Epilogue

Peaches and Suga
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue .27.

 

‘Oh, king of wind…!’ I dabbed at my eyes dramatically, sniffing. ‘I’m going to miss you!’

Sehun stood slumped against the doorway of his apartment with a box of tissues nestled in the crook of his arm; the other placed over his stomach in a protective gesture. He rolled his eyes characteristically at my flawless acting before nudging me out the apartment with his eyebrows, to which I complied.

‘You’re saying that like I’m dying, Momo,’ he commented, absently adjusting a few wayward strands of hair between his eyes.

‘It’s just food poisoning. I know a bunch of people who’ve survived this.’

I took a moment to stare at him gravely, and the unwavering look of seriousness on my face seemed to alarm him for a brief moment despite how composed he tried to appear. ‘Sehun, what if this continues? What if this becomes incurable and…’

His eyes zoned in on me and I gulped hard; the tension thick between us with anticipation. ‘And… and what if you don’t ever get a girlfriend?’

I cracked up, quickly earning a playful imaginary kick from the boy who looked like he seriously considered what I had to say back there for a while.

‘Yeah, yeah, go on,’ he chuckled. ‘Keep bragging because someone isn’t single anymore.’

I felt my face flush at his words. ‘W-well…’

‘Aish, why so serious? You’re the one who looks like you’re about to die. Chill, Momo. You got what you really wanted all this time, so look a little more alive!’

Despite Sehun actually not talking nonsense this time, I still struggled with the fact that what transpired last night was real. It was so otherworldly that it seemed too good to be true. I even began to question again what honestly happened: did I really meet him last night at the theatre? Did he save me from Jiho? … Is he really blonde? I felt every girly part of me tingle pleasantly at the thought of these questions being answered with a yes, and felt giddy at the new life ahead of me. A life that this time, wasn’t a dream. A life with Yoongi.

‘You’re lucky I didn’t get my debut,’ he mumbled; an impish smirk finding its way on his face.

I nodded; a smile lingering on my lips from the thought of what Suga and I shared. ‘Oh no, do I sense some snarky comment?’

His smirk turned into a grin. ‘Yes. Because if I did end up performing, you would have missed one hell of a show thanks to your love story there.’

 

It took a few more minutes for Sehun and I to exchange goodbyes and thanking him for his hospitality. It was a pity the chap didn’t after all perform thanks to the stomach bug he acquired (courtesy of the disgusting bubble tea combinations I’m certain he consumed), but in a way, things seemingly worked out in my favour.

Not to mention Sehun’s missing roommate was arriving earlier than expected from China due to personal reasons I didn’t question, and things couldn’t have fallen into place for me at a better time.

‘I’m home…!’ I pushed open the front door of his apartment; warm air greeting me the moment I entered.

Silence exchanged greetings with me, however I didn’t take to calling out for Suga because the next thing that greeted me was the tragic state of the living room. In fact, the living space looked completely untouched; it was in the state I’d left it in that time when I still lived here in his body. I stared wide-eyed at it, taken aback by the startling sight, however before I could approach the mess, the man I expected popped out from the bedroom door further down the passage…

And the sight of his blonde hair did illegal things to me for an instant. ‘You’re here,’ he acknowledged, disappearing again behind the bedroom door before I could respond.

‘Give me a minute!’

‘Oh…,’ I said; eyes lingering on the bedroom door, as if expecting him to rush out suddenly and wrap me in his arms, however that didn’t happen. ‘Uh—OK. I’ll just… do something. In the meantime.’

It was safe to say I felt just a tad disappointed by his—well—lack of enthusiasm in regards to my presence. Personally I was bursting at the seams with all kinds of flustered giddiness; something similar to a teenager who got the jock falling head over heels for her when nobody else could… or perhaps my expectations really were after all ridiculous. The sore feet, the exhaustion, the man I loved whisking me off my feet because he couldn’t do without me for even a second—

Ok. Yes. That’s so stupid, I almost snorted at myself, quickly calming my racing heart as I proceeded to take in my messy surroundings. I felt embarrassed for expecting such unrealistic things of him, but the previous night perhaps fueled my overactive imagination like you cannot believe… and all there was to blame was Suga’s sweet talk that never in a hundred years I believed was possible.

It was amusing for a moment then as I kicked up imaginary dirt to think he could be that cheesy but nonetheless romantic despite his otherwise tough, unapproachable exterior. Although every time I recalled the incident, my body went into as much overdrive as my mind. And that kiss—

‘Yah, stop, stop…!’ I mumbled absently, patting my red hot cheeks as I scolded my heart to behave.

And unwilling to give into the horrid fever and high blood pressure even the thought of how intimate we’d been gave me, I quickly got off the sofa and began working on cleaning up to keep myself occupied.

Unsure of how long Suga would be and just what on earth he was doing in there, I began picking up the scattered articles of clothing on the floor. Some shirts were even draped over the sofa that I approached again, and I wondered if he cleaned the place up at all ever since I’d left because it certainly didn’t look like it. I stared at the sofa with as much disdain I’d muster towards moldy bread because it even collected a thin layer of dust on it thanks to his general lack of attention within the square area.

