#SlimSuga

Peaches and Suga
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#SlimSuga .09.

 

‘So it’s TRUE?’ the announcer’s face glistened with sweaty enthusiasm. ‘The two of you have switched bodies!?’

Both Suga and I smiled embarrassingly at the emcee’s over-exaggerated response, and the crowd ooh’ed at our reactions with overflowing adoration.

‘Yes,’ I nodded. ‘It’s true. We’ve swapped bodies since two days ago.’

‘Amazing!!’ the announcer cried, throwing his arms out as the crowd cheered in unison at us on stage. ‘Folks, this is a phenomenon! The first ever body swap, broadcasted live on TV for the first time in history! Tell me, Suga,’ he pointed at the girl beside me. ‘How did your friends react to the news?’

Suga grinned with lazy charm. ‘Well, maybe you’re asking the wrong person…,’ he winked at the camera knowingly, while puffing out his chest in the pale blue sweater. ‘You know what I’m saying?’

Both the crowd and the vibrantly-dressed announcer roared with laughter. Even the cameramen found the sight so amusing that they each stepped back, abandoning their sets for a moment, flustered by the goings-on up ahead on stage.

‘Woopsie, I made a poopsie!’ the presenter joked, and the crowd once again boomed with laughter. ‘Momoe, how did you go about telling his friends about this?

‘I mean, they are charming, good looking fellows who are his best friends, and you pretty much just screwed everything up! Still going to hang out with them? Are you still going to perform? Write poems? Wait, are you both planning on leading each other’s lives from now on?’

‘Well—uh…’ I started, however the crowd was already in stitches before I could even say anything.

The announcer slapped his thigh, struggling to catch his breath because of how violently he thrashed back in his seat from laughing. He began poking my cheek in an incredibly theatrical way, and I stared at him like he was on all kinds of meth; eyes popping and mouth wide open as he laughed and laughed and laughed like a muffin head… and almost instantaneously, the mortification began settling in.

‘I mean, you had an office job for—what—maybe a few months, right? There’s no way you can pull this off even if you tried your hardest. And what’s this? You had a love interest too? Oh, poor, poor thing. It’s too bad handsome Jiho took you for a ride. I heard you also lost your position as—wait for it folks!—janitor. Can you believe she was checking Suga out all this time? Well, she got what she wanted, people. His BODY!!’

They were laughing, alright. And I was the big joke. The entire crowd had their eyes fixated on me, giggling disgustingly as they pointed their fingers at me and cried in amazement.

I felt my palms sweat profusely, and felt the cold sweat collect between my shoulder blades. My breath hitched in my throat and I struggled to even swallow. I turned around to Suga for help, sweating so much that I was certain my entire face glistened at this point.

‘Hey, do something! Isn’t this a bit…’ I shouted over the loud crowd, but he was just as relaxed as the audience, reclining in the hot seat.

He had on a pair of defiant, lazy eyes and folded his arms; the large blue sweater creating all kinds of unsightly fluffy rolls as he did. ‘Whatever.’

And then I began falling into his eyes. His eyes that held a deep uncanny resemblance to something cold and steely; solid yet vulnerable. I found myself falling into his gaze as they laughed and poked their fingers at me; their prodding so vivid it felt as if someone had been squishing my face. I screamed. And then I fell into the abyss.

 

‘YAAH!!’ my eyes snapped open almost instantly and I shot out of bed.

I bunched the sheets so tightly that my knuckles went frighteningly white. The skin on my back stung for a bit and then felt incredibly cold, which I could only assume was the work of sweat. I breathed in raggedly and swallowed hard, blinking a few times to make sure the announcer’s voice was no longer around, or that I really wasn’t falling into an unknown pit of despair. I felt the bed a few times, and breathed a sigh of relief when I made sure I was still in the real world.

Then suddenly it hit me. Wait, I just had a dream, meaning… I finally woke up, yes! It was all a nightmare, thank God—

I was ready to pat my entire body down in relief on realizing I was back in my body, however the next thing I saw stopped me…

It was V. Along with the youth and the brunette: all three boys standing above me with their fingers pointed at my face, which suddenly made a lot of sense considering the nightmarish TV show my mind conjured up moments prior.

It took a moment to settle in, but the shock transformed into disbelief, and inevitably, dejection. If it weren’t for the three boys staring at me with expectant faces, I most likely would have proceeded to wail and sob disgustingly into my pillow. The dream – despite its awful content – seemed almost like the perfect epilogue to my dilemma, but alas! It was too good to be true.

Their presence only meant I was still trapped within Cullen’s body, and I buried my face in my hands with disappointment. I could hear the phone on the bedside vibrate madly as it did last night, but ignored its irritating fits as it continued shuffling around on the end table. Just what was it with this guy’s friends and their endless texting?

‘Jimin, you poked him too hard!’ V cried, staring at the brown haired one – now named Jimin – with a relative amount of child-like irritation.

Jimin stepped back quickly with his arms up in surrender. ‘Hey, if anyone is to blame here, it’s Jungkook!’

The youth whipped his head up at this and the two stared at him apologetically. ‘Maknae’s gotta take the fall, man.’

The squirre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter