Chapter 4.0

Promises are made to be broken but ours aren't

 

Chapter 4.0

The calm 

 


 

Papers were flying everywhere, the people in the room cringed when they saw the CEO of SM Entertainment threw a vase against the wall.

 

Youngmin had watched the news earlier that day and was now furious. It wasn't what the news that bothered him, truthfully, it was the call after the news. Lee Soo Man, the old man had called him and told him he was no longer needed nor trusted in taking care of SM Entertainment.

 

No longer needed?

 

Youngmin snorted. The old man must be delusional, can't Soo Man see that he is the only people trust worthy enough to be handed the seat of a CEO? from his own company Nonetheless. These past few years, Youngmin had brought more success than the old man could Imagine and it's all thanks to him, Youngmin. The one and only. In fact, the old man should've change the company's name from 'SM Entertainment' to 'YM Entertainment'. Young Min Entertainment. It was the least the old man could do to thank Young Min for the succes he brought for the company but no the old man decided to 'fire' him.

 

Youngmin kicked his desk in frustration.

 

Sure, there were a few rascals that dared to humilliate him but it was already taken care of. Those imbeciles had left and no longer here. For good.

 

What was the problem? 

 

Youngmin threw open his door, the people that had watched him followed suit. With head held high, he walked out of his office and went to the parking lot. He needed to discuss something with the old man.

 


 

The outside of SM Entertainment was full of reporters. Sea of reporters should be the right word to identify it. Flashes were coming from every direction, making Baekhyun wondered who or what were they taking photos of. Baekhyun had walked out of their dorm to clear his mind from the scene this morning but clearly it was a mistake. When Baekhyun strolled to the cafe, he saw the sea of reporters outside making Baekhyun frown because really, this time of a day? but then Baekhyun remembered that they were reporters, the humans that always make up false gossips just for their entertainment and would do anything to grab their hands on a juicy piece of information. Baekhyun shrugged his shoulder and carry on walking to the cafe. A hot chocoloate with cookies would be nice on accompanying in his journey to clear his mind.

 

Baekhyun didn't notice the looks people around him was giving in his way to the cafe, he didn't even notice the looks he was given when he walked in to the cafe, he finally notice the gazes when he waited in line patiently. Someone had tapped on his shoulder and asked him a question.

 

"Oppa," The girl said hesitantly, making Baekhyun gave the girl a smile, encouraging the girl to ask. Seeing Baekhyun smile, the girl, an SM trainee, continued talking with confidence, "Gwenchanayou (are you okay) ?"

 

Baekhyun, taken back by the question, pursed his lip and nodded. "Ne, wae? (Yes, why?)"

 

The girl looked at her friend in confusion, they were whispering frantically. They seemed to be debating about something, when her friend hit the girl on the shoulder with a pleading face, the girl bit her bottom lips and turned to face Baekhyun. "We saw the news this morning. . . Oppa, didn't you watch the news?"

 

"Aniyo. . . Wae? (No, why?)" Baekhyun asked again tone slightly impatient.

 

"O- Oppa!" The girl's friend cried, eyes teary and lips trembling. She kept whining 'ottoke' over and over again.

 

"Sir, it's your turn." The sudden call made Baekhyun ignore the girls and face the counter, telling the lady his orders.

 

"I'll have a cup of hot chocolate and two chocolate chip cookies please!" Baekhyun said with a smile, keeping up his gentlemanly image. The lady behind the counter blushed and sttuter a 'Yes.' before asking Baekhyun to wait for his order.

 

Baekhyun sat at the table in the corner of the room, fingers tapping the table while he hummed a random note. Not long after, a cup of hot chocolate with cookies were placed on the table, Baekhyun was about to thank the waiter but the said waiter suddenly grab a chair in front of him and invited herself(s) in. Baekhyun looked at the 'waiters' in front of him and groaned internally. It was the pair of hormonal teenagers from a few minutes ago, looking at Baekhyun with starry eyes. 

 

"Oppa, you better watch the latest news from the Internet, ok?" The girl said, tilting her head in an act to look cute then quickly left with her friend.

 

Because of curiousity, Baekhyun quickly grab his phone and look at the most searched link today and his jaw dropped. There, on the screen was a title which held the 'most searched' link on the Internet.

 

 Mistreatment from SM Entertainment, Kai of EXO was reported to have Paranoid Personality Disorder. How much more artist will be mistreated?

 

In his life, Baekhyun had never drink as fast nor ran as fast as how he did now.

 


 

When Baekhyun arrived, slaming the door open along, Baekhyun was a little surprised when he saw that the Managers and other members, beside Jongin and Minseok, had already sat down circling a table. With short breaths, Baekhyun studied their expression one by one. Sehun was covering his mouth with his hands, his eyes were red, a sign that he had been crying and a soft sniff from Sehun made Baekhyun noted that Sehun was still cying. Kyungsoo's face was, as always, unreadable. Kyuungsoo was staring off into space but it seemed like he was not the only one that was staring into space. Chanyeol, their own happy virus, was also staring off into space but unlike Kyungsoo, Chanyeol's face was readable. There grazing his face, was a hurt expression as if he was the one that had been punched in the stomach by Jongin instead of Minseok. Jongdae's expression expressed fury and Suho, for once in Baekhyun's life, showed no expression at all. Just like Kyungsoo. Once Baekhyun's breathing had calmed down, he slowly made was to the seat beside Suho, their Managers sat across them.

 

"You kids really are a handful, you know that?" Manager Tak said, eyeing the presented members one by one before looking at Manager Lee in disappontment. "And you, why did you hide this from all of us?" Manager Tak asked but it was more demanding to be considered a question.

 

"It's not our fault. . ." Baekhyun, the member --or perhaps the only member-- that were able to process what the head of Manager said, muttered weakly but perhaps it was a bad idea because soon after hearing his reply, Manager Tak exploded.

 

"'Not our fault' my . Wasn't your slogan 'We are one'? WHAT was ONE when all of you acted like this?" Manager Tak shouted. He then grab a newspaper that contained a news about Jongin's condition then threw in violently on the glass table. "If you said 'We are one' Then can you explain this? CAN you explain WHY Jongin having a mental sickness, Members QUITTING one after another and members PUNCHING other members even though you knew YOU are ONE." Manager Tak breathed before continung again, "We let you on hiatus for a reason and the reason was not for you to freely have a mental sickness nor made your mind even CRAZIER than before by deciding that it was best to ing punch your team mate on the stomach freely! DON'T YOU ING KNOW that While you were relaxing your ing during hiatus, we were busy cleaning every all of you had left WITHOUT being PAID whille we know that we were losing money every ing second because all of you were too 'emotional' to move do a performance. You even made a ing water work during performance just so the fans could see how ing WEAK you are.Now tell me, BYUN BAEKHYUN why is this NOT your fault that all of this happened RIGHT NOW!"

 

"HYUNG WILL YOU PLEASE CALM YOUR ING HEAD?!" Manager Im shouted when Manager Tak finished his shouting. "They obviously didn't know about all of this either, they had so much on their plate for BOYS AROUND THEIR AGE to even HANDLE! Just give them some--"
 

"YOU LISTEN TO ME IM HYUNKYUN. They are OLD enough to be a part of this without us treating them like they are just kids because they are NOT and they should have known how HARD the stardom life is from the very FIRST moment they stepped into SM ENTERTAI--"
 

"Shut up SHUT up SHUT UP SHUT UP!" Sehun shouted making every one in the room quickly paid the maknae attention. Sehun had stood up from his seat with mixed emotions, bad ones. "Please, please shut up." Sehun whispered before he ran to his room and slammed it shut.

 

When Manager Kim heard the door slammed shut he then sarcastically said, "Way to go all of you." accompanied by a long tired sigh.  

 

"I'm going to go check on Sehun." Suho quietly said and before someone manage to say something, he got up and excused himself then walked to Sehun's room.

 


 

Suho didn't bother knocking, he know the door was unlocked. Suho gently opened the door and excused himself in. There on the corner of the room was a curled up Sehun with his shoulder violently shaking, an attempt to hide his crying but the attempt actually made Sehun look more like a child crying when he had lost something he love the most than an attempt to conceal his crying. Suho smiled slightly. Sehun looked more like Tao when he had his mental breakdown and Suho's heartache when he remembered that their baby panda --his baby panda-- would not be here to bring smiles to them-- to him --- with his silly behavior again. Shaking his head, Suho snapped himself to reality.He walked to Sehun and sat beside him on the floor, giving a long sigh after.

 

"We're messed up, aren't we?"  Suho said to no one, he sat there for a while, rubbing circles on Sehun's back to calm the maknae down. Suho wondered what Tao's reaction would be if he heard what Suho had said. Thinking that made Suho smile sadly. Tao would proabably hit him and said the opposite thing, making Suho felt a little better about himself.

 

"I'm sorry, I'm weak. . ." Sehun embarrassedly said between crying. Sehun didn't usually cry like this, it was Tao's job to cry and even if Sehun did cry, Luhan would probably comfort him. Being comforted by someone else was a bit weird but not in a bad way.He rathered welcome it, actually. 

 

Suho looked at Sehun for a while before smiling, "No, Sehun-ah, never feel embarrassed about being weak, feeling weak is the key to become someone strong. You may cry now but don't we cry sometimes too? even the stongest people felt weak sometimes." Suho said softly. "So don't be ashamed that you're weak." Suho caressed Sehun's hair tenderly, making the younger boy looked more like a broken child. They stayed there for awhile, with Suho caressing Sehun's hair and Sehun still trying to calm himself.

 

"I miss them." Sehun weakly said after he had calmed down.

 

Suho stopped caressing Sehung for a moment before continue to caress it. "Yeah, I miss them too." and Suho would do anything to perform on a stage with the complete members again. Even if it was for the last time.  

 


 

I cut it into 2 parts, I need to prepare for the trip tomorrow so I won't be updating in a while. 

 

PREVIEW FOR THE OTHER HALF!

".., met the new CEO of SM Entertainment," An unknown man stood behind the door that lead to Lee Soo Man's home office. His body was well built, making him look like a model instead of the future CEO of SM Entertainment. The man waited patiently for his grand entrance while fixing his suit. A sly smile was shown.

"David." and with that said, David opened the large double door, making his grand entrance. The sly smile was replaced by a megawatt smile. 

 

For future reference, here is David,

 

 

ANYWAY, as you can see, I'm not good at writing arguments and also I want to know what all of you think about this chapter.