Handsome Little Fool

Playboy

Sehun’s POV

 

“If Sehun continues behaving like this, we will no longer be a couple.” Well me I didn't know she had it in her. A young woman, not even a university graduate, commanding a boardroom as if she'd done it countless times before. The look on her face was fierce and out of the corner of my eye I could see that ing guy who she hugged in the reception avoiding her gaze. He must have seen her act like this before.

 

“Miss Choi please explain why are you speaking of Sehun in such a rude and direct manner?!” The senior executives looked shocked and I sat there biting my lip, wondering what she was going to say. Was she going to keep up the lie that Chen and her didn't have last night? She drank some water and cleared before she spoke, maintaining her poise.

 

“I will not divulge the finer details, good sirs, for I do not believe that is fair on Sehun and is an invasion of his privacy. However, you can put your faith in me that Sehun has been unprofessional on several occasions today alone.” All eyes me. I knew what the senior executives were going to ask me, and I had to prepare my answer. Was she right? Had I been unprofessional? If anything she was unprofessional first by ing your bandmate.

 

“Sehun, what do you have to say for yourself?” As much as I wanted to say she was a lying cow, I knew the high price she would have to pay for me saying that. Even though I felt so betrayed by her, I did not want her to lose her job.

 

“I will not deny her claims,” I replied and I looked over to her. Instead of seeing a nod, or a gasp or even a smile from Min, all I got was a completely blank poker face. How could she be like this?

 

“Sehun, I don’t understand what the reason is behind your behaviour but it needs to stop now. The value of this company has risen because of you and Min’s relationship and by the end of the second quarter we are expecting a huge boost in sales revenue. Consider this a warning.” I wasn’t expecting the words of a senior director to be so scary, but they really were.

 

“Don’t worry I will be more sensible in the future,” I replied, which is exactly what they wanted to hear. I’m not dumb, I know how the game works. And apparently, so does Min.

 

“Right, well the meeting is now adjourned I think we have taken care of all the necessary business here,” the director stated, quickly the scanning the faces of the rest of us in the room to make sure we didn’t have anything else we wanted to say. He then nodded, satisfied at the silence. “Miss Choi, I would advise you call your flatmate to collect your friend at once. Then the both of you can get back to your respective schedules.” Min bowed respectfully and then made her way out with Hoon in tow. Being left in a room full of pissed off senior executives wasn’t exactly my thing, so I traipsed out as well.

 

Suddenly realising that i didn’t actually know what my schedule for the day was, I went on a hunt for Min. She was the last person I wanted to see and I’m sure that she felt the same about me, but nevertheless I needed to be professional. Besides, I couldn’t go and ask one of the others what we were doing today or they’d realise something’s up.

 

At last I caught her waving goodbye to that Hoon guy, whoever he is. When she turned around to look at me her bright, warm smile instantly fell as she crossed her arms over her chest.

 

“What can I help you with, sir?” she asked with a tone that was so false it made my insides churn. she’s really, really pissed with me. Whatever, it’s not like I’m pleased with her either.

 

“I just wanted to know what my schedule for this afternoon is. After all, I have a lot to catch up on after I wasted my time being out yesterday.” My words were probably too harsh, my tone too bitter to be considered even remotely professional but I didn’t give a damn she deserved it, especially because she betrayed me in the boardroom. She was only doing the job she was hired to do. She has every right to report misconduct or bad behaviour to her seniors.

 

Instead of responding to my question, or even showing a single sign that she was remotely hurt by my words, she called Tao’s assistant over. Nari I think her name is? The two girls whispered and giggled in front of me and I was about to say something but I thought better of it. I’d only shout and make things a whole lot worse for myself. Having people thinking I was a diva was really the last thing I needed. She then returned her attention to me, clearing before she spoke.

 

“You and Chanyeol are going to work together on a rap for a new song until dinner, where you’ll be dining with the group Red Velvet. Who knows, maybe one of those girls will prove a better ‘waste of time’ than I did.” Without me even dismissing her, she was already walking off with Nari, the two of them having linked arms together as if they were back in high school. Why does everyone always take her side these days and not mine? Because she’s not the one who ed someone else behind the other’s back.

 

Fortunately for me, Chanyeol knew nothing about the whole debacle which meant that spending the afternoon with him was actually somewhat of a blessing. Together, we came up with the start of something that the both of us were actually proud of. It was mainly his work but being the nice hyung that he is, he encouraged me by saying that without me, he never would have found the inspiration to write the song.

 

Naturally, my brief of good fortune couldn’t last forever. While the music track was rendering, Chanyeol turned to face me, and I knew what was coming next.

 

“So, how did your date with Min go yesterday hm? Did you guys… you know get it on?” he asked, wiggling his eyebrows at me which made me roll my eyes. You’d think with his he’d have a lie that was too busy to worry about everyone else’s. Somehow though, this was not the case as he chose to live his life vicariously through others.

 

“Put your dirty mind away, Yeol. No I did not get laid last night, though I can’t say the same for the I went out with.” It was only meant to be a passing comment, but he took it much more seriously than that. A frown formed in his lips as he pushed my head roughly.

 

“Yah what the hell Sehun what are you calling Min a for?” Were all of my members this damn protective of her? What happened to caring for the maknae of the group?

 

“Well she is for sleeping with Jongdae behind my back after I tried so hard to give her the most romantic date that I’ve ever been on.” It felt good to say exactly how I felt, not hiding anything. Chanyeol on the other hand wasn’t feeling so good about what I had to say.

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me Sehun. Jongdae of all people? I know he has feelings for your girl and I’ve got to say after what you’ve told me he would be a much better match for her, he would still never do that. He’s not a girlfriend snatcher, Min is not a in any way and, most importantly of all, Jongdae values s and our union as a group more than anything. Do you really, honestly think that he would do this to you?” Without even giving me the chance to respond, he got up from the chair and started making his way towards the door. “You need to sort your out, Sehun. This is a new low, even for you.” And with that I was left alone, with only a monitor to keep me company.

 

I eventually caught up with him and the two of us walked silently backed to the dorms half an hour before we were supposed to leave for the dinner with Red Velvet. It was nothing fancy but that didn’t mean I was going to look like a slob. Maybe Min would be right after all. What if I found one of the girls particularly delectable? They’d probably all be so at the idea of being ed by one of their seniors. My was already twitching at the mere thought.

 

Knowing exactly what to wear, I dashed over to my closet and rifled through my things and slowly the outfit was coming together. It was a black leather jacket with a red t-shirt underneath and some black skinny jeans which were slightly ripped along with some heavy boots. For some reason I could always pull a girl wearing this outfit, so why not do it again?

 

With only a few minutes to go before we had to leave, I decided to sit in the living room and wait for the others. Suho was already out there of course, and he did not look happy with my outfit. In fact, he looked about ready to tell me to go back and change. However, since I’m a fully grown adult and this wasn’t an official event, he decided against saying anything at all.

 

Jongdae was the last one to be ready, which was surprising because usually that was Tao. He had Xiumin’s arm on his shoulder, the older looking supportive somehow, though I couldn’t figure out the cause. I swear to god if that little is spreading lies I’ll make him pay. But what if he didn’t do anything just like Yeol said and you’ve ed up once again?

 

The girl group was already waiting at the restaurant for us and they bowed to us out of respect when we came in. how y they would look if they bent over just a bit lower for me. Apparently there was a seating plan and he doesn’t know who arranged it, but it was clear they knew about the fight he had with Jongdae as they were sitting right next to each other. Xiumin tried to volunteer to swap places with Jongdae but Suho was having none of it, so us two were awkwardly sat next to each other, with one of the girls on our other side. Next to me was Joy and she was an absolute beauty, so maybe if I just focused all my attention on her the evening wouldn’t be so bad after all.

 

She was younger than me and therefore easy to charm, and with a few well timed compliments I had her wrapped around my little finger. She didn’t say so directly of course, but the way she batted her eyelashes and called me ‘oppa’ told me she was falling for me already. Can’t say I blame her being a trainee all that time. And she would definitely be sweet to have in bed. Or more likely, in my favourite vocal studio. God bless the guy who invented soundproof walls and one way mirrors.

 

When Joy got up to say she was going to use the bathroom, Irene, the girl on the other side of Jongdae, got up as well. No doubt to have a gossip about the both of us in the toilets like most girls seem to do. As I was watching Joy walk away, I heard Jongdae sigh next to me. I looked over at him, as if to ask ‘what do you want’ and after he finished sipping his drink, he responded.

 

“You still like Min, don’t you?” I snorted and rolled my eyes at him.

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me. I would never want that so you’re welcome to her.” Fury was blazing in Jongdae’s eyes as his fists clenched and for a second I thought he was about to kick over the table. I had never seen him like this before.

 

“Don’t you ever dare call Min something that derogatory again. She deserves so much better than you. I mean come on, are you really going to tell me that you’d rather be with Joy than Min?”

 

“Of course I’d rather be with Joy what kind of question is that? Did you see the way she was looking at me with those ‘ me’ eyes?” Jongdae just put his head in his hands and cursed under his breath.

 

“I’m really starting to feel I made the wrong choice by letting you have her. You clearly don’t appreciate even half of how amazing she is. You know if you tried any of those lines you used with Joy on Min, she would’ve just hit you over the head. And she wouldn’t have come hore tonight simply wearing something a coordi noona picked out. She’d be wearing something that she likes to wear and what she thinks represents her. So I’ll ask you again. Are you telling me that you’d rather be with Joy than Min?”

 

I hated to say this, but the little had a point. Joy was nothing special, she was just like all the other girls I had ed my way through. Easy to figure out and easy to claim. Min on the other hand was anything but easy. She did what she liked, she had her own mind, and most importantly she did not let the face that I’m an idol faze her.

 

“Okay so maybe you’re right, but so what? You two still ed last night, right?” He shook his head and sighed at me.

 

“What I am about to tell you is the whole truth about what happened last night. I promise you that none of this is a lie, and I want to tell the whole story first before I respond to any of your inevitable objections, alright?” He looked deadly serious now. I tried to think of the last time Jongdae lied about something, but I couldn’t think of anything. There’s probably nothing to remember for a reason.

 

I responded by nodding my head, and he continued speaking. “I had a free evening off last night, one I had known about for a few days. I made all the necessary arrangements to get to her apartment, where her roommate Soobin let me in and I explained to her what I planned to do and she agreed to help me out. We set her room up with candles, rose petals, romantic music, musk oil the works. She was even kind enough to make plans so that when Min finally came back from her date with you, we would have the place to ourselves.” His smile was starting to falter at this point, which told me we were getting to the important part.

 

He finished his drink and then proceeded. “When she came home, she found me in her bedroom, where I said the words ‘I know you have to be Sehun’s during the day, but will you do me the honour of being mine at night’ to her. It was at that moment where I realised her heart lied with you. Even before she told me she couldn’t do it, I already knew. So we said our goodbyes and I left. The reason I was so late was because I needed some time to think, on my own. Try and get over the pain of letting her go. So there we have it, That’s what happened.”

 

I sat still for a little while, letting Jongdae’s words slowly seep in. He really didn’t seem to be lying, and the more I thought about that, the more it dawned on me how much of a mistake I’d made.

 

“ what have I done…” I groan, leaning back in my chair. “So all those sweet things she whispered in my ear about yesterday… they were about me?” Jongdae nodded and I groaned some more. I’d really messed up, big time. “How the do I fix this?”

 

“Well now you know what really happened last night, ask yourself this: do you really love Min? How do you want to fix it? Do you just want to say sorry and go back to being on good terms, or do you want more than that?” I let thoughts of Min fill my mind. Her laugh, the way she walked, the way she looked when she wasn’t paying attention. They’re not things I usually even notice with other girls. All I looked for in Joy was good face, nice and enough s to hold properly in each hand. I don’t even look for those things in Min. Because all I see is perfection.

 

“I… I think I love her. Really, truly love her.” It felt strange saying those words out loud, but also incredibly right. I’ve finally figured it out, the strange feeling inside that I get whenever I look at her. It’s love.

 

“Well then we’ve got to do something about this and fast. Come with me I have a plan.” The two of us stood up to go, and just at that moment Joy and Irene finally came back from the bathroom.

 

“Oh oppa are we going already? Just let me say goodbye to my girls and then we-”

 

“No Joy, I’m sorry but it’s not going to happen. There’s something I need to do.” I hated breaking her heart like this so I turned away from her as Irene sat her down and tried to make her feel better, glaring at me in the process.

 

“Are you going where I think you’re going?” Tao asked, standing up from his chair.

 

“Yes Tao, and feel free to join us. For what I have planned we’ll need someone with your talents,” Jongdae answered as he put his jacket on.

 

“Well I want to come too. I know far too much now to not be involved and I want to see things put right,” stated Chanyeol, his booming voice making the whole table fall silent.

 

“Can someone tell me why half of my group are rudely leaving halfway through dinner?” asked Suho, sounding like a worried mother as always. Once Jongdae whispered the explanation to Suho he nodded and ushered us out the door. Finally, I get to go to Min.

 

Min’s POV

 

I have honestly never been so grateful for an evening off. After the day from hell that I had at work today, there’s nothing I wanted more than a bubble bath and a catch up with Hoon. Speaking of whom, I hope him and Soobin were getting on well. She’s become almost like a sister to me in these past few months, and it really means alot to me if she likes the people that I’m close to and I care about.

 

The car drops be off just outside my building and I thank the driver before stepping out onto the street and slamming the door behind me. I wasted no time getting indoors, for it was too breezy outside for my liking and it was starting to get dark so I made my way into the apartment block without another moment’s hesitation.

 

Once I unlocked the door to the apartment, I tossed my bag to the side and flopped onto the couch and sighed. My peace didn’t last long however, as I noticed that I could hear sounds echoing in the living room. I got up, grabbed the can of pepper spray from my bag as a precaution and walked around the apartment. The sounds seemed to be coming from Soobin’s room. As I approached the room, I could make out her cursing and making sounds like she was struggling or something. That’s it. I had to find out what was going on.

 

Kicking the door open, i barged into her room with the pepper spray can held out in front of me, which I promptly dropped to the ground when I saw what was really going on.

 

“Soobin oh my god! You and Hoon, really? What about that guy you stayed with yesterday?”Soobin groaned in frustration and tried to sit up, not bothering to cover herself with the blanket.

 

“Yesterday was yesterday, Min. It has no bearing on what will happen today or in the future. How many times do I have to tell you about this? Besides, when will you stop bringing your pepper spray everywhere? That thing is illegal here.” At that, Hoon started laughing but thankfully he had the decency to cover himself up. Watching his jiggling about as he laughed was really the last thing I needed.

 

“Blame Min’s mom for that one. Back home she always armed her with that stuff. She didn’t trust Min around any guys at all, she was always convinced that they’d steal her away or her or something. Took her ages to get used to me, and we’d been neighbours for years.” I was about ready to throw a pillow at his head. As happy as I was to have him here, I knew he’d start telling Soobin stories from my childhood, not leaving out a single embarrassing detail.

 

“I’ll go now and leave you two to do… whatever. Just try and keep it down yeah? I really don’t need to hear my flatmate and my first love going at it,” I teased, closing the door. Rolling my eyes as I heard what I now recognised as moans and giggles coming from her room, I decided to go into my room instead and change into some comfier clothes.

 

After a little while I realised how lonely I felt in my room all alone. I wasn’t used to having time to myself with this personal assistant job and before that, I would always hang out with Soobin. She’s an arts student but doesn’t spend much time actually creating any art herself. She says she needs inspiration, or a muse, or something, which usually comes in the form of a midnight coffee 48 hours before the deadline. I don’t know where she finds the money to pay the rent, but I don’t want to pry into her private life in that way so I say nothing.

 

Deciding that I needed to distract myself from this loneliness somehow, I went into the kitchen to cook something. I made enough for three, because knowing Soobin’s drive they’d be hungry after they were done, though god knows when that will be. Rifling through the fridge and the cupboards, I decided to make some bibimbap, because it would take up a lot of time and required my full attention.

 

I put on my rabbit onesie to cheer myself up and then got to work, chopping all the vegetables first before i started on the meat. Making bibimbap made me feel somewhat nostalgic as it reminded me of home. My mom owned a bibimbap place and our family lived above it. It was one of the few places to eat in the village, but everyone knew it was the best. After closing time, she’d always make me and Hoon a bowl from the leftovers, saying that we had to finish it or we wouldn’t turn into big strong warriors. It made me laugh how she always treated me like her pride and joy, trying to protect me and make me the best person I could be, yet always telling me to stay true to who I am and not let anyone else’s judgements or criticisms change me. I hope she’s proud of me right now, of all I’ve achieved. I’ll call her later tonight, see how she’s doing. I haven’t really spoken to her since I told her I finally got a job, A lot has changed since then.

 

I was so lost in my thoughts that it took me a while to hear the music that seemed to be playing. I put my knife down and walked around the apartment, thinking it was coming from Soobin’s room or something. She likes to to music but as I approached her door, I heard nothing so I knew that wasn’t it. I made my way to the kitchen, stopping in my tracks as I passed my own room, as it seemed to be louder there. I went inside, but couldn’t figure it out. That voice… I knew that voice. And that song sounded so familiar… could it be an EXO song? I went to my window and couldn’t believe my eyes when I looked out onto the street.

 

Sehun, Jongdae, Chanyeol and Tao were all standing out on the street, right outside my apartment block. It was Sehun who was singing, with Jongdae humming along and acting as back up vocals to help him with the melody. He was singing a song from their new album, and I just stood there mesmerised by his words.

 

I’ve never felt this before, like my breath will stop

My head is filled with thoughts of you

Your face, your sound of laughter

The answer is you

 

At that moment Tao and Chanyeol broke into an impromptu rap and I just laughed at how silly the boys were being. A crowd was starting to gather, so the guys wrapped up their performance soon so that Sehun could speak.

 

“Min, my darling Min. I should’ve done this from the start. I should’ve serenaded you, treated you like a princess, given you everything that you desired. I should never have doubted you, thought that you were lying to me. You are the single girl in my entire life who I look at and see your personality, your kindness, and not your body. I don’t see you as an object, I see you as a woman. You’ve broken my playboy facade and brought out the gentleman within. I love you, Min. Every word of that song is true. My answer is you.” I could hear gasps all around, and the endless snapping of photos. He looked at me longingly, lovingly, and apologetically. And right then I knew exactly what I had to do.

 

I ran out the door, still wearing my rabbit onesie and I ran down the stairs as fast as I could, too impatient to wait for the elevator. Finally, I was outside and there, waiting for me, was Sehun. I barrelled towards him and hugged him so tightly that he almost fell to the ground. I looked him in the eyes, and couldn’t help but laugh at the hopeful look that was glinting in them.

 

“I love you too, you handsome little fool.” And with that I pressed my lips against his, blanking out all the gasps and cheering in surprise. All I needed was him. Nothing else.


So that's it! I wasn't sure how I was going to end this fic but I'm quite satisfied with this ending. If people comment saying they want more, I might do an epilogue or one shots based off this fic or something. However, I'm really really happy with this it's the first story I've ever properly finished and I'm proud of it. Let me guys know what you think of the ending!