happiness... then what?

BJUNHOMARS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

yoonmin/yoongi x oc | pg-13 | 2.6k w | angst

summary: yoongi has lost track of where friendship ends and love begins. and he’s lost track of what love really is.

a/n: based on nicki minaj’s grand piano and a lin’s happiness… then what? which is from this JJPROJECT video // a bit self indulgent, and for one of my best friends, char <3 

warnings: mentions of cheating, and bad end.

 

~

So young and naive to think you were

"Oh, really?" Yoongi smiles at his girlfriend, hugging her. "You’re amazing, babe, I don’t know how you couldn’t have won.”

His girlfriend smiles and internally he feels guilty. He owes her a lot, and he needs to stay with her. Because he knows that if he leaves…

"I couldn’t have done it without your encouragement and help, oppa!" She grins and mutters something about a piano recital as she waves at him and rushes to her next class.

… she might break.

-

Which one of us has changed?

Jimin is Dahyun’s best friend. Start to end, alpha to omega. They stick together. Dahyun met Yoongi through her older brother Hoseok, who was in the same writing class as Yoongi.

They meet, they become friends. With friendship comes the exchange of numbers, and with the exchange of phone numbers comes the all night texting sessions. Yoongi asks her out and they go on dates. They quickly rise to popularity and become one of their campus’ couples.

Jimin loved Dahyun. Dahyun was the moon to his stars, the jam to his bread. He loved her enough to always take care of her, and put her first. But somehow loving her wasn’t enough to stay away from her boyfriend.

-

Blind and stupid for loving you

Yoongi doesn’t know where it started; where friendship ended and cheating began. He didn’t know how, when or what happened to make it end like this.

The last time Yoongi checked, he was straight and in love with a girl. The next thing Yoongi knew, he was cheating on that girl with her best friend.

"Let’s run away," Jimin whispers after a makeout session. "To somewhere no one will find us."

Suddenly, Yoongi’s hyperaware of everything that’s happening, and how wrong it is. He just knows that he can’t hold on to Jimin and stay selfish to Dahyun, he can’t keep them both. He knows, but somehow he loves them both.

But he can’t keep them both.

-

I can feel you but I can’t reach your soul

The next thing the next morning, Yoongi meets Dahyun at their usual table. He kisses her and sits down across from her. He notes that she isn’t as jolly as her usual self, but he ignores it.

"Morning," she says gruffly, and Yoongi notes again that she wasn’t doing well.

"Is there anything wrong?" Yoongi asks, taking her hand.

She sighs and puts her head in her hands. “It’s just… I’m worried about the recital later.” She frowns and continues, “The piano isn’t my violin, I’m scared I’ll mess up.”

"No, I’m sure you’ll do great," Yoongi assures her and smiles. "Even if you don’t, that won’t change anything."

"Really?" She gets up, narrowing her eyes. "You can’t undo what’s already done."

"Woah, where are you going?" Yoongi panics, scared that he set off his girlfriend. "Class doesn’t start in fifteen minutes, sit down."

Dahyun reluctantly compiles.

"Look, babe, don’t worry about the recital," he says, "Don’t stress. You’ll do well."

He says that because he knows what she’s capable of. She’s an accomplished musician, awarded many times over for her violin and even piano pieces. She was one of the top performers in the country.

She stays silent and Yoongi looks over her shoulder to see what she was doing. She was sending a message to her brother, accompanied by a dozen emojis. He smiles to himself.

He averts the topic to his new lyrical piece, asking her about her opinion on a certain backstory for his new song.

How Dahyun is accomplished in the violin and the piano, Yoongi is in lyrics.

"Maybe something like, ‘don’t bluff anymore, I know you like me too.’"

She laughs, squinting at Yoongi. “Sounds like Got7’s Bad Behavior. JB, is that you?”

They fall into a comfortable conversation, like any normal couple.

Yoongi internally relaxes, happy that Dahyun seemed back to normal. He doesn’t really know why he panicked, Dahyun couldn’t have possibly known. He and Jimin were impossibly careful, and Yoongi shakes off the feeling. Dahyun couldn’t possibly have known.

She probably meant that if she messed up in her recital, she couldn’t undo that, Yoongi thinks.

But after that, Dahyun says something that makes Yoongi rethink all he thought he had known.


“Oh, and by the way,” Dahyun said, standing up after the bell rang, “I wasn’t talking about the recital.”

-

Wrapped up in lies and foolish truths

The recital gets unexpectedly moved to a different date, much to Dahyun’s relief. As compensation for the performers, they get to choose a certain song to be played in their college.

Yoongi laughs at Dahyun’s choice of a chinese song, saying that she is too obsessed with doing well in their second language. Their college offered Chinese as a minor, and Dahyun was one of the people who took the class.

Dahyun looks up as the song starts playing. “You should look up the meaning, oppa.”

Yoongi scoffs as she continues, “Or I could tell you when I get back from class. But I’m not sure if I’ll still see you, my classes end really late today.”

"Should I wait for you?" Yoongi asks.

"No, Hoseok-oppa’s classes end around the same time as mine, so I’ll just wait for him."

"Don’t worry, I’ll search up the meaning myself." Dahyun smiles and they continue their conversation to meeting up the next day after Dahyun’s rescheduled recital.

The bell interrupts their conversation again as Dahyun gets up and tells him as she smiles, “That is Jimin’s favo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter