Chapter 4: The Broken

Four Seasons (EXO Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*The Silent Girl’s POV*

♫ ♪ Kajima kajima nal jiweobeori gettan geojitmal dashin hajima ♫ ♪

♫ ♪ Geureon mareun hajima ♫ ♪

♫ ♪ Geojitmal da geojitmal ♫ ♪

♫ ♪ Geureon maeumedo eopneun mallo nal jabjima ♫ ♪

♫ ♪ Imi neon neujeotjana ♫ ♪

-Kajima (Don’t go away) by Junsu 2PM and Lee Jeon Hee

It’s been a long time since I last heard this song because I quite listen to the songs here in my phone. It’s also been a long time since I played a lot of songs in one sitting. To describe you how long I have been waiting here, I have 61 songs in my play list; let’s just say that each of them are 3 minutes long, I just heard most of it 4 times and additional to it I never skipped any song and played them in order and not shuffled.

Funny right?

I came here at 8 o’clock in the morning. Even if it’s cold outside because winter is fast-approaching, I still tried to get in here. I told him that I really want to clear things up so I want to see him before I go to school. I know there’s a chance that I would be late but I really don’t care. 10 hours passed and he isn't still showing up until now. I skipped school because of waiting for him. I know it’s my fault but he can’t be this mean to me.

“haaay..” I sighed.

 It’s getting a little bit boring. The songs keeps repeating and I think I’m starting to be fed up with it. I stopped the song in my phone, unfortunately as I check my phone’s battery, it says that I have only 10% remaining. I checked my in box to see if I received new messages and yes I have 2 messages unread.

(Hey, where are you? Your class is about to start. Your teacher will scold you if you came there late again!)

It was from my cousin sent 7:56 am.  Why does she have to let me remember about school? I hate it. It’s just making me more annoyed remembering about skipping my classes.  I opened the other message and it’s from her again sent 4:31 pm. I sighed because of hopelessness, it wasn't oppa.

(Kihyo-ah! You’re really killing me. Appa will probably scold me for this. I’m totally dead. Why didn’t you attend school again? Your teacher contacted me earlier saying you didn’t go to school just now. Jinjja (really) !! You’re adding to my problems you know that? I just break up with my namja chingu (boyfriend) and now you’re acting like that. Why is life so unfair to me?! Aigoo!)

(A/N: Aigoo is a korean expression of disbelief to the situation causing headaches to you. It's like, "what have you done?" or "this kid really".)

Life is unfair with me too. She’s really a caring cousin but I really think she’s just obeying his father’s favors. I really pity her. If it wasn’t uncle she would have let me do anything I want. She takes care of me in Ulsan. She always reports everything to what’s happening in my life to uncle. She’s one year older than me and she’s a trainee of SM and soon she will debut but she still have time to take care of me. She even acts more as my Unni (older sister) than may step-oppa. She is really beautiful that’s why I idolize her. I don’t want her to worry more about me so I replied to her,

(Gwaenchanha (I’m ok) , I won’t let Youngmin-imobu (Uncle Youngmin)  know this. I can handle this. And also, don’t bother find me. I’m in Seoul.)

I hope after saying that I’m in Seoul she’ll get more comfortable and less worried. But right after a few second I received another message.

(Mworago(What did you say)?! What are you doing there? You know I’ll literally die because of what you’re doing! Go back here or I’ll fetch you there!)

This Unni is funny. She’s making me laugh.

(Unni, haha. You’re really funny. Did you forget? You are in ULSAN. Let’s just say you’ll get here by 10 pm and then maybe 1hour of finding me. There’s no sense because we will just both need to stay in Seoul because bus are rare and you know that I don’t ride trains anymore. Haha. Better sleep, I’m really okay. Just relax.)

I sent an SMS message to oppa too telling him to come; maybe this is my 21st SMS to him.  I don’t want to apologize through messages or just calls. I want it to be personal and sincere that’s why I also bought couple bracelets, one which is red and one black. It was a bracelet with a ring tied up with it. The inside part of the ring has an engraved initials PKH <3 LH. I bought it in Ulsan last night near Hyundai Chungun High School (my school). It cost 115000 won. Well, I don’t really care about the price now.

I tried to call him too but he’s not answering so I leave him a message.

(“Oppa, can you please come. Please?”) then send it to him.

I’m starting to get more hopeless as time pass by. An ahjussi came in wearing a black coat. He has a hat on his head and a mask to cover his mouth. I can’t clearly see him because of his mask. He suddenly looked at my way so I immediately look at my wrist watch. I don’t want to make an eye contact to strangers. It was 6:13pm. I sighed again and looked around the shop but there isn’t oppa around.

Didn’t he know that Ulsan is far away from here? Didn’t he know that I wake up early to go here and now accepting the fact that I skipped my classes for him? I know I usually skip class not just because of him, but this is a sacrifice too kuchi(right) ?

The ahjussi earlier is now making his order in the counter. I think I know him but I just don’t know when and how did I meet him. His back view is somehow familiar to me.

“Mmmm” I said as I think deeper. “Ah, never mind!” I added.

Maybe I really don’t know him. He’s now making his way to the left part of the shop to sit.

The cold is sneaking inside the shop. I don’t know why I don’t like winter much but maybe just because of the coldness and also it’s making me stop from drinking bubble tea. I rubbed my hands and then blow on it to make it warmer. I put it in my cheeks to let it warm.

Now, a lot of people are entering the shop. Many of them go upstairs that’s why they walked into my table because I was sitting in a table next in the right staircase of the shop.  I noticed two guys entering Cofioca. The one guy said to the other

“My treat, since it’s your first time and you are a newbie.”

And the other replied

“Kamsahamnida hyung(Thanks hyung).”

I frowned as I think further. I think I know this guy too, the one with a rectangular shape smile. Someone from my childhood maybe, but I don’t really know. There are lots of people I mistakenly recognize as someone I know from my childhood maybe he’s just one of them. The other guy entered the stock room and the one I thought I knew sat on the table near the counter. A few minutes later, the white guy handed the other a bubble tea.

“Weird…” I whispered.

Then the ahjussi earlier went into the counter again to order.  This time his hat is off his head. I think I really know him. Why can’t I just remember him?

Then a long hair girl walked in. She isn’t even wearing a school uniform but I can say she has the same age as me or a year older maybe. She looks happy and she has a book with her. She sat near my table that’s why I can see clearly that she’s reading “Peter Pan”.

“Good taste” I whispered again. Well, I think she’s a good reader because she has a taste in picking books.  I saw the white guy glaring at her. I can’t read his mind. I don’t know if he’s thinking something bad of the girl or what. We had an eye contact that’s why he looked away from the girl and stopped glaring at her from that moment. I don’t like that kind of guys then I sighed.

Then two guys walked closer to my direction and took the table near mine. The short guy sat first then,

“Omo!” I said as I covered my face. I turned away from the two guys and face the glass wall of the store. I just stared outside. Why here? I know the other guy. I don’t want to see him! Ugh! It’s dobi!

Suddenly I feel warm because the shop is starting to get rowdy that’s why I feel more comfortable now. It really lessens the coldness sneaking inside the shop. Outside I saw someone who looks foreign to this land. He’s tall and handsome but I don’t mean anything with that. He entered the shop and someone walked in next to him. He smiles weirdly because the corner of his lips is narrow which is cute. Again, I don’t mean anything with that. I looked outside again and saw snows falling down.

“First snow” I said as I rub my hands.

It’s almost December. I need to surpass this winter again, poor me. Decembers are really not in my favor so I can’t talk to it and say “please be good to me” because it’s always not, ALWAYS. All I need to do is live and wait for spring. I saw that the glass wall of the shop has moist all over it. I started writing using my fingertips “Kajima.”.

This time, three people entered the shop. They are with cute dogs. But I can’t come closer to them because I’m allergic to that kind of things. No matter how cute the dogs are, they can’t be mine. They are too furry for a weak girl like me. I sighed. They went to the counter and ordered. They somehow had a little argument there.

"Psh. I thought you're going to buy me too. How stingy!"  the whiter one said. Well, the other is darker that’s why I said that. They’re laughing really hard like no one can take it away from them. I envy them.

I looked again in my wristwatch. It’s already 6:39pm.

Oppa? How can you let me wait this long? Am I really that bad? Waeyo(why)? At this time, I’m already teary-eyed. I immediately rubbed my eyes to stop it from letting tears flow.

As I’m rubbing my eyes, two people entered the shop. The guy has fluffy cheeks like baozi(steamed buns) and the girl looks like him but she’s pretty. I think their siblings, again I envy them. Me and my siblings aren’t that close like them. We are not strolling from shop to shop like their doing. I have an older brother and a little one. Well, technically the older one isn’t really my oppa. My dongsaeng(little brother) is my mom and step-dad’s son. One is a step-brothers and the other one is my half-brother.

As I look at the three people again, the white guy is now talking with a guy, the guy who is with dobi. The short one with big eyes is talking with the whiter one. And the pretty girl is snuggling the dogs. I wish I can do that too.

These people erased my boredom and I think I should thank them. But I can’t do so I checked my phone again to see if he replied to my messages. Luckily, I received one.

(Arasso(Get it).)

“Ouch” I said. Out of 21 messages I sent to him and 8 missed calls, this is what will I only get?

I sighed.

But then, I think I should still be thankful because after 11 hours he still made it and didn’t let me wait for days. I know he will be here in a minute because SM building is really not far

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter