Prologue

We Destroy Ourselves

Prologue

    Centuries ago, humans walked the earth accompanied with animals and other species. They were all in harmony together and peace filled the lands and seas.

 

    But of course, this world of nirvana was shattered in an instant. And the culprit of this dreadful act was executed by none other than God himself.

 

    You see, He felt that mankind was little too distasteful for his liking. So He created a new generation, a generation filled with powerful beings who had magic at the tips of their fingers. This outbreak of new, modified groups of humans cause a wave of panic and horror to befall onto the mundanes who lacked these powers.

 

    War broke out. Blood was shed and smeared the earth with red. Eventually, everyone was tired of battles and pain. The Border was then created, a peace treaty, that separated the Mundanes from the others. These ‘others’ eventually split into three different groups: Necromancers, Witches, and Terras. The Mundanes came up with a name of their own for these ‘monsters’, they called them Vermins.

 

    The Mundane Guild ruled one side of the world while the other three Guilds divided the other half into thirds. Of course, these three guilds are in good relationships with one another, but the Mundanes hold a grudge in their hearts against those Vermins. They were jealous to their very core that God had chosen to give those creatures divine power instead of the first generation of Mundanes. They established the Disciplinary Council, which is made up of Knights who had been trained since they were children to kill the Vermins. They punish any Vermins who cross the Border and secretly capture weak Vermins from their homes to torture in public. The Border barely contains the hatred and grudge the Mundanes have against the Vermins.Their Ruler, Kim Chisoo, wishes for peace across the lands once again.  There is a law that was passed during the Making of the Laws, stating that all guilds must wear cloaks with symbols that represent their guild so others may be aware which guild a person is from. The Mundane Guild wears no recognizable clothing to tell of their origin but instead tattoo themselves with their symbol of a hummingbird playing the harp on their right shoulder.

 

    The Necromancy Guild is the most powerful amongst the Four Guilds. Necromancers are masters of the dark arts and have the ability to summon the dead in either spirit or bodily form, using them to foretell the future, gain knowledge, or as weapons.  They are able to channel blood energy and tear their enemies’ souls apart, drawing on life force to strengthen or heal themselves and others. During the New Era, the time when the Border was marked on maps, Necromancers had to rely on rituals that took weeks and months to summon spirits. However, through the years, their abilities and powers have strengthened along with their knowledge on the dead and are able to accomplish much more even without wands and magic circles.The Necromancy Guild wears a black cloak with a white symbol of the Grim Reaper’s scythe on the back. Their Ruler is Byun Jihoo, a stubborn and wise leader. His son, the Prince Baekhyun, is to take over the throne when King Jihoo has fallen.

 

    The Witch Guild retrieves their magic from spells, potions, medicines, and rituals. They are a cunning bunch and enjoy a prank here and there. The Mundanes enjoy burning them the most because they tend to scream the loudest as the flames eat at their bodies. They are also the second weakest Guild next to the Mundanes and are always attempting to cross the Border. In the old days, Necromancers and Witches were one Guild but then a clear distinction came up between the two. The Witches would turn Dark once dealing with the magic Necromancers deal with nowadays and as sly as the group may be, falling into the depths of evil was not favorable to the Witches. Therefore, Necromancers (who are able to handle Dark Magic without it taking over their body) formed their own Guild and the Witch Guild was in a battle within itself- White Witches vs. Dark Witches. The White Witches formed the Witch Hunters who tracked down those who had gone down the path of the Dark Arts and killed them. The Dark Witches were wiped out and only a fourth of their population thrive today. The White Witches wear a purple cloak with a black broomstick as their symbol. The Dark Witches wear the same outfit in order to disguise themselves. To be able to differentiate the two Witches, one must look into their eyes. Only the Dark Witches bear blood red eyes. Their Ruler is a White Witch named Kang Sohyun who is known for his wittiness and playful personality.  

 

    The Terras Guild is made up of Nature Controllers. There are four types of controllers: earth, air, water, and fire. They are the least despised by the Mundanes, although that doesn’t mean they wouldn’t be killed upon being spotted. Each individual can only control one element and if there is a mix between to different Nature Controllers, then the dominant element will show in their offspring. The word ‘Terras’ means Earth in Latin, which is where the Controllers get their energy and powers from. Each Nature Controller wear colored cloaks that represent their element: earth=brown, air=white, water=blue, fire=red. However, each cloak bears the symbol of the Terras Guild, a pink flower and a yellow sun. Their Ruler’s name is So Minkyung and she’s the only female leader between all four rulers. She brings kindness throughout her Guild and reigns with a humble demeanor.

 

    Although these three guilds are separated into their own lands, they often mingle with each other in schools, towns, and other public areas. They are allies and trust each other. The Mundanes detests them, however, with the three Guild’s powers combined in unity, the Mundanes are no match for God’s favorites.

 

    And they are at the brink of insanity driven by hatred.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I KNOW I KNOW THE PROLOGUE IS BORING AF IM SORRY

BUT YOU GUYS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE GUILDS AND STUFF FOR THE STORY TO MAKE ANY SENSE

I PROMISE THE FIRST CHAPTER WILL BE MORE… SPICY

 

I ALWAYS END UP WRITING ABOUT MAGIC IM SORRY BUT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MAGIC AND MYTHICAL CREATURES SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH

 

SEE YA IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!