‘Yoongi, this place looks horrible,’ I commented loud enough for him to hear, patting the cushions with my palms which allowed for the dust to float off conveniently.

‘What have you been—’

‘Doing?’

 

I practically jumped out my skin at how close his voice was to my ear. But I was certain the thing that frightened me more was the fact that I could feel his hot breath against the side of my neck at that question.

‘Yah…!’ I shouted in surprise and turned; the skin of my neck where his breath touched tingling like crazy. ‘Holy cow. D-don’t sneak up on me like…’

What was supposed to be a graceful turn in his direction transformed me into a walnut spinning on its axis thanks to my suddenly flustered state. I lost my footing for a brief moment and could almost see myself falling flat against the wall directly behind the sofa with arms flailing forward, but Suga seized my wrist within the blink of an eye and his other hand pressed against the small of my back to steady me.

I breathed out in shock, allowing for my weight to settle in his embrace out of relief. ‘Y-yikes, that was close…’

‘Pabo…!’ he scolded, looking genuinely vexed with what I could only assume was accompanied by worry in his furrowed eyebrows. ‘You just got here and you’re attempting stupid things.’

I frowned back at him. ‘Well you saved me, right? Isn’t that what your manly strength’s for?’

I could tell Suga had some sort of retort for that and waited for it, however before he could say anything else to perhaps lead us into some kind of argument, his irritation and concern melted into something I found awfully foreign yet familiar: reverence. I searched his eyes curiously before placing the look, and paired with the realization that he had his hands on my body and he was leaning in a little closer towards my face, I felt my cheeks flare and my heart race madly.

‘I-I should—uh…’ I blurted, untangling myself quickly from his arms and turned to face the other way again to hide whatever awfully messy expression I probably had on then.

‘I should… do something—oh yeah! I should make the sofa for me! You know, since I’m back and all, ha-ha-ha!’

I could have kicked myself in the for acting like such a fool in front of him thanks to my incredibly flustered state, and to keep calm, I began throwing the blankets and cushions from the sofa all over the place to look busy. I ought to have been used to physical contact with him considering it never affected me like this back when we were in each other’s bodies, yet thanks to that look he gave me that simply dripped with adoration, my mind was a complete mess. Not to mention he just tried to kiss me…!

Crap, did I mess up? It hadn’t occurred to me any earlier, but the fact that I was the one who pulled away suddenly made me realize the impending ramifications. What if he thought I was being cold? What if he doesn't want me anymore? Of course I wanted that kiss, but I got so embarrassed I couldn’t respond. Oh no, what if I screwed up everything—

‘Momo, seriously, what are you doing?’ he called out from the kitchen, pulling me out my reverie.

 

Well, it was a lot better than him whispering in my bloody ear, I’ll tell you that. But the moment I turned around to face him, Suga – a few feet away from me behind the counter, eating something off a fork – gave me a look so incredulous that I followed his line of sight only to find I had thrown almost everything from the sofa onto the floor… cushions included, leaving it’s bare skeleton practically exposed. Surprised that I’d been so deep in thought while fiddling with the thing, I rushed to pick up the scattered objects quickly; Suga watching me curiously all the while.

‘I’m just fluffing everything out,’ I say, clearing my throat to try and cover up how ridiculous that sounded. ‘I’m not going to sleep on dust, thank you very much.’

Suga cocked an eyebrow at that. ‘I’ve prepared the bedroom for you, just by the way.’

I turned around slowly, slightly taken aback by what I just heard, and felt my heart swell with a pleasant warmth. If ever Suga had been a gentleman towards me, this gesture of his was most likely the thing that takes the cake.

‘Oh, that’s… nice. Thanks,’ I smiled coyly at him, feeling that pleasant warmth spread to my cheeks.

‘Well then, I’m making up the sofa for…’

‘The guests,’ he quickly interjected, pointing his fork at me as if he just remembered something, and his eyes widened too.

‘Damn, I completely forgot about that…!’

I cocked an eyebrow. ‘Guests? What guests?’

I stared at him like he was stupid as he scurried around the living room like a madman, sending even more articles of clothing into the air in search of something. But after a moment of intense looking, he pulled out his wallet from somewhere under the pile of books on his coffee table and after slotting it into his back pocket, made his way towards me.

‘The rest is a surprise,’ he said to me, pulling off my backpack that I still had on and completely forgot about, thereafter grabbing my hand as we headed for the front door.

I groaned, however followed compliantly. ‘Yoongi, you’re awful.’

‘Don’t you like surprises?’ he said in a bit of a sing-song way, smiling at me from over his shoulder. ‘Or more importantly, don’t you trust me?’

I felt a ghost of a smile creep onto my face at his words because it didn’t take me long to realize just where he got them from. And still relatively warm and fuzzy inside, I didn’t question his antics any further. I simple squeezed his hand back tightly and followed him into the nearby convenience store where we bought all kinds of delicious food items.

I’d missed doing a lot of things together with Suga, and one of those things was definitely food shopping. Unlike clothes th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter