$5 Tips and a Business card

Stars and Constellations

     Ring, ring, ring!!

     The alarm rang at 5:30 in the morning. Rolling to the other side of the bed, you slam your hand down on your alarm clock. You want to sleep in more but knowing your boss, she won't tolerate lateness. You stretch, throw your legs over the side of the bed and stand up. You walk to the bathroom and turn on the shower, Warm water of course. you strip and step in under the sprayer, letting the water hit your head and back.

     About 45 minutes later, your locking the gate to your building and step out onto the busy streets of Seoul, Korea. Close to 10 minutes later, you are hanging up your jacket and purse in the employee room. Putting your apron and name tag on, you go to your first table of the day. You bow to the two business dressed men  and pull out your pen and order notebook.

     "Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Kim Lunahana and I'll be your waitress for this morning. Today's breakfast special is the Big Breakfast Platter. It has eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, pancakes, muffin with a coffee of your choice and size," you smile. "What would you gentlemen like for this morning?"

     "Yes, we would like two cups of coffee and the Big Breakfast Platter. Thank you, Miss. Lunahana." 

     You write down the Two men's orders and tell then you'll be back with their order. As you wait for order 41, you are startling by your best friend and coworker, Li Taiwo. He was your childhood friend and you were surprised when you knew he was working at Tai Chi. You gasp and slept his arm playfully.

     "Hey, Luna! How is your morning today?" He hugs you close and you hug back.

     "Hey, Li! I'm good. What about you?" You hear the chef say that your order will be ready in 7 minutes. You smile and look at Li. "Can you put on EXO's WOLF?" You hand him a coin for the Jutebox. He nods and goes to turn it on.

     You grab the Two plates for the two men and put it on a tray. You go and make their coffee and make your way to their table. The song comes on and you start to sing to the song. You put the two plates in front of the men and their coffee. You continue singing and with the tray start to dance back to the counter. Li is cheering you on as he busses the dirty tables and the chef is singing too. The two men watch you dance and sing, then start to talk, not even touching their coffee or their food. About 30 later and with clean plates and empty coffee mugs, you go to the now empty table and start cleaning. When you lift the empty mug, you notice a $5 tip and a business card. You lift the business card and see that on the back, there was writing. It said Miss. Kim Lunahana, we would like you to come down to this address. Ask for a Mr. Minho and Mr. Xing. We hope to see you today. You look on the other side and there was a name, Mr. Minho, and an address. You take the card and the tip. You go to the next customer and take their order. Your work has started. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     It is 6:47 in the evening when you finally grab your purse and head for the door.

     "Bye, Luna! See you tomorrow!" Li says and waves at you. You wave back and exit the Cafe. You look around and dig into your pocket to pull out the card you got that morning. You shake your head and look at the address. Sighing, you straighten your shoulders and flag a taxi down. You get in and close the door behind you.

     "Where too, Miss?" The cabbie asks, glancing through the review mirror at you.

     You give him the card. "To this address please." 

    "Yes, Miss. Will do," he turns on the meter and your on your way. You glance at your phone and note that it's 7:00. You then look up at the small tv embedded in the passenger peadrest and see that there was news on EXO. 

     About 15 minutes later, you feet the car come to a stop and the cabbie tells you it's $22. You give the cabbie $25 and exit the cab. You stand before a huge building. You shake off your nervousness and start up the steps.