Oh! Sehun

Peaches and Suga
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh! Sehun .10.

 

‘So…,’ Sehun pinched the bridge of his nose with fierce concentration.

‘You’re trying to tell me you fell through the stage after arguing like nuts in the theatre, woke up in each other’s bodies, went back to the theatre to find the manager, found out this morning that the place is under renovation for the next month, and that you guys have no idea what to do right now?’

‘… Unfortunately, everything you just said is 100% accurate.’

 

1 hour earlier…

Suga stared with languid scrutiny at the unfamiliar hand on the table ahead him.

Combined with the cold gray light from the large window beside him and the milk white skin of the small slender hand that was now his, he frowned at the mix of emotions it stirred within him. An eerie recollection of memories sleep had helped him package into the dark recesses of his mind began to surface again against his will. Looking at the hand with such intensity sent a ghostly chill down his spine.

Why? He asked himself time and time again, and even though he wanted nothing to do with the memories flooding back into his mind, his heart denied him the ignorance.

His eyes were fixed to the fingers on the table; a dark mass growing like a thin, ink-bludgeoned sheet of paper in his conscience as he stared at it. Dark green lines on the surface pulsing with the closer he looked; life coursing through the appendage in vivid motion… it was a lot like hers. A lot like how her hands used to look when he held them during the mornings he found her beside him; the mornings when she was still present. Small and petite. Frail like a decorative, porcelain dove.

‘I am dead. I am so dead.’

The gaping hole of darkness in his mind withdrew immediately with her words. The image he created fell apart in the process, and he looked up from the hands in front of him and stared at his doppelganger from across the café table. The girl in his body had her face buried in her hands and the phone now tossed aside; a tired groan sounding at the base of .

Suga blinked at her tiredly. ‘What?’

It was probably the 10th time she’d said those words since this morning when she’d pulled him out of bed abruptly and dragged him to the nearest coffee store, apparently for a drink she’d been craving since weeks ago. He’d had his doubts about waking up, of course. Sleep was a blissful pit of nothing. It ceased the constant buzzing in his mind; the inexplicably growing lump of numb blankness in his conscience… sleep was something he at this point desperately craved, however the girl was so noisy he had no choice but to go along with her.

‘I just got off the phone with ahjussi, and…’

‘And?’

‘Kunai, shuriken…’ she frantically mumbled to herself with toneless melody, before glancing back out the window looking like a madman. ‘He says the theatre is undergoing renovations since yesterday, and—uh—it may reopen any time within the next few weeks… maybe a month, he said. Oh God, I don’t know.’

Suga pressed his thumb against his bottom lip and reclined in the chair. The sleep still tugged at his eyes despite the cold morning sun peeping through the rain clouds behind the large café window beside him, and despite the pressing anxiety in her words, all he could think of was sleep. Like a stimulant, it was all he wanted.

‘Renovations…’ he mumbled absently.

‘Dude, isn’t it obvious?’ she slammed her hands on the table. ‘We fell through the stage, right? And I swear ahjussi must have seen that happen, I mean, he even asked if you were OK on the phone! He said something else too about your poems, and… holy cow, I’m—I’m so dead, I don’t have a month to wait out like this…!’

‘Woman…’

‘It’s Momoe, fool!’

Suga rolled his eyes. ‘Don’t freak out, OK? Losing your mind is the last thing we need right now.’

She immediately shot him a distressed look. ‘Don’t freak out? In case you’ve forgotten, sir, we have SWAPPED BODIES…! How in the—’

 

Suga leaped across the table quickly and planted both hands on her lips as the waitress came around with a tray balanced on her outstretched, spider thin fingers. Her eyes lingered on them questioningly for a moment but Suga smiled at her just as fast, prompting the distribution of their drinks. Snap, snap, her bubblegum went.

‘Uh…,’ she continued eyeing them carefully as she placed the serviettes in the middle of the table in a finale-like swoop. ‘Can I get you anything else?’

Suga quickly shot Momoe a warning look before sinking back into his chair; a single hand still remaining on the girl’s cheek from across him just in case she lost her marbles again.

‘No thanks. We’re good.’

Snap, snap. She threw Suga a look that dripped with more disdain than confusion, and then her eyes wandered to the girl in his body across the table. The waitress leered at her and smiled charmingly before pivoting on her heel to the new group of customers that walked in, and Suga watched the scene with a mixture of amusement and mild disgust. His friends often mindlessly about the amount of attention he attracted especially ever since dying his hair seashell pink a few months back, but seeing the proof of the pudding irked him in a new sort of way.

However, he was the only one who seemingly took note of the scene. Momoe was so intent on the newly-arrived drink that she perhaps wouldn’t have even registered if a zoo broke out in the café.

But then Suga noticed something else… something a little more disconcerting. He watched his own eyes redden and sparkle with fresh tears as they glistened across from him, and her lips quivered as she put the drink down; half the mug already consumed despite the drink being piping hot. Is she crying? He panicked a little.

‘Hey, hey…,’ his voice took on an awkward tenderness as he moved the hand from her cheek to her shoulder, squeezing it so awkwardly that the motion was akin to that of a robotic series of responses. ‘Shh, don’t cry…’

‘But I want to cry, dangit,’ she frowned, and he watched his own Adam’s apple bounce violently as she swallowed hard.

‘I want churros. I want ginger nuts. I want all kinds of chocolate and ice-cream while I watch Ninja Warriors tonight, and I want another massive cup of chai tea because I think I’m going to puke.’

Suga’s eyes rounded with worry. ‘Shh, it’s OK, it’s OK… uh…’

He had no idea what to say, and the fact that the new customers and even the few staff present were looking at them like they were aliens made his ears go red with embarrassment.

‘Oh my God, is she making him cry?’

‘I can’t believe girls these days…!’

‘They must be breaking up.’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter