You had me at hello

The Little Things

Mino sighed heavily for the countless time today. It was his last day at the café where he had been working part-time during the school break with his good friend Seunghoon. 

“Come on, it is not the end of the world… We could always come back here to chill. It is not too far from school anyways.” Seunghoon told the boy with a dramatic roll to his eyes.

“It was so fun working here! I got meet nice and interesting people.” Mino muttered.

“By the time you get to your classes on Monday, you won’t be this sad anymore.” Seunghoon could not help but to tease.

“I hate that you are going to be right.” Mino muttered just before the bell rang to signal that a customer had just walked in.

Mino lifted to his feet to get ready for the order taking only to come face to face with a boy.

Well, it was safe to say he felt as though a bolt of lightning struck a guy by the name of Song Minho. He figured if anyone could see him right now, he would have been likened to looking like a goldfish.

The boy standing in front of him had the most beautiful pale skin with dark hair and had a cute pair of droopy eyebrows.

“Hello…”

The stranger had such a beautiful sounding voice too which Mino noted that matched very well with the owner.

“I would like to place an order?” The boy asked carefully.

Mino felt as though someone just hit him with the stupid stick.

“Ermm sorry…  Hello… What would you like to have today?” Mino asked when he finally found his voice and sanity back again.

“Can I get a vanilla latte to go?” The cute boy asked tentatively.

“Sure...”

Mino did not know how he managed to serve the boy because he swore that his mind was working properly and he was trying hard not to stare at the boy waiting by the collection counter.

He figured that he could probably watch the boy all day and not get tired or bored because his expression on his face was just too cute.

“Seunghoon-ah, have you ever been swept off your feet?” Mino asked as he watched the good looking guy walking out of the café.

“Nope… now move, I need to sweep the floor…”

“I have just been swept off my feet.” Mino muttered dreamily.

“I don’t care if you have been swept off your feet… If you do not move from your spot, I am definitely going to sweep you off your feet with my broom!” Seunghoon grumbled causing Mino to laugh loudly as he shifted out of the way. 

~~~~~~~~~~

It was the start of the new school year and Mino could not be happier. It meant that he could hang out with his schoolmates and a new soccer season with the school league.

There was something telling him that this year was going interesting. He could feel it in his gut. He could not wait to get to school as he pedaled his bike a little faster.

His thoughts also drifted to the cute boy he saw at his last day of work. He wondered if he was ever going to see the boy again. He regretted for being so tongue-tied that he forgot to at least get his name.  

After all, it is always nicer to have a name to the face that one cannot seem to get it out of.

“Yah! Watch out!” Mino yelled out to the guy in front of him with his headphone plugged in and was nodding his head to an inaudible beat that was playing.

Mino regretted daydreaming about some cute boy instead of concentrating on what was in front him. However, with his quick reflexes, Mino just barely managed to swerve his bike just in the nick of time to avoid knocking the guy.

He quickly got down from his bike and ran to the guy who was clutching to the school gate in shock trying to calm down his breathing.

“I am so sorry for just now… I was not paying attention to where I was going and nearly…” The rest of his words died on his lips when the boy lifted his head to look at Mino.

He could not believe that it was the same guy who came by the café on his last day of work.

Today was definitely going to be his lucky day.

“It is okay, Minho-ssi…  I am fine…” The boy answered a little breathlessly.

“Wait… you know my name?” Mino asked in shock. He figured his expression might be a little dumb because the guy in front of him laughed softly and it sounded like so funny that it made Mino want to laugh along with him.

“You are the captain of our school’s soccer team. It is a bit hard not to know who you are.” The boy answered easily as he adjusted the straps of his backpack.

“Well, since you already know my name, may I know yours? At least I know who I almost ran over.” Mino asked as he picked up his bike and pushed it along as he walked beside the guy.

The boy laughed softly again before he turned to face Mino with his right arm out.

“I am Nam Taehyun, the guy who was nearly ran over by your bike.”

Mino could not deny the little jerk in his system when he took Taehyun’s outstretched hand for a handshake. He wondered what Taehyun did to have such soft hands.

“It is nice to meet you, Nam Taehyun. As you already know, I am Song Minho…”

Even the sound of his name was so good!

“So what were you thinking about that made you took your mind off your surroundings?” Taehyun asked curiously.

“What I am going to have for lunch.” Mino lied quickly.

More like thinking about you? Mino silently answered in his head.  

“Well, I hope you have a great lunch later then. It was nice meeting you, Minho-ssi…” Taehyun answered before he headed towards the direction of his class.

Once again, Mino was struck by how good looking Nam Taehyun was.

~~~~~~~~~~

“’Seunghoon-ah… I think I am in love…” Mino muttered during class to his seat partner.

He had just finished telling the whole story about the encounter he had with a particular Nam Taehyun.

“You barely even know him or talk to him and now you are telling me that you might be in love?” Seunghoon could not help but to ask incredulously. 

“You did not even know of his existence until last Friday and now you think that you might be falling in love? Do you even know what love is?”

“You don’t understand. It is different.”

“No, I don’t understand and I am not too sure if I want to even begin to try and understand.” Seunghoon answered with a roll of his eyes.

“It will definitely change in the future. I will get to know Taehyun better. Trust me…” Mino declared with a look of determination written on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Taehyunie…” Taehyun’s best friend, Park Bom, asked as she took her seat beside Taehyun in the cafeteria during lunch break.

“Hmmm?” Taehyun answered absently as he stuffed more of his lunch into his mouth.

“Did you piss off Song Minho or something?” She asked suspiciously.

“No I didn’t… Why are you asking that?” Taehyun looked up to take a look at where she was looking at. True enough, Taehyun saw Minho giving him a wave before he started to dig into his lunch.

“That is because he was staring at you the whole time just now?” Bom answered and his two other good friends, Sandara and Seungyoon turned just to see Minho staring at their friend again.

“He does not seem mad… In fact, he looked kind of friendly? Like you both know each other or something?” Sandara observed.

“Did something happen?” Bom asked again.

Taehyun just sighed and relayed to his friends the last two encounters starting from the café to what happen on his way to school just that morning. He was so engrossed in retelling his little run-ins with Minho that he completely missed the way his best friends were looking at him with big questioning eyes.

“What?” Taehyun asked when he finally noticed their silence.

“I think someone there has a crush on you!” Dara exclaimed excitedly.

“Huh? How did you even get that?”

“It is sixth sense, Taehyunie. Don’t doubt a woman’s intuition. I agree with Dara. I think he likes you. Plus he had moony eyes when he was looking at you just now…” Bom explained.

“I don’t think so… He is just being friendly.” Taehyun commented as he looked to towards the direction where Minho was joined with the rest of the school’s soccer team.

“Mark my words Taehyunie… Song Minho likes you. I can tell.” Dara commented as she looked at her good friend.

~~~~~~~~~~

They did not talk much after the first day of classes since Mino belonged to upper year while Taehyun was a year younger. However, Mino would always stop for a simple greeting and chat whenever they met in the hallways in between their classes.

Therefore, it was a surprise for Taehyun to see Mino in the same room as the music teacher. He wondered what happened that Mino was also here in the teacher’s room as well.

“Taehyun! You are just the person I need to see. Please take a seat.”

Taehyun carefully took a seat beside Mino who was smiling at him and waited for their music teacher to speak.

“As you both know that the graduation ceremony for the previous year students will be held in 2 months’ time. I would like you both to work together to come up with a song.”

Taehyun looked up at the teacher with a surprised and confused expression on his face.

“You both are my best students and hope that you both would work together and produce a song.”

“Sure, I would love to be part of this project.” Mino answered easily.

“Any objections, Taehyun?”

“No, I don’t have any objections.” Taehyun answered carefully not noticing that the guy beside him was grinning widely in excitement.

“Great! I will look forward to it then!”

They left the office together awkwardly in silence. Taehyun did not quite know what to say so he figured it was best not to say anything at all.

“Hello Taehyun. I just realised that we have not greeted yet.” Mino greeted all of a sudden.

“He… Hello Minho-ssi.” Taehyun stuttered.

Taehyun was feeling nervous from the way the older guy was standing so close to him and looking intently at his face. His heart started to beat a little faster in his chest.

He wondered why he was having such a reaction in his system when Minho now was less than a two feet away from him.

“Taehyun?”

“Hmmm?”

“Just call me Mino hyung. There is no need to be so formal.”

Taehyun did not know what but he blushed at the words.

Oh god something is really wrong with him…. He needs to escape… FAST…

“I will see you later then Mino hyung.” Taehyun mumbled before he tried to slip pass the guy only to have Mino grabbing him lightly by the arm.

“Wait, can I get your number? So it is easier for us to arrange and meet up to discuss the project?” Mino asked the guy in front of him who was blushing so cutely at that moment.

“Oh... Okay sure.” Taehyun answered before rattling off the number of his mobile which had Mino quickly taking out his and recording Taehyun’s contact.

Mino watched with amusement as the younger guy quickly made his escape. It did not go unnoticed to him how Taehyun was so embarrassed and blushing so cutely. He took his mobile phone back out again to quickly draft a message to a number he was sure he was going to remember for a long time.

Hey… It is Mino so are you free this Saturday to discuss the project?

“This year is definitely going to be so interesting. I am so looking forward to getting to know you even better…” Mino mumbled before he made his way back to his class. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Hihi sorry i have been a bit behind in my updates recently... I am starting with this first before posting my other ones... I hope you liked this little drabble! :) As usual, no silent readers please! i try to reply to every comment... but if I dont it does not mean i dont read them! :) Happy Tuesday, people!