suzy by the shoulders gently out the door, ignoring Seyi and chattering about the food. Chanyeol and Sehun linked arms and followed, feeling satisfied by seeing Seyi’s offended expression of disbelief. She balled her fists once they were out into the hallway and turned around angrily back at the two mundanes.

 

    “I guess I have no choice. I’ll have to eat with you two.” Seyi said with annoyance. The two looked at each other, then back at Seyi.

 

    “You’re a .” One of them said and they both walked out of the room. By this time, Seyi’s jaw hung open in incredulity. The rest of the students left in the class snickered as they walked past her and towards the cafeteria. Seyi was left in an empty classroom, her whole being fuming with anger.

 

    She whipped out her phone and began to call Minsoo to rant about what she just experienced. Suddenly, her phone was ripped out of her hands and she turned around, ready to kill whoever dared to make her even more mad.

 

    It was Yifan.

 

    She quickly rearranged her features into a pitiful expression, her eyes even tearing up a little.

 

    “Mr. Yifan… everyone here hates me. They’re all outcasting me.” She sniffled. Then she looked up at the expressionless teacher through her tears, knowing her ‘pity me’ act never failed on anyone, especially the teachers. There was a pause before Yifan said anything.

 

    “There was a recent rule in which all cell phones will be confiscated for five months. I apologize for forgetting to mention it to you. I’ll be keeping this.” He said coldly, and turned to walk away but paused. “And how about you stop acting like you invented how to take a , maybe then they’ll let you eat with them. They’re good kids. They won’t hate on someone without a proper reason. Then, enjoy your dinner.” With that he briskly walked away.

 

    Seyi stood there with a tremendous amount of emotions running through her.

    

    Here, she wasn’t adored and pampered by everyone.  Here, she was treated like how Suzy was treated in the Mundane Guild.

 

    Here, she needed to work her way up the system. And she would do whatever she could to be at the top and get rid of Bae Suzy.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOly crap it’s been a year I am so sorry guys I don’t really know what happened. Well, I’m in my junior year of high school now and probably won’t be able to update as much but it def won’t be another year until you see another chapter (hopefully lol). Anyways, here’s a longer chapter as an apology!!!