Attempt 12

Fighting Over An Alien

The day gradually went by with the boys stuck indoors. Jimin and J-Hope asked the staff if they could rent an Xbox for the day. They amused themselves the whole day with piping themselves in front of the TV.

 

Suga was obviously in a deep sleep, Jin just continued reading his TaeJin fanfics and Jungkook went to the open court to play a bit of basketball.

 

Taehyung read and listened to music at the same time. He brought along his favorite books, Boy Meets Boy and Will Grayson, Will Grayson. He knows it was a gay story, but he knows a good story when he sees it and he never got tired of it.

 

Namjoon was laying on his stomach, writing down some lyrics and listening to music as well. While thinking of the right lyrics, he looked over to a certain someone who was so encaptured in his book. He smiled a bit and continued jotting down some ideas.

 

(English version of Hold Me Tight)

 

Only your body makes me able

come here and hold me

I only see just you, only you

I see nothing other than you

look, it’s fair, it’s equitable

if I take you away, nothing

even just one day without you is please

hold me tight, hug me

Can you trust me

can you trust me

can you trust me

pull me tight, hold me

hold me tight, hug me

Can you trust me

can you trust me

please please please pull me tight, hold me

as ever, a light shines from you

as ever, you’re like a fragrant flower

please believe me now

please hold me again

so I can feel you

please pull me in and hold me tight

I can’t breathe without you

I don’t know anything without you

please open your closed heart, dampen my heart

please pull me in and hold me tight so I can feel you

 

Namjoon was satisfied with his work. One way of expressing his feelings is through a song. This is how he felt about Taehyung. He really wishes that someday Taehyung would be his.

 

-------------

 

It was already dinner time. The manager went from door to door to tell the boys it was dinner time. He knocked on Jimin and J-Hope's door and didn't wait for an answer, opening the hotel door. The room was poorly lit, only the light from the TV illuminated the room. He saw Jimin and J-Hope sitting on the floor, continuously battling each other. The manager opened the lights and Jimin and J-Hope hissed due to the blare of the light. It revealed their red sore eyes from playing the whole day.

 

"Yah, what have you two been doing the whole day?! Look what happened to your eyes!" The manager exclaimed. The two boys just looked at their manager with tired eyes. Serves them right. "Aish, you two are real pabos aren't you?" The manager shook his head. "Its dinner time. Come to the dining hall at the ground floor." The manager instructed and with that, he left the two boys and went on to the next room.

 

He barged in on Suga sleeping, as always, Jin having a giggling fit, which was rare and Jungkook, who was nowhere to be found.

 

"Jin, what are you doing?" The manager raised an eyebrow on the still giggling boy. Jin immediately stopped and put down away his phone, who was reading another TaeJin fanfic.

 

"Uhm... Nothing." 

 

"And here you are, supposedly the eldest." The manager shook his head in disappointment. "Anyways, wake up Suga, find Jungkook and when you do finish those things, the three of you come down to the dining hall in the ground floor." The manager instructed and went of the room, proceeding to the next.

 

He braced himself for the next set of weirdos. Honestly, Taehyung and Namjoon are the weirdest of the weird if you could say. Taehyung looked like he wasn't weird at all, but then he just starts to suddenly make noises with the maknae, while Namjoon, who may be serious, but seriously, have you watched Rookie King? He opened the door with a deep sigh to find the room surprisingly quiet and the two looking as normal as ever, which wasn't normal to him.

 

Taehyung was just reading a book while Namjoon was writing things down. He sighed in relief. Thank goodness.

 

"Yah, dinner time. Go to the dining hall in the ground floor." The manager instructed again and for the last time. The two spared him a glance and simply nodded. It was so silent and he went out of the room awkwardly.

 

That was weird.

 

---------------

 

Dinner time was quiet. Well, for Bangtan, that is. They heard chattering all over the place, but none of it were their own. They are unusually quiet and it was really creeping the living out of the manager.

 

After the quiet dinner they had, each of them started retreating to their own hotel rooms and resumed on doing what they were doing.

 

Namjoom went out of the balcony, coming intact with the cold breeze. He looked at the beautiful quiet night sky, sparing a glance at the perfect full moon.

 

Sometimes, in these silenced moments, he finds some inspiration in writing something. He got nothing. Instead, he just thought about Taehyung. Taehyung, Taehyung, Taehyung was what filled his mind. He doesn't know if he feels like his heart will explode if he doesn't say what he feels. He wasn't usually this cheesy even in his inner thoughts, but something in Taehyung drives the cheesiness out of Namjoon and it feels weird as .

 

Taehyung noticed his hyung just staring off into space and so he decided to approach him. He slided the big glass door open and that seemed to snap Namjoon out of his trance.

 

"Hyung are you alright?" Taehyung asked, his voice laced with concern. Namjoon nodded.

 

"I was just thinking about something."

 

Taehyung thought that Namjoom was being uptight about something so he wanted him to snap out of it and you know, just be relaxed.

 

Taehyung grabbed Namjoon's hand which Namjoon was taken aback by the sudden action. Taehyung dragged Namjoon out of their hotel room and into the hallways.

 

"Taehyung where are we going?" Namjoon asked, being dragged to the elevator.

 

"Well, just a soothing night walk. You seem stressed, so I thought it would be a great idea to walk into the moonlight and just feel the sand on our feet." Taehyung answered in all honesty. Namjoon smiled a bit, hearing that the younger was concerned about him.

 

They got to the lobby and walked to side of the beach. The sound of the waves slowly hitting the shore, the soothing sound of the crickets and the bright lit moon in front of them.

 

They started to walk along the long beach shore and was getting drowned in the silence between them so Taehyung decided to break the ice.

 

"So... What were you thinking about that made you seem stressed?" Taehyung asked.

 

"Well... I was just thinking about someone." Namjoom admitted.

 

"Who?" Taehyung asked curiously. Namjoom bit his lip. What's he supposed to say? Luckily, a group of dolphins came by.

 

"Oh, look! A dolphin!" Namjoon pointed towards the sea where a group of dolphins were swimming together. Taehyung's attention was successfully diverted towards the dolphins and stared at them in awe.

 

"So cute!" He squealed. Namjoon sighed in relief as Taehyung took the bait.

 

After the dolphins disappeared from their view they started walking again and gladly Taehyung didn't bring up the subject anymore.

 

They found a nearby nipa hut and decided to stay there for awhile. Taehyung starts to talk and talk as well as Namjoon. They were both drowned in their deep conversation that they ended up sleeping there. Namjoon noticed that Taehyung, who tried to keep the conversation going, was already bobbing his head forwards, indicating that he was already sleepy.

 

Namjoon grabbed Taehyung's head gently and pulled it down on to his lap.

 

"Hyung, let's go back, I'm sleepy." Taehyung yawned.

 

"You think?" Namjoon chuckled. "Let's just stay here for the night. I like the view better."

 

"Okay, if you say so." He mumbled cutely. He quickly drifted off to sleep while Namjoon took a glimpse of his angelic sleeping face.

 

Namjoon made sure Taehyung was already sleeping before he shifted their positions into a hugging one and not forgetting to plant a goodnight kiss on Taehyung's forehead.

 

Good night, Taehyung.