Chapter 3

Promises are made to be broken but ours aren't

The light of the moon illuminates the room while snow, the first snow, fell gently to the ground. With eyes full of unreadable expression, Jongin looked at his own face that was reflected by the glass of the window. The number 02:45 flashed by the digital clock that was placed a top of a shelf.

Jongin leaned to the glass and let out a breath, making the glass fogged. His hand swept across the fog to make up a sentence.

We are one

Jongin leaned his head on his leg that he had drawn to his chest and looked at the sentence. Thousands of questions and scenes played in his head as he saw the fog reduced. The Moonlight illuminates his face, making the scene looked more like a painting. Albeit, a masterpiece painting.

When the fog finally disappeared, making the sentence ‘We are one’ couldn’t be seen, Jongin grab the curtain and cover the window. Jongin put the blanket over himself again, lain down and closed his eyes. There were a few more hours before he had to open his eyes and start his daily routine.

 


 

“Mr. Kim, I suggest you take the day off and relax, being with your close friends to spend your time is the best.” The Psychologist said. Manager Lee Seunghwan, the only manager that was concern by the well-beings of EXO beside EXO-M’s Manager Im , looked at the Psychologist in worry.

“Why?” Jongin asked, he looked at the Psychologist with panick. Sensing the look on Jongin’s and Manager Lee’s eyes, the Psychologist looked at the result of a test that Kai had took a few days ago and read it out loud.

“It seems like Mr. Kim here have the Symptoms of Paranoid Personality Disorder.” The Psychologist pushed his glasses back when it slid down his nose.

 

“A Symptoms of. . . What?” Jongin said dumbly.

 

“Paranoid Personality Disorder,” The Psychology said, eyeing Kai, “It’s just a Symptoms though, there is still a way to recover.”

 

“How can we help him recover?”

 

“Mr. Kim, do you perhaps have trust issues?” The Psychologist ignored the question that was thrown by the Manager and instead asked Jongin.

“I don’t know?” Jongin, wasn’t prepared to be asked, bluntly answered, though his answer sounded more like a question than an answer. The Psychologist nodded, as if he already knew the answer.

 

“Yes, yes,” The Psychologist said while scanning the test result paper once again. “For future safety, I suggest you do what I advised you do.”

 

“Thank you.” Manager Lee said reluctantly, he was still mad that The Psychologist ignored him but refrain from letting his anger show. Jongin exited the room dragged by his manager and bowed in appreciation to the Psychologist to which the Psychologist bowed in return.

 


 

Jongin opened his eyes, eying the ceiling. The room was dark, a sign that the sun had not yet risen. His eyes stung and he felt tears already forming in the corner of his eyes, threatening to fall. Jongin put his left hand over his eyes then close his eyes.

 

But it was a bad idea.

 

Because as soon as he closed his eyes, the memories started to flash but it was not a memory he expected to see. He expected the memories to be sad but instead it was the memories of the twelve of them having fun. Smiling, Laughing, Joking, everything. His heart hurt a little when he saw how happy they were then  lone tear fell from his right eye as he recall the memories and soon enough, the tears started to fall heavily. Jongin bit his lip to keep any noises from coming out.

 

In the dark room, Jongin cried for the first time since Yixing left. 

 


 

After composing himself, Jongin bathed, ate, and left for practice. When he arrived, he was surprised that someone was already there.

Henry was so focused on his dancing, he didn’t even notice Jongin entering the room. The time when his song was stopped, the Canadian finally notice Jongin’s presence. Truthfully, Henry was about to yell at the person but when he saw it was just Jongin with remote in hand, swaying it back and forth in between his thumb and index finger, Henry’s expression quickly turned cheerful.

 

“Oh, Kai I didn’t know you were here!” Henry exclaimed with a big smile. Jongin can’t help but smile in return. Jongin throw his bag next to Henry’s and walked to Henry slowly.

 

“Good morning, Seonbae.” Jongin bowed respectfully. Henry waved his hand in the air while closing his eyes, a look of discomfort in his face.

 

“Aish, don’t say that! Just call me Henry, H.E.N.R.Y. we’re friends! There’s no need for honorifics.” Henry patted Jongin’s back with a grin. Jongin smiled at Henry. To Jongin, Henry was one of a few people that he felt comfortable just sitting beside him. The reason was because Henry is out-going and he always preferred others to talk to him comfortably, without honorifics but the main reason was actually because Henry always gave off positive vibes, the one that made you think ‘everything is going to be alright’.

 

“Jja! How about we practice together? Dance battle maybe, I heard EXO is going to perform in a few weeks, It’s time to warm those rusty muscle up, then.” Henry punched Jongin’t shoulder lightly, playfully. Jongin pretended to be hurt by the punch making Henry playfully punch him again. They laughed.

 

Henry did a moon walk while bringing his index finger up and gestured for Jongin to follow him and they practiced for hours with no break.

 

“Hey did you hear the rumors?” a trainee asked her friend when she walked to the practice room. They didn’t notice the two boys that were drenched in their own sweat, sitting in the floor, tired after their practice.

 

“Hm? What? What rumors?” her friend said, grabbing the girl’s hand with excitement, wanting to hear the juicy gossip that the girl is going to tell.

 

Henry shook his head in disappointment, “This is what I hate most about girls. Kai, Ga Ja!” Henry pulled Jongin up but Jongin didn’t budge.

 

“Chamkkanma, I want to hear it what they are gossiping, Henry.” Jongin put his hand on his lip.

 

“Wow I didn’t know you like that kind of thing.” Henry said, in astonishment. Jongin gave Henry a smirk.

 

The girl grab her friend’s hand and narrowed her eyes, “They said, Xiumin is going to submit a law suit too.” Her friend pulled a face.

 

“Oh, I knew they wouldn’t last for long. Ah, ottoke?! Baekhyun oppa must be stressed right now.” The girl’s friend threw his bag to the ground in annoyance while whining ‘ottoke’ over and over again. Jongin quickly got up and ran to the girl, leaving the shocked Henry behind.

 

“Wha—What did you say?!” Jongin grabbed the girl’s hand. The girl blushed because Jongin just grab her hands and the fact that she was caught gossiping by one member of EXO.

 

“A—Ani—“ but Jongin was having none of it, he grab the girl a little tighter, making the girl yelp in pain. Henry quickly ran to them, trying to calm Jongin.

 

“Hey man, It’s just a ru—“

 

“What. Did. You. Say?” Jongin spelled the question slowly, while looking at the girl in the eye. Jongin looked at Jongin in disbelief, having been cut by Jongin.

 

“I—It’s just, we heard that Xiumin oppa is going to submit a law suit.” The girl’s friend said instead, voice weak when she saw Jongin’s wild eyes.

 

That’s all he needed to hear, Jongin quickly sprinted out. He heard Henry asking where he’s going but he ignored him. He ignored the voices of people he bumped into, Taemin’s concern when Taemin saw Jongin running and his own rational mind that kept telling him the rumors were just rumors. The only thing he heard was his own heartbeat and Minseok’s voice when he greeted Jongin the day Minseok stepped in to their dorm.

 


 

Minseok woke up with a smile, he felt like a million bucks, he felt like he could do anything impossible, he felt fantastic. The reason for that is because he slept dream-less last night and god knows it was better than dreaming about unwanted stuff. With a long pleased groan, Minseok got up from his bed and tidy it. In the middle of his tidying, he heard a knock and let the person in.

 

“Xiumin, I got a letter from your parents.” Manager Im handed Minseok a while envelope with a smile. Minseok brightened up and quickly grab the envelope, bowing in gratitude to their manager. Manager Im ruffled Minseok’s head in affection then closed the door of Minseok’s and Jongdae’s shared room. Minseok carefully open the white envelope containing his letter from his parents with delicate hand, afraid that it might ripped the piece of paper inside.

 

“What’s that?” Jongdae asked from his bed, his eyes was still heavy from sleeping.

 

“Did I wake you up?”

 

“No, it’s just my time to wake up.” Jongdae give a lazy smile to Minseok. Minseok laughed quietly at the answer.

 

Minseok’s mouth was open, ready to answer Jongdae’s question but was rudely interrupt by the door, forced open, by none other than Jongin himself. Minseok waved.

 

“Anyong –“

 

BUK

 

Jongin punched Minseok on the stomach, Minseok looked at Jongin wide-eyed. Jongdae, seeing Jongin punched Minseok, was now wide awake and got up to hold Jongin. Minseok hold his stomach in pain in a sitting position on the ground.

 

“What the hell are you doing?!” Jongdae shouted while trying his best to keep Jongin from beating Minseok again. Jongin didn’t hear him but instead look at the envelope in Minseok’s hand, now ripped. Good, Jongin thought, at least now his application paper (to another entertainment) was ripped. Jongin didn’t know that it was actually a letter from Minseok’s parents.

 

“What are you guys— MY GOD!” Kyungsoo shouted when he saw the scene in front of him, at the sound of Kyungsoo’s shout, the other member of EXO quickly walk to Jongdae and Minseok’s room. The other members shouted when they see the scene too, when Kyungsoo saw Jongdae’s tired face because of holding Jongin down, Kyungsoo quickly helped Jongdae, Chanyeol followed. Suho was busy banging their Manager’s room to wake up and call the doctor. One man stood at the entrance of the door in shock, mouths opened. He kneeled to the ground, his legs giving up from standing and looked at the scene with sadness.

 

“What happened to us?” Sehung shakily whispered, tears streaming from his eyes.

 


 

The dorm was full of noises, shouting, crying, wheezing. Everyone was busy trying to calm Jongin, giving Minseok temporary medical care and calling doctor, any doctor, to come to EXO’s dorm and attend Minseok to a more proper medical care.

 

Everyone was busy except one Manager who stood stunned in front of the TV.

 

EXO-K’s Kai was reported to have come to a Psychologist earlier this week,

 

[photos of Kai entering a Psychologist’s home with Manager Lee]

 

Before the news woman manage to report any longer, Manager Lee quickly turned off the TV, his hand went limp and fall to his side.

 

“How did they know…” Manager Lee whispered. Manager Lee was sure he picked a secluded place for their meeting with the Psychologist and the way the photos were taken was very accurate, showing their faces making it hard to deny it was not Jongin and Manager Lee. It was as if the photographer already knew they were going to show up. Manager could already hear the shouts of the reporters outside of SM Entertainmet.

 

This is bad.    

 


 

I fast forwarded the story, and I'm here to announce that next week I will be goung out of town (limited Internet access) so that is why I updated fast and will continue to update as soon as I finish the chapter.  

 

As always, comments are very much welcome. Toodles!!

 

Mikaela_Draven