Chapter 11

The Dusk and The Dawn~ (DROPPED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A long update because I skipped uni today since I am sick.

Word count : 2952

 

 

Sehun chuckles, running his fingers through sulking Lu Han’s soft hair occasionally tangling his fingers around the strands. He is not surprised about his continuous amusement towards the pediatrician’s behavior. Lu Han has a new side to show to Sehun every day.

“Really Sehun, that dumb maid thinks me as some kind of a porcelain doll! She doesn’t let me to do anything, not even to switch off the damn TV like I will drop dead if I press that damn button on the remote which is so stupid. And your chuffer, he has totally lost it tailing me like a puppy whenever I set my foot outside that front door! Oh for god’s sake this is so annoying! Why they are giving me an extra headache? I am not crippled or disabled! I just had a blow to my head and a surgery! That is not even a big one!”

Lu Han goes ranting like the child he is and Sehun wonders whether this is his usual behavior when he is extremely grumpy or it is an aftermath of concussion. Sehun’s eye brows furrow at the thought. He needs to talk to Dr. Park about this, also to that sweet Dr. Zhang who seems to be a best friend of Lu Han.

It is becoming a tradition between the two doctors somehow, Sehun greeting Lu Han coming home after work and Lu Han throwing fits over the ill-treatments Sehun’s maid or chauffer did to him. Lu Han is on sick leave, recovering after the surgery, living in Sehun’s comfy home because Sehun doesn’t want Lu Han to stay at the other side of the city alone. His friends of course stepped forward to take care of him but Sehun kindly asked them to take the responsibility to his hands.

Dr. Oh is a busy cardiothoracic surgeon who has tight schedules but he manages to get some day offs with the enormous help of Dr. Wu, the other cardiothoracic surgeon who understands Sehun’s unspoken requests. He mostly relives Sehun offering a big hand to deal with his daily routine for which Sehun is more than thankful. He does his scheduled surgeries and does mandatory patient checkups and of course tries his best to comply his work schedule before goes home. Mostly he is on call. Sehun living ten minutes away from the hospital helps him with the situation a lot.

“Sehun! Are you even listening?”

Lu Han snaps, dragging Sehun back to the world. Sehun pinches Lu Han’s cheek and smiles.

“Yes Han, I am. They were tailing you because I told them to do that. I wanted them to keep their eye on you just in case”

Sehun admits watching Lu Han’s lips curling into a frown. Lu Han scoffs, folding his arms against his chest.

“I can take care of myself just fine. I don’t need a baby sitter”

Sehun sighs, patting Lu Han’s thigh.

“I know Han, I am sorry. I will tell them to stop bothering you okay? But you have to go with the chauffer if you want to go out. You are not cleared to drive alone.”

Lu Han rolls his eyes at this and huffs but doesn’t decide against it.

“Fine”

Sehun ruffles his golden brown hair, earning a painful slap from the latter. He whines with a loud “Ouch” only to be neglected by a stomping Lu Han who is storming out of the living room.

Sehun leans back to the couch feeling tired all of a sudden. He isn’t feeling tired of Lu Han but of his schedules running between his home and hospital constantly.

 Lu Han is a bright person from his nature. You can say he is a pure living symbol of Christmas because the joy radiating from his existence is almost tangible though it is hard to believe. He is a chirpy bubbly young man who had passion and undoubtedly an undying commitment for what he does.

Sehun acknowledges that. Lu Han is vibrant and youthful despite his real age and his cheerful attitudes definitely can be known as a perk of being a pediatrician who lives long years with bundles of joy called children. Those little lives have definitely to do something with Lu Han’s never ending bright smile but Sehun ponders now why Lu Han is always border lining to break into a tantrum when things doesn’t happen in his way unlike before which is very odd.

Sehun had seen how Lu Han reacted to a child who died in his hands despite his endless efforts of saving the life. Lu Han would be remorseful and sad but after a few hours he would come out of the misery, accepting the reality of life. He would smile a little and it would take some more hours to him to shake those guilty and grief completely but he would never throw fits like a child who dropped his favorite ice cream.

But now Sehun is shocked to see how Lu Han throws a book away just because the ending doesn’t match with his taste or how he angrily screams if he doesn’t let Lu Han to eat an extra ice cream scoop.

 

Oh Sehun feels his heart beat quickens as he deduces into a possible conclusion. He shudders at the thought because he knows there is a huge possibility of him being accurate of his conclusion.

He is not a neurosurgeon, true, but he is a person who has absorbed the knowledge and uses it wisely when he needs it with his sharp analysis skills. It’s something he is always being proud of because his ability of concluding many things, narrowing down vast amount of information, has saved lives before.

But at this very moment Sehun wishes to be anything but a genius.

Because he knows what is happening to Lu Han.

 

“Post concussive syndrome.”

Dr. Park Chanyeol drops the bomb just as he expected. He was never wrong on concluding certain things. Sehun isn’t shocked because he foreseen this but he is not quite ready to digest the whole idea of Lu Han slipping from his health. This is dangerous, to Lu Han’s life, to his career and to his future.

Sehun pinches the bridge of his nose and leans back of his chair, letting the silent to build its fort around them for a minute or two. Sehun chins up, folding his arms on his laps to meet the gaze of the concerned psychiatrist Dr. Zhang. As Sehun nods Dr. Zhang takes it as his cue to speak.

“Lu Han is a bubbly person by his character and so often he is still like a child but he handles situations in a more matured way because he is a grown adult man. But after the little chat we had I realized that he has developed this personality change due to the concussion and stress.”

Dr. Zhang carefully explains the situation with Dr. Park humming behind, fueling his monologue. As he half expects, Sehun questions cutting him off in the middle.

“Stress?”

Dr. Zhang nods as he answers.

“Yes Dr. Oh. He despises the idea of being watched by other two people, criticizing and opposing every little thing he tries to do.”

Sehun narrows his eye brows. He leans in placing his hands on the desk. How on earth the precaution he took to look after Lu Han better has turned out to be the cause of the entire ruckus?

“You mean my maid and chauffer? So I am the one who created this on him?”

Bitterness is evident in his voice. Chanyeol leans and pats his hand.

“There there Dr. Oh, don’t get him wrong. It was bound to happen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter