epilogue

Things That Fall

epilogue


(double update)

 

Chorong sat on the bench next to the fountain, the sound of the flowing water behind her coupled with the blooming flowers accompanying her in the park. She checked her watch – Junmyeon was running late. He did say that his professor was keen of keeping his students even after the bell.

 

A few minutes later Junmyeon came running, literally, to her, and Chorong smiled just at mere sight of her boyfriend. Junmyeon stopped in front of her, panting, and he had to bend down to regain his breathe. Chorong’s smile just got wider.

 

“Sorry—‘m late,” Junmyeon wheezed, still trying to control his breath.

 

“Nope, it’s fine, already told Jinwoo and Joohyun we’ll be thirty minutes late, so take your time.” She patted the space next to her in the bench, signaling for Junmyeon to sit, and as soon as he seated Chorong handed him a bottle of water she already prepared before.

 

“Thanks, Rong.” Junmyeon uncapped the bottle and he tilted his neck back to drink, but then he noticed the stare he received from Chorong. “What’s the matter?”

 

Chorong knew that staring was a bad habit, and at first she was so conscious about it, got startled every time Junmyeon caught her. But then she noticed how shy or flustered Junmyeon got when it happened, and how at times she caught him staring too. Times like that she remembered that she no longer harbor a one-sided feeling for her best friend, that he liked her too, and that she gave him the same butterflies in the stomach.

 

So now she’s no longer being discreet about the staring.

 

Besides, who wouldn’t stare at Junmyeon, to be honest? When he’s looking so good.

 

Junmyeon had cut his hair after entering college – it’s short, he no longer had the bangs that covered his forehead, and he dyed it back to black. It’s actually the shortest Junmyeon had since they entered high school, and Chorong felt like she had a crush on Junmyeon all over again when he first showed up with the haircut – he just looked so neat, so fresh, so handsome, so—

 

Joohyun had placed her palm over Chorong’s mouth and said with a sigh, “I get it, Chorongie, Junmyeon’s cute with the haircut. Now can you please stop blushing every time he glances at you?”

 

And since Summer’s approaching, Junmyeon ditched the jackets, only wearing a simple green plaid button down shirt, tucked neatly on the dark jeans he wore. The sleeves were rolled up just about the elbows, revealing his pale skin and the veins on his arms.

 

Attractive just wasn’t enough to describe him.

 

“Nothing,” Chorong said, smiling. “Just… admiring the view.”

 

Junmyeon reddened in an instant, drinking his water awkwardly and muttered, “You’re so cheesy.”

 

Chorong chuckled, taking back the bottle after Junmyeon’s finished and put it in her bag. When she’s done, it was Junmyeon’s turn to stare at her.

 

“… Admiring the view, too?” she teased even though her heartbeat picked up under Junmyeon’s gaze.

 

Sometimes, Junmyeon still had the look on his eyes.

 

Like he had something to say to her.

 

But now Chorong knew what he had to say without he even needed to.

 

Junmyeon his lips and he turned his head, checking their surroundings. There weren’t many people in this time around, the nearest couple was too busy giggling at their phones. After making sure no one would pay attention to them, Junmyeon grabbed Chorong’s elbow and pulled her close.

 

“Come here,” he said, leaning forward at the same time.

 

His lips touched Chorong’s, pressing gently, just for a brief moment but enough to make her heart felt full with affection and she fluttered her eyes close, pressing back to Junmyeon’s lips.

 

When Junmyeon pulled back he’s even redder than before. Being intimate in public just wasn’t really his thing.

 

“We should—We should get going. Jinwoo and Joohyun are waiting.” Junmyeon cleared his throat and stood up, grabbing his bag and hoisted it over his shoulder. “Um. Let’s go.” Without looking he extended his hand for Chorong.

 

She stared at the hand – just for a second, taking in the fact that he’s hers, that he wanted her the same way she wanted him, that he felt what she felt, and he’s here to stay.

 

Chorong was every bit of falling for Junmyeon.

 

Chorong took the hand, intertwining their fingers as she got up. She smiled when Junmyeon looked at her.

 

“… Let’s go.”

 

 


 

 

 

 

I'm aware that this story has flaws but I'm just glad I can finish something this story.

I kep on re-writing the confession part because WHAT PEOPLE DO AFTER CONFESSING??? It's just so awkward, man.

Anyway thank you for reading, comment is highly appreciated!

 

 

Some references:

Solar and Jimin is MAMAMOO's Solar and AOA's Jimin, the 91er girl group leaders (along with Chorong and Irene and I need that OT4 to happen). Solar being possibly bi is from their MV while Jimin and the mid-school kid is from her dating rumor with iKON's Jinhwan (he's a 94er).

I acknowledge Suho is handsome but I never really attracted to him until he's blonde he cut his hair short. I have a major crush on him. The epilogue Suho is from 150717. I need to stop writing Suho, it gives me stupid feelings about him. (Damn you, noonim!!!)