Chapter 1

Promises are made to be broken but ours aren't

“Lay, what do you think you’re doing?!” Minseok shouted, making Lay widened his eyes a little before composing himself to face the older male. Lay had predicted that Minseok would be mad but he certainly never thought that the older would shout at him. Hearing Minseok shout was very surprising to him and he would be lying if he said he wasn’t scared but beside that emotion, he also felt happy because that was a sign that the elder actually cared about him. The thought of that made Lay smiled a little and look at Minseok with tender eyes.

“Xiumin-ge, I think it’s for the best.” Lay said. Chen looked at Lay as if he was bluffing. Of course he’d think Lay was bluffing ‘It’s the best’ Lay said, since when was betraying friends the best choice. Minseok might have thought about that too by the look of his expression. Minseok was about to talk when Chen said silently,

“Is it?” his whisper would’ve been inaudible if it weren’t for the tense silence in the room.

Lay looked at them with eyes full of determination and apologies then nodded. Minseok just shook his head and looked down at the floor.

“Let’s pretend that it is the ‘best’. Lay, I just want you to answer one thing, after you left, what will you do without us?” Minseok asked slowly, concern dripping from every word he said. Even thought he was still mad, he can’t help but feel concern for Lay. Lay was his brother after all, not by blood but by heart, and Minseok didn’t want to see Lay's down fall very soon. 

“That is for you to find out, and me to discover.” Lay happily replied. He gave Minseok and Chen a mysterious smile before his face turned serious. “I am more concern with the both of you… What will Xiumin-ge and Chen do without me. . . or should I say . . . without 'us'?” After hearing the question, Minseok looked at Lay’s face again. 

Chen was fumming. He only saw red, and before he could filter every word that will come out of his mouth, he had already said it.

“I will erase you from my mind, just like what I did to the other members that left. There’s no Kris, Luhan, Tao and . . . . you.” Chen said slowly and continued, “In my mind, There are only I, Xiumin, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, D.O, Kai, Sehun and Suho in EXO. You are dead to me.” Chen spat. As soon as he realize what he was saying, it was already too late. The truth was, every word he had said was a lie. Honestly, he couldn't erase the memories that the 12 of them created together, both bitter and sweet memories, even if he wanted too. It was already engraved on the back of his mind.        

Hearing that, Lay could only smile internally because he knew Chen was lying. After all, like it or not, Lay had spend a lot of his time with the younger together too much. A little too much, Lay added. Lay even knew every little secret, secret gestures and what their meaning, his real expression, everything, about Chen by heart, but despite knowing Chen’s real feelings, he pretended to be hurt because he don’t want to argue with the both of them anymore.

“I see,” Lay whispered. He then walked away, leaving his former members.With his back turned.

Chen closed his eyes so that he doesn’t see the back of his leaving friend. He didn’t want his mind to engrave the image of it on the back of his head. It would be troublesome if his mind did that. He also didn’t want to feel regret about saying those words to Lay. Chen already said those words and he couldn’t take it all back, even if he wanted too.

Minseok on the other hand, could only watch hopelessly as he saw the back of his leaving friend. He wanted to run to Lay and beg him to stay. He really did. But his legs seemed to have a mind of its own because instead of running to Lay, His legs suddenly turned weak making him kneel to the ground.

 

And then the ground shook.

 


 

“ –ung, Hyung,” Chen shook Minseok, trying to wake the older male. Minseok’s face turned into a frown and groan, a sign that the older was waking up. Chen left Minseok alone seeing that Minseok was beginning to wake up. Minseok stretched until his body was good and look at the landing area. They had arrived in Korea and they need to get out of the airport and get in to the van as soon as possible before more reporters came. The both of them already know that there will be a few reporters already arriving there but still, the faster they went, the better.

Chen gave Minseok his own backpack, earning a grateful smile which Chen returned, and they walked out of the airport. As soon as they entered the lobby, flashes of cameras greeted them, both from the fans and the reporters. Thankfully, there were bodyguards to hold the reporters and fans back making their walk to the van went smoothly.

Once in, Manager Tak, the ‘head’ of the managers, greeted them. Poker face playing on his face. The both of them nodded, Chen giving the Manager a smile while Minseok just stared out of the window. The familiar silence greeted them. The silence none of them wanted to break.

Minseok slowly drift to sleep again. This time, dream-less sleep greeted him and he gladly greet it back with a warm embrace.

 


 

A/N : Sorry for the short Chapter, I'll make it up to you... somehow. 

With Love,

 

Mikaela_Draven