PAGE 1: Night with the Enemy

Non-Disclosure Agreement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
PAGE 1: Night with the Enemy

-Ms. Park Bom POV-

            Ring. Ring. Ring. Ugh… Ring. Ring. Ring. What is it now?? I struggle to open my eyes and look towards my nightstand that is right next to my bed. “Who is calling me at this time? It’s too early for this!” I grab my phone that was laying on the nightstand and answer the call. “Hello?” I said aggressively.

            “Woahh. Who pissed you off already?” a soft voice answered back.

            “A girl named Dara. She interrupted my sleep by calling me so early in the morning. I think she owes me breakfast now.”

            “Hmm, Dara? She sounds pretty cute.” The soft voice giggled.

            “Yep, pretty annoying too.” I lay down on my back, staring at the ceiling, with my phone next to my ear.

            “Hmmph! You don’t have to be that mean Bommie!”

            I laughed. “Haha, Dara, you know I love you, but you literally woke me up. I was at a shoot and it ended at 2 am today. I’m just super tired…” I sighed.

            “I’m sorry… and I love you too Bommie, that’s why I decided to wake you up. I may not be able to get you breakfast, but I think I might be able to get you lunch. It’s 1pm already…”

            “HUH?!” Oh . It can’t be 1pm already! I get off my back and look at my alarm clock. It stated it was 11 am. “You , you gave me a heart attack!”

            “Hehe. Sorry, couldn’t help it. But I know you’ll forgive me soon!”

            “What makes you think I’ll forgive you so soon?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

            “Open up. I’m outside of your apartment… I brought breakfast!”

            I’ve never ran so fast. I’m so hungry right now!!

            I opened up the door and saw Dara holding two bags filled with food. “THANK THE HEAVENS, I AM SO HUNGRY!” I grabbed the bags from Dara and brought it to my kitchen.

            “Well, hello to you too.” Dara took off her shoes and walked towards me.

            I turned around and started walking towards Dara. “Hi Dara!!! Glad you came. We still need to catch up too! I missed you so much. Thanks for bringing breakfast too, I had a crappy night yesterday.” I gave Dara a hug.

            “I missed you too. It that we have barely any time together to meet up. We’re so busy with our jobs nowadays!” We both walked towards the kitchen. “So what messed up my best friend’s night yesterday?” She sat down and started taking the food out of the bags.

            I met Dara from being in the same agency, To Anyone Entertainment. I am currently a supermodel under the agency, but before that, I was just an intern, helping out the artists under the agency with their errands, etc. I previously didn’t want to become a model; I just wanted to have a job to earn some money for college. Dara entered the company when she was a young teenager, becoming a popular child actor around that time. I was assigned to bring Dara her script for her new drama she was acting in, and to be honest, I dreaded having to meet her. All the interns were saying how snobby Dara was and were spreading false rumors about how she was dating all of the popular teenage boys during that time. These rumors gave me a bad impression on Dara, so I decided that when I was to meet her, I’d give her a disapproving look, and she’d act all y towards me. It turned out that all of those rumors about her were false. She was the total opposite, and I felt bad for believing those jealous interns.

 

Flashback – 8 years ago

 

“Ugh. Did you see that Dara chick? I can’t believe she’s dating so much. She’s only 17, yet she’s stealing and dating EVERYONE!” The first intern said.

“I know! I heard she’s dating Lee Minho AND Kim Woobin! AT. THE. SAME. TIME! I can’t believe her. She’s such a snobby .” The second intern said, rolling her eyes.

            “Park Bom!” A To Anyone staff member called me and I walked towards her. “Give this script to Sandara Park, she’s up on the third floor. Be there in 5 minutes, nothing less, or else.” The staff member put the script in my hands and walked away.

“Haha! I feel bad for dorky Bom. She has to meet that AND look at the difference between the two. Bom’s ugly and even though Dara is a , she’s still better looking than that nerd over there.” After hearing the interns giggle with each other, I pushed my glasses up and walked towards the elevator. I had to give the script to Dara. Once I got in the elevator, I started to think about this Dara chick. I started to become angry, because those girls were right. I was a dork. I wasn’t pretty. I had glasses, I didn’t dress well, and I didn’t wear makeup yet. I was plain. I was ugly. I wasn’t like Dara, who caught every boys’ attention.

Angry, I noticed I gripped the script too hard, which caused the script to have creases. Damn, I could get in trouble for this. I tried to straighten it out a bit. Once the elevator stopped on the third floor, I got out and headed towards the room Dara was in. Before I knocked on the door, I heard someone crying. I ended up knocking on the door, and heard a soft voice say, “Come in,” in a weak voice.

I walked in and saw Dara sitting on a couch with her head down. “Um, I’m an intern, and they told me to deliver the script to you…” I left the script on the table and started walking towards the door.

“Eh, um… Thank you...? Sorry, I haven’t met you yet. What’s your name?” Dara looked up and gave me a sad smile. I turned around to look at her and I noticed her red, puffy eyes.

“Park Bom. Nice meeting you.” I bowed.

“No need to bow, it seems like we’re the same age. How old are you?” She spoke in a soft voice.

“I’m 17.”

“Oh! Me too!” Dara smiled, looking a bit happier. “Bommie, I’m sorry, is okay if I call you that? You’re very pretty and adorable. I would kill to have your looks!” Dara smiled at me. Huh? Is she crazy? She’s the pretty one! “Would you like to sit down? I understand if you’re busy and would like to go, but I have all these snacks here, and I’m too sad to eat right now. It would be a waste to throw it away…” Dara started gathering all the snacks together for me to eat.

I was about to walk away, until I saw that she had corn on the table. My favorite! I sat down next to her and reached out for a piece of corn. “Thank you!” It was my first time smiling at her.

“Woah. You’re seriously gorgeous.” Dara kept staring at me with her jaw open. “Are you interning to become an artist?”

“Nope, I’m just here to gain some money for college.” I started munching on the corn.

“B-but you’re so pretty!” Dara reached out for my hand. “I’m so jealous. You have this aura to you; I bet you grab all the boys’ attention!” She smirked at me.

It’s official. This girl is either blind or crazy. “Me? Pretty? Haha, please, don’t fool yourself. I barely talk to any boys too…” I looked down at my lap. Wanting to change the subject, I decided to be blunt and ask her if she was crying.

Instead of lying and changing the subject, she shocked me by giving me a confession. “Yep… the boy that I was partnered up with in the drama, Lee Minho, started calling me names, saying I was ugly, that I didn’t deserve to work with him, and that my acting … such an , but I don’t know… I’m starting to believe him too. I mean, I’m not the prettiest, I probably didn’t deserve to work with-“

“Stop.” I looked at Dara. “You’re pretty, and he was just trying to psyche you out. He probably knows that you’re going to be the craze of the drama and you’re most likely going to steal his spotlight.” I shrugged my shoulders and starting chomping on a second piece of corn.

“Bommie, thank you. I honestly needed to hear that… Now I can go kick his with confidence. I don’t get why people are thinking we’re dating. He’s such a douche!” Dara crossed her arms.

“Wait… so you’re not dating him or Kim Woobin?”

“Hell no! I denied Lee Minho and I never even met Kim Woobin… There’s so many rumors out there, I can’t believe people are calling me a . I’ve never even been with anyone!”

This shocked me. Why did people speak so mean of Dara? She seemed so real, so nice. She seemed similar to me.

“Bommie, you should honestly try out to be in the entertainment world! You are the perfect package!”

“Miss Sandara Park, you’re crazy.”

“Cal me Dara, and no I’m not!” She reached out for my hands and sat me down in front of the mirror. “Let’s have a quick trial.” She smirked.

            After the little makeover she gave me, she called her manager, and they booked me an audition. I started going out on friendship dates with Dara, which lead to sleepovers, which lead to daily hangouts. We immediately became best friends. We clicked automatically, and always understood each other. My life as an intern stopped, and I became a model, while Dara was working as an actress.

 

End of Flashback

 

            Before we knew it, Dara and I became the top stars in our own individual work places. I became the most wanted female model in the industry, and Dara became the most wanted actress in the industry. I always giggle when people call us the Powerful Best Friends, as if we’re some couple.

            “I brought you your favorite corn by the way… so spill the beans!” Dara handed me a box of corn.

            “Thanks, I love you!! And ugh, the only reason why I had to work so late was because they were decidin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter